Topic Stats

• 1,301 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Mikonos
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Black Rose Centre Pinball Apron. Restored Mikonos1.jpg
20200513_161451 (resized).jpg
20200513_155514 (resized).jpg
20200513_155451 (resized).jpg
IMG_5164 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9072 (resized).jpeg
20200422_154532 (resized).jpg
20200422_162451 (resized).jpg
20200421_120441 (resized).jpg
20200421_120457 (resized).jpg
20200421_110705 (resized).jpg
IMG_1646 (resized).JPG
DSC04669 (resized).JPG
15999C17-B59A-4840-AD1C-6B0F2053031E (resized).jpeg
CPU (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#893 1 year ago

I've just joined the club! Apart from wear on the cannon (which I have bought a Cliffy for) any other cool things or necessary things I need to have here?

#895 1 year ago

Thanks! It also seems I have the wrong pop bumper caps on mine. Which ones are supposed to be there & what color?

1 week later
#896 1 year ago

And does anyone have a lead on replacing the silver trim at the top of the backbox? Any help to my 2 question would be appreciated

#898 1 year ago
Quoted from Getaway:

Ebay- you can buy a roll of it, from Hong Kong usually, search for chrome d strip, it is either 10 or 12 mm. Dirt cheap

Fantastic thanks!

#900 1 year ago

Okay sweet, will check Little Shop. The chrome strip is generally in 6mm or 30mm though the original is 10mm.
I bought the 20mm and will see how the extra chrome thickness looks, though that would be better than the thinner stuff

#901 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Search Black Rose parts, Little shop of games. Pop bumper caps. Top 2 are blue rings and blue cap, bottom is a white jet bumper cap.

Normal blue cap? Found the collar but not the cap. Part number?

#903 1 year ago

I saw that in the manual and thought that was the setup for the clear pop bumper under the ramp. So you’re saying this is the same cap on the other 2 Pops too, just a different color with a collar added?

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

No, 2 are the same and one is different. 2 of them are 2piece and one is a cap. I will get you part numbers shortly
Blue ones https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=03-8277-10
white One https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8291-13

When you can get part numbers let me know.
Am I also kidding myself thinking I can get a cannon body replacement? What options are out there for a damaged body?

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

The canon bodies are pretty rare. There is a nos one on the pinside shops for 250 pounds. I am really surprised no one hasn't 3d printed it yet with all of this talent that people have these days.

I’m not seeing the ad for the cannon body, do you have a link?

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

The part numbers are in the links I provided

Gotcha thanks mate!

#913 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

I just got access to a very nice 3D printer and am thinking about reproducing it as my next project.

Please do!

1 week later
#918 1 year ago
Quoted from TurnedWoods:

3D printing of the Cannon. Two of my mechanical engineers are pinheads and have done some work with 3D printing. I pulled the cannon out of my BR, modeled it, implemented significant changes around the hinge (common point of failure) and then printed 3 test articles.
The fit up and functionality of the design is spot on. The bad news is that the printing composite we used did not hold up well in the game. Specifically at the cannon edge / play-field area. We noted micro chipping in the material and were concerned that the debris could get bonded to the balls in play, damaging the play-field graphics.
We have a dialog going with the distributor we use for 3D printer support and materials.
There are plenty of materials to choose from however, the selection is not so good when it comes to transparent / clear material, which is how the original cannon was produced.
More details to follow in a few weeks

This is great work and although it’s bad news about the micro chipping it’s better to hear about it now rather than later. I admire you attempting to find a solution for those with broken cannon parts
Keep up the great work

1 week later
#926 1 year ago

Looks pretty cool! Are you offering them up for sale?

#930 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I’d be in once I get my new ramp

Where can you get a new ramp?

#935 1 year ago

I’d like the ramp and whirlpool cover

#941 1 year ago

Has anyone put a Color DMD led screen in their BR?
How do you deal with the USB part when the DMD mounts onto the front of the backbox door?

1 week later
#953 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what part number this is? It’s common on balky Williams machines but I can’t seem to find out its name or part number

69F6058A-FF9E-4C15-AB8B-B2C7F831D957 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#971 1 year ago

Can anyone photograph or explain how the Davey Jones Locker ramp is supposed to sit?
I reassembled mine and the ramp stays up even when the solenoid fires. I’m not sure how the metal guide underneath is supposed to sit

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

Read my post #960 above

I had already read that post but it doesn’t help me as I need to know how it’s suppised to sit on the underside of the ramp. It sat perfectly before I pulled it out to shop.

1 week later
#978 1 year ago
Quoted from DrMadd220:

Hi Guys, I have a hole in my play field up by the pop bumpers. Is there supposed to be another post there?
[quoted image]

Yes there is a post, part number 02-3905

#979 1 year ago

Almost finished my restoration, powder coated the top of the backbox

7A68DA22-B6EE-414E-8D46-1E3D321F4004 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#992 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This is how it looks below the Davy Jones locker for me. The metal pin at the right side is connected to the coil below. In normal play the pin is located as in the picture and the locker metal plate simply rests upon the pin, making balls able to go up. When the coil activates the pin slides upward and backwards, lifting the locker metal plate and giving access to the cannon hole. Hope this helps.[quoted image]

Thanks. I realised the bracket under my ramp is not original, problem solved.

On the subject of black balls, I put those balls in mine and after 30 mins of play they had scratches on them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside