• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg

There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 38.
#801 5 years ago

If it was in the atlanta area I would have no problem paying 2800 to 3000 for it with those mods. I cant seem to find one around here.

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Just wanted to price check Black Rose here with you guys... I put mine up for trade recently and got back some interesting offers. So for starters I know I put in a lot of mods on mine and I will never get that value back. I get that. I accept that, but some of the offers I got were kind of insulting and it stung a bit. Has the market for this pin dropped?
My Black Rose
Coin Taker Non Ghosting LEDS
Mirrored sides
Color DMD
Pin-stadium Lights
Cannon Cliffy
Good-Great condition regarding the playfield
No color fade on the side of the Cab.
Everything works as it should.
Battery pack mod
My offers where $1500 (I have had multiple offers for this), $1800, $2000 (about 6 offers), Straight up trade for a Jokerz, Straight up trade for a Sharkey's Shootout, Straight up trade for an NBA Fastbreak (in rough condition).
I am not ashamed to say I bought the game for $2800 and put in a pretty penny on the mods. So I was a little taken back. Are these people just low balling badly? I assume its worth is still around $2400-$3000 depending on mods and what shape the pin is in.
I don't know what do you guys think???

Very Fair pricing! Stay the course, they all sell eventually to the right buyer.

#803 5 years ago

Prices here in Sweden have just gone crazy, with those mods you would get ~3750 easily around here.
Good luck with the sell.

#804 5 years ago

Just wanted to price check Black Rose here with you guys... I put mine up for trade recently and got back some interesting offers. So for starters I know I put in a lot of mods on mine and I will never get that value back. I get that. I accept that, but some of the offers I got were kind of insulting and it stung a bit. Has the market for this pin dropped?
My Black Rose
Mirrored sides
Color DMD
Pin-stadium Lights
Cannon Cliffy
Battery pack mod
My offers where $1500 (I have had multiple offers for this), $1800, $2000 (about 6 offers), Straight up trade for a Jokerz, Straight up trade for a Sharkey's Shootout, Straight up trade for an NBA Fastbreak (in rough condition).
I am not ashamed to say I bought the game for $2800 and put in a pretty penny on the mods. So I was a little taken back. Are these people just low balling badly? I assume its worth is still around $2400-$3000 depending on mods and what shape the pin is in.

If you really plan on trading it, I would pull out all the mods I can, especially the ColorDMD. Removing these items likely will not affect your trade value under normal circumstances.

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you really plan on trading it, I would pull out all the mods I can, especially the ColorDMD. Removing these items likely will not affect your trade value under normal circumstances.

Good point,

I'm not trading it anymore. But if I ever do want to I will have to take you up on it. Thanks for the responses guys. Now I know I am not losing my mind.

#806 5 years ago

My Black Rose
Mirrored sides
Color DMD
Pin-stadium Lights
Cannon Cliffy
Battery pack mod

Just bargain hunters - ignore them; they know their offers are a long shot

#807 5 years ago

Well, and finally I printed trasnlite in backlite. This was result:

"Black Rose Pinball Translite" (BALLY) reproduction printed in HQ backlite (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20Translite%20print1.JPG

"Black Rose Pinball Translite" (BALLY) reproduction printed in HQ backlite (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20Translite%20print2.JPG

"Black Rose Pinball Translite" (BALLY) reproduction printed in HQ backlite (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20Translite%20print3.JPG

Black Rose Pinball Translite print1.JPGBlack Rose Pinball Translite print1.JPGBlack Rose Pinball Translite print2.JPGBlack Rose Pinball Translite print2.JPGBlack Rose Pinball Translite print3.JPGBlack Rose Pinball Translite print3.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

You can see "Black Rose" digital restoration details here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/16#post-4516553

My original with damages here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/16#post-4505911

Regards

2 weeks later
#809 5 years ago

Good point,
I'm not trading it anymore. But if I ever do want to I will have to take you up on it. Thanks for the responses guys. Now I know I am not losing my mind.

I hope you are still enjoying your game, especially with the ColorDMD. My game is on loan 2 hours away and I would not be able to appreciate color if I was to get one for the game.

#810 5 years ago

I hope you are still enjoying your game, especially with the ColorDMD. My game is on loan 2 hours away and I would not be able to appreciate color if I was to get one for the game.

Yes I love the game... the main hang up I have is those damn worthless sdtm shots I get when the cannon isn't 100% level. I mean that thing could be level one day and then just be slightly off the next. The ball hits the bottom rim of the plastic and boom it throws the ball way off. It is enough to drive a guy mad. Plus it's such a pain to get that canon leveled just right to then lower the playfield and notice it moved slightly.

Anyway, I was just curious about my trade options. Then people started throwing prices at me. I must admit my pinball obsession is real. Looking for pin number 2 and I think I know what I want I just need to get my funds built up a bit. But no I am not selling my Black Rose and the color dmd is cool, but those Pinstadium lights are what really brought that machine to life.

#811 5 years ago

Yes I love the game... the main hang up I have is those damn worthless drains I get when the cannon isn't 100% level. I mean that thing could be level one day and then just be slightly off the next. The ball hits the bottom rim of the plastic and boom it throws the ball way off. It is enough to drive a guy mad. Plus it's such a pain to get that canon leveled just right to then lower the playfield and notice it moved slightly.

I ended up just leaving it a tiny bit loose, then I reach in through the coin door and adjust it by hand as needed.

#812 5 years ago

Yes I love the game... the main hang up I have is those damn worthless sdtm shots I get when the cannon isn't 100% level. I mean that thing could be level one day and then just be slightly off the next. The ball hits the bottom rim of the plastic and boom it throws the ball way off. It is enough to drive a guy mad. Plus it's such a pain to get that canon leveled just right to then lower the playfield and notice it moved slightly.
Anyway, I was just curious about my trade options. Then people started throwing prices at me. I must admit my pinball obsession is real. Looking for pin number 2 and I think I know what I want I just need to get my funds built up a bit. But no I am not selling my Black Rose and the color dmd is cool, but those Pinstadium lights are what really brought that machine to life.

I don't mind it, adds some randomness. Similar to the spinning lamp in TOTAN - sometimes it helps you and sometimes it don't

#813 5 years ago

Join the club today. But it has a few issues. The major one is the dmd is not showing up correctly. The left half shows great the right side is messed up missing dots and lines. I check the common stuff first and no luck. Checked the ribbon cables, power cables ,fuses, and the dmd itself(had a spare on the shelf). I fill like it's a board issue but not sure where to start. I don't want to start pulling chips guessing in the dark. And ideas?

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Join the club today. But it has a few issues. The major one is the dmd is not showing up correctly. The left half shows great the right side is messed up missing dots and lines. I check the common stuff first and no luck. Checked the ribbon cables, power cables ,fuses, and the dmd itself(had a spare on the shelf). I fill like it's a board issue but not sure where to start. I don't want to start pulling chips guessing in the dark. And ideas?

Tried the display test? I think it has a ram check in there. Or another dmd driver to swap in?

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tried the display test? I think it has a ram check in there. Or another dmd driver to swap in?

Did it. Yea the right was acting up, blinking , flashing. And we it got done. Page error b(1). Cant read the rest though

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Great post. If these were in stock id pick one up. Im going to see Marco Sat, going to bug him for about a dozen parts.

The correct parts are: 12-6971 Gate, 10-434 torsion Spring

BR Gate & Spring (resized).jpgBR Gate & Spring (resized).jpg
#818 5 years ago

About that 2 color GI. I have all white currently. I would like to swap some of them to red. How do I know which ones are supposed to be red? I could not find a mention in the manual. Neither could I find a separate GI test in the game menu.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

About that 2 color GI. I have all white currently. I would like to swap some of them to red. How do I know which ones are supposed to be red? I could not find a mention in the manual. Neither could I find a separate GI test in the game menu.

Those lamps are marked with a little 'R' on the playfield if I remember correctly

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

The correct parts are: 12-6971 Gate, 10-434 torsion Spring

I'm also having problems with the ball bouncing out of the center hole. I've always assumed the wire gates purpose was to hold the ball in but didn't realize it also should have a spring attached for faster "closing" (a spring which my game is missing of course). Great post above for mentioning that

Just ordered the part from Marco but now I'm planning on how to actually mount the actual spring. I've never removed the whole playfield on any pin and I assume this must be done to get proper access to the backside of the PF (the backside of the wooden board at the back). I tried googling on the topic but all responses was either some video there they used expensive carts to lower the pin first or raise the PF with hooks in the ceiling, both options not available to me.

My plan is to have a friend help me and we both stand at each side and lift the PF out, but at what angle should it be ? I've seen posts mentioning lifting up PF from normal play-position, at 75 degrees up and also from a standing ~90 angle and all these different answers confuses me.

Edit: Also, is the cables long enough so that I can put the PF on the floor beside, alternatively on a table standing beside the game or do I have to unplug them all first?

Any help is welcome.

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm also having problems with the ball bouncing out of the center hole. I've always assumed the wire gates purpose was to hold the ball in but didn't realize it also should have a spring attached for faster "closing" (a spring which my game is missing of course). Great post above for mentioning that
Just ordered the part from Marco but now I'm planning on how to actually mount the actual spring. I've never removed the whole playfield on any pin and I assume this must be done to get proper access to the backside of the PF (the backside of the wooden board at the back). I tried googling on the topic but all responses was either some video there they used expensive carts to lower the pin first or raise the PF with hooks in the ceiling, both options not available to me.
My plan is to have a friend help me and we both stand at each side and lift the PF out, but at what angle should it be ? I've seen posts mentioning lifting up PF from normal play-position, at 75 degrees up and also from a standing ~90 angle and all these different answers confuses me.
Any help is welcome.

I was able to get the playfield off its hinges, then pull it out about a foot and access the back that way. If you look at the hinges you'll see what angle you have to hold the playfield at to lift it off them

#822 5 years ago

Hey guys!

I picked up a Black Rose that I knew in advance would be a project, and I love a challenge, so here we are.

The only thing remaining is that I can't get the cannon to oscillate correctly. The manual says it should be able to make every shot, but mine can't reach the left or right orbits.

Inspecting the motor, It looks like the cannon shaft linkage is different from the (very few) photos I can find online; it's not the same part.

Is it possible that someone replaced it with something that has the wrong radius?

Any help is appreciated. BR is great but I feel like I'm missing something without this.

IMG_5120 (resized).JPGIMG_5120 (resized).JPGIMG_5121 (resized).JPGIMG_5121 (resized).JPG
#823 5 years ago

Did you look back at the posts starting at #180 similar questions was asked

#824 5 years ago

My cannon out the blue quit moving from side to side is their a fuse for it all it will do is fire but will not move at all

#825 5 years ago

Found out the problem how far should it rotate to the whirlpool shot and stop to the right and to the ramp shot to the left or is it supposed to go all the way to the last shot past the whirlpool

#826 5 years ago

Mine goes from the left ramp (not the ball lock) to the whirlpool.

#827 5 years ago

Mine goes from the left ramp (not the ball lock) to the whirlpool.

That is the movement. Left ramp to whirlpool. No more.

#828 5 years ago

Mine goes ball lock to right orbit (barely). It has to go to the ball lock, that's where the video mode shot is.

#829 5 years ago

Anyone no where I can get the canning decal mines faded bad

#830 5 years ago

Know where the cannon

#831 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That is the movement. Left ramp to whirlpool. No more.

Ah, see that's where I'm confused. As you stated, this is what mine does. But page K in the manual (page 15 in the PDF) shows it able to make all the shots from left to right.

As with @fishbone's game, my pivot is 12.5mm center/center from the turret shaft. Wouldn't it have to be a bit closer to get a more dramatic swing?

I don't really know where to go with this next. Does /anybody/ have a BR that oscillates across all the shots?

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from triggur:

Ah, see that's where I'm confused. As you stated, this is what mine does. But page K in the manual (page 15 in the PDF) shows it able to make all the shots from left to right.
As with fishbone's game, my pivot is 12.5mm center/center from the turret shaft. Wouldn't it have to be a bit closer to get a more dramatic swing?
I don't really know where to go with this next. Does /anybody/ have a BR that oscillates across all the shots?

Can you highlight on your picture what exactly you're measuring? I can try to confirm on mine

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine goes ball lock to right orbit (barely). It has to go to the ball lock, that's where the video mode shot is.

I noticed that last night while I was playing... I just shrugged my shoulders because the cannon doesn't move that far. I don't know. Does anyones cannon hit all the shots?

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Can you elaborate on that shot? I’ve always assumed Broadside is the intended canon shot but that is way more interesting.

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Can you elaborate on that shot? I’ve always assumed Broadside is the intended canon shot but that is way more interesting.

Every cannon level has some shots flashing. Some are all shots, some are only the 3 banks. Video mode (level 2) flashes the broadside and the left lock shot (the only ones that can 'hold' the ball while you play video mode). I always go for the lock shot because it's pretty much impossible to miss.

#837 5 years ago

Mine goes to the ball lock and I also shoot all shots for video mode to the ball lock since it's hard to miss

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Can you highlight on your picture what exactly you're measuring? I can try to confirm on mine

Here's the manual. It shows being able to hit all the shots with the cannon.

3158F299-A041-49A1-A1FB-92C92FD31758 (resized).jpeg3158F299-A041-49A1-A1FB-92C92FD31758 (resized).jpeg
#839 5 years ago
Quoted from triggur:

Here's the manual. It shows being able to hit all the shots with the cannon.[quoted image]

I mean on the mech

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Oops, sorry...

2D522CB4-AA9E-46FA-8A1A-A4DE3EACD382 (resized).jpeg2D522CB4-AA9E-46FA-8A1A-A4DE3EACD382 (resized).jpeg
#841 5 years ago

I dont know how that is possible not enough range of motion to hit the side 2

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I dont know how that is possible not enough range of motion to hit the side 2

There's plenty or range, something must be wrong with yours...

Here's pics of mine at the extremes. Note the alignment on the 'compass'
IMG_20180904_174050 (resized).jpgIMG_20180904_174050 (resized).jpgIMG_20180904_174104 (resized).jpgIMG_20180904_174104 (resized).jpg

Quoted from triggur:

Oops, sorry...
[quoted image]

Same as mine :/

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has the same range of motion as in your pictures

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Well, neat. Now that I get it all back together, it works fine, from lock to right orbit. No idea why it wasn't working before.

Yay! Thanks guys.

#845 5 years ago

For some reason my black rose wont save the setting. I have to put it on free play every time I boot it up. I replace the battery holder, new batteries,look for corrosion and just installed a new 6424 ram chip. And still now luck. Any ideas on what to do next?

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

For some reason my black rose wont save the setting. I have to put it on free play every time I boot it up. I replace the battery holder, new batteries,look for corrosion and just installed a new 6424 ram chip. And still now luck. Any ideas on what to do next?

I had a similar issue. I sent the CPU board away and $80 later it was all fixed. (tech guy said it was a transistor and diode problem also ribbon cable header)

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I had a similar issue. I sent the CPU board away and $80 later it was all fixed. (tech guy said it was a transistor and diode problem also ribbon cable header)

Hmmm. I would prefer not to send it off. I wonder what diodes it was.

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Add replacing d2 with a new diode. Still no luck. I wonder if a pintech nvram would do the trick.

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Add replacing d2 with a new diode. Still no luck. I wonder if a pintech nvram would do the trick.

NVRAM should do the trick for holding settings. Can you post a picture of your MPU board please?
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Do you need some help with it being installed? I could do that for you.

#850 5 years ago

NVRAM should do the trick for holding settings. Can you post a picture of your MPU board please?
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php
Do you need some help with it being installed? I could do that for you.

Yea I will post a pic tonight. I am just trying to find a solution. It's a pain to turn on freeplay every time you power on the game. Seems like I have replaced the common issues and it's still not saving. I did put a socket in when I added the new ram chip so adding the nvram should be easy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/17?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.