Topic Stats

• 1,190 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by bigehrl
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 346 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

197F6C1E-4A77-4DB3-848D-E27C0A2D3900 (resized).jpeg
DSC04733 (resized).JPG
switch (resized).JPG
20200111_163732 (resized).jpg
20200111_163746 (resized).jpg
20200111_163041 (resized).jpg
20200111_163053 (resized).jpg
20200111_163059 (resized).jpg
5D164966-0062-4482-B8E6-DBE9393740A1 (resized).jpeg
AABC9905-6B8D-47E7-9218-8BDCF4E9D9D7 (resized).jpeg
E80735FE-C124-4911-A662-133D12CB2350 (resized).jpeg
86B9E599-2061-4C64-8E2E-D19D17A4ACFD (resized).jpeg
63DCB72B-4C24-4561-8226-06681A3C7006 (resized).jpeg
F75AD832-1D79-485E-B145-D3D6E60FE261 (resized).jpeg
650B70E8-EB04-42E7-A55B-9704498DF74A (resized).jpeg
IMG_1592 (resized).JPG

There are 1190 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from OneZero81:

Does anyone know if I can drop in LED flashers (plug and play) or does BR have a warm circuit for flashers?

Plug & Play.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenman74:

Ahoy,
Avast you scurry sea dogs. I just bought my first pinball machine lastnight. I was very fortunate to find a Black Rose, actually signed by John Trudeau! Huzzah!
I am looking forward to reading all of the clubs posts (when I am not trying to launch another broadside).
May the wind be forever in your sails.

FB_IMG_1451533352168_(resized).jpg

Cool...congrats! Welcome to the clubs (both the Black Rose club and the pinball club).

--Luke

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from OneZero81:

Does anyone know if I can drop in LED flashers (plug and play) or does BR have a warm circuit for flashers?

My BR came with a few led flashers. They work just fine. I use them for beneath the cannon and for the broadside cannon.

1 week later
#204 4 years ago

Ahoy, ye scurvy sea dogs. Requesting yer permission to come aboard. I have recently came across some pirate treasure. A Black Rose in beautiful condition. May I hoist my pennant along the side of yous?

20160101_145528_(resized).jpg

#205 4 years ago

All in all I love the Black Rose. Yet, if I could change one thing. It would have to be to have a 10 second ball save during multiball. 90+% of my multiball result in an IMMEDIATE drain.

#206 4 years ago

Yeah, Black Rose Multiball, 5 seconds of awesomeness! Glad you're enjoying your machine.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenman74:

Ahoy, ye scurvy sea dogs. Requesting yer permission to come aboard. I have recently came across some pirate treasure. A Black Rose in beautiful condition. May I hoist my pennant along the side of yous?
20160101_145528_(resized).jpg

I did create a Black Rose pinball Facebook group, in case if any of you are interested in reaching out to more people.
https://m.facebook.com/blackrosepinball/

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Yeah, Black Rose Multiball, 5 seconds of awesomeness! Glad you're enjoying your machine.

FIVE WHOLE SECONDS!?!?
What is your secret. LOL

#209 3 years ago

Welcome greenman.

Quoted from Greenman74:

FIVE WHOLE SECONDS!?!?
What is your secret. LOL

Glad I'm not alone with the three second multiball ^^.

#210 3 years ago

Hi everyone, got black rose 2 weeks ago and can't stop playing it. My pin is set on one player mode, how do I change to 4 player?

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

Hi everyone, got black rose 2 weeks ago and can't stop playing it. My pin is set on one player mode, how do I change to 4 player?

Do you have it set on free play? To add more players, just push the start button extra times before the game starts. Every time you push the start button it adds another player to the game.

--Luke

#212 3 years ago

Works great now thanks. My black rose has figurines just above the play field on either side. A captain,first mate,treasure chest and a cannon. Why don't I see these on other machines. Just wondering thanks.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

Works great now thanks. My black rose has figurines just above the play field on either side. A captain,first mate,treasure chest and a cannon. Why don't I see these on other machines. Just wondering thanks.

They could be aftermarket mods that someone installed. Pictures?

--Luke

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Sometimes. Recently mine I have been spelling ship 2-3 times. I cradle a ball on the left flipper and then just keep looping davy jones after firing a ball up the left ramp. The tougher part has been loading the cannon and hitting a broadside to sink a ship. Record is still only 4.

On 3 ball stock settings.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Greenman74:

I did create a Black Rose pinball Facebook group, in case if any of you are interested in reaching out to more people.
https://m.facebook.com/blackrosepinball/

use this if you're on a computer
https://www.facebook.com/blackrosepinball/

#216 3 years ago

Here are some pics. I also have a cannon and a skull and crossbones to re-attach.

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpeg

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

Here are some pics. I also have a cannon and a skull and crossbones to re-attach.

Those are definitely aftermarket mods. As is the shooter rod.

--Luke

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpeg

THEY ARE AWESOME! I am jealous.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Scurvydave:

I'm not much for aftermarket figurines, but these look pretty darn good - and the scale is just right. Would love to pick up a set for my BR.

#221 3 years ago

Thanks for the link.

#222 3 years ago

For any "visitors" on this thread, my Black Rose is for sale. It's listed in the marketplace. Will be sad to see it go but I have to make room for a new pin coming in. Makes me want to walk the plank.

#223 3 years ago

A quick tech tip for Black Rose!

If you find that your broadside ball popper is repeatedly firing there is something wrong with the switch getting stuck closed.

On my machine, the metal pin that secures the ball catcher at the top of the plunger gradually works its way out. Once it juts out a few millimeters it can jam on the switch causing it to get stuck down.

Just push the pin back in and you are good to go.

#224 3 years ago

Ahoy maties! Permission to come aboard. Just brought home my Black Rose. It's my second pin ever and only one I have as I only have room for one. Wasn't even on my radar until recently. One came up for sale and I fell in love with the theme and game. Something about it struck me. Fits my style. I look forward to taking in the advice from the group. Once I get it setup and cleaned up I'll post some pics.

#225 3 years ago

Could someone help me out. The rightside outlane,return and slingshot stopped working as well as the torch targets and cannon fire, I have continuity between the 5 pin diode switch just inside the door to the J-206-3 harness.the switch matrix page shows U-20-16 in column 3 ??? What is my next step.....thanks Dave.

#226 3 years ago

What does switch test mode look like? Were you doing anything like changing lights with the power on?
Consult pinwiki for guidance on switch matrix issues.

#227 3 years ago

All the items show " open" and will not show "closed" in test. All light were upgraded to LED a month ago....so what could happen if I changed a bulb with the power on?

#228 3 years ago

You might accidentally cause a short and fry a chip that is part of the switch matrix circuitry...I managed to do that, although I think I did it while levelling the cannon.

Consult pinwiki to determine if the problem is on the playfield or MPU board.

#229 3 years ago

Thanks. I think my problem is with " ULN2803" chip but, I could be wrong !!! I'll keep digging.

#230 3 years ago

That is what I had to replace. Using a logic probe can verify. You'll want to socket the replacement.

#231 3 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with a ball getting stuck in Davey Jones Locker and not rolling into the cannon? Sometimes all it takes is a little nudge to free it but other times I have to lift the playfield up. I've cleaned the plastic trough and the metal bracket where it drops onto.

#232 3 years ago

I've ordered the led kit from cointakers. The basic one, not super. This is my first led upgrade. Is there anything special I should know ahead of time to be careful of? Or is it just power down, swap them out, power up?

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

Has anyone had a problem with a ball getting stuck in Davey Jones Locker and not rolling into the cannon? Sometimes all it takes is a little nudge to free it but other times I have to lift the playfield up. I've cleaned the plastic trough and the metal bracket where it drops onto.

I have never had this problem. If you can take a picture of where the ball gets hung up on yours I can compare to mine to see if there are any obvious differences.

#234 3 years ago

Where can I find a good logic probe. In Ontario would be nice. Thanks.

#235 3 years ago

I've got one like this:
http://www.active123.com/LP610-Logic-Probe-Prodview.html

Most any electronics store should carry them.

Although I might be inclined to buy a pocket oscilloscope instead like this:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/DSO-Nano-v3-p-1358.html?cPath=63_65

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

I've had this problem. It was actually getting stuck on one of the two switches placed under the playfield in the subway to the cannon. Try adjusting those out a bit.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I've ordered the led kit from cointakers. The basic one, not super. This is my first led upgrade. Is there anything special I should know ahead of time to be careful of? Or is it just power down, swap them out, power up?

Ensure hard to get to one's are working before you go and piece things back together. Sometimes they don't make proper contact and take some messing with to make a good connection. There's nothing more annoying than putting some part of the playfield back together just to realize you have to do it again. Although, mostly everything can be changed from below the playfield.

1 week later
#238 3 years ago

In Va and anyone with a BR for sale please contact me.
Thanks

Steven

1 week later
#239 3 years ago

Nvm, picking one up this week. Super excited and gonna wear it out. Any tips on gameplay for a noob to the machine?

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from StevenW123:

Nvm, picking one up this week. Super excited and gonna wear it out. Any tips on gameplay for a noob to the machine?

Practice your skill shot, video modes, and accuracy with the cannon. It is a fun pin. Congratulations and Enjoy!

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from StevenW123:

For points, when you hear "Shoot for Broadside", do just that. You get a million for the first shot in there, 2 million for the second, 4,8,16 and 32 and stays 32 after that. Hit it until the timer runs out. When the ball is fired back at you, it sets up for the right flipper to fire it back in. Get the timing down. The other night I hit 7 shots, 95 million in 30 seconds. Sucked the rest of the game but that run was satisfying. I also like to go for 2 and 3 ball multiball and try to hit the ramps to spell Sink Ship as many times as I can and load up the cannon to sink them. Another satisfying moment when you sink a ship plus the agony when you think you got it and it pops out and you have to reload. It's a really fun game. I still need to learn all the little things though.

#242 3 years ago

I'm working on a Black Rose playfield restore ... it's a bit lengthy and targeted more for general playfield repair than just Black Rose-specific, so it's in another thread. Anyone care to take a look it's here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-clays-clearcoat-brush-method

#243 3 years ago

Permission to Come Aboard! FINALLY picked it up and loving it. Thanks for the advice.

20160312_175324_(resized).jpg

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from StevenW123:

Permission to Come Aboard! FINALLY picked it up and loving it. Thanks for the advice.

20160312_175324_(resized).jpg

Enjoy!

1 week later
#245 3 years ago

Just brought her home today, first pin too! Glad to be part of the club

IMG_20160323_234514_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160323_234504_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160323_234434_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160323_234426_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#246 3 years ago

In case anyone here didn't see my other thread on a BR playfield clear coating ... here's the finished product. Not perfect, but I fixed the major issues I had. Time to rebuild it now...

1_(resized).jpg
3_(resized).jpg
2_(resized).jpg
4_(resized).jpg
5_(resized).jpg

#247 3 years ago

Incidentally, I could use a few well lit hi-rez pictures of the bottom of the playfield. I took a ton of photos, but they're all close ups. If anyone could share 1 or a few wider shots I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Brian

#248 3 years ago

Wow pinster, that looks amazing. Care to come over and help me make mine look like that! I can get some pictures for you. PM me your email address.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

Wow pinster, that looks amazing. Care to come over and help me make mine look like that! I can get some pictures for you. PM me your email address.

I'd be happy to neighbor. Always always happy to help. Always brings beer!

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I'd be happy to neighbor. Always always happy to help. Always brings beer!

I will send you mine and buy a keg!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1190 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside