Topic Stats

• 1,483 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Scullymcgee
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 476 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

be5cdb64c898c0f011c6e3f55c890ff00157c1f6 (resized).jpeg
7b197eb8d07ab5dc20fd1f7a5473e1024d481fb5 (resized).jpeg
e574dc3c8485d4768e19f49dc09845d0b94a38ea (resized).jpeg
ddf112d49e0ad447dee677000cc8d1ef33c52a95 (resized).jpeg
16e72eba8ac095e8400e97caebf3e209718232f7 (resized).jpeg
DSC05232 (resized).JPG
DSC05231 (resized).JPG
DSC05230 (resized).JPG
BR (resized).jpg
blackroseplastics-228x228 (resized).jpg
1603383008867725137661410544273 (resized).jpg
20201015_124549 (resized).jpg
20201004_153837 (resized).jpg
20201004_153832 (resized).jpg
20201001_144003 (resized).jpg

There are 1483 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 75 days ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Anyone have an issue with their cannon shot being too powerful? Mine seems to want to bounce out of the broadside shot even on a direct shot. There is a gate on it but I think the ball is bouncing back before the gate can come down.

The spring is probably missing from your gate.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/28#post-5814012

#1453 73 days ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Hey guys,
My canon doesn't turn right far enough to reliably make the right shot to the pops. How do you adjust this?

I just replaced the plastic cannon assembly and for some reason i can now easily make the right shot and I couldn't before. I'm sure it wasn't the plastic that fixed it but just taking it apart and putting it back together did something. So it is possible, just wish i knew exactly what i did. I oiled the motor since it was very loud and replaced the plastic cannon assembly but did not take off the mounting ring nor the long mounting screws, only took out what i had to.

2 weeks later
#1454 54 days ago

Thinking of tearing mine down for a cleaning and installing some LEDs to brighten it up while I'm at it, but this game is really dark... Can anyone share what they've down to brighten up areas of the game that don't have many gi bulbs? Links to specific products used would be great....

#1455 54 days ago

anybody find one of these for me yet?

ball lock area plastic

#1456 48 days ago

At any time during multiball/s is the upper flipper meant to stop working? Is there a setting for this? The upper flipper works normally any other time so i know it's not a coil or opto issue.

#1457 48 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

anybody find one of these for me yet?

ball lock area plastic

I've got a 2nd hand one but it's got the usual warping of the original plastics and a few bits of paint missing here and there , looks to have a slight crack on the edge of one of the screw holes too.

#1458 48 days ago

Mancave - I've never heard of such an option.

#1459 47 days ago

Does anyone have any extra or know where you can get the black broadside cannon plastic that returns the ball from the ship in the back playfield.
The Black Rose I just recently got has one where part of the to[ is missing and I would like to replace it if I could

#1460 47 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

At any time during multiball/s is the upper flipper meant to stop working? Is there a setting for this? The upper flipper works normally any other time so i know it's not a coil or opto issue.

I'm pretty sure my upper flipper always work and aren't "turned off" in multiball or similar.

#1461 47 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

Does anyone have any extra or know where you can get the black broadside cannon plastic that returns the ball from the ship in the back playfield.
The Black Rose I just recently got has one where part of the to[ is missing and I would like to replace it if I could

I've been looking for that Cannon plastic since I got my machine.
Been waiting for someone to 3D print a really nice cannon, and maybe even longer.
You mean the one that covers the beginning of the wireform Im assuming to?

#1462 47 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm pretty sure my upper flipper always work and aren't "turned off" in multiball or similar.

Yours is working correctly then

#1463 46 days ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Mancave - I've never heard of such an option

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm pretty sure my upper flipper always work and aren't "turned off" in multiball or similar

Cheers guys, yeah i didn't think i'd seen an option for it but was just checking off any software issue from the list first.
It seems weird that i've only noticed it a few times and every one of those times it's been during either 2 or 3 ball multi ball, definitely haven't noticed it during regular solo ball play. The mech is all new parts and the coil is fine so it's probably something intermittent with the flipper opto board or the wiring in the connector. When i bought this pin it had been changed over to dodgy non standard looking contact switches for the flippers so the first thing i did was get it back to proper opto boards. Will give the wiring/connector a good looking over and see what happens

#1464 44 days ago

Picked up a project black rose last week.
Got it all back together and I’ve got 0 working flippers. My working fliptronic board and new rotten dog power driver are in the game. Everything works but flips.
What am I missing? I’m super stumped?

#1465 44 days ago

Just an off chance - did you replace the flipper switches? If so, did you clean the contacts?

#1466 44 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Picked up a project black rose last week.
Got it all back together and I’ve got 0 working flippers. My working fliptronic board and new rotten dog power driver are in the game. Everything works but flips.
What am I missing? I’m super stumped?

I had similar issue on mine and it was the flipper connectors on the power driver board (but it was a long time ago and I might be thinking of another game ) good luck

#1467 43 days ago

I figured it out. Top flip coil was shorted and the connector on fliptronic where ribbon cable goes had one bent pin. Go figure. Pulled my hair out trying to find this. Always the simple things.

#1468 41 days ago

Getting ready to replace my Cannon body plastic with a new one, anyone have a guide on replacing these? would appreciate some insight before actually removing the whole cannon assembly as I've heard its a pain to get leveled and tuned in after removing.

#1469 41 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

Getting ready to replace my Cannon body plastic with a new one, anyone have a guide on replacing these? would appreciate some insight before actually removing the whole cannon assembly as I've heard its a pain to get leveled and tuned in after removing.

I haven't seen a tutorial on this yet so pretty sure it doesn't exist. Completely removing the old and mounting the new is probably straightforward (I've swapped the actual cannon plastic body but not the mounting ring around it and it was ok).

The big pain in the famous ass comes after when you try to dial in the cannon inclination in all directions with only 3 adjustment screws. That was one of the hardest things I've ever done in pinball repairs and it still isn't perfect, I had to call it a day after hours of adjustments and just accept it was "good enough".

#1470 39 days ago

my cannon parts get here today so that will be my saturday project, and the cliffy set

#1471 35 days ago

I’m still having slam tilt problems. Is the slam tilt switch below the playfield? Can someone describe where or take a picture. Thanks

#1472 35 days ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I’m still having slam tilt problems. Is the slam tilt switch below the playfield? Can someone describe where or take a picture. Thanks

Should be inside the door iirc

#1473 34 days ago
Quoted from Scullymcgee:

Download the manual. It has step by step on how to remove and level. Not really that difficult

#1474 30 days ago

I finally fixed my problem of the Lockup Enter switch causing a Slam Tilt. The Middle Ramp switch was mechanically stuck closed. Both the Lockup Enter & Middle Ramp switches are in column 7. It turns out with the Middle ramp switch stuck closed any switch in that column also closed the corresponding row switch in column 2. Once the Middle ramp switch was properly adjusted the Lockup enter switch no longer slam tilted. Seems strange to me but it is fixed.

1 week later
#1475 20 days ago

Not in this club anymore however if I was I would grab this decal set and have them reproduced for the others in need of these ....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-complete-decal-set#post-6044648

#1476 19 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not in this club anymore however if I was I would grab this decal set and have them reproduced for the others in need of these ....

I already did some repros of the left ramp decals so i had some for when i bought Freeplay40's new ramps.

#1477 19 days ago

Hello Everyone
Super excited to get my first Black Rose! It is my 5th pin and is such a fun addition to the line up! Mine was not working at all when I got her. It has taken about a month to get up and running. I have done all new LED new, Color Dmd, Titan rubbers, gone over all the boards and she is now playing! I am doing some final tweaks to make her play smoth and I was wondering... What is the best way to leave out the cannon mech? Mine seems to be a bit higher on the left side and will mess with the ball when the ball slows down. Advice for you seasoned BR owners would be super appreciated!

BR (resized).jpg
#1478 15 days ago

Did anybody else reproduce the left ramp decal? Don't need to buy a whole set and really don't want to wait for shipping from Australia

#1479 14 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Did anybody else reproduce the left ramp decal? Don't need to buy a whole set and really don't want to wait for shipping from Australia

Quoted from Mancave:

I already did some repros of the left ramp decals so i had some for when i bought Freeplay40's new ramps.

Few posts above. There nice, got a set.
Mancave is good people too!

#1480 14 days ago

Who has the best cabinet decals, getting ready for a restore and I didnt see them on planetary websites and didn't want to go with classic arcades

#1481 12 days ago

Need some advice. I have an issue with the top red 3 bank targets . The middle and lower targets of the 3 are not registering, the top red one (closest to broadside hole) is working but when hit it completes the whole 3 bank with one hit. The lower 2 Three banks (green and yellow) all take 3 hits to "complete" the bank. Anybody ever experience this?

I did not notice anything in the manual about adjusting the performance or # of hits to complete the 3 bank targets .....except adjusting the "skill shot." Is this adjustable?

Thanks

#1482 7 days ago

Finally got off my butt and completed the topper i'd been planning for some time now. There's not a lot of choices out in the market and most of what i have seen hasn't really done it for me, hence this frankenstein creation Quite happy with the end result.
The brief vid was tailored originally for a FB pinball group i'm in over here btw.

DSC05230 (resized).JPGDSC05231 (resized).JPGDSC05232 (resized).JPG
#1483 7 days ago

Black Rose decal set, laminated print and cut decals on clear vinyl.

Bought a Lot of pinball parts and these were included in with the parts that I needed

High quality and look great on my machine..

these are repros that include a fire button decal and whirlpool popper decal that I haven’t seen before, plus all the unavailable ramp decals

$75 plus shipping

16e72eba8ac095e8400e97caebf3e209718232f7 (resized).jpeg7b197eb8d07ab5dc20fd1f7a5473e1024d481fb5 (resized).jpegbe5cdb64c898c0f011c6e3f55c890ff00157c1f6 (resized).jpegddf112d49e0ad447dee677000cc8d1ef33c52a95 (resized).jpege574dc3c8485d4768e19f49dc09845d0b94a38ea (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Allentown, PA
$ 34.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
Boards
PinSound
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 1483 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside