• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 38.
#351 7 years ago

Nice toppers so far! I know there has to be more pics put there. Building mine now. I went with a model ship company in Florida. Sadly I will be carving into it and adding flashers and led for windows. Going with color changing led strip at 15 inches long. This way I always have options for lighting it up.

#352 7 years ago

Color DMD....we have a very strong chance of this being colored now. With the release of the LED panel and Circus Voltaire being colored, with enough support and interest, this can happen. I know I'm not the only one that would be willing to get this.
We need more support on the Color DMD threads. Go to the active Color DMD plans for 2016 thread and shout out your desire for Black Rose!
"Come on boy's, let's hit it broadside"

3 weeks later
#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

When I hit a fast Whirlpool shot the ball drops off the wire ramp after the tight bend on the exit of the whirlpool? Any ideas what is wrong? What needs to be adjusted?

I'm still getting balls drop off the return ramp after the whirlpool, any ideas what could be wrong?

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

I'm still getting balls drop off the return ramp after the whirlpool, any ideas what could be wrong?

Mine did this for a while, I took the ramp off and twisted it till the ball did not fly off anymore. It took more than I would have thought, mainly the transition from the first curve to the two rails that cross the playfield. Sorry, hard to describe.

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Color DMD....we have a very strong chance of this being colored now. With the release of the LED panel and Circus Voltaire being colored, with enough support and interest, this can happen. I know I'm not the only one that would be willing to get this.
We need more support on the Color DMD threads. Go to the active Color DMD plans for 2016 thread and shout out your desire for Black Rose!
"Come on boy's, let's hit it broadside"

I think Black Roses' dots are very basic (sometimes borderline atrocious if you ask me) and don't hold up to to the standard of any other WMS pinball of that era IMHO.
That being said, I wouldn't even think about forking over the dough for a Color DMD unless they find a way to upgrade the art in some way. Colorizing alone won't do it for me.

1 week later
#356 7 years ago

hello everybody, i've just bought my own black rose does somebody have scan for the inserts ? i need the cross on the right bottom and cant find it anywhere . thanks alot !

1 week later
#357 7 years ago

I recently boarded the ship and picked up a Black Rose...

I got some play in, and am loving it so far... For someone relatively new to pinball like me, it helps me work on aim an shot control.

Earlier today, a credit dot popped up telling me to check out switch 64 (lock 2) in the multiball lock lane... I did some poking around and it looks like the switch wire may be broken. Would someone mind checking their playfield and let me know if there are 1 or two wires coming up from the slot? its seems a little strange to me that 2 wires would come up through a single slot, but when I look at the playfield underneath there are clearly 2 switches and the one closer up definitely terminates below the playfield (which ais why I think it's broken). I've scoured images online, but none show the right angle for me to tell what is going on in there...

Looking forward to hoisting the masts again soon!

Tim

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from Tykov:

Congrats Matty! Welcome aboard.
If you don't mind waiting till Monday when I have chance, I'll snap some pics and post here for you.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from Tykov:

I recently boarded the ship and picked up a Black Rose...
I got some play in, and am loving it so far... For someone relatively new to pinball like me, it helps me work on aim an shot control.
Earlier today, a credit dot popped up telling me to check out switch 64 (lock 2) in the multiball lock lane... I did some poking around and it looks like the switch wire may be broken. Would someone mind checking their playfield and let me know if there are 1 or two wires coming up from the slot? its seems a little strange to me that 2 wires would come up through a single slot, but when I look at the playfield underneath there are clearly 2 switches and the one closer up definitely terminates below the playfield (which ais why I think it's broken). I've scoured images online, but none show the right angle for me to tell what is going on in there...
Tim

Yep, two wires and the kicker all in the same slot. Mine was broken off too when I got it.

#360 7 years ago

Took some pictures for member Tykov of the lock switches and kicker....
In doing so, looks like my lock one is to close to kicker, and second switch doesn't line up strait.
What do the rest of you think for both of us?
Hard to get good photo , didn't have time to take plastic off.

IMAG3541 (resized).jpgIMAG3541 (resized).jpg

IMAG3537 (resized).jpgIMAG3537 (resized).jpg

IMAG3529 (resized).jpgIMAG3529 (resized).jpg

#361 7 years ago

Thank you zacaj & ericpinballfan for the follow up info/pics...

It confirms my switch 64 is broken off beneath the play field.

Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon!

#362 7 years ago

BLACK ROSE (BALLY) BACK TROUGH
#A-14825
Bally BLACK ROSE back panel trough assembly behind ship.
Reference:
A-14825 trough assembly
Weight: 4.75 oz

Anyone have an extra one of these lying around they don't want?

#363 7 years ago

BLACK ROSE (BALLY) BACK TROUGH
#A-14825
Bally BLACK ROSE back panel trough assembly behind ship.
Reference:
A-14825 trough assembly
Weight: 4.75 oz
Anyone have an extra one of these lying around they don't want?

You already try the guy who was parting out a playfield a few pages back?

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You already try the guy who was parting out a playfield a few pages back?

I did when he started posting. I tried to grab a bunch of his parts.

#365 7 years ago

hello, just received my black rose. everything is fine exept the yellow insert on the right. i need to replace it and put a new decal on it. would anybody know where to get a decal / picture of the yellow "cross" ? thanks alot !

1 week later
#366 7 years ago

Dose anybody know what fuse F-108 controls. Mine seems to keep blowing?

#368 7 years ago

The fuse blows when the game is turned on????

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

The fuse blows when the game is turned on????

You've probably got some other metal piece touching your #5 GI line

#370 7 years ago

Thanks, I'll start looking. Is a schematic available?

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

Thanks, I'll start looking. Is a schematic available?

The only schematics are in http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/313/Bally_1992_Black_Rose_Manual.pdf (page 111), but it's not going to help you much with finding the short.

F108 is the #3 GI string, which the manual notes has a 'yellow' wire color (although it might really be white with yellow stripes judging from dr_nybble's chart. The manual just describes it as the 'bottom playfield' GI string. It could also be a board issue, so try unplugging J-120 first and see if the fuse still blows. Otherwise, just fine some GI with the yellow wire, and start examining it everywhere you can find it. (I'm not aware of a diagram of the GI locations) If you can't find the short, you may have to resort to cutting the wire in various places to narrow it down, which sucks.

#372 7 years ago

Went out and stocked up on fuses....glad it's not the driver board. Time to dig in. Thanks for everybodies help.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

Went out and stocked up on fuses....glad it's not the driver board. Time to dig in. Thanks for everybodies help.

Depending on the fuse rating you may be able to buy a resetable circuit breaker and wire it in. Search around on pinside for 'fuse breaker'

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

hello, just received my black rose. everything is fine exept the yellow insert on the right. i need to replace it and put a new decal on it. would anybody know where to get a decal / picture of the yellow "cross" ? thanks alot !

Do you still need this? Let me know, I can scan it this weekend if so.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Do you still need this? Let me know, I can scan it this weekend if so.

yes please

#377 7 years ago

Turns out I needed to reflow the solder on J-119,120 and 121. All lights are working again

#378 7 years ago

These are the best I could get. There is one scan there but I can't get the entire insert because it is too close to stuff on the playfield that blocks the scanner. If anyone has a bare playfield they could do better. I took some photos as well so hopefully in combination you can create the artwork to reproduce the decal to your satisfaction. Work off the image called "Scan" as it will be the correct size.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B04GY8gBYGoY7ys

#379 7 years ago

Little tidbit I just found and wanted to share, about how much I appreciate the code in Black Rose. I always like to light the lock before doing my second Cannon shot so I can stack the video mode and the mb start. Nothing special. But I happened to have lock lit when I loaded the cannon for my sixth (?) shot, which is instant multiball. "what happens if you stack a multiball onto a multiball?", I wondered. So I shot my instant multiball shot into the start multiball shot, and got a two ball multiball, like I'd expect. But I quickly noticed this wasn't normal multiball, it was running on the three ball multiball rules! (all ramps lit) nice touch. Plus, after you leave that multiball, it still leads the lock lit for another regular 2 ball after. So I know what I'm doing whenever I'm lucky enough to get that deep on the cannon...

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

These are the best I could get. There is one scan there but I can't get the entire insert because it is too close to stuff on the playfield that blocks the scanner. If anyone has a bare playfield they could do better. I took some photos as well so hopefully in combination you can create the artwork to reproduce the decal to your satisfaction. Work off the image called "Scan" as it will be the correct size.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B04GY8gBYGoY7ys

thanks alot ! any advice to make my own decals ?

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

thanks alot ! any advice to make my own decals ?

Use gimp/photoshop if you like working with bitmaps. I prefer to use Inkscape and vectorize.

Lots of threads on how to use clear water slide decals, you'll need a laser printer.

Alternatively you can use a vinyl cutter and cut a paint mask and airbrush it.

#382 7 years ago

Hey Guy's, New to the hobby... been an arcade guy for years, and moving over to pins. That being said..I have know idea where to begin when looking for parts.Other then google! I just got a BR this past weekend from another member and the machine is perfect. except for i'm trying to find a NOS or more likely repro davy jones locker decal for the ramp. I would appreciate any help you could offer....ty

1 week later
#383 7 years ago

I have had my Black Rose for about 8 years and just joined pindise the other day. Just started pulling plastics and cleaning as well as relamping with leds, replacing posts and flipper rebuilds. Glad that pinside is here and all the good postings about this game and others.

#384 7 years ago

Have just put a deposit on a BR and will hopefully take delivery in a few weeks time. It's far from perfect, but a tough game to find down here. I can't wait to see the face on my 9yo pinhead son when he sees it!

#385 7 years ago

Thanks dr_nybble.

#386 7 years ago

So my whirlpool has no whirlpool sticker. The original flyer shows no sticker and the database shows mine is the 2nd earliest entered. How many owners have no sticker?

IMG_1408 (resized).PNGIMG_1408 (resized).PNG

IMG_1407 (resized).JPGIMG_1407 (resized).JPG

IMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1409 (resized).JPG

IMG_1410 (resized).PNGIMG_1410 (resized).PNG

#387 7 years ago

Can't see my serial number right now but no sticker on mine either.

#388 7 years ago

Ser# 960971 has the stickers

#389 7 years ago

i have the stickers on mine.

2 weeks later
#390 7 years ago

I picked up a Black Rose this week and am looking for some guidance on adjusting the whirlpool wire form to keep the ball from flying off the wire form. I have adjusted it quite a few ways and just can't seem to keep the ball on there. I read the thread here and it seems others have had the same issue but no one can say exactly what they did to fix it.

Thanks..

#391 7 years ago

Does anyone have a spare "straight down the middle" wire form for Black Rose? Mine is pretty hacked and welded with a cloths hanger. would be great to find any sort of used one. thanks! [email protected]

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Does anyone have a spare "

The wire forms(ramps) both are slated to be made in New Year! One of many titles we are doing. Will be posting multiple threads in Jan for pre-order and market adds.
These will be in 3 colors. Gun metal blue, powder coated black, and chrome.
I can start the list now for those interested.
If you can wait a little while and a little patience should be done by April. Black Rose is the fourth title up, so it's a ways off.
This project has been months and months in the works. Will update in a month.
I'd like comments and suggestions on colors for those truly interested.

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

whirlpool wire form to keep the ball from flying off the wire form.

I wonder what your playfield angle is at with glass off? If your not steep enough and game is a little flat because of leg levelers that could happen.
Or you could buy new in the spring. See above.
Let us know.

#394 7 years ago

Well I for one need the center wire form. Mine was re-welded by a blind monkey with carpal tunnel. Chrome would be my flavor of choice

#395 7 years ago

It is currently set to 6.5°, I bent the wireform in a bit at the top where the ball exits the curve. Still have one fly off every once in a while but it is much better than before.

What angle are you set up at on your PF?

I wonder what your playfield angle is at with glass off? If your not steep enough and game is a little flat because of leg levelers that could happen.
Or you could buy new in the spring. See above.
Let us know.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

It is currently set to 6.5°, I bent the wireform in a bit at the top where the ball exits the curve. Still have one fly off every once in a while but it is much better than before.
What angle are you set up at on your PF?

I've got mine at 7.8 without problems. Never had any at 6.5 either though

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've got mine at 7.8 without problems. Never had any at 6.5 either though

I will try to bump it back up a bit, I normally set them at around 7-7.2 but I lowered this one thinking it would help with the ramp.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Well I for one need the center wire form. Mine was re-welded by a blind monkey with carpal tunnel. Chrome would be my flavor of choice

Mine too, I'm in for one.

#399 7 years ago

The wire forms(ramps) both are slated to be made in New Year! One of many titles we are doing. Will be posting multiple threads in Jan for pre-order and market adds.
These will be in 3 colors. Gun metal blue, powder coated black, and chrome.
I can start the list now for those interested.
If you can wait a little while and a little patience should be done by April. Black Rose is the fourth title up, so it's a ways off.
This project has been months and months in the works. Will update in a month.
I'd like comments and suggestions on colors for those truly interested.

Wow! My BR arrived on Saturday and the "straight down the middle" wire-form is held together at the bottom with a zip tie, which forces the ball off to the left instead of the right. I would definitely buy a replacement. Will you make the wire forms available individually? The rest of mine are OK, but out of interest do you have pics of what the black and blue look like?

#400 7 years ago

Having fun

IMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPG

IMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 34.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/8?hl=scurvydave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.