• Latest reply 11 years ago by Outsider
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BR_cannon-inst1.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Got a beat on a clean BR. $2500. Seems like this pin is underrated today, and should climb down the road. Investment wise...worth picking up?

#2 11 years ago

Of course quality is king, but at $2500 it should be pretty near pristine. From what I hear it is almost impossible to find one with no cannon wear so if you found one maybe it is worth that much, but I'm not sure. I don't want to price police. If you're looking at it purely as an investment my personal opinion is you should pass. Having owned it for a while I think it is a fun game, but it will never reach elite status. As such it will never command an elite price. That's my opinion anyway. The one thing it has going for it investment wise is that there don't seem to be too many floating around, but that only goes so far. If you really like the game and you're comfortable with the price then go for it. If you're looking to move it any time soon that'd be a pretty clear pass for me.

#3 11 years ago

http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/Black-Rose/statistics

Think it is a little pricey for the condition.

#4 11 years ago

If it has no cannon wear make sure to talk to Cliffy =-) he made one.

That is a lot for that title also. I would only consider it if it is your grail or pristine HUO.

#5 11 years ago

Just realized u probably meant bead on, not beat on. I guess i dont know condition

#6 11 years ago

One just sold recently for $1500. I think it was in decent shape.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Outsider:

Investment wise...worth picking up?

I think viewing pins as an investment will only lead to future disappointment. Buy what looks fun and not what you think might increase in value. That being said, to answer you question, a BR over $2000 would not be a worthy pin to pick up investment wise.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I think viewing pins as an investment will only lead to future disappointment.

+1 If you're looking for something to invest in, something that's mechanical, takes up a lot of space, wears out and breaks down, that only a tiny group of people are interested in acquiring is probably not a good investment.

I have been working on a BR. I just got a new cannon assembly. I am still looking for the cannon decals - everybody seems to be out of them right now.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I have been working on a BR. I just got a new cannon assembly. I am still looking for the cannon decals - everybody seems to be out of them right now.

Bay Area Amusements lookS to have them in stock.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-31-1656-SP-SET

Totally agree on the poor investment angle. Buy games to play and enjoy them.

#10 11 years ago

God, all you have to do is look at two things to discount Pinpedia as absurd:

STTNG average sale price "Average Prices: USD $1,600 to $2,900" Really? A 1500 variance constitutes an AVERAGE?

And...

LETHAL WEAPON 3 IS RATED HIGHER THAN LORD OF THE RINGS...

If that doesn't scream absurdity, I don't know what does!

#11 11 years ago

Never play with pins as an investment. If you want to try it that is not going to bring you much money on that one at that price.

Moving to buying/selling advice

#12 11 years ago

I wouldn't pay $2k for a BR even if it was in pristine condition.

#13 11 years ago

If it has no cannon wear make sure to talk to Cliffy =-) he made a protector.

Yep! Or actually if it does have wear you'll need one

BR_cannon-inst1.JPGBR_cannon-inst1.JPG

#14 11 years ago

Investing in Pinball for a mediocore game for $2500. I think you need to find better things to do with that money. I would doubt you could ever get that back out of it.

#15 11 years ago

I hate the word/concept of investment with this hobby/passion.

#16 11 years ago

It seems that there are under valued pins out there that you can purchase, enjoy and hopefully look for it to increase in value over time. Seems like this is not the case with this BR. No problems purchasing with this mindset IMO.

Appreciate the input here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-future and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.