By FlippinFantastic

2 years ago

Stats

• 660 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 185 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3504C088-60A6-49E9-BC80-AB9169A549FA (resized).jpeg
20170830_201708 (resized).jpg
689D66A5-42C0-48B8-933C-EC06E2739DBE (resized).jpeg
B0882266-FB6C-4E29-9180-AC0CE57FA009 (resized).jpeg
0ACA52B8-C4CE-4164-8AC8-2024A628475D (resized).jpeg
84D5F01C-A5C2-43FC-B9CA-026155E76554 (resized).jpeg
65256054-5875-41A3-8B7C-EB35814EB22E (resized).jpeg
7302BD78-9141-49F6-8E77-71D06FBB6181 (resized).jpeg
DB2E5775-1E51-44E2-9CA0-B96629D64B8A (resized).jpeg
20171105_111916 (resized).jpg
side art (resized).JPG
black rose without the glass (resized).JPG
Black Rose (resized).JPG
P1010573 (resized).jpg
A423AC8B-BF0B-4B12-AE3B-FAC61E72B6AC (resized).jpeg
5DB65304-F723-4D9D-BAE0-48C367D0A4EB (resized).jpeg

There are 660 posts in topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 11 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Having fun

Mmmmm .... sure is sparkly!

#402 11 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Having fun

Awesome family fun for the whole family. She is such an underrated pin. Everyone who visits me always goes straight for the black rose.

#403 11 months ago

How hard is it to take out the center wireform? Mine needs re-welded.

#404 11 months ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

How hard is it to take out the center wireform? Mine needs re-welded.

You'll need to take off the metal plate in the back, then its just four screws (two on slings) and it lifts out. Can be a pain accessing back there though

#405 10 months ago

Are the two bulbs inside the ship plastic (behind the straight wireform) only accessible with the head box down? And do they supposed to be flashers?

#406 10 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Are the two bulbs inside the ship plastic (behind the straight wireform) only accessible with the head box down? And do they supposed to be flashers?

Mine has two flashers mounted on the metal plate behind the back wall. Two screws on the bottom of the playfield and two on top of the wall. I can get mine off by just sliding the playfield forward somewhat and having someone hold it at an angle while I work. Never thought of lowering the head...

1 week later
#407 10 months ago

Whilst we're on lighting, anyone else think this game is too dark in the top left of the playfield, mine is just like this pic below, I've borrowed this photo from another members machine ''ITS_ME_AJ'' (earlier post in this thread), but mine is the same just dark as this. Anyone added some GI lights up there?

blackrose (resized).jpeg

#408 10 months ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

Whilst we're on lighting, anyone else think this game is too dark in the top left of the playfield, mine is just like this pic below, I've borrowed this photo from another members machine ''ITS_ME_AJ'' (earlier post in this thread), but mine is the same just dark as this. Anyone added some GI lights up there?

I agree. I even installed an extra throw light to try to brighten that area. If nothing works just add rhum. That's what I do

IMG_1507 (resized).JPG

IMG_1508 (resized).JPG

IMG_1505 (resized).JPG

IMG_1506 (resized).JPG

#409 10 months ago

New Black Rose topper looking sweet!

IMAG0309 (resized).jpg

#410 10 months ago

Really hoping PPS remakes the translight. Could really need a new one.
Hey mates, question, serious question.
If Colordmd were to make this game, How many would buy it?
I know a guy who knows a guy....
This might happen is my point. But not worth the effort if only ten are going to sell.

#411 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Only if they enhanced the graphics beyond mere colorization.

#412 10 months ago

Really hoping PPS remakes the translight. Could really need a new one.
Hey mates, question, serious question.
I know a guy who knows a guy....
This might happen is my point. But not worth the effort if only ten are going to sell.

I'd definitely buy it.

#413 10 months ago

Does anyone have a red fire button for sale or the yellow fire decal?

#414 10 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have a red fire button for sale or the yellow fire decal?

Marcos sell the fire button for a few bucks - I bought one recently.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1567-5

#415 10 months ago

Anybody have a playfield for sale? I bought a junker but it's too good a game to part out.

#416 10 months ago
Quoted from shaneo:

Anybody have a playfield for sale? I bought a junker but it's too good a game to part out.

Can't help, but hope you can save it from being parted.

#417 10 months ago

Thanks pocketscience! I just picked up the button and switch. Now I need to find the decal. I see it's sold with the apron set. Does anyone need the other decals on the apron?

1 week later
#418 9 months ago

Mark at Freeplay40 might make the whirlpool ramp in the extra strong PETG plastic.
We as owners of the game just need to express enough interest for a run. Usually to make it worth his while he needs 20.

#419 9 months ago

Mark at Freeplay40 might make the whirlpool ramp in the extra strong PETG plastic.
We as owners of the game just need to express enough interest for a run. Usually to make it worth his while he needs 20.

Any idea what they'd cost? Mine works fine but it's not very clear anymore...

#420 9 months ago

I've gotten 4 ramps from Freeplay40 now. The average has been about $100 shipped. My best comparison to date is the center Hurricane ramp, which was $115, bit this BR ramp is about 25% smaller. I'm just guessing here.

#422 9 months ago

Added a little extra GI lamp up in the top right corner that I thought was a bit dark, quite happy with the results actually. The clear ramp spreads the light around the area nicely. Used the connector on the bottom of the GI lamp that is already on that side by the top loop.

IMAG0522 (resized).jpg

IMAG0525 (resized).jpg

#423 9 months ago

Sorry, correction, it's the top left corner in the post above of course!

#424 9 months ago

Morning bump for whirlpool ramp.
Mark is considering making it if there is enough interest.. Say 20 guys. About six have expressed interest. Need more pirates.

#425 9 months ago

Mark is considering making it if there is enough interest.. Say 20 guys. About six have expressed interest. Need more pirates.

Don't really need one, but will happily put my hand up for one to get it over the line.

#426 9 months ago

I posted over there. Mine is good but I'm a sucker for extra parts

#427 9 months ago

I would pick up a new whirlpool ramp! Mine is in ok shape, but I'm going to clean up the machine in the coming months and a fresh ramp would look nice!

#428 9 months ago

I'd be up for a new ramp as well, just bought the game and the whirlpool ramp works, but is held together with a combo of screws and zipties.

#429 9 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I'd be up for a new ramp as well,

Quoted from jrockne:

I would pick up a new whirlpool ramp!

It's important that you both, and whoever else wants one goes to the Freeplay40 ramps thread and tell Mark. He writes down your name on a list. When we get 20, he makes the ramp.
Average price has been about 70-100 for this size.
I've purchased 4 ramps now for different games, best quality you will ever see in a ramp.
My Hurricane center ramp is bulletproof now.

#430 9 months ago

I've only played BR a few times in real life but a lot on Pinball Arcade. I've been looking to join the club but no luck so far, I do wonder why there's no auto-launch in this game (multi-ball, ball save, etc.) though, does anyone know why they left it out?

#431 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've only played BR a few times in real life but a lot on Pinball Arcade. I've been looking to join the club but no luck so far, I do wonder why there's no auto-launch in this game (multi-ball, ball save, etc.) though, does anyone know why they left it out?

Most games back then didn't have it. I don't think there was a combined auto launch + manual plunger mechanism yet, so I assume Trudeau just preferred having a skillshot / etc

#432 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I do wonder why there's no auto-launch in this game (multi-ball, ball save, etc.) though, does anyone know why they left it out?

Good trivia...
I do know like Zacaj said above, they weren't invented yet. Many firsts on this pin, the cannon assembly center field was very innovative. Video mode, this was the first pin.
I believe auto launch came out a year after BR with teenage mutant turtles.

#433 9 months ago

Good trivia...
I do know like Zacaj said above, they weren't invented yet. Many firsts on this pin, the cannon assembly center field was very innovative. Video mode, this was the first pin.
I believe auto launch came out a year after BR with teenage mutant turtles.

T2 had a video mode and auto launch (but no manual launch unless you mean TMNT had manual and auto)

#434 9 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

T2 had a video mode and auto launch (but no manual launch unless you mean TMNT had manual and auto)

Does TNMT have an Autoplunger? I ask because it's not listed in the features on IPDB. I guess it really wasn't invented, or at least implemented, on any games by the time BR was released as I thought it had. T2, STTNG, FT and probably some others had an autolaunch but no manual plunger in conjunction with it. 1993 TZ had dual plunger/autolaunch assemblies so that must have been the first WMS game that included it. I'm not good at remembering trivia like this but I do find it interesting.

#435 9 months ago

It appears Turtles was first pin with the plunger and auto launcher combined. Horrible mechanism. Mine was always breaking and was the weak link on this pin. Thankfully stern improved design and they work flawless now. When mine was breaking all the time the solution was to install new modern assembly from stern.

#436 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does TNMT have an Autoplunger? I ask because it's not listed in the features on IPDB. I guess it really wasn't invented, or at least implemented, on any games by the time BR was released as I thought it had. T2, STTNG, FT and probably some others had an autolaunch but no manual plunger in conjunction with it. 1993 TZ had dual plunger/autolaunch assemblies so that must have been the first WMS game that included it. I'm not good at remembering trivia like this but I do find it interesting.

There was a thread about auto-plunge history a while ago, DE definitely had the combined mech first. Congo may have been the first bally Williams?

It appears Turtles was first pin with the plunger and auto launcher combined. Horrible mechanism. Mine was always breaking and was the weak link on this pin. Thankfully stern improved design and they work flawless now. When mine was breaking all the time the solution was to install new modern assembly from stern.

Heh, I've been having tons of pain with the Stern ones, so the data east must have been amazingly bad

#437 9 months ago

Looking for some help here. New issue just popped up on my BR. It resets back to factory settings (no time or date, no free play, volume on 11, high score still remain though) every time i turn it back on. The batteries were already swapped for Lithium and there is no visible corrosion. Any ideas???

#438 9 months ago
Quoted from PinNewb:

Any ideas???

Your high score remains?
Have you had any display/dmd issue's at the same time as resets?

#439 9 months ago

Your high score remains?
Have you had any display/dmd issue's at the same time as resets?

none

#440 9 months ago

Have you checked for voltage at the RAM when the machine is off?

#441 9 months ago

It's important that you both, and whoever else wants one goes to the Freeplay40 ramps thread and tell Mark. He writes down your name on a list. When we get 20, he makes the ramp.
Average price has been about 70-100 for this size.
I've purchased 4 ramps now for different games, best quality you will ever see in a ramp.
My Hurricane center ramp is bulletproof now.

Sent my request for the whirlpool ramp on his forum. Here is to hoping for the best!

#442 9 months ago

I sent my request too! Although, I had already posted a year ago, asking him to consider it...
Here's hoping they get made!

#443 9 months ago

Good work gang. I'll check this and Freeplay40 thread and get a count.

#444 9 months ago

Today I fixed my fire button. The ribbon on the original membrane switch was damaged where it goes against the playfield. It turned out to be an easy fix. Cut the plug off the ribbon in the machine on the little board with the diodes. Open one side of the plastic case of the connector and solder two wires on to pins 3 and 5 counting from the coin door side.(see pic). Run the two wires to a leaf switch and hot glue it under the lock down bar. I had to trim about 3mm off the bottom of the fire button post to get room for the switch. The glass also has to slide over the swich, so you have to be careful its not too high! Works great.

IMAG0541 (resized).jpg
IMAG0539 (resized).jpg
IMAG0540 (resized).jpg

#445 9 months ago

I'll have to try that. I bought a new membrane switch, it didn't last long at all. I have been thinking about solutions, but mine were becoming very involved and complicated. This looks pretty simple, fast, and easy. Thanks

#446 9 months ago

When my membrane switch broke I just moved another one under the button and moved the wire in the connector to compensate

#447 9 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

When my membrane switch broke I just moved another one under the button and moved the wire in the connector to compensate

I couldn't do that in this case as the ribbon was damaged all the way across where the playfield had been leaning on it. The membrane button actually still works, I tested it with a meter on the tracks next to it. The membrane design is a bit rubbish and bound to regularly fail, and probably expensive for Bally to make. It'll never need attention again now.

#448 9 months ago

Any updates on the cannon wire-form ramp?

#449 9 months ago

Good work gang. I'll check this and Freeplay40 thread and get a count.

I'd be in on a Whirlpool ramp but I really need a Left plastic ramp mines is broken at the entrance. I posted over on Freeplay40 ramp page that I'm in on those BR ramps .

Also if anyone has a left ramp they would sell I would love to buy it. I have my BR stripped down now giving it a good cleaning and wax, new rings and waiting for LED's from Comet and a couple parts form Marco should be all done this weekend. I LOVE my BR but my poor left ramp is held together with clear tape right now but has pieces missing also at the entrance.

#450 9 months ago

I've being playing my blackrose pretty hard and fast so I thought I might make an illuminated palm tree to rest under when I visit pirates cove.

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hagerstown, MD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 380.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 109.99
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
There are 660 posts in topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside