• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 38.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from jheath:

I do have an external holder but nothing is saving. New batteries installed. Not sure how to check. Very new to this

If nothing is saving, the external holder isn't connecting properly. Is it one of those ones with the wood dowels in place of batteries, with a wire running to the external holder? Those are kind of kludgy

#1352 3 years ago

Ericpinballfan did you ever finish that broadside wireform? Mine cracked at the end.

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

ericpinballfan did you ever finish that broadside wireform? Mine cracked at the end.

Thanks for asking. Quick answer is no. Covid set back. Then once covid opening, other companies in line before me. We all use the same tooling/jig/tig machines. And when I say all, fill in a pinball company name. Not fair, I got thrown to back of line. But Im the small guy.
Fun project, many titles, This one is in first batch, but the crossover isnt. Maybe second batch. The goal is to get this done by OCT.
These will all be Licensed PPS wire forms. That in itself added time to project but really for the better.

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Congrats to you too! Post a pic or two of yours when it arrives.

Finally getting around to posting a pic as you requested. I picked up my BR from the local NAVL sub the other afternoon. Thankfully it arrived safely!

The cabinet had been re-decaled as described in the FS ad, and is beautiful, but not much else rang true. It was supposedly shopped out, but this thing has layers of crud everywhere on it. It hasn’t even seen a quick wipe down in many years. Many plastics broken, some missing parts, the playfield is broken between the ball trough and shooter lane, some homemade parts, several VERY raised and worn inserts, etc. Looking back at the ad it is comical how misleading it was. Oh well, I bought it mostly because of the nice cabinet, so I guess I can’t be too upset at the deception. The pics were fuzzy and I should have asked for better ones (and more).

Anyway, I have a boatload of parts coming for it now, and it’ll get stripped down, cleaned up and fixed soon enough. In the end it’ll be a pretty nice game.
CD7A9D1C-2A0E-4AFC-B484-7EE22D4BD2FF (resized).jpegCD7A9D1C-2A0E-4AFC-B484-7EE22D4BD2FF (resized).jpeg

#1355 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Finally getting around to posting a pic as you requested. I picked up my BR from the local NAVL sub the other afternoon. Thankfully it arrived safely!
The cabinet had been re-decaled as described in the FS ad, and is beautiful, but not much else rang true. It was supposedly shopped out, but this thing has layers of crud everywhere on it. It hasn’t even seen a quick wipe down in many years. Many plastics broken, some missing parts, the playfield is broken between the ball trough and shooter lane, some homemade parts, several VERY raised and worn inserts, etc. Looking back at the ad it is comical how misleading it was. Oh well, I bought it mostly because of the nice cabinet, so I guess I can’t be too upset at the deception. The pics were fuzzy and I should have asked for better ones (and more).
Anyway, I have a boatload of parts coming for it now, and it’ll get stripped down, cleaned up and fixed soon enough. In the end it’ll be a pretty nice game.
[quoted image]

That’s frustrating. I’ve been there also. Will you let it go and make the best of it? That’s what I usually do. Not worth the time or stress. I usually send pics of the “true” condition the couple times I’ve been duped. I just let them know they aren’t honest members of this community, and to please not do that to any other people again. I can handle the setback by restoring the game, but many people would be devastated, especially if they are new to pinball.

Will you try to do a playfield swap? Looks and sounds like you found a nice cabinet. I know one or two members on here are selling new BR ramps. Maybe you can restore yours. I got lucky with mine, except it sustained minor cab damage during shipping due to minimal prep. I will restore the cab.

Mine still has the original lights. I’m considering converting to LEDs. How do people like the game after changing to LEDs? I do have pinstadium lights, which definitely helps.

Good luck with your BR!

#1356 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me. The manual shows that the canon should be able to shoot from Pirates Cove all the way to the right lane, but mine seems only to be able to traverse from the left ramp to the right ramp. Can anyone confirm if their canon can hit all the shots or not? I see no way to adjust mine.

Also, the game was shopped before I bought it, but the previous owner took out the red lamps and replaced them all with white lamps. I know that the playfield has ”R” where they are supposed to go, but I want to place an order for all my parts before I take it apart. Does anyone know how many “R” lamps are in the game?

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Hi Everyone,
I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me. The manual shows that the canon should be able to shoot from Pirates Cove all the way to the right lane, but mine seems only to be able to traverse from the left ramp to the right ramp. Can anyone confirm if their canon can hit all the shots or not? I see no way to adjust mine.
Also, the game was shopped before I bought it, but the previous owner took out the red lamps and replaced them all with white lamps. I know that the playfield has ”R” where they are supposed to go, but I want to place an order for all my parts before I take it apart. Does anyone know how many “R” lamps are in the game?

Mine can hit all the shots easily. There's a big discussion about this somewhere earlier in this thread if you can find it.

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s frustrating. I’ve been there also. Will you let it go and make the best of it? That’s what I usually do. Not worth the time or stress. I usually send pics of the “true” condition the couple times I’ve been duped. I just let them know they aren’t honest members of this community, and to please not do that to any other people again. I can handle the setback by restoring the game, but many people would be devastated, especially if they are new to pinball.
Will you try to do a playfield swap? Looks and sounds like you found a nice cabinet. I know one or two members on here are selling new BR ramps. Maybe you can restore yours. I got lucky with mine, except it sustained minor cab damage during shipping due to minimal prep. I will restore the cab.
Mine still has the original lights. I’m considering converting to LEDs. How do people like the game after changing to LEDs? I do have pinstadium lights, which definitely helps.
Good luck with your BR!

Thanks. I always let this stuff go. Like you said, it's not worth the stress. In my 16 years in the hobby I've dealt with plenty of basketcase games and sellers that were less than forthcoming about the true condition of the games.

I'll have it fixed up in short order. I have a plastics set, cannon base and door, cannon base decals, cord, line cord cover, LEDs (this will be my first LED job, btw. All these years I've been an incandescent fan, but I'm slowly being converted. Haha), cash box, cover and clip, target foam, 2 Cliffy's and some other stuff on the way. That's a good start for now. Someday I may consider a playfield swap. I know the repros are coming out fairly soon.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine can hit all the shots easily. There's a big discussion about this somewhere earlier in this thread if you can find it.

Ok, thanks. That’s interesting.. I don’t see anything on my canon that can be adjusted to make it swing any further.

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If nothing is saving, the external holder isn't connecting properly. Is it one of those ones with the wood dowels in place of batteries, with a wire running to the external holder? Those are kind of kludgy

No this is what I have.

CEA0C94B-6ED2-4400-A5E1-14AB25E45467 (resized).jpegCEA0C94B-6ED2-4400-A5E1-14AB25E45467 (resized).jpeg
#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

[quoted image]

Some parts have started showing up, so the tear down and cleanup has begun. I have it mostly stripped now and have cleaned it up quite a bit.

20200718_175953 (resized).jpg20200718_175953 (resized).jpg
#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Some parts have started showing up, so the tear down and cleanup has begun. I have it mostly stripped now and have cleaned it up quite a bit.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting your pics. I was able to count the “R”’s on the playfield so now I know how many red bulbs I need for the GI!

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Thanks. I always let this stuff go. Like you said, it's not worth the stress. In my 16 years in the hobby I've dealt with plenty of basketcase games and sellers that were less than forthcoming about the true condition of the games.
I'll have it fixed up in short order. I have a plastics set, cannon base and door, cannon base decals, cord, line cord cover, LEDs (this will be my first LED job, btw. All these years I've been an incandescent fan, but I'm slowly being converted. Haha), cash box, cover and clip, target foam, 2 Cliffy's and some other stuff on the way. That's a good start for now. Someday I may consider a playfield swap. I know the repros are coming out fairly soon.

Nice, good luck with your BR restore. It will be an awesome example when you are done. I agree it’s better to take a disappointing pin and restore it, possibly returning it back to the pinball community someday a much better game than when you got it. It’s a great way for talented collectors with experience to make this hobby better.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Thanks for posting your pics. I was able to count the “R”’s on the playfield so now I know how many red bulbs I need for the GI!

You’re welcome. Just an FYI though, I think there are some spots that get them where the “R” might be covered by rails, or possibly just omitted, so grab some extra. I believe the red GI count was 11 or 12. Basically everywhere there are 2 GI sockets super close together 1 of them is red.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

You’re welcome, Just an FYI though, I think there are some spots that get them where the “R” might be covered by rails, or possibly just omitted, so grab some extra. I believe the red GI count was 11 or 12. Basically everywhere there are 2 GI sockets super close together 1 of them is red.

Thanks again!

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice, good luck with your BR restore. It will be an awesome example when you are done. I agree it’s better to take a disappointing pin and restore it, possibly returning it back to the pinball community someday a much better game than when you got it. It’s a great way for talented collectors with experience to make this hobby better.

Thanks. It’s going well so far. Doing some Mylar removal right now. And more cleaning of course. What a filthy mess it was. It will be a very nice game for a long time to come, and that is very satisfying.

#1367 3 years ago

So here’s some pics of the homemade cannon door that someone fabricated out of some steel and Glare Guard material. Real nice. Also a pic of the cannon assembly that was just bathed in grease. What a pain this assembly is to work on!

6F14B240-A30D-4EA2-AA71-6546EFC6BD0E (resized).jpeg6F14B240-A30D-4EA2-AA71-6546EFC6BD0E (resized).jpegADE186F2-DB02-439D-86DF-87CF1AA10B2E (resized).jpegADE186F2-DB02-439D-86DF-87CF1AA10B2E (resized).jpegEA64A1A7-022F-456E-8BF3-ACE1704FFCBF (resized).jpegEA64A1A7-022F-456E-8BF3-ACE1704FFCBF (resized).jpegF0864C0A-CCC7-4D0C-A41D-E61BB6890FEA (resized).jpegF0864C0A-CCC7-4D0C-A41D-E61BB6890FEA (resized).jpeg
#1368 3 years ago

My black Rose should arrive by the end of the week. I bought it sight unseen so I hope it’s not a project pin. This thread has all kinds of great info, thanks Mateys!

#1369 3 years ago

Why not buy a new cannon assembly and door? They reproduced them based on NOS design. I ordered two, one to replace the broken one and one in reserve. Pretty decent effort on your homemade door btw.

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Why not buy a new cannon assembly and door? They reproduced them based on NOS design. I ordered two, one to replace the broken one and one in reserve. Pretty decent effort on your homemade door btw.

If you’re talking to me, as I said, that homemade piece of shit is what was in the game when I got it. I did buy all new parts. Never in a million years would I put something that crappy in a game.

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

If you’re talking to me, as I said, that homemade piece of shit is what was in the game when I got it. I did buy all new parts. Never in a million years would I put something that crappy in a game.

Do they sell cannon assemblies somewhere?

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yes. They were remade based on the original design. Rick was selling them at Planetary. Haven’t checked in a while. So not sure if they are still available

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Yes. Sorry, forgot to quote you. The fit and finish is pretty good on the new cannon assembly. Haven’t had to adjust it yet.

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Do they sell cannon assemblies somewhere

The cannon body and flap + decals is available yep. I bought them for my machine as both were busted when i got it.

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Yes. They were remade based on the original design. Rick was selling them at Planetary. Haven’t checked in a while. So not sure if they are still available

Quoted from Pinkitten:

The cannon housing and door were reproduced by James at Pinball Inc. I got mine directly from him. He reproduced the plastics set as well. I picked that up also.

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

The cannon housing and door were reproduced by James at Pinball Inc. I got mine directly from him. He reproduced the plastics set as well. I picked that up also.

Thanks, good to know just in case!

#1377 3 years ago

Installed a colordmd the other day in my br. Is there something I can use to stop the light from the Blackbox. What have others used?
Just not sure how it will work with this design.

#1378 3 years ago

I used 1/2 in high x 1/2 in black sticky foam all around the display.
I put it right on the front of display facing player. Around the whole perimeter.
This blocks the backboard lights from shining on the colordmd.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I used 1/2 in high x 1/2 in black sticky foam all around the display.
I put it right on the front of display facing player.
This blocks the backboard lights from shining on the colordmd.

Thanks. For that. I will look for some to buy.

2 weeks later
#1380 3 years ago

Hi all, I have joined the club! Black Rose is one of my two first pins at home and I'm loving it.

However, i noticed the knocker isn't connected, but I can't see a connector anywhere to plug into it.

I've studied the manual and tried to understand the wiring but surely there should be another connector loose In the backbox? Or could there be another explanation?

Is there a way someone could tell or show me where i might find the other end?

Also, mine is version L-1, is it worth getting a new updated rom or am I not gaining much?

#1381 3 years ago

Here's another,

Flasher 25 not working, and it's noted in the manual, from at least two owners ago. So I'm guessing noone could be bothered to fix it.

It appears to be to the sides of the broadside shot, which must be tricky to get to?
Anyone got a picture of these flashers or tips how to get there?

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Here's another,
Flasher 25 not working, and it's noted in the manual, from at least two owners ago. So I'm guessing noone could be bothered to fix it.
It appears to be to the sides of the broadside shot, which must be tricky to get to?
Anyone got a picture of these flashers or tips how to get there?

These two lamps are located at each side of the broadside popper "cannon" outlet, behind the black backboard, see picture I took when flashing.
20200824_210539 (resized).jpg20200824_210539 (resized).jpg

I thought I had taken good pictures of this area when I last did work there (mounted the missing spring on the broadside ballgate) but it turned out I didn't, this is the best pic I had. Note that when I took this picture the flashers were apparently already removed (by me earlier) so you can't see them here My guess is the flashers were mounted with screws and some metal holder to those two empty holes ontop of the backboard, but I can't remember really.
back (resized).jpgback (resized).jpg

It's tricky to get access to the backside as you can only tilt the playfield upwards (and not also forward) on this system. You have to lift out the playfield from the two pivo-hinges inside the box. I guess it might be doable with one person but I HIGHLY recommend that you are two persons for this, one on each side of the game, lifting simultaneously. The populated playfield is rather heavy and it will probably be really tricky with the hinges and lifting straight up if solo.

When I did this I didn't disconnect any cables going to the playfield, we simply lifted it up/out (two persons), then while one kept it in the air the other one put a small wooden stool inside the cabinet and then we simply put the playfield down on it, standing on its side. While one kept the PF standing the other one worked on it, then everything reversed to get it back again.

If I were to do this again someday I would probably go with two LED flashers instead of the old bulbs just to minimize the risk of having the need to go back there again.

#1383 3 years ago

Hi all, I have joined the club! Black Rose is one of my two first pins at home and I'm loving it.
However, i noticed the knocker isn't connected, but I can't see a connector anywhere to plug into it.
I've studied the manual and tried to understand the wiring but surely there should be another connector loose In the backbox? Or could there be another explanation?
Is there a way someone could tell or show me where i might find the other end?
Also, mine is version L-1, is it worth getting a new updated rom or am I not gaining much?

An old pic of my knocker. Note cable colors; violet-yellow and violet-black.
knocker (resized).jpgknocker (resized).jpg

Looking at the solenoid wiring diagram on page 3-8 in the BR manual we find the knocker (solenoid 7) connected with those two cables again, yay! So, violet-yellow to connector J107-3 and violet-black to J130-8 (both on the power driver board).
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

An old pic of my knocker. Note cable colors; violet-yellow and violet-black.
[quoted image]
Looking at the solenoid wiring diagram on page 3-8 in the BR manual we find the knocker (solenoid 7) connected with those two cables again, yay! So, violet-yellow to connector J107-3 and violet-black to J130-8 (both on the power driver board).
[quoted image]

Thanks,
The coin meter was connected to the cables via an electrical connector box, so I just cut the connector off of the knocker and put those cables into the connector box. Working great now!

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

These two lamps are located at each side of the broadside popper "cannon" outlet, behind the black backboard, see picture I took when flashing.
[quoted image]
I thought I had taken good pictures of this area when I last did work there (mounted the missing spring on the broadside ballgate) but it turned out I didn't, this is the best pic I had. Note that when I took this picture the flashers were apparently already removed so you can't see them here My guess is the flashers were mounted with screws and some metal holder to those two empty holes ontop of the backboard, but I can't remember really.
[quoted image]
It's tricky to get access to the backside as you can only tilt the playfield upwards (and not also forward) on this system. You have to lift out the playfield from the two pivo-hinges inside the box. I guess it might be doable with one person but I HIGHLY recommend that you are two persons for this, one on each side of the game, lifting simultaneously. The populated playfield is rather heavy and it will probably be really tricky with the hinges and lifting straight up if solo.
When I did this I didn't disconnect any cables going to the playfield, we simply lifted it up/out (two persons), then while one kept it in the air the other one put a small wooden stool inside the cabinet and then we simply put the playfield down on it, standing on its side. While one kept the PF standing the other one worked on it, then everything reversed to get it back again.
If I were to do this again someday I would probably go with two LED flashers instead of the old bulbs just to minimize the risk of having the need to go back there again.

Thanks for the pics, weird there's no sign of where the bulbs would be mounted. It's strange it was LED'ed but they must not have realised there were lights back there. I hope its just bulbs that have died!
I had a look at the hinge earlier to try understand it but it looks like something I'll need to do with someone else when theres more room around the pin.
It sounds really awkward in your description ugh.
. I don't think I have the spring on the gate either so it's definitely a job to do once I've got some flasher leds and the spring...

Do you know what colour the bulbs are?

20200823_204458 (resized).jpg20200823_204458 (resized).jpg

#1385 3 years ago

weird there's no sign of where the bulbs would be mounted.

As I wrote, I THINK each flasher were mounted on a short metal arm and screwed to those two holes on the top edge of the backboard (but I don't remember clearly).

It's strange it was LED'ed

You have LEDS ? My game have normal flasher bulbs (as you can see in the first picture I posted). I was just saying that you probably should mount LEDs there instead to not risk having bulbs break.

I had a look at the hinge earlier to try understand it but it looks like something I'll need to do with someone else when theres more room around the pin.

You definitely need room on both side of the pin for two people to stand. Just pull the pin into the center of the room?

It sounds really awkward in your description ugh.

Maybe I described it bad, but it's not that big of a problem if you are two people. Lift up and out, do work and lift it back down. Not hard, just heavy.

I don't think I have the spring on the gate either so it's definitely a job to do once I've got some flasher leds and the spring...

The spring on that broadside gate is essential. Without it many of your broadside shots will enter and then exit back out again. The spring makes a really big difference as the broadside shot is central to the scoring in the game so you really need the spring to play it correctly.

Do you know what colour the bulbs are?

The flashers are normal (#906) bulbs, no colors.

#1386 3 years ago

this is what screws into those holes and mounts the lights

ee3aafcca09a0a2005273f11eef42033bca5b1b5 (resized).jpgee3aafcca09a0a2005273f11eef42033bca5b1b5 (resized).jpg
#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

As I wrote, I THINK each flasher were mounted on a short metal arm and screwed to those two holes on the top edge of the backboard (but I don't remember clearly).

You have LEDS ? My game have normal flasher bulbs (as you can see in the first picture I posted). I was just saying that you probably should mount LEDs there instead to not risk having bulbs break.

You definitely need room on both side of the pin for two people to stand. Just pull the pin into the center of the room?

Maybe I described it bad, but it's not that big of a problem if you are two people. Lift up and out, do work and lift it back down. Not hard, just heavy.

The spring on that broadside gate is essential. Without it many of your broadside shots will enter and then exit back out again. The spring makes a really big difference as the broadside shot is central to the scoring in the game so you really need the spring to play it correctly.

The flashers are normal (#906) bulbs, no colors.

With the LED's I meant the previous owner changed it to all LEDs but left out those flashers, maybe he didn't know they were there. But id he got a LED kit surely there would be two left spare, I'll have to check the box that came with it. There is a handwritten note in the operators manual saying lamp 25 not working and that wasn't written by the previous owner so it implies they've been out or had issues for at least two previous owners.
Makes me wonder if there was a bigger issue or they just couldn't be bothered or got around to getting access to that area.

Quoted from zerbam:

this is what screws into those holes and mounts the lights
[quoted image]

Thank you so much! I wonder if that can be seen by putting the backbox down and peeking through the hole? I'm curious as to if its even installed.

#1388 3 years ago

I wonder if that can be seen by putting the backbox down and peeking through the hole? I'm curious as to if its even installed.

Seeing that picture makes me recall that's how it was for me too and yes, you can access/change both lamps when the backbox is down. I clearly remember now soldering back a loose cable to one of those lamps through the hole below the backbox.

#1389 3 years ago

You know, now i think about it i'm not sure i have that spring on my broadside gate. I know the bloody thing is tiny though cause i bought a spare when i was collecting some parts for the mini restore when i first bought the machine. Does anyone have a pic of where it actually goes? and how it attaches?

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You know, now i think about it i'm not sure i have that spring on my broadside gate. I know the bloody thing is tiny though cause i bought a spare when i was collecting some parts for the mini restore when i first bought the machine. Does anyone have a pic of where it actually goes? and how it attaches?

This is how I attached mine. The spring partno is 10-434.
32 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg

If you are unsure you have the spring, simply put your finger on the ballgate through the front broadside hole and feel if there is any resistance to it or if the metal gate simply hangs "loose".

When I was there, I also added strips of dampening foam on each side (using double adhesive tape), this removes a lot of the "rattling" of the ball.

#1391 3 years ago

I can't find that spring part anywhere except Marco and considering I'm in the UK the shipping for something that's not even £1 is a bit much

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Seeing that picture makes me recall that's how it was for me too and yes, you can access/change both lamps when the backbox is down. I clearly remember now soldering back a loose cable to one of those lamps through the hole below the backbox.

That's hopeful!

Update : Yes! They are accessible when the backbox is down!
Mine still had a incandescent bulb in one and nothing not even the little socket in the other.

What is the little black part you put the bulbs in called?

I put an LED in the one remaining and it worked, a whole new effect for me

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This is how I attached mine. The spring partno is 10-434

Coool and TY yeah got a spare spring just wasn't sure where it went. Now to check if i have one on there already

#1393 3 years ago

It's so frustrating that nowhere except Marco appears to have the spring or gate. To get it shipped here takes weeks and at least £45!

I wonder if there's any other solutions?

#1394 3 years ago

It's so frustrating that nowhere except Marco appears to have the spring or gate. To get it shipped here takes weeks and at least £45!
I wonder if there's any other solutions?

The wire gate is 12-6971 if you don't have it.

Maybe you could take some other spring and just bend a bit ? I mean, it's just a piece of spring metal. The biggest issue is probably to get the correct tension, not too loose or too tight.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The wire gate is 12-6971 if you don't have it.
Maybe you could take some other spring and just bend a bit ? I mean, it's just a piece of spring metal. The biggest issue is probably to get the correct tension, not too loose or too tight.

I've got the gate, just I'd buy the whole gate to get the spring if i had to.
It's nuts it's only listed at one site.

#1396 3 years ago

Found it at an Australian shop with bearable shipping!

Any tips for getting access to that area? Do i have to remove the playfield and if so how do i remove it and work on it if its not secured anymore?

#1398 3 years ago

Found it at an Australian shop with bearable shipping!
Any tips for getting access to that area? Do i have to remove the playfield and if so how do i remove it and work on it if its not secured anymore?

Did you order yet? And is it just the spring you need, or the whole gate assembly?

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did you order yet? And is it just the spring you need, or the whole gate assembly?

Just the spring. I did order it yeah

#1400 3 years ago

The spring was missing on mine and WOW, makes a big difference for such a teensie little spring
I also added some adhesive backed felt on either side of the broadside entrance whilst i had the PF forward. MUCH nicer!!
Thanks Lhyrgoif works a treat

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/28?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.