• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EStroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

I do! Wow i'm an idiot. Yup, theyr're wrong!
In other news, Has anyone tried a playfield protector for this title? If so would you recommend it? Does it fit tight around the cannon circle? Help with the transition from cannon to pf to smooth it out? Any info would be great. Thanks

I just put a clear playfield protector on mine. I was still a little worried about the cannon/playfield transition, especially since the wood "tapered" a little due to wear in the usual spot. I put a metal cliffy down on top of the clear playfield to protect the edge of the clear protector. After raising the cannon a little, I'm pretty happy with the result.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Another finished!
"Black Rose Shooter Pinball Apron" (BALLY) restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Black%20Rose%20Shooter%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg
[quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary).

I don't get it. How is this any different than the ones for sale on Planetary?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

New to the club! Crazy question... has anyone ever made an alternate BR translite? Thx

I made one... let the criticism start...

IMG_9072 (resized).jpegIMG_9072 (resized).jpeg
#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from dmeca12:

Finished redoing our black rose. We made a custom shooter rod, and also added a sword covering the shooter lane that we cut from sheet metal. Made a bracket and is installed with Velcro.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well that looks frickin' awesome. Where did you get the sword handle (hilt)?

1 week later
#1297 3 years ago

New Ramp!

IMG_5164 (resized).jpgIMG_5164 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

It is not there. I have ordered this spring and the gate wire just in case the wire gate is massed up. Should get it by Friday. Also my colorDMD should arrive tomorrow or Friday. I also have a couple of connectors for the switch matrix plugs for the CPU board. The guy who replaced them did a bad job with the wrong size connectors.
I also have two lights that are not working. The flasher under the whirlpool ramp and the light for the broadside jewel. Haven't had time to trance down what's wrong with those yet. Any advice where to start for those? The flasher that is in the back box works that corresponds with the whirlpool ramp flasher.

Could be just a bulb (or two). Switch them around and see what happens.

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Not the bulb. I LEDed the whole machine. I'm at work tonight and tomorrow night. I plan on trying to trace it Friday or Saturday. I put a multimeter on it when it should jave power and there is nothing. I'm thinking a connection isn't quite right somewhere or something. Well atleast on the flasher. I'll have to check the connection for the insert light to the board. Transistor or something maybe? I had a bulb out on my Genesis and had to change a trasistor on the board.

Can't be a transistor in either case:
Flasher: If the whirlpool flasher doesn't work (flasher 21) but the corresponding flasher in the head is working, then transistor Q28 is fine
Boardside jewel Insert: If either Q93 or Q87 (broadside jewel drivers) were bad there would be other lamps that would not be working on row 5 or column 6 in the lamp matrix.

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from Hellghost:

Not sure if this is the right place but I figured I'd give it a shot.. My DMD fir Black Rose is doing this ( Pictures below) and I'm not sure if it's the actual DMD or one of the boards.. Seemed like a good time so I bought a new color DMD. I'm a bit afraid to plug it in case there's something that could cause it damage . Does anyone have any thoughts on this I would really appreciate any direction because I really don't want to ruin a ruin a $400 color display.
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image]

step 1: re-seat all the ribbon cables...

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I'm getting Slam Tilts, and tilts for no good reason.
Usually 10 to 15 seconds into a game.
Then complete reset.
Idea's??[quoted image]

Put it in switch edge test mode and make sure there are not any "phantom" switches activated. Bang on the playfield with your fist and see if any switches activate.

Also try this: start a game with the glass off and activate the switches with your finger (and don't forget the flipper buttons). One (or more) of them will probably cause your tilt. Once you figure out which one(s) cause it, you can start to figure out the solution... most likely like a bad diode.

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Where do I start with a problem of 2 balls kicking out into the shooter lane on start up.

Switch edge test.

Check the shooter lane switch and trough switches. Start with no ball in the game. Load one ball at a time and note which switches activate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EStroh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=EStroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.