• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#801 5 years ago

If it was in the atlanta area I would have no problem paying 2800 to 3000 for it with those mods. I cant seem to find one around here.

3 weeks later
#813 5 years ago

Join the club today. But it has a few issues. The major one is the dmd is not showing up correctly. The left half shows great the right side is messed up missing dots and lines. I check the common stuff first and no luck. Checked the ribbon cables, power cables ,fuses, and the dmd itself(had a spare on the shelf). I fill like it's a board issue but not sure where to start. I don't want to start pulling chips guessing in the dark. And ideas?

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tried the display test? I think it has a ram check in there. Or another dmd driver to swap in?

Did it. Yea the right was acting up, blinking , flashing. And we it got done. Page error b(1). Cant read the rest though

1 week later
#845 5 years ago

For some reason my black rose wont save the setting. I have to put it on free play every time I boot it up. I replace the battery holder, new batteries,look for corrosion and just installed a new 6424 ram chip. And still now luck. Any ideas on what to do next?

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I had a similar issue. I sent the CPU board away and $80 later it was all fixed. (tech guy said it was a transistor and diode problem also ribbon cable header)

Hmmm. I would prefer not to send it off. I wonder what diodes it was.

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

For some reason my black rose wont save the setting. I have to put it on free play every time I boot it up. I replace the battery holder, new batteries,look for corrosion and just installed a new 6424 ram chip. And still now luck. Any ideas on what to do next?

Add replacing d2 with a new diode. Still no luck. I wonder if a pintech nvram would do the trick.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

NVRAM should do the trick for holding settings. Can you post a picture of your MPU board please?
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php
Do you need some help with it being installed? I could do that for you.

Yea I will post a pic tonight. I am just trying to find a solution. It's a pain to turn on freeplay every time you power on the game. Seems like I have replaced the common issues and it's still not saving. I did put a socket in when I added the new ram chip so adding the nvram should be easy.

#852 5 years ago

I am. I change the settings. Play one game. Then I power cycle it. It's a new chip. I figured the chip could have been bad.

#855 5 years ago

You may not be getting the battery voltage to the RAM.

That's a good idea. I did check voltage to the d2 diode but I didnt follow it to the chip. I will check that tonight.

#856 5 years ago

You may not be getting the battery voltage to the RAM.

Yep you were right. I made a rookie mistake. When I install the battery I put the positive lead on the wrong hole so the chip wasnt getting power. Just power to the diodes. Thanks again for pointing that out.

3 months later
#907 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

When you can get part numbers let me know.
Am I also kidding myself thinking I can get a cannon body replacement? What options are out there for a damaged body?

The canon bodies are pretty rare. There is a nos one on the pinside shops for 250 pounds. I am really surprised no one hasn't 3d printed it yet with all of this talent that people have these days.

2 weeks later
#934 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

If I get enough interest I'll do a run.
Here's another photo with that same thin blue LED strip on the side.
[quoted image]

I am in for one

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone put a Color DMD led screen in their BR?
How do you deal with the USB part when the DMD mounts onto the front of the backbox door?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/15

It's on page 15

#945 5 years ago

Has anyone tried to put a color dmd LCD screen in? I have seen that the led screen fits with removing the board. I just have an extra LCD laying around and was thinking maybe

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It will cover GI lighting at top 4 inches. You could remove bulbs and try.

That's what I was thinking. It's worth a shot

6 months later
#1040 4 years ago

I seem to be having a problem with my blackrose. As I climb the jet bumper ladder it seems to skip the 4k light. I know it's not the bulb because it lights up in attract mode. Is this normal and I am just over thinking this?

5 months later
#1201 4 years ago

Anyone have the newest rom with the wpc ghosting patch already applied? I have the burning just don't see the rom.

#1206 4 years ago

They are putting the rom on ipdb.com. should be up there soon.

4 months later
#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from jheath:

Just picked up my first pin. Anyone know where this should be plugged in? It’s laying in the upper left ramp coming out of the head.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Flashers?
You can pull the playfield out a little and look behind there.

1 month later
#1377 3 years ago

Installed a colordmd the other day in my br. Is there something I can use to stop the light from the Blackbox. What have others used?
Just not sure how it will work with this design.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I used 1/2 in high x 1/2 in black sticky foam all around the display.
I put it right on the front of display facing player.
This blocks the backboard lights from shining on the colordmd.

Thanks. For that. I will look for some to buy.

1 year later
#1621 2 years ago

Looks Normal to me.

1 month later
#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

What are you going to do about the dead membrane switch? mine still works but I find it hard to use for video modes like walk the plank, so i just end up using the flippers instead. I've seen new ones for sale over seas. But I also remember seeing a pic in the gallery of this thread where someone replaced it with a micro-switch, which I would be interested in as well.

I used a normal switch. Pretty sure I seen it done on this tread.

1 week later
#1701 2 years ago

Yep i ending up doing a switch as well. Way more reliable at the fraction on the cost.

1 week later
#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_The_Jedi:

So I've been hunting around but I don't see anywhere I could buy the decals for the targets on black rose. Does anyone know where they can be bought? The ones on my machine are okay but some of them are starting to go
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ebay. Think the guy name is topnotch. Something like that

1 week later
#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_The_Jedi:

So I was replacing light bulbs thinking it would be something easy to do this evening but nothing could be further from the truth. These two likes you have to remove a whole bunch of junk to get too. Not only that when I got there the ones that were in there did not have a globe go ahead the basically break them out cuz it was nothing to hold onto. You better believe I'm going to put LED in there cuz I don't want to change this again anytime soon
[quoted image]

Piece of tubing. I got a piece from Comet when I did an order. Make changing tight bulbs much easier.

#1736 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220502-145516_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220502-145516_Chrome (resized).jpg
4 months later
#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

I just picked up a black rose- I am missing the whirlpool ramp cover- is this a hard to find part? I can't seem track one down in the usual places MARCO Etc-

Someone in this tread made a repro that had whirlpool engraved in it. Might want to look back. Probably been a couple of years though. But most likely the new plastic would be in a whole plastic set. Don't think it's sold individually.

Actually found one by Google.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/bally/black-rose.html.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
PinSound

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 34.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=Jon9508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.