• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paddypaws.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#325 7 years ago

Avast behind!
Just got a Black Rose. Nice playfield and no damage to the ramps etc. Cannon looks to be in good shape. The cabinet is very faded, there's no red left! It plays well though, had to fix a couple of Molex connectors that got their wires ripped out when the head was put down for transit. I could by new decals but not sure its worth the expense!

#327 7 years ago

I have a question for you Black Rose fans. When I hit a fast Whirlpool shot the ball drops off the wire ramp after the tight bend on the exit of the whirlpool? Any ideas what is wrong? What needs to be adjusted?

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

I have a question for you Black Rose fans. When I hit a fast Whirlpool shot the ball drops off the wire ramp after the tight bend on the exit of the whirlpool? Any ideas what is wrong? What needs to be adjusted?

I worked it out. The table was too steep, I like a fast game, but it was so steep the ball fell off the whirlpool wires. It didn't take much less angle to fix it though.

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How steep was too steep?

Well the spirit level bubble was right off the end stop. I raised the front legs about 3/8ths and it helped a lot. It might need a bit more its not completely stopped the ball slipping off the whirlpool rail. Its still very fast.

#332 7 years ago

I don't think the feet on mine are original they are black, unless they were all black.

2 months later
#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

When I hit a fast Whirlpool shot the ball drops off the wire ramp after the tight bend on the exit of the whirlpool? Any ideas what is wrong? What needs to be adjusted?

I'm still getting balls drop off the return ramp after the whirlpool, any ideas what could be wrong?

3 months later
#407 7 years ago

Whilst we're on lighting, anyone else think this game is too dark in the top left of the playfield, mine is just like this pic below, I've borrowed this photo from another members machine ''ITS_ME_AJ'' (earlier post in this thread), but mine is the same just dark as this. Anyone added some GI lights up there?

blackrose (resized).jpegblackrose (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#422 7 years ago

Added a little extra GI lamp up in the top right corner that I thought was a bit dark, quite happy with the results actually. The clear ramp spreads the light around the area nicely. Used the connector on the bottom of the GI lamp that is already on that side by the top loop.

IMAG0522 (resized).jpgIMAG0522 (resized).jpg

IMAG0525 (resized).jpgIMAG0525 (resized).jpg

#423 7 years ago

Sorry, correction, it's the top left corner in the post above of course!

1 week later
#444 7 years ago

Today I fixed my fire button. The ribbon on the original membrane switch was damaged where it goes against the playfield. It turned out to be an easy fix. Cut the plug off the ribbon in the machine on the little board with the diodes. Open one side of the plastic case of the connector and solder two wires on to pins 3 and 5 counting from the coin door side.(see pic). Run the two wires to a leaf switch and hot glue it under the lock down bar. I had to trim about 3mm off the bottom of the fire button post to get room for the switch. The glass also has to slide over the swich, so you have to be careful its not too high! Works great.

IMAG0541 (resized).jpgIMAG0541 (resized).jpg
IMAG0539 (resized).jpgIMAG0539 (resized).jpg
IMAG0540 (resized).jpgIMAG0540 (resized).jpg

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

When my membrane switch broke I just moved another one under the button and moved the wire in the connector to compensate

I couldn't do that in this case as the ribbon was damaged all the way across where the playfield had been leaning on it. The membrane button actually still works, I tested it with a meter on the tracks next to it. The membrane design is a bit rubbish and bound to regularly fail, and probably expensive for Bally to make. It'll never need attention again now.

5 months later
#568 6 years ago

I've asked this in a tech forum but maybe a Black Rose owner may have also seen this? - So here is a weird one. At the first replay score, I have the setting in the menu to award an extra ball. When achieving this score today the display showed the words 'Null Null' written one above the other. (I got the extra ball award). Feels like a software problem, I'm running version L-3, so by no means an early or beta version or anything. Any ideas would be welcome as to what's going on. Maybe I need to burn a new Eprom. Or perhaps re-seat some chips or something.
However the comment I've got so far seems to think this is a software issue. Anyone seen this?

2 years later
#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:So I just completed (minus a couple tiny things) the shop on my Black Rose and am now starting to tune it up. Anyone have any tips?

Fly offs from the whirlpool... at least they usually end up back in the shooter lane. Doesn't seem to be any adjustment? -- Maybe solved with some an extra washer on the wireform mounting post?

My whirlpool rail used to do this and I spent ages trying to stop it. Eventually I did fix it by widening the rails on the tight bend after the whirlpool. I stuck some pliers between the rails and opened them to bend the rails up and apart, it's fixed and hasn't done it since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paddypaws.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=paddypaws and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.