• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 38.
#1201 4 years ago

Anyone have the newest rom with the wpc ghosting patch already applied? I have the burning just don't see the rom.

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone have the newest rom with the wpc ghosting patch already applied? I have the burning just don't see the rom.

I’d be in for one of those too.

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I’d be in for one of those too.

Me three

#1204 4 years ago

put me on the list.....if there is one

#1205 4 years ago

Does anyone else’s BR have lightning flippers? Was it designed to use them? Maybe the previous owner of my game just wanted to up the difficulty?

#1206 4 years ago

They are putting the rom on ipdb.com. should be up there soon.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Does anyone else’s BR have lightning flippers? Was it designed to use them? Maybe the previous owner of my game just wanted to up the difficulty?

I think this machine was supposed to have them yeah, i've just added a set to mine although i did use a standard size for the top right..think that's correct??

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I think this machine was supposed to have them yeah, i've just added a set to mine although i did use a standard size for the top right..think that's correct??

OK thanks. Mine even has one for the 3rd flipper. Hitting the ramp pretty consistently so I guess it’s ok.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

OK thanks. Mine even has one for the 3rd flipper. Hitting the ramp pretty consistently so I guess it’s ok.

It it works for you, it works.

I think lightning flippers on the lowers and a standard on the upper is correct tho.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The answer is no, Not designed with lightning flippers.
Lightning flippers first came out on Fish Tales, which the European Distributors demanded because the game needed to be harder.

#1211 4 years ago

BR owner again and in the Black Rose Club.

Scurvy (resized).jpgScurvy (resized).jpgcount me in matey (resized).jpgcount me in matey (resized).jpg
#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The answer is no, Not designed with lightning flippers.
Lightning flippers first came out on Fish Tales, which the European Distributors demanded because the game needed to be harder

I did a bit of researching on this and the jury is kinda divided it seems, some think it was meant to have lightning flippers (and shipped with) , others state the opposite, and certainly IPDB doesn't help either way with this. BTW Ericpinballfan did you end up buying a translite from Micronos?? Mine is pretty sad and the option from pinballcenter looks a bit suss

#1213 4 years ago

Had the idea of emailing the designer but then I remembered who that was.

#1214 4 years ago

i have these three black rose lane guides and three small plastics that go on the ramp behind the backboard for sale.........make a reasonable offer and they can be yours

IMG_2028 (resized).jpgIMG_2028 (resized).jpg
#1215 4 years ago

Proud of myself moment. Made a new one-way gate from a coat hanger.
F9DB5074-CEC8-422C-B465-F5F1D36DC575 (resized).jpegF9DB5074-CEC8-422C-B465-F5F1D36DC575 (resized).jpeg

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

great job ....what about the tension spring so the ball wont come out!

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The gate I made never worked very well. Marco has the correct parts in stock. BR is a much better game with a working gate. Gate 12-6971, Spring 10-434

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

The gate I made never worked very well. Marco has the correct parts in stock. BR is a much better game with a working gate. Gate 12-6971, Spring 10-434

I made this while waiting for Marco. I ordered the correct parts last Monday. After a few days of not getting tracking number I followed up to find out they couldn’t source a gate wire. Krystle promised to have more info for me by the end of the day today... I haven’t heard anything.

Just did this because I want to play my game! Works a whole lot better than what I had. Before, 95% of shots were coming out and now only about 20% do.

#1219 4 years ago

Selling a players grade Black Rose in Northern California, just south of Sacramento. $2600 or trade for another game. PM me for pix/details. Thanks!

#1220 4 years ago

Before i get too far into adding everything back onto the PF, does anyone know where these 2 clear plastics go? They were missing from the machine when i got it but were included in the new plastic set i bought. BTW can't say i'm totally rapt with the "new" plastic set, had a few plastics lose some small bits of artwork when removing the art side backing (and yep, been careful and slow in doing so). Also been a couple of plastics that i had to drill an extra hole in that was missing, for eg : top left red plastic that is under the ramp entrance to the rear backboard ramp, and also the clear plastic that sits on top of the right pop bumper cap.

DSC04772 (resized).JPGDSC04772 (resized).JPG
#1221 4 years ago

those 2 plastics are attached to the ramp that goes behind the backboard.......(hard to reach)

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

those 2 plastics are attached to the ramp that goes behind the backboard

Ahhhh cool TY, yeah i should have known I had the bloody thing off a little while back too to clean it, brain didn't twig

#1223 4 years ago

the new plastic sets were made a few years ago from a NOS set that i loaned for them to copy

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

the new plastic sets were made a few years ago from a NOS set that i loaned for them to copy

Ok, well that's unusual about little portions of the artwork coming off with the backing I was assuming these would have been old NOS and perhaps the adhesive had gone a bit suspect over long periods in storage. Also unusual that those particular pieces i mentioned were missing 1 mount hole on each. But hey, it's still better than the old warped set that was on the machine!!

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Selling a players grade Black Rose in Northern California, just south of Sacramento. $2600 or trade for another game. PM me for pix/details. Thanks!

Game is sold, thanks.

#1226 4 years ago

I’m now in the club. Great game.

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

great job ....what about the tension spring so the ball wont come out!

The pets from Marco and installed. The spring makes a big difference? Pretty much 100% success rate with the broadside shot now.

#1228 4 years ago

anybody need these 3 lane guides and ramp plastics........$25 including U.S. shipping

63b5ca119f4df626b419ffec772a2fea891042ab (resized).jpg63b5ca119f4df626b419ffec772a2fea891042ab (resized).jpg
#1229 4 years ago

Has anyone had their lift ramp not operate properly, as far as not raising high enough to allow the ball to go under the ramp flap? I've got my machine back together now and have a few teething issues, main one being the lift ramp. I've removed the mech to give it a good clean and it all seems ok visually so not quite sure what's the problem with it

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Has anyone had their lift ramp not operate properly, as far as not raising high enough to allow the ball to go under the ramp flap? I've got my machine back together now and have a few teething issues, main one being the lift ramp. I've removed the mech to give it a good clean and it all seems ok visually so not quite sure what's the problem with it

Both times I’ve shopped out a BR (including just recently) I’ve screwed up putting the lift ramp back together. Both times I mistaking put the left arm peg through the hole in the ramp support thing. Like, it looked to me like it should have been inserted there. The lift arm actually goes underneath that metal part underneath the flap. Could that be your issue?

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Both times I’ve shopped out a BR (including just recently) I’ve screwed up putting the lift ramp back together. Both times I mistaking put the left arm peg through the hole in the ramp support thing. Like, it looked to me like it should have been inserted there. The lift arm actually goes underneath that metal part underneath the flap. Could that be your issue

Yeah i'm not sure, put it back together like it was originally but the machine had been idle for a few years before i got it. The peg that lifts the metal ramp flap was poking through the slot in the right hand metal guide (the shorter one of the 2) and was sitting under the flap. It seems like it's either not raising high enough (like the coil is not retracting the rod far enough) or the pivot arm that the peg is attached too is dropping back somewhat (doesn't look worn though)

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Two things - the ball guide location, and the location of the rod under the lifter ramp.
For the ball guide, check my post here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/20#post-4806407

For the lifter ramp rod - Take apart the whole thing and clean everything.
There should be no lubricant anywhere.
Replace the coil sleeve.
The arm at the top that does the ramp lifting, I had to stick it towards the outer edge of the groove, not seated all the way in.

#1233 4 years ago

There's a Black Rose for sale not too far away from me. Since this pin has a couple of unique things, are there parts I should double check when I'll take a look at it?

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from antinea:

There's a Black Rose for sale not too far away from me. Since this pin has a couple of unique things, are there parts I should double check when I'll take a look at it?

Inspect the entire cannon mechanism, look for cracks in the housing and ensure it works well
Wear above where it launches is common
Check the Davy Jones ramp lifts by itself and stays up
Otherwise check for errors and do a switch/coil/lamp test

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from antinea:

Cracks in the subway and the ramps (including behind the back wall). Check that the center shot's gate has a spring to close it quickly. Cannons are available so not the worst thing anymore if it's cracked.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Check that the center shot's gate has a spring

Tension spring for Gate is readily available as well

#1237 4 years ago

So i've cleaned the mech and polished up the metal brackets and reassembled it all and still no luck with this. Pic 2 and 3 show the mech in the up ramp position of the coil and you can see there's not enough height to allow the ball to travel underneath the entrance flap. Pic 4 shows the extra travel of the pivot arm when manually pushed back by hand, which seems to be where it should be located to allow the ball into the hole, letting go of the pivot arm makes it sink back to the height in Pic 2-3. Last pic shows that the lift pin of the pivot arm is underneath the support bracket (the part that the tension spring attaches too) that is under the metal ramp. I think it's assembled correctly but as this machine is new to me i can't be positive. Any ideas guys??
dudah i had a look at your post mate, think mine is correct to what you mention but possibly you can tell a bit more going off my pics.
DSC04837 (resized).JPGDSC04837 (resized).JPGDSC04838 (resized).JPGDSC04838 (resized).JPGDSC04839 (resized).JPGDSC04839 (resized).JPGDSC04840 (resized).JPGDSC04840 (resized).JPGDSC04841 (resized).JPGDSC04841 (resized).JPG

#1238 4 years ago

Do you have the correct plunger on that link? Seams like it is not pulling back enough. Or is something blocking the arms path.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Do you have the correct plunger on that link? Seams like it is not pulling back enough. Or is something blocking the arms path

Honestly not sure about the plunger, it was there when i got the machine but that's a definite possibility!! The pivot arm moves freely cause you can manually push it further forward like i have in Pic 4, which is where it should sit when open. It seems odd that it's natural resting point is lower back though, like the notch that is in the lower part of the pivot arm (where the piece of metal that attaches to the down ramp coil bracket sits into) is in the wrong place?
Edit* Just pulled the mech for another look and the plunger rod is the correct size according to the manual (2 - 1/4 inch) and the pivot arm doesn't appear terribly worn in that 'notch' area i mentioned. Kinda lost here for ideas at the moment

DSC04844 (resized).JPGDSC04844 (resized).JPG
#1240 4 years ago

Do other people have that spring? Mine doesn't...

#1241 4 years ago

Mine doesn’t have a spring either. Is the whole ramp just bent? When I got mine back together I did a little bending to get the shot to feel right. Here’s a couple pics of mine in the up and down positions.

373A13C1-F3C6-4275-BE1B-9E609EE38AAD (resized).jpeg373A13C1-F3C6-4275-BE1B-9E609EE38AAD (resized).jpeg833A2166-8EB8-4513-8265-77D50E285B95 (resized).jpeg833A2166-8EB8-4513-8265-77D50E285B95 (resized).jpegE53A227D-4B91-4917-A715-F65C4F83E270 (resized).jpegE53A227D-4B91-4917-A715-F65C4F83E270 (resized).jpeg
#1242 4 years ago

Can you take a better picture of the bottom of the ramp. I kind looks like the piece on the bottom of the ramp my be bent up against the ramp bottom.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Is the whole ramp just bent? When I got mine back together I did a little bending to get the shot to feel right. Here’s a couple pics of mine in the up and down positions

That's a possibility also! The ramp could have gotten bent when i was in the process of polishing up all the ball guides (and the metal ramp) on the buffing wheel. The position of your lift pin with the ramp up seems to be in the spot where mine is when manually pushed forward in my 4th pic though. That's leading me to think there's something up with my link maybe? Might be better looking at this again in the new light of day, getting late here.

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Can you take a better picture of the bottom of the ramp. I kind looks like the piece on the bottom of the ramp my be bent up against the ramp bottom.

This piece? i think it's about how it should be?

DSC04845 (resized).JPGDSC04845 (resized).JPG
#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

This piece? i think it's about how it should be?[quoted image]

Yes, And it looks good.

#1246 4 years ago

The horizontal bar that the ramp rests on needs to be higher up, closest to the end where you can secure it.
The arm that it's sitting in, it's currently too recessed.

#1247 4 years ago

First up, thanks everyone for suggestions/help so far!! An update on the lift ramp issue, got it sorted finally It took me far too long to realise that the real culprit was the L shaped bracket that the down coil attaches too (as pictured) It was bent in at the top which of course changes the angle of the dangle as they say Initially thought that the end piece that locks into the pivot arm was bent too far left or right.
The machine is pretty much up and running now, just some switch adjustments to sort BUT i'm still not happy with the cannon height adjustment. Now because i'm only going off where the cannon assembly was screwed on when i got the machine i've been wondering if it's correct?? As you can see in the 2 pics the rod adjusters are two to the left and one to the right, which makes the right hand side adjustment a PITA. I just can't find a happy medium front and back on that side
So is my assembly in the wrong spot as far as where the ring attaches to the underside? I created a mock up of how the rod adjusters are now (left side) and what i would think would be a more ideal position (right side). Is everyone's assembly in the same spot as mine? and thoughts on the suggested position would be greatly appreciated!

DSC04830 (resized).JPGDSC04830 (resized).JPGDSC04848 (resized).JPGDSC04848 (resized).JPGDSC04849 (resized).JPGDSC04849 (resized).JPGCannon adjustment rods (resized).jpgCannon adjustment rods (resized).jpg
#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

First up, thanks everyone for suggestions/help so far!! An update on the lift ramp issue, got it sorted finally It took me far too long to realise that the real culprit was the L shaped bracket that the down coil attaches too (as pictured) It was bent in at the top which of course changes the angle of the dangle as they say Initially thought that the end piece that locks into the pivot arm was bent too far left or right.
The machine is pretty much up and running now, just some switch adjustments to sort BUT i'm still not happy with the cannon height adjustment. Now because i'm only going off where the cannon assembly was screwed on when i got the machine i've been wondering if it's correct?? As you can see in the 2 pics the rod adjusters are two to the left and one to the right, which makes the right hand side adjustment a PITA. I just can't find a happy medium front and back on that side
So is my assembly in the wrong spot as far as where the ring attaches to the underside? I created a mock up of how the rod adjusters are now (left side) and what i would think would be a more ideal position (right side). Is everyone's assembly in the same spot as mine? and thoughts on the suggested position would be greatly appreciated![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My adjusters are at the same positions as yours, two on left and one to the right.

Why didnt they simply had four adjusters from factory....

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Why didnt they simply had four adjusters from factory

TOTALLY agree, 3 just doesn't make sense

#1250 4 years ago

My theory is they had to put in 3 rods vs 4 to let the cannon move enough of an angle to allow shots at all ramps and lanes. The back of the cannon mechanism can't clear the rod with the wires off the back....Mine is slightly off in that it is very hard to shoot the right lane that feeds the bumpers and much easier to shoot into the cove. Eventually, i may try to move the cannon rods so that the rod located at approx 7:00 in Mancave's current state drawing would end up at 7:30 or 8:00. Haven't really dug into how to properly adjust this yet but from what i can tell i don't have the clearance for that right shot unless i move it to 7:30 or 8:00 or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 34.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/25?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.