• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Got formal confirmation from ColorDMD that BR is being worked on "by someone else"...

What does that mean? Another product? Or that they are outsourcing ?

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

It relates to my previous posts around offering to help ColorDMD with colouring Black Rose. They came back and told me someone else is doing that, basically confirming epthegeek's post that he was the one doing it. Almost all of the colouring work to my understanding is outsourced.

Gotcha - thanks! Can you ask someone to re-do Twilight Zone and Doctor Who? The Orange Daleks are driving me crazy!

1 month later
#665 6 years ago

Hey all! Just curious what a players (let’s assume minimal playfield wear) BR goes for? I really enjoy this game but have been foolish enough to go for other titles instead of this great one

2 months later
#707 6 years ago

I guess I thought these were all pretty much interchangeable? Does BR need a special one because of the middle shot?

3 months later
#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

I guess we all do things diffrently, but thats just crazy advice in my humble opinion.
If your going to remove mylar with the freeze method (which usually is the best method on games from this era) dont just rip it off, TAKE YOUR TIME.
Make sure the adhesive has frozen and pull slowly. Freeze, pull, repeat. Dont rush things like this.

Seconding this. You have to go very slow - a lot of times it’s hard to tell if you’ve successfully frozen off the adhesive, and you pull too hard, too fast and ... lifted insert decals..

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

My experiences have been exact opposite. Freeze separates mylar from adhesive, not adhesive from playfield. I do a small area at a time of course, but if I lift mylar slowly it will pull the adhesive too. And thats what you want to avoid.
I ruined 2 inserts practising slowly. And after that I started doing it faster. No problems since.

I followed Vid's guide - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-547712

He doesn't really specify, just states to " Carefully peel the film back a section at a time." I interpreted this as "go slowly!" and it so far has worked well

#806 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Just wanted to price check Black Rose here with you guys... I put mine up for trade recently and got back some interesting offers. So for starters I know I put in a lot of mods on mine and I will never get that value back. I get that. I accept that, but some of the offers I got were kind of insulting and it stung a bit. Has the market for this pin dropped?
My Black Rose
Coin Taker Non Ghosting LEDS
Mirrored sides
Color DMD
Pin-stadium Lights
Cannon Cliffy
Good-Great condition regarding the playfield
No color fade on the side of the Cab.
Everything works as it should.
Battery pack mod
My offers where $1500 (I have had multiple offers for this), $1800, $2000 (about 6 offers), Straight up trade for a Jokerz, Straight up trade for a Sharkey's Shootout, Straight up trade for an NBA Fastbreak (in rough condition).
I am not ashamed to say I bought the game for $2800 and put in a pretty penny on the mods. So I was a little taken back. Are these people just low balling badly? I assume its worth is still around $2400-$3000 depending on mods and what shape the pin is in.
I don't know what do you guys think???

Just bargain hunters - ignore them; they know their offers are a long shot

2 months later
#871 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

It is super-cool. So dramatic when it does it when you are ready to sink a ship. Ours has white and red LEDs in the respective spots and it is awesome.

So are there 2 sets of GI sockets? One for white and one for red?

3 weeks later
#876 5 years ago
Quoted from Nairolf:

Hi,
I'm trying to save my black rose. It works very well but the playfield have a big problem on SINK SHIP...
I'can't fin any overlay for this and really don't know what to do to fix it...
It's helloween so I can put this photo!
Any idea is welcome...
[quoted image]

You can recreate the inserts using “waterslide decal” paper which you can print on an inkjet printer, and then Mylar over to protect them. You will need a scan of the original art though, and need to scrape off the existing insert art

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from Nairolf:

I'll take a look of "waterslide decal"... Thanks a lot!

Also check the Vid1900 thread about playfield restoration, there’s tons of info in there

2 months later
#919 5 years ago
Quoted from TurnedWoods:

3D printing of the Cannon. Two of my mechanical engineers are pinheads and have done some work with 3D printing. I pulled the cannon out of my BR, modeled it, implemented significant changes around the hinge (common point of failure) and then printed 3 test articles.
The fit up and functionality of the design is spot on. The bad news is that the printing composite we used did not hold up well in the game. Specifically at the cannon edge / play-field area. We noted micro chipping in the material and were concerned that the debris could get bonded to the balls in play, damaging the play-field graphics.
We have a dialog going with the distributor we use for 3D printer support and materials.
There are plenty of materials to choose from however, the selection is not so good when it comes to transparent / clear material, which is how the original cannon was produced.
More details to follow in a few weeks

What material did you use? I’m curious, as there doesn’t seem to be any way to 3D print a clear piece at all - and you’d need something that’s a big flexible to stand up to the strain

2 weeks later
#950 5 years ago

I've really wanted a BR for quite a while - and I've recently gotten a number of plays on the new POTC. I've never played BR in person,
So I'm curious if there's any influence on Pirates

1 week later
#961 5 years ago

Looking to join the club some day.. currently have an IMDN LE to trade if anyone is interested

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Sure! A 1 to 1 trade. I will ship my game from Norway ASAP!

Lol not exactly what I meant

7 months later
#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I've been on the hunt for 2 years. Just saw your post in another thread.
Every once in a while one will pop up for top dollar. Had a few pinsiders say, Let me look, then nothing.
That's the closest I've gotten.

Why hasn’t anyone just made a 3D printable file and sold that? (I mean, I know the answer, but after 3+ years of waiting.. come on)

1 month later
#1099 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

After going through my game found my DMD was very unsecure due to aged plastic standoffs ... so I'm going to install a Colordmd LCD display. Due to the height of the display will have to arrange the relocation of 2 lights and 1 flasher ...
[quoted image][quoted image]

If it’s not too late, Consider a ColorDMD LED display. It’s still full color, still looks great, and keeps closer to the original “dots”. And it’s the same profile as a regular DMD so no obstruction

#1103 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Have purchased the LED display before and resold it! I find the lack of dots more to my taste, so I use the smooth setting.
Will post the results when done.

Copy that, understood. Well it’s a great upgrade either way!

3 weeks later
#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from dmeca12:

Anyone know where I can get a cannon plastic body?
thanks

PPS?

ROFL!!!!!

3 weeks later
#1137 4 years ago

This is pretty damn amazing! Way to go Rick. I have always wanted a BR - maybe it’s time!

7 months later
#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I use NVRams in my Data East, Sega, and Stern Whitestar games because the ram chips are socketed and the installations are easy. On Bally & Williams games the ram chips are soldered to the boards and removal and installation of a socket are beyond my soldering skills. I have found Frank’s Lithium Battery Boards-for BALLY-WILLIAMS within my soldering skill level. https://www.tntamusementsstore.com/wptnt/product/franks-famous-battery-board/
[quoted image]

Even quicker to deal with is the Energizer AA Lithium batteries. They last for years as well. Add an external battery holder if you really want to go no-maintenance.

#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from jheath:

I do have an external holder but nothing is saving. New batteries installed. Not sure how to check. Very new to this

If nothing is saving, the external holder isn't connecting properly. Is it one of those ones with the wood dowels in place of batteries, with a wire running to the external holder? Those are kind of kludgy

2 months later
#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

From memory alone i think it's a wood screw post but if the hole has been stripped out too much then swap to the longer post with the nut thread. Sorry it's 1.30am and i've had a 'few' bourbons so can't supply a part reference off the top of the bonce

It's definitely a wood screw post. But this is a good idea regardless - those posts eventually weaken anyway from ball impacts; the through-posts with the nut on bottom are far stronger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.