• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 38.
#1751 1 year ago

I am curious if anyone's done a pinsound mostly with music from the attraction rather than the film? Just got my machine running and I think pinsound is going to be the next thing for it. I would love to hear samples of what people got going.

#1752 1 year ago

My apologies if this has been posted in the thread already I didn't see it. Having a little trouble cuz the ball seems to rest between a gap on the cannon shooter in the playfield. Is there a quick fix for this nothing appears to be broken I think it just looks like there's a gap. It's really just on the bottom third of the shooter area as you can see in the pictures

20220702_104527 (resized).jpg20220702_104527 (resized).jpg20220702_104538_03 (resized).jpg20220702_104538_03 (resized).jpg
#1753 1 year ago

You will need to adjust the cannon from underneath the play field. There are only 3 adjustment points so it can be a little bit tricky to get it right.

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

You will need to adjust the cannon from underneath the play field. There are only 3 adjustment points so it can be a little bit tricky to get it right.

Thank you I will do that and Fiddle with it until I get it right. I just got the manual so I'll look at that as well

#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

So I didn't see anything in my manual or the schematics that really talks about it I assume it's these three bolts in the picture. But I just wanted to check with the group just in case with my luck. I got my machine 100% working otherwise time to put in Frank's battery button and a few things

20220702_151349 (resized).jpg20220702_151349 (resized).jpg
#1756 1 year ago

Yes! those are the adjustment bolts/screws

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_The_Jedi:

So I didn't see anything in my manual or the schematics that really talks about it

Page 1-39 shows adjustment/maintenance of the cannon assembly and agree, it's a tricky one to get spot on, more of the best compromise rather than perfection.

1 week later
#1758 1 year ago

Thinking about pinsound for my machine. I'm pretty much sold on the sound and maybe a new speaker and stuff but does anyone have the Shaker motor? Makes me nervous on older games to do that but it might be need on the broadside? What does everyone think if anyone's done it before?

#1759 1 year ago

a shaker would be fun on this game. curious to hear if anyone has integrated one.

#1760 1 year ago

Yeah that's what I was hoping as I'm saving my pennies to get a pen sound I'm definitely going to get the sound stuff and of course a new speaker. I guess it's a matter of preference but I'm curious I'd like to see it. And what they would integrate it into. Assuming the broadside hit would be the most likely candidate. If anyone out there has done this yet it would really help some of us to probably make a decision one way or the other. I hate to buy all the other pieces and then just to turn around and order the Shaker motor later

Quoted from Bax1:

a shaker would be fun on this game. curious to hear if anyone has integrated one.

Quoted from Bax1:

#1761 1 year ago

When I get around to mine I was going to install this https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control-shaker/

1 month later
#1762 1 year ago

Where do I get the “whirlpool” ramp sticker? My game does not have it and…I want it haha

5071CAD4-9401-4465-9380-6D5DBCE93F6C (resized).jpeg5071CAD4-9401-4465-9380-6D5DBCE93F6C (resized).jpeg
#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where do I get the “whirlpool” ramp sticker? My game does not have it and…I want it haha
[quoted image]

Technically, that is a "plastic" which is part of the complete set, as shown on the Planetary Pinball website...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1650-COMP

Unfortunately, out of stock.

#1764 1 year ago

Dang .

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Technically, that is a "plastic" which is part of the complete set, as shown on the Planetary Pinball website...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1650-COMP
Unfortunately, out of stock.

#1765 1 year ago

Got a bit of a weird issue going on with the LEDS in the pop bumpers, they were fine and now all 3 are dim. No other LEDS on the machine are doing this, all the GI, controlled lamps and flashers are all good, it's just the 3 pop bumper lights. Anyone had this happen before with this machine??

#1766 1 year ago

Got it sorted, couple of dodgy solder joints on the header pins of J121

#1767 1 year ago

Who can send me a high res photo of this so I can get decals printed?

[email protected]

If you’re so inclined

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

37A178FF-4BBC-42E8-9C31-8B6EA8501711 (resized).jpeg37A178FF-4BBC-42E8-9C31-8B6EA8501711 (resized).jpeg
#1768 1 year ago

The truth about the lightning flippers on this game.

It came with them in Europe. In the USA it came with normal flippers. both exist in black flipper form and were made for this game.

If you have a European manual, it will say lightning flippers. otherwise it will say normal.

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from _Zaphod77_:

The truth about the lightning flippers on this game.
It came with them in Europe. In the USA it came with normal flippers. both exist in black flipper form and were made for this game.
If you have a European manual, it will say lightning flippers. otherwise it will say normal.

You are correct on this information.
It also applies to Fish Tales and BSD.
The European importers wanted the games harder with smaller flipper bats to incourage sales. Thus implying they would make more money.

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You are correct on this information.
It also applies to Fish Tales and BSD.
The European importers wanted the games harder with smaller flipper bats to incourage sales. Thus implying they would make more money.

I confirmed with Barry at Expo a few years ago that BSD was designed with regular flippers in mind (hence the massive surplus of "blood red" flippers) and it was a management decision to go with lightning.

#1771 1 year ago

I think BSD still *shipped* with lightning flippers in the US though, right?

#1772 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think BSD still *shipped* with lightning flippers in the US though, right?

I thought there are 5 lightning games.

Black Rose
Dracula
Dr Who
Fish Tales
Popeye

#1773 1 year ago

Popeye even shows lightning flippers on the trans lite.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I thought there are 5 lightning games.
Black Rose
Dracula
Dr Who
Fish Tales
Popeye

Black Rose didn't have them, at least in the US
It was just stated that BSD wasn't designed with them, even if it may have shipped with them

#1775 1 year ago

Well, i'm officially out of the club. Sold my machine today to a great bloke and it's going to a good home. Always enjoyed playing the Rose and enjoyed creating mods for it too BUT i'm keen on another NIB machine and 2 older pin's had to go to help fund that. I will have a couple of Pirate shooter rods for sale eventually (not started painting them yet) and still have target decal sets if anyone is interested. As for the future, might get hold of another Rose down the line, never say never

#1776 1 year ago

After a year of playing my shopped black rose the dreaded reset when both flippers were engaged happened again, this time I ordered the kahr wpc powerfix daughterboard pro and everything is fine again. If you ever experienced this issue i would recommend ordering one of them.

#1777 1 year ago

I just picked up a black rose- I am missing the whirlpool ramp cover- is this a hard to find part? I can't seem track one down in the usual places MARCO Etc-

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Well, i'm officially out of the club. Sold my machine today to a great bloke and it's going to a good home. Always enjoyed playing the Rose and enjoyed creating mods for it too BUT i'm keen on another NIB machine and 2 older pin's had to go to help fund that. I will have a couple of Pirate shooter rods for sale eventually (not started painting them yet) and still have target decal sets if anyone is interested. As for the future, might get hold of another Rose down the line, never say never</blockquote

Well, i'm officially out of the club. Sold my machine today to a great bloke and it's going to a good home. Always enjoyed playing the Rose and enjoyed creating mods for it too BUT i'm keen on another NIB machine and 2 older pin's had to go to help fund that. I will have a couple of Pirate shooter rods for sale eventually (not started painting them yet) and still have target decal sets if anyone is interested. As for the future, might get hold of another Rose down the line, never say never

You are always a welcome at the country club. I thank you for the stickers.

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Interested in your target decal set.

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

I just picked up a black rose- I am missing the whirlpool ramp cover- is this a hard to find part? I can't seem track one down in the usual places MARCO Etc-

Someone in this tread made a repro that had whirlpool engraved in it. Might want to look back. Probably been a couple of years though. But most likely the new plastic would be in a whole plastic set. Don't think it's sold individually.

Actually found one by Google.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/bally/black-rose.html.

#1781 1 year ago

I don't know why I think this game might have been more popular outside of the United States seems that way to me. That's kind of odd because it never really was big in my area anyways. Still, I'm glad I scored one

1 month later
#1782 1 year ago

Hey Black Rose friends! If any of you have added Spotlights to your game, I have a really nice solution to add a bit more to the theme and conceal the unsightly spotlights. I present the snap-fit spotlight barrels, no glue is needed! They only work on the NON-JJP / smaller spots. I have a few left if anyone is interested. Use the code PINSIDE at checkout for a discount Cheers
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1339560213/pinball-spotlight-barrel-cover?ref=listings_manager_grid
IMG_8178 11.53.27 AM (resized).jpgIMG_8178 11.53.27 AM (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg

#1783 1 year ago

blainedoe I have replied to your recent message about my Black Rose decals and i also replied to your first message 45 days ago just in case you were wondering. I haven't received any reply back to either so not sure if your message settings are incorrect or what
Apologies to the BR thread group for posting this but seems it's the only way to show that i did see and reply to the messages sent to me.

#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey Black Rose friends! If any of you have added Spotlights to your game, I have a really nice solution to add a bit more to the theme and conceal the unsightly spotlights. I present the snap-fit spotlight barrels, no glue is needed! They only work on the NON-JJP / smaller spots. I have a few left if anyone is interested. Use the code PINSIDE at checkout for a discount Cheers
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1339560213/pinball-spotlight-barrel-cover?ref=listings_manager_grid
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Nice job!!!!

1 week later
#1785 1 year ago

So.... does anybody else find that the upper flipper top left loop around shot that comes down through Pirate Cove, the one that starts the combo, pretty much impossible to dial in consistently let alone hit on purpose and therefore rendering it useless?

My upper flipper is perfectly in line with the rail coming out of the pops but really the only time I hit that shot is if the ball is not hugging the rail when coming down to said flipper. Very rarely as the ball is almost always against the rail when coming down. Or sometimes it just rolls up through there from a deflection.

Not that the combo is worth big points or heavily utilized in strategy on this game but just seems like a waste of a shot that you can't really even hit. Or maybe it's just me.

#1786 1 year ago

On mine it was super easy to hit. Easier than the side ramp even. Then I aligned it to press against the wall behind it, not to match the guide that feeds it, and now the ramp is easier

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

On mine it was super easy to hit. Easier than the side ramp even. Then I aligned it to press against the wall behind it, not to match the guide that feeds it, and now the ramp is easier

Yeah I can hit the locker ramp no problem, I actually get mad sometimes when it opens as I really like that Loop shot and wish I could keep going.

#1789 1 year ago

I think the upper loop above the locker is intended to be hit when the ball feeds out of the pop bumpers, as the ball will bounce off the rail a little bit giving the perfect spot in front of the upper flipper to knock it up that shot. You can tell this was designed as simply the act of exiting the pops in this enables the Combo light, so you can still get the “3” way combo even without hitting the left ramp first.

On the other end, the left ramp doubles the locker so it’s clearly intended to combo into the locker ramp.

For those who love looping the locker there is an adjustment in the game settings you can raise the default value of 2 all the way up to 9 if you really want to before it opens.

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

For those who love looping the locker there is an adjustment in the game settings you can raise the default value of 2 all the way up to 9 if you really want to before it opens.

Is it Progressive? As in if you complete the whole mast of modes or the more ships you sink the amount of times you need to Loop to open the locker grows? I feel like during play there have been times I've had to Loop it three, four and even five times to open, all throughout the same game.

The best way I feel to have a loop frenzy is to trap up a ball on the left during multi-ball and then bang loops with the other. Not only is it fun but you collect your ship letters! I think my personal best is 9 or 10 in a row.

#1791 1 year ago

Yeah each time you open the locker via looping the next time on the same ball it goes up by one

1 week later
#1792 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have not added a spotlight to mine, I can't really think of a good place to do it. But this looks really cool, I would really like to get one but I have to figure out a good spot to put it

#1793 1 year ago

Could someone post a better picture of the ball gate at the end of the shooting lane? Possibly a front and back picture, so you can see the bend. I need to create one, I don’t think I’ve been able to find any site selling these. Thanks!!

38EDA545-3DE0-4B9B-8435-E2B6CD1827E9 (resized).jpeg38EDA545-3DE0-4B9B-8435-E2B6CD1827E9 (resized).jpeg
#1794 1 year ago

Here's one in stock. You could make it. It just needs a little bend.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7047

#1795 1 year ago

Thanks Vernisious I appreciate it!!

3 weeks later
#1796 1 year ago

still looking for a 2-slot coin door bezel like on my diner, whirlwind, funhouse, black rose and fish tales

3 weeks later
#1797 1 year ago

The Davy Jones locker pops up but does not stay up. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong or where I should start trouble shooting. thanks in advance.

#1798 1 year ago

The locker has a small relay coil that should use a spring to latch into place and hold the ramp up. If the spring is broken or the plate is jammed, it'll just fall back down again

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The locker has a small relay coil that should use a spring to latch into place and hold the ramp up. If the spring is broken or the plate is jammed, it'll just fall back down again

thank you very much! I will look at it.

1 week later
#1800 1 year ago

Is the Black Rose cabinet art painted on or is it a sticker? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.