Topic Stats

• 1,228 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by zerbam
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 356 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

63b5ca119f4df626b419ffec772a2fea891042ab (resized).jpg
DSC04772 (resized).JPG
F9DB5074-CEC8-422C-B465-F5F1D36DC575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2028 (resized).jpg
Scurvy (resized).jpg
count me in matey (resized).jpg
6007E752-DB2A-4B71-A794-ABB8C5FD6392 (resized).jpeg
C17883AF-7B21-4191-8402-D3CD273A6F16 (resized).jpeg
D8A61715-A646-4A4C-A706-786CAD7C95E5 (resized).jpeg
AC684E1F-EC0A-46F8-8173-E5F717375DCD (resized).jpeg
197F6C1E-4A77-4DB3-848D-E27C0A2D3900 (resized).jpeg
DSC04733 (resized).JPG
switch (resized).JPG
20200111_163732 (resized).jpg
20200111_163746 (resized).jpg
20200111_163041 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pocketscience.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#384 3 years ago

Have just put a deposit on a BR and will hopefully take delivery in a few weeks time. It's far from perfect, but a tough game to find down here. I can't wait to see the face on my 9yo pinhead son when he sees it!

3 weeks later
#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The wire forms(ramps) both are slated to be made in New Year! One of many titles we are doing. Will be posting multiple threads in Jan for pre-order and market adds.
These will be in 3 colors. Gun metal blue, powder coated black, and chrome.
I can start the list now for those interested.
If you can wait a little while and a little patience should be done by April. Black Rose is the fourth title up, so it's a ways off.
This project has been months and months in the works. Will update in a month.
I'd like comments and suggestions on colors for those truly interested.

Wow! My BR arrived on Saturday and the "straight down the middle" wire-form is held together at the bottom with a zip tie, which forces the ball off to the left instead of the right. I would definitely buy a replacement. Will you make the wire forms available individually? The rest of mine are OK, but out of interest do you have pics of what the black and blue look like?

3 weeks later
#412 3 years ago

Really hoping PPS remakes the translight. Could really need a new one.
Hey mates, question, serious question.
If Colordmd were to make this game, How many would buy it?
I know a guy who knows a guy....
This might happen is my point. But not worth the effort if only ten are going to sell.

I'd definitely buy it.

1 week later
#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have a red fire button for sale or the yellow fire decal?

Marcos sell the fire button for a few bucks - I bought one recently.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1567-5

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

Anybody have a playfield for sale? I bought a junker but it's too good a game to part out.

Can't help, but hope you can save it from being parted.

1 week later
#425 3 years ago

Morning bump for whirlpool ramp.
Mark is considering making it if there is enough interest.. Say 20 guys. About six have expressed interest. Need more pirates.

Don't really need one, but will happily put my hand up for one to get it over the line.

2 weeks later
#448 3 years ago

Any updates on the cannon wire-form ramp?

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I would say it is one of the most under rated pins around. Nice flow and a great rule set make it a real keeper for me. To be perfectly honest I actually play my Black Rose more than my Attack from Mars !

You can always offload your AFM in my direction...

2 weeks later
#460 2 years ago

Hey guys, I'm looking for a lockdown bar. The one on my game has a bunch of pop rivets in it for some reason. I've posted a wanted ad also. I'll be in CA in a couple of weeks so hoping I can source one in that time. Cheers,

2 weeks later
#485 2 years ago

I thought I read that the lightning flippers are slightly shorter...?

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from ColinLuxford:

Im looking for a new or used Cannon Body for my Black Rose. I just bought the machine, and sadly, have found that the previous owner has simply glued a broken cannon together and it fell apart after a few plays.
Anyway, can anyone point me to a supplier that might stock? Ive cant seem to find any, and am desperate to get to play!!
Thanks.

Ugh, that sucks. Mr Pinball in Australia had it listed on his site not all that long ago (just before Xmas from memory). I was thinking of getting one as a spare. Unfortunately it's now listed as out of stock. Maybe send him a message to see when they might be back?

#501 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

they are 1/8" shorter.

Well forget that then... I'm a crap player as it is without widening the gap!!

1 month later
#515 2 years ago

Can someone take a pic of their lockdown bar with the hole visible - ie button removed? Both sides would be great. My original LDB wasn't from a BR and has a rough hole drilled, that along with pop rivets holding the bar together were enough for me to seek out another, which I received thanks to a nice pinsider - however the replacement appears to not be from a BR even though it has factory drilled hole (no fault of pinsider who provided it). I'm guessing it's from a NBA FB, but I thought it was the same as BR? Either that or there's another game that has a button on the LDB...

Either way, I'm now back on the hunt for an actual BR LDB unless I can somehow get this other one to work - hence the request for pics.

Cheers,

#516 2 years ago

Can anyone help with a few pics?

Quoted from pocketscience:

Can someone take a pic of their lockdown bar with the hole visible - ie button removed? Both sides would be great. My original LDB wasn't from a BR and has a rough hole drilled, that along with pop rivets holding the bar together were enough for me to seek out another, which I received thanks to a nice pinsider - however the replacement appears to not be from a BR even though it has factory drilled hole (no fault of pinsider who provided it). I'm guessing it's from a NBA FB, but I thought it was the same as BR? Either that or there's another game that has a button on the LDB...
Either way, I'm now back on the hunt for an actual BR LDB unless I can somehow get this other one to work - hence the request for pics.
Cheers,

#519 2 years ago

Thanks - can you take a measurement from the rear edge (i.e. the one closest to backbaox) of the bar to the edge of the hole, ignoring the notches if possible?

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Made this up, should be close enough.

Legendary. Thank you kind sir. I've got a new shiny bar on order.

Cheers!

#527 2 years ago

Very shiny Leon!

1 week later
#541 2 years ago

Yes, that's backwards! J137 is a 9-pin with 8 connections for playfield lamps. J138 is a 9-pin with 2 connections for insert lamps. See page 3-15 of manual.

BR-J137 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#564 2 years ago

The DMD on my BR is starting to play up. Has anyone fit the ColorDMD Sigma replacement? If so which one is the correct one to order:

http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

or:

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

Cheers,

#567 2 years ago

Correct, you have to use LCD for Black Rose and Gilligans Inland. If you can hold off i will test fit one after the 15th Aug, wont have a chance till then.

You mean LED right..?

So it seems like this is the one: http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

3 weeks later
#573 2 years ago

Yup, mine has optos.

4 weeks later
#593 2 years ago

Check the connector for J120 on the power board. If it looks like this you'll need to replace it. Pretty easy to do - I had no GI lights in mine when I got it and replacing connector fixed it. Pretty common problem. Depending on the condition of the board pins you might need to replace them as well. More effort, but will be a better solution if you do that at the same time.

IMG_6654 (resized).jpg

#596 2 years ago

Marcos has them I'm sure - 11 pin IDC connector. You'll need to get the little tool to seat the wires into the connector as well. I just snipped the wires as close as possible to the old connector then inserted them into the new connector - 2 minute job. However, I would highly recommend taking a good look at the pins on the board too. If they look dull, dark or just plain shitty replace - the heat that damaged the connector is sure to have damaged the pins. To do that you'll need to remove the board from the backbox. Easy enough, but take pics of where all the connectors are before you remove them.

Now, you need to be pretty careful removing the pins from the board, so if this is your first time wielding a soldering iron I'd recommend you find someone experienced to do it for you. The pads on the board are easy to damage with excess heat. If you know what you're doing then carefully unsolder the pins using your tool of choice and remove from the board, insert the new pins and solder it in. Replace board in backbox, replace all the connectors and enjoy the warm glow of GI once again.

3 weeks later
#614 2 years ago

That looks cool. Any issues installing? What flasher colour did you go with?

1 week later
#618 2 years ago

I had some a while back and the fuse connectors were filthy. Cleaned them up and popped in new fuses and the message went away.

2 weeks later
#630 2 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Just out of pure curiosity... Has anyone out there installed the Inner Cabinet Decal Mod? I am asking because I honestly would love to see an example with it installed.
ebay.com link

I contemplated them, but ended up getting black mirror blades instead - they're pretty awesome.

#638 2 years ago

Mind posting a pic?

I'm overseas for work currently so a few thousand kilometres away from my machine. Will try remember when I'm back.

#639 2 years ago

I reached out to the ColorDMD guys a week or so back as I reckon I could give BR a crack. I've got a software engineering background and a decent eye (I think). We'll see what they say... but no response in over a week.. so just pinged them again.

#641 2 years ago

The research I did, sounded like Black Rose would never work with the current ColorDMD. There is no space to actually fit it. Don't get me wrong, this game screams for a nice colored DMD. I would buy it in a heart beat.

It does fit, you just have to remove the controller board from memory. I've got one here, but haven't installed it yet. I didn't buy it until I got confirmation it could be done.

#646 2 years ago

Yeah I should have clarified you need the LED as others have mentioned.

#651 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That would be because I'm working on it.

Boom! Mike drop!

#657 2 years ago

Got formal confirmation from ColorDMD that BR is being worked on "by someone else"...

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What does that mean? Another product? Or that they are outsourcing ?

It relates to my previous posts around offering to help ColorDMD with colouring Black Rose. They came back and told me someone else is doing that, basically confirming epthegeek's post that he was the one doing it. Almost all of the colouring work to my understanding is outsourced.

3 months later
#669 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That would be because I'm working on it.

Are you allowed to share any details on your progress? If so I'm sure a few of us would appreciate some news.

Cheers,

1 week later
#673 1 year ago

Welcome to the club Andy! I had to redo the GI connectors as well when I got mine. Just make sure you replace the pins on the board as well as the cable connector - if you leave the manky pins they’ll continue to give you grief. Can’t offer anything on the cliffy issue - I don’t have one on mine.

It’s looking very likely the next ColorDMD title is Black Rose which is awesome - I installed a display a little while back in preparation!

#687 1 year ago

Already got my display installed... just need the ROM now...

#691 1 year ago

My BR won't know itself... I have a LED kit, Pinstadium and now ColorDMD ROM to install..

1 week later
#699 1 year ago

Love the shark! Could you not run the wiring on the other side?

#701 1 year ago

Thanks - my OCD levels have returned to normal.

2 weeks later
#704 1 year ago

That's exactly where mine is..

#705 1 year ago

I’m looking for the trim piece that the back glass sits in. It’s part starts with 03-8230 but I’m not sure which of the 3 varieties listed on the planetary site is the right one. Anyone parted out a BR recently?

If nothing else if someone can identify exactly which part it is I’d appreciate that too.

Thanks,

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_Yellow_16-9147-B/index.html#/186/

81483309-79D8-491C-8B11-0833F8089CC3 (resized).png

#706 1 year ago

The part is 03-8230-3, and is also used on Harley Davidson, Party Zone, Radical!, Gilligan's Island, Bugs Bunny along with Black Rose. Any hints or leads appreciated...

#708 1 year ago

Nope - the other machines that use the same part don't have a middle shot.

3 weeks later
#719 1 year ago

Sorry for delay. Not sure my info helps or not. They are currently not available. However, I would send a email to Rick at PPS and ask for an eta when this bottom mold trim would be available. GI and BR are identicle, infact all 5 titles are Identicle. There is no special cut out or trim difference with BR.

Sent a message but nothing but silence after a week or so...

#721 1 year ago

Did you try your 2 parts suppliers on Australia?

Sure did.

2 weeks later
#722 1 year ago

I had a few bad columns on my DMD, and diagnostics was giving RAM errors. So I removed U24 and replaced with a socket and new RAM chip and it's perfect now! Yay!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pocketscience.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside