• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#267 8 years ago

Any one have a spare metal piece that catches the balls under the Davy Jones Locker and sends it to the canon?
Or a link to a new one?

I suspect the one in my friend's BR is not the correct piece as the balls remain trapped there between it and the playfield. Tried to add some spacers with no luck.

BR_metal_(resized).pngBR_metal_(resized).png

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Take the glass off, start a game, bang on the targets until you get a reset, if at all. Sometimes it's the vibration that's possible shorting something else in the area that's causing your issue ... so yes, possibly has nothing to do with the targets or diodes.

Also, it can help if you go into the switch edge test to see if multiple switches record when you push on the individual targets. It is best to test out all the switches so we can see if it is related to a full row or column of switches. Usually multiple switch recording are because of a common broken wire or diodes between the switches.

2 months later
#336 7 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

I need some help with my BR. If you activate the two flippers at the same time the machine shuts off and then resets. The message shows " switch F-1 R-flipper EOS. Any thoughts ???

Start with your end of stroke switches on your right flippers. Are they making contact? Go into switch test and manually push up on all the flipper bats. If you do not see one register, then you may need to adjust the EOS switch or sand down on the EOS contacts or even replace the EOS switches.

If that does not help, measure your coils. From the middle tab to one outer tab of the flipper coil should measure about 4 ohms and other middle to other outer contact should be about 150 ohms.

#340 7 years ago

Deleted due to response given while typing up a suggestion.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

Turned out to be simple. It was a bad connection on the fliptronics board connector. the black wire from the eos wasn't seated properly. Now I can " swim like a bilge rat" again. Thanks for all the input, you guys are great.

Great news. Enjoy your game.

3 weeks later
#347 7 years ago
Quoted from v8racefan:

whole family loves it

That is a big plus

1 year later
#679 6 years ago
Quoted from PinNewb:

Let me know if you figure out the resetting issue. Mine does the same thing even through the battery was upgraded to lithium.

Define what you mean by resetting.

4 months later
#760 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Ok, IN_Pins!
When I have advances, I will show them here (in my base thread later).
I´m working in custom pinball cards for this pinball too.
If people wants to know my skills for this restoration, this is my base thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos
Regards

And keep your updates there please.

#767 5 years ago

Click on Add to Wait list and add your email address to the list. Hopefully it will help get a run made. http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-BR03-85XX

2 weeks later
#804 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Just wanted to price check Black Rose here with you guys... I put mine up for trade recently and got back some interesting offers. So for starters I know I put in a lot of mods on mine and I will never get that value back. I get that. I accept that, but some of the offers I got were kind of insulting and it stung a bit. Has the market for this pin dropped?
My Black Rose
Coin Taker Non Ghosting LEDS
Mirrored sides
Color DMD
Pin-stadium Lights
Cannon Cliffy
Good-Great condition regarding the playfield
No color fade on the side of the Cab.
Everything works as it should.
Battery pack mod
My offers where $1500 (I have had multiple offers for this), $1800, $2000 (about 6 offers), Straight up trade for a Jokerz, Straight up trade for a Sharkey's Shootout, Straight up trade for an NBA Fastbreak (in rough condition).
I am not ashamed to say I bought the game for $2800 and put in a pretty penny on the mods. So I was a little taken back. Are these people just low balling badly? I assume its worth is still around $2400-$3000 depending on mods and what shape the pin is in.
I don't know what do you guys think???

If you really plan on trading it, I would pull out all the mods I can, especially the ColorDMD. Removing these items likely will not affect your trade value under normal circumstances.

2 weeks later
#809 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Good point,
I'm not trading it anymore. But if I ever do want to I will have to take you up on it. Thanks for the responses guys. Now I know I am not losing my mind.

I hope you are still enjoying your game, especially with the ColorDMD. My game is on loan 2 hours away and I would not be able to appreciate color if I was to get one for the game.

3 weeks later
#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Add replacing d2 with a new diode. Still no luck. I wonder if a pintech nvram would do the trick.

NVRAM should do the trick for holding settings. Can you post a picture of your MPU board please?
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Do you need some help with it being installed? I could do that for you.

#851 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yea I will post a pic tonight. I am just trying to find a solution. It's a pain to turn on freeplay every time you power on the game. Seems like I have replaced the common issues and it's still not saving. I did put a socket in when I added the new ram chip so adding the nvram should be easy.

Are you exiting out of the menu and allowing the game to reboot before turning the game off? Also, is that the original RAM chip?

#853 5 years ago

You may not be getting the battery voltage to the RAM.

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yep you were right. I made a rookie mistake. When I install the battery I put the positive lead on the wrong hole so the chip wasnt getting power. Just power to the diodes. Thanks again for pointing that out.

Not really what I was expecting, but good you found that issue. NVRAM time!!

1 month later
#874 5 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

And my cannon door is bowed down in the middle any one had that problem

A quick search found it by description in Australia. You can look in the manual for the part number and do an internet search, usually finds them here in the U.S.

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/black-rose-cannon-door-flap/

1 month later
#894 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I've just joined the club! Apart from wear on the cannon (which I have bought a Cliffy for) any other cool things or necessary things I need to have here?

Congrats on your purchase. LED ColorDMD is another cool thing you need to add. Gameblades inner artwork look great on this game. https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/black-rose

1 year later
#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Noone have a list of GI bulbs?

I have red ones in some places, for example one red and one white under each slingshot plastic... Is that how it's meant to be?

Yes, that is meant to be like that. Black Rose and Party Zone both have modes that use the red lamps only. Sets the mood of the mode.

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

But one blue one when the reds are lit?. I tried to look for a R next to it but couldn't see.

These 2 games have a regular GI and red GI. No blue bulbs. If some blue are installed in the GI, that is not original. Likely a blue LED was put there because a white LED at the the angle in that spot from the player's prospective may be burning eyes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 34.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.