• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whitewater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#306 7 years ago

PLEASE HELP : SWITCH PROBLEM

Hi guys

I have only just joined the club...and I am really pleased to be here. I love the playfield art and the game is great fun.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Turned the pin on today and immediately noticed she wasn't running like normal. A quickly discovered the fire button wasn't shooting the cannon. Then I did a 'test' and found 8 switches were not working.

3 targets that open locker
1 ball eject
2 ball drain
1 lower right slingshot
1 fire button

I have posted a picture of the switch locations. Seems they all use a green wire. I checked the fuses with my multi meter and they seem ok. I turned the machine on again and I have found that there is DC power going to the wires that connect to each switch. So they seem to be getting power!

Getting power but not communicating to back box ?

I have no idea what to do next or where to check?

I also posted a picture of the back box message at the start of 'test switches mode'

Looking forward to your suggestions.
cheers

black_rose_switch_locations_(resized).jpgblack_rose_switch_locations_(resized).jpg
black_rose_back_box_(resized).jpgblack_rose_back_box_(resized).jpg

#309 7 years ago

Pinster68 : thank you I will check it out

Quoted from dr_nybble:

Check pinwiki for great steps to diagnose WPC switch matrix issues.

Wow this is a great resource. Thanks for the tip

2 weeks later
#321 7 years ago

Hi everyone
Thank you all very much for your help, it turned out to be U20 chip. My queen of the high seas is back

Quoted from Whitewater:

PLEASE HELP : SWITCH PROBLEM
Hi guys
I have only just joined the club...and I am really pleased to be here. I love the playfield art and the game is great fun.
I would greatly appreciate your help.
Turned the pin on today and immediately noticed she wasn't running like normal. A quickly discovered the fire button wasn't shooting the cannon. Then I did a 'test' and found 8 switches were not working.
3 targets that open locker
1 ball eject
2 ball drain
1 lower right slingshot
1 fire button
I have posted a picture of the switch locations. Seems they all use a green wire. I checked the fuses with my multi meter and they seem ok. I turned the machine on again and I have found that there is DC power going to the wires that connect to each switch. So they seem to be getting power!
Getting power but not communicating to back box ?
I have no idea what to do next or where to check?
I also posted a picture of the back box message at the start of 'test switches mode'
Looking forward to your suggestions.
cheers

6 months later
#402 7 years ago

Awesome family fun for the whole family. She is such an underrated pin. Everyone who visits me always goes straight for the black rose.

1 month later
#450 7 years ago

I've being playing my blackrose pretty hard and fast so I thought I might make an illuminated palm tree to rest under when I visit pirates cove.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So, I'm not an owner, yet. But I have an opportunity to get a Black Rose. Obviously y'all here like this game. Asking permission to hang out and pick your brain on why or why I shouldn't buy this. The one that I can get is described as: Cliffy on canon, LED's, typical red cabinet fade. Fun game. $2300. I've never played it before. My only pin is a Getaway HS2. I'm a novice to middle of the road player. Thoughts and thanks for listening.

I would say it is one of the most under rated pins around. Nice flow and a great rule set make it a real keeper for me. To be perfectly honest I actually play my Black Rose more than my Attack from Mars !

6 months later
#574 6 years ago

Here is my Queen of the High Seas. I have installed an illuminated blue shark with red eyes and a flashing octopus for fun black rose 0 (resized).JPGblack rose 0 (resized).JPGblack rose 2 (resized).JPGblack rose 2 (resized).JPGblack rose 1 (resized).JPGblack rose 1 (resized).JPGblack rose 3 (resized).JPGblack rose 3 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#625 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I like the Shark! Where did you get it?

Thanks, I made it. Send me a pm if you would like me to make you one, I have one spare shark

1 week later
#648 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

I reached out to the ColorDMD guys a week or so back as I reckon I could give BR a crack. I've got a software engineering background and a decent eye (I think). We'll see what they say... but no response in over a week.. so just pinged them again.

Strange they did not respond I would definitely buy a ColorDMD for my Queen of the High Seas...I think it would look fantastic and I'm sure you would do a great job

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That would be because I'm working on it.

Fantastic ... I can't wait ... that is great news

3 months later
#689 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Just placed my order for a ColorDMD! The preview looks really nice!

I just ordered one to the preview looks really nice

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Friday, sat evening for you. Couple small things to clean up. Looks awesome. You will be very happy.

Fantastic...I can't wait

1 week later
#697 6 years ago

Loving the Color DMD! Looks great... I just purchased some Pinstadium lights and mirrored sides!

Very nice...love the shark

2 weeks later
#703 6 years ago

Hi guys, I've installed the new colour DMD and it looks fabulous. If your thinking of doing the same you will need to take of the dmd controller board and mount it somewhere else or it won't fit behind the back glass. This is how I mounted mine

4 months later
#812 5 years ago

Yes I love the game... the main hang up I have is those damn worthless sdtm shots I get when the cannon isn't 100% level. I mean that thing could be level one day and then just be slightly off the next. The ball hits the bottom rim of the plastic and boom it throws the ball way off. It is enough to drive a guy mad. Plus it's such a pain to get that canon leveled just right to then lower the playfield and notice it moved slightly.
Anyway, I was just curious about my trade options. Then people started throwing prices at me. I must admit my pinball obsession is real. Looking for pin number 2 and I think I know what I want I just need to get my funds built up a bit. But no I am not selling my Black Rose and the color dmd is cool, but those Pinstadium lights are what really brought that machine to life.

I don't mind it, adds some randomness. Similar to the spinning lamp in TOTAN - sometimes it helps you and sometimes it don't

2 weeks later
#843 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There's plenty or range, something must be wrong with yours...
Here's pics of mine at the extremes. Note the alignment on the 'compass'
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same as mine :/

Mine has the same range of motion as in your pictures

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

For some reason my black rose wont save the setting. I have to put it on free play every time I boot it up. I replace the battery holder, new batteries,look for corrosion and just installed a new 6424 ram chip. And still now luck. Any ideas on what to do next?

I had a similar issue. I sent the CPU board away and $80 later it was all fixed. (tech guy said it was a transistor and diode problem also ribbon cable header)

4 months later
#969 5 years ago

Installing a SHAKER MOTOR

Hi guys, I was thinking about installing a shaker motor that would activate when a ship is sunk, but not sure how to activate it. I have noticed that the GI lights flash when a ship is sunk and was wondering if this could some how be used to activate the shaker?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

2 months later
#1003 5 years ago

Hi guys
I have a mystery problem with my Black Rose.
flippers not working
column 2 switches not working
one coil firing randomly (when a game is started)

1. When I turn the machine on it comes up with error - check left flipper switch, check right flipper switch, check right upper flipper switch
2. When I start a game the flippers do not work and the 'davy jones locker' coil starts firing (about 10 seconds between firing)
3. When I go into test mode (solenoids) all coils work fine
4. When I go into test mode (switches) none of column 2 switches register

Things I have done

1. Tested all switches in column 2 for continuity to back of CPU board (no issues)
2. Replaced all diodes on column 2 switches
3. Swapped out the U20 chip
4. Swapped the whole CPU board into another game (no issues)
5. Sent the power driver board away for checking (no issues)

Now I don't know what else to do or check

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
matrix (resized).JPGmatrix (resized).JPG

#1005 5 years ago

Varistor and Thermistor in power box.
Especially if never replaced.

Hi, interesting would you mind posting a picture of the power box you are talking about please.

1 week later
#1010 5 years ago

Its always best. Even wall sockets I've rebuilt for pins, checked power cord, power cord insert, then power box, then transformer connectors. Just a good physical check of power all the way up the line to power board. Then all of those connectors,cpu, audio etc...

I've ordered varistor and thermistor will update when I install them, thanks for the advice

1 month later
#1015 4 years ago

Update. I think I've solved the puzzle. The ramp coil issue was related to a flaky switch. The column of switches not working could be due to a GI light that had shorted to earth. I've sent the cpu board off to be repaired

Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
I have a mystery problem with my Black Rose.
flippers not working
column 2 switches not working
one coil firing randomly (when a game is started)
1. When I turn the machine on it comes up with error - check left flipper switch, check right flipper switch, check right upper flipper switch
2. When I start a game the flippers do not work and the 'davy jones locker' coil starts firing (about 10 seconds between firing)
3. When I go into test mode (solenoids) all coils work fine
4. When I go into test mode (switches) none of column 2 switches register
Things I have done
1. Tested all switches in column 2 for continuity to back of CPU board (no issues)
2. Replaced all diodes on column 2 switches
3. Swapped out the U20 chip
4. Swapped the whole CPU board into another game (no issues)
5. Sent the power driver board away for checking (no issues)
Now I don't know what else to do or check
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
[quoted image]

1 month later
#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yar!
I just joined the crew and am busy getting my game ship shape. Noticed the game has a white and a red GI string. Is there a mode where it only uses red GI?

Yeah, I think when you sink a ship the GI flash red then white. But I have gone for the coloured LEDs in my GI to match plastics etc, so I lose the effect … can't have everything

ps. Welcome. She is a great game. Just make sure you have a bit of rubber stuck underneath your centre wire form so when you shoot the canon you don't damage the flap that lifts up when the ball shoots out because the cannon is a very precious and hard to replace item.

1 year later
#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Picked up a project black rose last week.
Got it all back together and I’ve got 0 working flippers. My working fliptronic board and new rotten dog power driver are in the game. Everything works but flips.
What am I missing? I’m super stumped?

I had similar issue on mine and it was the flipper connectors on the power driver board (but it was a long time ago and I might be thinking of another game ) good luck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 34.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whitewater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=Whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.