• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 38.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've really wanted a BR for quite a while - and I've recently gotten a number of plays on the new POTC. I've never played BR in person,
So I'm curious if there's any influence on Pirates

The maelstrom is basically like the whirlpool, including falling off down the middle.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

If you hard plunge, where should the ball go? Up davey Jones locker?

Yes, up and all around back unless the locker is open, then to cannon.

#953 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what part number this is? It’s common on balky Williams machines but I can’t seem to find out its name or part number

69F6058A-FF9E-4C15-AB8B-B2C7F831D957 (resized).jpeg69F6058A-FF9E-4C15-AB8B-B2C7F831D957 (resized).jpeg
#954 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

If I get enough interest I'll do a run.
Here's another photo with that same thin blue LED strip on the side.
[quoted image]

I would be interested in one of these also!

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

If you hard plunge, where should the ball go? Up davey Jones locker?

Mine never makes it up that ramp off the plunge....my flap lifts up on the left side of it so I’m wondering if that’s the cause.
The consensus is that it’s supposed to make the ramp and go up and around.

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Mine never makes it up that ramp off the plunge....my flap lifts up on the left side of it so I’m wondering if that’s the cause.
The consensus is that it’s supposed to make the ramp and go up and around.

My Davy Jones ramp wasn't going down all the way. I adjusted the ball guides best I could. Rebuilt and cleaned the mech. Adjusted the post that lifts the ramp. Ended up having to chop off part of the post rubber with a razor blade and haven't had any issues since.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

My Davy Jones ramp wasn't going down all the way. I adjusted the ball guides best I could. Rebuilt and cleaned the mech. Adjusted the post that lifts the ramp. Ended up having to chop off part of the post rubber with a razor blade and haven't had any issues since.

What did slicing part of the post rubber off help with ??

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Yes, up the locker and around the back. At least that's what it does for me. If I remember correctly the game is supposed to use the hardest type of spring (the red one?).

Actually, the manual calls for the blue one. Part number 10-148-3.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-3

#959 5 years ago

I decided to do some testing and it appears my plunger isn’t lining up with ball....hitting it off center and causing it to rattle off the ramp instead of up it. I manually shoved the ball up the plunger lane which hugged the right metal guide and it shot upnthe ramp smoothly several times.
Only problem when I pulled the PF up to adjust the plunger there is no way to center....not enough room there to adjust it perfect unfortunately.
I’ll keep playing with it now that I know the ball is supposed to shoot up n around the Davey ramp. I always short plunge to hit the left targets to get the locker opened early.

#960 5 years ago

What did slicing part of the post rubber off help with ??

I had this problem when i first got this game, and after my shop job. Assuming I bent the metal slightly. Took off the right ball guide on the Davey Jones ramp and bent it so it was straighter. Where the tab to mount to the playfield is, I slightly bent it away from the ramp. This metal bends fairly easy, so be slow and careful. I also gripped the Davey Jones ramp real good and twisted clockwise.
Had to skim off a bit of the post rubber, but now it fits perfectly!

My full power plunge no longer makes it up the Davey Jones ramp, I think I may have to carefully bend the 2 ball guides in the launcher lane.

IMG_20190126_104732 (resized).jpgIMG_20190126_104732 (resized).jpgIMG_20190126_104836 (resized).jpgIMG_20190126_104836 (resized).jpgIMG_20190126_104847 (resized).jpgIMG_20190126_104847 (resized).jpg
#961 5 years ago

Looking to join the club some day.. currently have an IMDN LE to trade if anyone is interested

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

currently have an IMDN LE to trade if anyone is interested

Sure! A 1 to 1 trade. I will ship my game from Norway ASAP!

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Sure! A 1 to 1 trade. I will ship my game from Norway ASAP!

Lol not exactly what I meant

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I had this problem when i first got this game, and after my shop job. Assuming I bent the metal slightly. Took off the right ball guide on the Davey Jones ramp and bent it so it was straighter. Where the tab to mount to the playfield is, I slightly bent it away from the ramp. This metal bends fairly easy, so be slow and careful. I also gripped the Davey Jones ramp real good and twisted clockwise.
Had to skim off a bit of the post rubber, but now it fits perfectly!
My full power plunge no longer makes it up the Davey Jones ramp, I think I may have to carefully bend the 2 ball guides in the launcher lane.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for info!!

I did some more testing and plunged the ball with the game off and noticed that the ball is smashing into the right davey lane guide off the plunge....you can see from this pic how the metal has been punished over time. This is my first time noticing it

I can still manually push the ball through the plunge lane and it goes up the ramp smoothly. When I plunge it it hits that guide.

B70B7F72-1A8D-4C6F-8C78-29A90045A744 (resized).jpegB70B7F72-1A8D-4C6F-8C78-29A90045A744 (resized).jpeg
#965 5 years ago

When I plunge it it hits that guide.

I adjusted the plunger yesterday, it was very simple. You have two screws to work with. And both are visible and adjustable right in the open without having to remove the plastic. Very easy.
Now my black rose is happy.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I adjusted the plunger yesterday, it was very simple. You have two screws to work with. And both are visible and adjustable right in the open without having to remove the plastic. Very easy.
Now my black rose is happy.

I didn’t say I couldn’t adjust it. It’s very easy. But they don’t give you enough room with the V shape hole to line up multiple positions. No amount of fiddling with it helped center my plunger with the ball....is what it is apparently.

#967 5 years ago

I didn’t say I couldn’t adjust it. It’s very easy. But they don’t give you enough room with the V shape hole to line up multiple positions. No amount of fiddling with it helped center my plunger with the ball....is what it is apparently.

I used to be able to hit the Davey Jones ramp on a full plunge. After shopping my game, it seems the top/right ball guide I bent a little bit and it biffs out. Going to adjust that a bit and dial it in.

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I used to be able to hit the Davey Jones ramp on a full plunge. After shopping my game, it seems the top/right ball guide I bent a little bit and it biffs out. Going to adjust that a bit and dial it in.

The Davey Jones guide or the rigt ball plunge guide?? I feel like if the plunge guide was bent inwards more it’d guide the ball more left than right towards the DJ ramp.

#969 5 years ago

Installing a SHAKER MOTOR

Hi guys, I was thinking about installing a shaker motor that would activate when a ship is sunk, but not sure how to activate it. I have noticed that the GI lights flash when a ship is sunk and was wondering if this could some how be used to activate the shaker?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

#970 5 years ago

I just put my BR back together. I'm getting some air balls off of clean strong hits. Sometimes hits the wireforms and duds out.
Assuming my Whirlpool isn't level?
It feels pretty level, I run my finger along the edge. Still slightly adjusted it and no better.
What am I missing?

#971 5 years ago

Can anyone photograph or explain how the Davey Jones Locker ramp is supposed to sit?
I reassembled mine and the ramp stays up even when the solenoid fires. I’m not sure how the metal guide underneath is supposed to sit

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone photograph or explain how the Davey Jones Locker ramp is supposed to sit?
I reassembled mine and the ramp stays up even when the solenoid fires. I’m not sure how the metal guide underneath is supposed to sit

Read my post #960 above

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Read my post #960 above

I had already read that post but it doesn’t help me as I need to know how it’s suppised to sit on the underside of the ramp. It sat perfectly before I pulled it out to shop.

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

It feels pretty level, I run my finger along the edge. Still slightly adjusted it and no better.
What am I missing?

i have the same problem with a NOS cannon i bought.

I had a strange problem today. The subway stopped the ball short of going into the cannon.
any suggestions?

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Actually, the manual calls for the blue one. Part number 10-148-3.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-3

I was doing some other BR maintenance today and verified that it is indeed the blue spring in the manual.

While wondering why I currently have a red spring installed I suddenly remembered that I previously had problems with the original blue spring not making the ball go all the way up the locker, but instead return back down the ramp and then drain directly through the right outlane. That behavior obviously sucks, so a red (harder) spring solved it and now a full plunge always goes up the locker and around the back for me, as I think it was intended to.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I was doing some other BR maintenance today and verified that it is indeed the blue spring in the manual.
While wondering why I currently have a red spring installed I suddenly remembered that I previously had problems with the original blue spring not making the ball go all the way up the locker, but instead return back down the ramp and then drain directly through the right outlane. That behavior obviously sucks, so a red (harder) spring solved it and now a full plunge always goes up the locker and around the back for me, as I think it was intended to.

Yes, it should make the whole loop. Glad the red one works for you.

#977 5 years ago

Hi Guys, I have a hole in my play field up by the pop bumpers. Is there supposed to be another post there?

IMG_2014[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2014[1] (resized).JPG
#978 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMadd220:

Hi Guys, I have a hole in my play field up by the pop bumpers. Is there supposed to be another post there?
[quoted image]

Yes there is a post, part number 02-3905

#979 5 years ago

Almost finished my restoration, powder coated the top of the backbox

7A68DA22-B6EE-414E-8D46-1E3D321F4004 (resized).jpeg7A68DA22-B6EE-414E-8D46-1E3D321F4004 (resized).jpeg
#980 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMadd220:

[quoted image]

As Allsportdvd also mentioned (but didn't show pic), you are missing this post:

BR (resized).jpgBR (resized).jpg

#981 5 years ago

To all having trouble entering the broadside hole consistently, make sure a) the wire gate has the small spring and b) the white rectangle insert at the entrance is leveled properly.

I added the missing spring a few months ago, and while it made the shots stay inside more often, many shots still failed to enter. I thought the problem was just generally too much "bouncing around" at the entrance (that I tried to fix with some self-adhesive dampening foam). But it turns out that my white lamp insert was raised about 1.5mm, which made many of the balls fly up and hit the top entrance part and then go back down the PF again.

After leveling the raised insert the game feels like a completely new game; I got two new high scores in the first 4-5 games after the fix

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes there is a post, part number 02-3905

Thanks for the help for that post number.

Lhyrgoif - thanks for the picture

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone tell me what part number this is? It’s common on balky Williams machines but I can’t seem to find out its name or part number
[quoted image]

The manual states it is part number 31-1009-20013. Also it is called a shooter gauge.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

As Allsportdvd also mentioned (but didn't show pic), you are missing this post:
[quoted image]

I wonder if they changed where that post was or did they make a mistake in the manual. It shows that post on the other side of the pop bumper right next to the broadside hole (number 6). So double post on back left side of pop bumper instead of on the front left side.

IMG_2018[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2018[1] (resized).JPG

1 week later
#985 5 years ago

Hi Guys, have another question on if a post should be in a certain location. On mine there is a screw that holds down the bracket for the one way gate in the shooter lane. Should there be a post there with a rubber instead?

IMG_2034[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2034[1] (resized).JPG
#986 5 years ago

Need a little help with my Black Rose cannon flasher.
My flasher quit working & discovered the red/white & blue/red were disconnected.
I attached these to each side of the flasher bulb & when I switched on the power nothing happened.
I checked the fuse on the power box & it was fine.
Where did I go wrong?

Attachment shows the wires.

Thanks

blackrose4 (resized).jpgblackrose4 (resized).jpg
#987 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMadd220:

Hi Guys, have another question on if a post should be in a certain location. On mine there is a screw that holds down the bracket for the one way gate in the shooter lane. Should there be a post there with a rubber instead?
[quoted image]

Yes, should be a post. Here's mine.

20190217_190021 (resized).jpg20190217_190021 (resized).jpg
#988 5 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Yes, should be a post. Here's mine.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the info and pic

1 week later
#989 5 years ago
Quoted from Secondplace:

Need a little help with my Black Rose cannon flasher.
My flasher quit working & discovered the red/white & blue/red were disconnected.
I attached these to each side of the flasher bulb & when I switched on the power nothing happened.
I checked the fuse on the power box & it was fine.
Where did I go wrong?
Attachment shows the wires.
Thanks[quoted image]

I checked my pin and I have the same connections as you, but mine works as it should.
To activate the flasher you have to load the cannon catapult with an actual ball (might be other ways too but that's the one I remember right now).

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#990 5 years ago

I saw these awesome black standard size pinballs (http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinballs/1662/pinball-27mm-black-pearl-high-gloss-low-magnetic) a while ago and as they would fit perfectly as cannon balls in my Black Rose I couldn't resist ordering them.

They arrived today and while I've only played like 20 minutes or so, I have to say they look really cool in the game!

The pinballs are a bit hard to see if not playing in a decently lit room though; the black balls are very hard to see properly if I turn off all lamps and play only in the light from my pins.

Will give it some more time/plays and see if I keep them in or not, but they will stay for now.

It looks awesome when the ball returns from the broadside shot and exits out of the "cannon" in the back

I did take some pictures, but as I was alone and tried to both play and hold the camera the photos are so-so. Anyway, they give you an idea of how it looks.

Edit: I have no idea how they will hold up over time regarding damage in the surface. Website doesn't recommend them in games with easily hit protruding metal parts, should be OK with this game I think though. Time will tell...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

This is how it looks below the Davy Jones locker for me. The metal pin at the right side is connected to the coil below. In normal play the pin is located as in the picture and the locker metal plate simply rests upon the pin, making balls able to go up. When the coil activates the pin slides upward and backwards, lifting the locker metal plate and giving access to the cannon hole. Hope this helps.

20190228_162349 (resized).jpg20190228_162349 (resized).jpg
#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This is how it looks below the Davy Jones locker for me. The metal pin at the right side is connected to the coil below. In normal play the pin is located as in the picture and the locker metal plate simply rests upon the pin, making balls able to go up. When the coil activates the pin slides upward and backwards, lifting the locker metal plate and giving access to the cannon hole. Hope this helps.[quoted image]

Thanks. I realised the bracket under my ramp is not original, problem solved.

On the subject of black balls, I put those balls in mine and after 30 mins of play they had scratches on them.

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks. I realised the bracket under my ramp is not original, problem solved.
On the subject of black balls, I put those balls in mine and after 30 mins of play they had scratches on them.

Playing over an hour total now, still no visible damage/scratches to the pinballs. Will see how they develop...

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I checked my pin and I have the same connections as you, but mine works as it should.
To activate the flasher you have to load the cannon catapult with an actual ball (might be other ways too but that's the one I remember right now).[quoted image]

Thank you for your reply & picture.
That confirmed what I suspected & I will reattach the wires.
Now just need to figure out why the game lost power.
Thanks again.

#995 5 years ago

This switch in the lock section keeps getting pushed to the side causing balls to get stuck and a real pain in my ass.
Straightened it out when I shopped it out recently and it came back, what am I missing?

IMG_20190303_200558 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_200558 (resized).jpg
#996 5 years ago

I've never seen a switch with the wire bent up like that. Are you sure the wireform is not installed upside down? Usually, the tale is pointing under the playfield.

Lift the hood and compare the wireform to other wireform switches.

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

This switch in the lock section keeps getting pushed to the side causing balls to get stuck and a real pain in my ass.
Straightened it out when I shopped it out recently and it came back, what am I missing?
[quoted image]

Here is what mine look like. Make sure to bend wire so the tail is below slit cut out.

As you can see by my pic I had same problem.

6B7BC137-F3AC-461F-AE8D-936E68205739 (resized).jpeg6B7BC137-F3AC-461F-AE8D-936E68205739 (resized).jpeg
#998 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Here is what mine look like. Make sure to bend wire so the tail is below slit cut out.
As you can see by my pic I had same problem.
[quoted image]

Omg, that playfield is literally screaming for a bottle of Novus

#999 5 years ago

It is a German reimport in process of restoration. Had a ton of stripped post holes. Fixing all that before I completly strip it.

3 weeks later
#1000 5 years ago

Hello to all

We are opening a pre-order list for Black Rose repro Playfield.
The Playfield will be printed with the original artwork films that Bally Williams used and in genuine
Silk Screening.
Price is not fix yet, roughly 650 -700 Euro
If you are interested, then please send me an Email directly to [email protected] with your Postal address.

Regards from Hamburg
Leon & Peter
www.buthamburg.de

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/20?hl=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.