Topic Stats

• 1,269 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by EStroh
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 390 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Black Rose Shooter Pinball Apron. Restored Mikonos1.jpg
2020040295143652 (resized).jpg
2020040295143600 (resized).jpg
2020040295143546 (resized).jpg
2020040295143535 (resized).jpg
2020040295113602 (resized).jpg
2020040295113546 (resized).jpg
Black Rose Right Pinball Apron. Restored Mikonos1.jpg
Black Rose Left Pinball Apron. Restored Mikonos1.jpg
DSC04870 (resized).JPG
DSC04869 (resized).JPG
DSC04868 (resized).JPG
DSC04861 (resized).JPG
DSC04860 (resized).JPG
DSC04859 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider websherpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#695 2 years ago

Quick question for other Black Rose owner/fixers. I'm paying some long overdue attention to my Black Rose and noticed that when I set it up again, everything was fine. But after a score of plays, I find that the Davey Jones Locker pop-up ramp will no longer come cleanly down to meet the playfield (it rubs against the side to the ramp walls). That prevents the ball from being shot from the plunger lane and cleanly making it up the Davy Jones Locker ramp. It was working fine and flat for a while, and now it's binding.

When checking it, nothing was loose, but I can also not see an obvious way to make it come down clearing the sidewall (on the side closeset to the middle of the playfield). Has anyone encountered this before and is there an obvious adjustment or bent part that I am not seeing?

I'm not a newcomer to fixing pins, mechanical or electronic, but I've never had a part binding like this where I can't easily determine which part has bent out of shape.

Thanks!

P.S. I also fixed the Cannon mechanism playfield level - which is the buagboo of this game. I actually have a new cannon as well, waiting in the wings that was vacuum formed from molds of the original, but they are ALL warped. What I did was clamp the cannon body to a flat glass surface and then heat up the plastic cannon body to it's acrylic glass transition temperature and allow and lightly push the relaxed plastic to conform to the flat glass surface. This allowed me to cool the cannon perfectly flat on top and was thereafter much easier to level with the playing field. I also put in TWO hex screws per levelling post as that made more sense in terms of better tightening of the levelling mechanism (although more awkward to tighten) and making the set level much more stable once the lock nut is tightened up into place.

P.P.S. IMHO, the Cliffy protector for the Compass Rosette here is somewhat questionable. I had one and it only makes things worse as it causes more of a lip for the ball to get hung up on, and so I took mine off and discarded it. I wouldn't advise anyone to buy it as if they don't have to. While it "might" help cover playfield wear, it is just as easy to use a thinner vinyl or mylar patch if the wear isn't too bad, or with some effort do a bondo and repaint repair - but having it on the playfield definitely plays havoc with the ball trajectory (and scratches your balls). Your mileage may vary.)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider websherpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside