• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 38.
#751 5 years ago

Has anyone made a custom translite? I'm not a fan of the stock one...

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm assuming you did this from under the playfield?

Yes, I removed the whole assembly from underneath. If you have some small wrenches you may be able to adjust the lifter arm from the top without removing anything.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

What about everyone else?if you don't have diamond plate maybe they did them in runs with slightly different hatdware.

I have the hex post and Do Not have Diamondplate on my playfield. Plastic near it looks broken also but i guess it isn't.

20180710_191921 (resized).jpg20180710_191921 (resized).jpg
#754 5 years ago

...and here is my scanned file for start to work:

"Black Rose Pinball Translite" (BALLY) scanned at 600 dpi. In restoration process Mikonos & Zona Arcade
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20Translite%20in%20restoration%20process%20Mikonos1.jpg
Black Rose Pinball Translite in restoration process Mikonos.jpgBlack Rose Pinball Translite in restoration process Mikonos.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Has anyone made a custom translite? I'm not a fan of the stock one...

Yeah, it's pretty ugly... I would buy a custom one today if I knew they existed. I mean the Translite doesn't even match the rest of the Artwork!

#756 5 years ago

dudah thanks for the help but all it did was make my back hurt from hunching lol.I cleaned it all up and put it back together and still won't catch unless I take the weight off the mech or add weight so I put a small strip of cushion tape under the ramp on the little bracket that the mech pushes up and it works perfect. I almost tried that first but I wanted to fix it the "right" way.

#757 5 years ago

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

...and here is my scanned file for start to work:

My translite has been damaged as well. I'm very interested in how this project turns out. Good luck!

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

My translite has been damaged as well. I'm very interested in how this project turns out. Good luck!

Ok, IN_Pins!

When I have advances, I will show them here (in my base thread later).

I´m working in custom pinball cards for this pinball too.

If people wants to know my skills for this restoration, this is my base thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos

Regards

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Ok, IN_Pins!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos
Regards

And keep your updates there please.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Ok, IN_Pins!
Regards

Nice looking cards Mikonos...please keep your updates here!! I enjoyed reading through your thread...I hadn’t seen it before. I look forward to your BR cards!

#762 5 years ago

Thanks, Pinballerchef!

Don´t worry, I´m determined to show all about Black Rose Pinball from me here!

I have taken a picture of this translite´s damages to show you what I have to repair.

Best regards!

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks, Pinballerchef!
Don´t worry, I´m determined to show all about Black Rose Pinball from me here!
I have taken a picture of this translite´s damages to show you what I have to repair.
Best regards!

Im ok with pin appropriate updates in game threads. Thats what these threads are for.
PPS aint making Black Rose Translites!

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

PPS aint making Black Rose Translites!

Not canon bodies either it seems (he said with an angry fist )

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Not canon bodies either it seems (he said with an angry fist )

I know, almost 2 years of promises for a cannon shell and still nothing.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I know, almost 2 years of promises for a cannon shell and still nothing.

What happened to the guy 3D printing them?

Any tricks to reinforce my currently good one to make sure it lasts?

#767 5 years ago

Click on Add to Wait list and add your email address to the list. Hopefully it will help get a run made. http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-BR03-85XX

1 week later
#768 5 years ago

Hi guys. Just joined the club with a slight project.
Could someone be kind enough to show me a picture of broadside hole (where you are supposed to shoot with cannon). I think I’m missing something there, since it rearly catches the ball. It only catches it when ball slowly rolls there. Most of the time it just bounces back down.

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Could someone be kind enough to show me a picture of broadside hole (where you are supposed to shoot with cannon). I think I’m missing something there, since it rearly catches the ball. It only catches it when ball slowly rolls there. Most of the time it just bounces back down.

Tough for me to get picture today. But i know there's a wire gate up there that helps catch ball. Do you have a manual yet?
If i knew part Id suggest marcos.

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Does yours have the wire gate and the post in the back? Mine was missing the gate. After adding it it's been near 100%

#771 5 years ago

Hi,
I just bought a set of new plastics for BR, but I have these 2 clear plastics left and I am wondering where they supposed to go, if they go somewhere...thanks.

IMG_20180722_183629 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_183629 (resized).jpg
#772 5 years ago

the long clear plastic goes on the ramp that goes behind the back box

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does yours have the wire gate and the post in the back? Mine was missing the gate. After adding it it's been near 100%

It has the gate, but it does not do it’s job very well. Only works if ball rolls there super slow. What kind of post is supposed to be there? I can imagine that there is supposed to be something soft that slows the ball down so that the gate has time to close.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

It has the gate, but it does not do it’s job very well. Only works if ball rolls there super slow. What kind of post is supposed to be there? I can imagine that there is supposed to be something soft that slows the ball down so that the gate has time to close.

Does your gate have a spring? I don't really know if the post helps at all, but it's just a straight post with a rubber sleeve on it iirc

#775 5 years ago

These are some of damages in "Black Rose Pinball Translite" for restoring in my original:

"Black Rose Translite" (BALLY) damages (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20translite%20damaged1.JPG

"Black Rose Translite" (BALLY) damages (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20translite%20damaged2.JPG

Regards

Black Rose Pinball translite damaged1.JPGBlack Rose Pinball translite damaged1.JPGBlack Rose Pinball translite damaged2.JPGBlack Rose Pinball translite damaged2.JPG
#776 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does your gate have a spring? I don't really know if the post helps at all, but it's just a straight post with a rubber sleeve on it iirc

No spring on the gate. I can see the hole for the post but I doubt it would help.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

No spring on the gate. I can see the hole for the post but I doubt it would help.

The spring is what's important. Not sure where you could get one through

#778 5 years ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14868

Marco has one listed here for reference. Definitely has a spring. I don't see why a one way gate with roughly the same dimensions wouldn't work.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14868
Marco has one listed here for reference. Definitely has a spring. I don't see why a one way gate with roughly the same dimensions wouldn't work.

Great post. If these were in stock id pick one up. Im going to see Marco Sat, going to bug him for about a dozen parts.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I don't see why a one way gate with roughly the same dimensions wouldn't work.

The ball bounces back out too fast

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The ball bounces back out too fast

Thanks for the replies. I think that spring would solve the problem. How to remove that big broadside rear end plastic that covers the gate? I removed those 3 visible screws, but it did not move one bit.

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Thanks for the replies. I think that spring would solve the problem. How to remove that big broadside rear end plastic that covers the gate? I removed those 3 visible screws, but it did not move one bit.

I don't think removing the plastic will help, it's got the back wall behind it. I replaced mine by removing the white ramp behind the wall, then removing the metal guide and wireform

1 week later
#783 5 years ago

I finished with "Black Rose Pinball Translite" restoration, it is perfect now!

"Black Rose Pinball Translite" (BALLY) scanned at 600 dpi. Restored by Mikonos & Zona Arcade
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Black Rose Pinball Translite" (BALLY) scanned at 600 dpi. Restored by Mikonos & Zona Arcade
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "Black Rose Pinball Translite" (BALLY) scanned at 600 dpi. Restored by Mikonos & Zona Arcade
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Black%20Rose%20Pinball%20Translite.%20Mikonos3.jpg

Black Rose Pinball Translite. Mikonos1.jpgBlack Rose Pinball Translite. Mikonos1.jpgBlack Rose Pinball Translite. Mikonos2.jpgBlack Rose Pinball Translite. Mikonos2.jpgBlack Rose Pinball Translite. Mikonos3.jpgBlack Rose Pinball Translite. Mikonos3.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#784 5 years ago

After 2 years of search, I finally joined the club!
As I wanted to keep this one, I fully restored it from head to toes. Touched up playfield and clearcoated, not the perfection but much more better than before.

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpgC1 (resized).jpgC1 (resized).jpg
#785 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

After 2 years of search, I finally joined the club!
As I wanted to keep this one, I fully restored it from head to toes. Touched up playfield and clearcoated, not the perfection but much more better than before.

Beautiful! I want to clear coat my game but I have the giant factory mylar installed (also not diamond plate). Does anyone have any success in removing the mylar without any paint?

#786 5 years ago

Probably one of the few games I own that I'd consider a CPR/etc playfield for, hmm

#787 5 years ago

That "S I N K S H I P" has to be the nicest I've ever seen. Bellissimo!

#788 5 years ago

Great game. I just bought one last week. My first ‘older’ pin. Quick question. I can’t figure out how to turn the knocker off. It terrifies my dogs and there is an adjustment in the menu of all my modern games. Can’t seem to find it in this menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Great game. I just bought one last week. My first ‘older’ pin. Quick question. I can’t figure out how to turn the knocker off. It terrifies my dogs and there is an adjustment in the menu of all my modern games. Can’t seem to find it in this menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your going to have to pull translight to backbox and unplug it. Don't recall knocker in menu.

#790 5 years ago

I looked for BR for a while too. 2 weeks ago I got a chance to buy one. It was in a rough condition (except for playfield). But as I intended to keep it, I decided to restore it.

This is what I started with (8 pictures in an album):
https://aijaa.com/pq4GNT

And this was after a 3 days of paint jobs (4 pictures):
https://aijaa.com/PS7qPD

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Beautiful! I want to clear coat my game but I have the giant factory mylar installed (also not diamond plate). Does anyone have any success in removing the mylar without any paint?

please do not remove it. The first playfield I had, had a factory mylar installed, and when I tried to remove it, all the inserts came with it...better leave it as is and wait for a reproduction playfield or inserts decals made one day... maybe a good polish also?

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

please do not remove it. The first playfield I had, had a factory mylar installed, and when I tried to remove it, all the inserts came with it...better leave it as is and wait for a reproduction playfield or inserts decals made one day... maybe a good polish also?

It can be done, but it's tricky. You have to freeze the mylar and pull it off rapidly. It will leave the adhesive on the playfield (you'll clean it up with another stuff afterwards). Full playfield mylar is not the one you should practice on though.

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

You have to freeze the mylar and pull it off rapidly

I guess we all do things diffrently, but thats just crazy advice in my humble opinion.

If your going to remove mylar with the freeze method (which usually is the best method on games from this era) dont just rip it off, TAKE YOUR TIME.
Make sure the adhesive has frozen and pull slowly. Freeze, pull, repeat. Dont rush things like this.

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

I guess we all do things diffrently, but thats just crazy advice in my humble opinion.
If your going to remove mylar with the freeze method (which usually is the best method on games from this era) dont just rip it off, TAKE YOUR TIME.
Make sure the adhesive has frozen and pull slowly. Freeze, pull, repeat. Dont rush things like this.

Seconding this. You have to go very slow - a lot of times it’s hard to tell if you’ve successfully frozen off the adhesive, and you pull too hard, too fast and ... lifted insert decals..

#795 5 years ago

My experiences have been exact opposite. Freeze separates mylar from adhesive, not adhesive from playfield. I do a small area at a time of course, but if I lift mylar slowly it will pull the adhesive too. And thats what you want to avoid.
I ruined 2 inserts practising slowly. And after that I started doing it faster. No problems since.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

My experiences have been exact opposite. Freeze separates mylar from adhesive, not adhesive from playfield. I do a small area at a time of course, but if I lift mylar slowly it will pull the adhesive too. And thats what you want to avoid.
I ruined 2 inserts practising slowly. And after that I started doing it faster. No problems since.

I followed Vid's guide - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-547712

He doesn't really specify, just states to " Carefully peel the film back a section at a time." I interpreted this as "go slowly!" and it so far has worked well

#797 5 years ago

Inserts can be peeled off slowly too.

It’s important to not use too much force. If mylar is frozen properly, it will peel off quite easily.
If you haven’t done it before, practice on an area that has no inserts.

#798 5 years ago

Just wanted to price check Black Rose here with you guys... I put mine up for trade recently and got back some interesting offers. So for starters I know I put in a lot of mods on mine and I will never get that value back. I get that. I accept that, but some of the offers I got were kind of insulting and it stung a bit. Has the market for this pin dropped?

My Black Rose
Coin Taker Non Ghosting LEDS
Mirrored sides
Color DMD
Pin-stadium Lights
Cannon Cliffy
Good-Great condition regarding the playfield
No color fade on the side of the Cab.
Everything works as it should.
Battery pack mod

My offers where $1500 (I have had multiple offers for this), $1800, $2000 (about 6 offers), Straight up trade for a Jokerz, Straight up trade for a Sharkey's Shootout, Straight up trade for an NBA Fastbreak (in rough condition).

I am not ashamed to say I bought the game for $2800 and put in a pretty penny on the mods. So I was a little taken back. Are these people just low balling badly? I assume its worth is still around $2400-$3000 depending on mods and what shape the pin is in.

I don't know what do you guys think???

#799 5 years ago

Even a beat up stock one I'd expect ~$2k.

#800 5 years ago

I paid 2600 for mine with faded cab,near perfect diamond plated playfield,art blades and led and in felt ingot a very fair deal so 3k is not a crazy price imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/16?hl=in_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.