• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 38.
#701 6 years ago

Thanks - my OCD levels have returned to normal.

1 week later
#702 6 years ago

Hey guys,

Do you know where to find ramp flaps? I usually get flaps from Pinbits but they don't have them for Black Rose.
Maybe it uses flaps similar to another machine? Does anybody have experience with getting new flaps for their game?

Cheers!

#703 6 years ago

Hi guys, I've installed the new colour DMD and it looks fabulous. If your thinking of doing the same you will need to take of the dmd controller board and mount it somewhere else or it won't fit behind the back glass. This is how I mounted mine

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#704 6 years ago

That's exactly where mine is..

#705 6 years ago

I’m looking for the trim piece that the back glass sits in. It’s part starts with 03-8230 but I’m not sure which of the 3 varieties listed on the planetary site is the right one. Anyone parted out a BR recently?

If nothing else if someone can identify exactly which part it is I’d appreciate that too.

Thanks,

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_Yellow_16-9147-B/index.html#/186/

81483309-79D8-491C-8B11-0833F8089CC3 (resized).png81483309-79D8-491C-8B11-0833F8089CC3 (resized).png

#706 6 years ago

The part is 03-8230-3, and is also used on Harley Davidson, Party Zone, Radical!, Gilligan's Island, Bugs Bunny along with Black Rose. Any hints or leads appreciated...

#707 6 years ago

I guess I thought these were all pretty much interchangeable? Does BR need a special one because of the middle shot?

#708 6 years ago

Nope - the other machines that use the same part don't have a middle shot.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Nope - the other machines that use the same part don't have a middle shot.

Ill check tonight when i get home. Considering ive had all those titles mentioned except HD, for the life of me i cant picture the difference. GI and BR are sitting next to each other, now i have to look, to curious.

1 week later
#710 6 years ago

This is my first post.
I have had my Black Rose for about 10 years.
I joined because I am looking for some advise.
My back trough(inside the ship) is cracked. They are currently not available so I am going to have to repair it. What is the best way to get access to it?
From what I can tell, it looks to be cracked. I discovered that it was damaged because it was dropping balls.
Any advise would be appreciated.

#711 6 years ago

Could someone please ask Rick from Planetary how the canon body is moving along?
I have already pestered him a few times about it.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Secondplace:

This is my first post.
I have had my Black Rose for about 10 years.
I joined because I am looking for some advise.
My back trough(inside the ship) is cracked. They are currently not available so I am going to have to repair it. What is the best way to get access to it?
From what I can tell, it looks to be cracked. I discovered that it was damaged because it was dropping balls.
Any advise would be appreciated.

If your talking about the plastic habitrail that carries the ball from the left ramp to the right upper playfield, I had to unhinge my playfield and move it forward to access the back area on my Black Rose. I folded an old blanket until it was nice and thick and laid it over the lockdown bar receiver to protect the playfield and cabinet, and I was very careful about what part of the playfield I laid on the cabinet (Don't lay it on the cannon!).

#713 6 years ago

Electronmagic

Thank you for the reply.
Did you have to disconnect any of the wiring?
I have already rebuilt the cannon, and will be careful not to have to do it again.

#714 6 years ago

Nope, the wires can stay connected.

#715 6 years ago

Thanks' for the info.

#716 6 years ago

The part is 03-8230-3, and is also used on Harley Davidson, Party Zone, Radical!, Gilligan's Island, Bugs Bunny along with Black Rose. Any hints or leads appreciated...

Sorry for delay. Not sure my info helps or not. They are currently not available. However, I would send a email to Rick at PPS and ask for an eta when this bottom mold trim would be available. GI and BR are identicle, infact all 5 titles are Identicle. There is no special cut out or trim difference with BR.

#717 6 years ago

Ericpinballfan,
Thanks for the info. I am going to pull it apart in the next week or so. The game is not playable as it is.
I am hopeful that todays glues will do the job.

1 week later
#718 5 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Nope, the wires can stay connected.

Electronmagic,
Thank you for the help. Repair was quick & easy.

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sorry for delay. Not sure my info helps or not. They are currently not available. However, I would send a email to Rick at PPS and ask for an eta when this bottom mold trim would be available. GI and BR are identicle, infact all 5 titles are Identicle. There is no special cut out or trim difference with BR.

Sent a message but nothing but silence after a week or so...

#720 5 years ago

Sent a message but nothing but silence after a week or so...

Did you try your 2 parts suppliers on Australia?

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did you try your 2 parts suppliers on Australia?

Sure did.

2 weeks later
#722 5 years ago

I had a few bad columns on my DMD, and diagnostics was giving RAM errors. So I removed U24 and replaced with a socket and new RAM chip and it's perfect now! Yay!

2 weeks later
#723 5 years ago

Can anyone help with a part? I simply can’t seem to find the correct plunger assembly for the coil that raises and lowers Davey Jones’ Locker. All the ones I am seeing are flipper plungers and the plastic connecting piece has the hole too far away. I am at a loss. Thanks in advance.

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Can anyone help with a part? I simply can’t seem to find the correct plunger assembly for the coil that raises and lowers Davey Jones’ Locker. All the ones I am seeing are flipper plungers and the plastic connecting piece has the hole too far away. I am at a loss. Thanks in advance.

Seems like an A-8050 in the manual?

#725 5 years ago

Yes it is. Thank you very much!

1 week later
#726 5 years ago

I'm in! Got tipped off this game was in the back of a bar down the street. Over the course of 6 MONTHS I managed to get a hold of the owner who happened to be interested in selling it! A German reimport but very nice example - clean boards, clean cabinet, very decent playfield. Excited to shop this out!

IMG_20180611_155650 (resized).jpgIMG_20180611_155650 (resized).jpgIMG_20180611_194507 (resized).jpgIMG_20180611_194507 (resized).jpg
#727 5 years ago

Hi All,
I've been cleaning up a black rose I picked up recently. It's mostly done but unfortunately whoever installed the cliffy did it partially over mylar so it was lifting. I've removed the cliffy and the mylar but was wondering if anyone has re-applied a cliffy before. I was thinking about removing the adhesive and using some ultra thin 3m tape.

20180617_154921 (resized).jpg20180617_154921 (resized).jpg
#728 5 years ago

My cannon has no wear, what's the best way to keep it that way? Mylar? Or just keeping it waxed?

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

My cannon has no wear, what's the best way to keep it that way? Mylar? Or just keeping it waxed?

Most important thing is just to keep it leveled

#730 5 years ago

New to the club, bought my BR pin about 3 weeks ago Most stuff worked (except some lamps and a switch or two) but boy were it dirty and really in need of some love.

After cleaning everything both on PF and below, replacing rusty screws, rebuilding flippers, changing all coil sleeves, all new rubbers and replacing lots of broken posts the pin are now in nice condition and ready for playing

During renovation I found an "unused" hex post to the left of the Jumper Bumper and below the Whirlpool ramp. It looks like it could have been used to support the Whirlpool ramp but I don't see any suitable screw hole above it. I also tried googling for Black Rose pictures but I haven't found any pics from straight above the bumpers looking down. So, do you have this hex post and what is it used for? Perhaps support for an extra spotlight?

It looks like a part of the plastic has been broken (marked in red) as the edge is a bit uneven there, should it be an extra ramp support there ? The thing is, the plastic is not right above the hex post so not sure how it would help.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#731 5 years ago

Mine is the same as yours

#732 5 years ago

Mine is different. Made me look.
Was thinking your blue plastic was broken. But no. Mine caps off with nut.

20180621_133457 (resized).jpg20180621_133457 (resized).jpg20180621_133501 (resized).jpg20180621_133501 (resized).jpg20180621_133522 (resized).jpg20180621_133522 (resized).jpg20180621_133539 (resized).jpg20180621_133539 (resized).jpg
#733 5 years ago

So Puffdanny had the same empty hex post as me, that means it's not some previous owner that just slapped it into the game for some custom mod (like extra lights or whatever).

Thanks for all the pics Ericpinballfan, it's interesting that you don't have it at all, make me wonder what's there on an 100% original game; post or nut.

#734 5 years ago

I found a loose connector with nothing to put it into, its located near the ball launcher inside the cab. Some cables in the connector seem to go to the nearby right flipper button card, while some other cables looks like they are crossing the cab and going to the left flipper button card. As far as I've seen everything works as it should so don't think its really needed, just curious what it could be for.

cable (resized).jpgcable (resized).jpg
#735 5 years ago

Mine is the same as epicpinballfan. No hex post

#736 5 years ago

I have a diamond plated playfield what about you guys?is there a link?

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have a diamond plated playfield what about you guys?is there a link?

Yes, mine says Diamond Plate above right flipper.

#738 5 years ago

What about everyone else?if you don't have diamond plate maybe they did them in runs with slightly different hatdware.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

What about everyone else?if you don't have diamond plate maybe they did them in runs with slightly different hatdware.

Id say at least 95% of this run was Diamond plate. One of the first titles to trully use it. Terminator 2, And Gilligan's before it were the beginning, by Black rose it was full steam.
Humm, paused for some fact checking. Some Dr dudes had diamond plate to. May of been when they started and Fun house as well. Leads me ro believe my 95% of Black rose.

#740 5 years ago

I'm serial number 1965716 with no diamond plate. It's a German reimport if that matters.

#741 5 years ago

Taking apart my game tonight for transport into the basement. Really pleased with how clean it is. I could eat off of the surfaces. Matching serials all around!

IMG_20180607_125622 (resized).jpgIMG_20180607_125622 (resized).jpgIMG_20180621_233949 (resized).jpgIMG_20180621_233949 (resized).jpgIMG_20180622_001308 (resized).jpgIMG_20180622_001308 (resized).jpgIMG_20180622_001323 (resized).jpgIMG_20180622_001323 (resized).jpgIMG_20180622_001330 (resized).jpgIMG_20180622_001330 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#742 5 years ago

My Davey Jones locker rubs against the side. Sometimes it only goes 75% of the way up, other times it will fly up real quick. Guessing a switch isn't registering and maybe the mechanism is messed up. Is this common? My next step is going to disassemble/inspect/clean the whole mech.

#743 5 years ago

Can someone confirm if this correct. Fixing blown out holes and removed pirates cove plastic and saw this. I know the screw is wrong. Asking about the posts

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#744 5 years ago

mine has the same upside down post......i think it is there for that kicker to hit against

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

mine has the same upside down post......i think it is there for that kicker to hit against

Yep. If you remove it fast shots into the lock will bounce back out

#746 5 years ago

Thanks for helping me out

1 week later
#747 5 years ago

I'm having trouble with my ramp that lifts up over Davey Jones locker.when it goes to raise it's not catching and it repeats a few times then gives up. If I hold the ramp up the mech will catch then hold the ramp or if I put a little pressure at the top or hold my finger above it anywhere so when it kicks up it hits my finger it will catch every time.has anyone else had this problem?I've been fiddling with it for a bit and at my wits end.it happened once before and I couldn't figure it out then it just started working again for 6 months but this time it's being an asshole lol.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm having trouble with my ramp that lifts up over Davey Jones locker.when it goes to raise it's not catching and it repeats a few times then gives up. If I hold the ramp up the mech will catch then hold the ramp or if I put a little pressure at the top or hold my finger above it anywhere so when it kicks up it hits my finger it will catch every time.has anyone else had this problem?I've been fiddling with it for a bit and at my wits end.it happened once before and I couldn't figure it out then it just started working again for 6 months but this time it's being an asshole lol.

I had this issue also.
Take apart the whole thing and clean everything.
There should be no lubricant anywhere.
Replace the coil sleeve.
The arm at the top that does the ramp lifting, I had to stick it towards the outer edge of the groove, not seated all the way in.
All good now!

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I had this issue also.
Take apart the whole thing and clean everything.
There should be no lubricant anywhere.
Replace the coil sleeve.
The arm at the top that does the ramp lifting, I had to stick it towards the outer edge of the groove, not seated all the way in.
All good now!

I'm assuming you did this from under the playfield?

#750 5 years ago

I got an original Black Rose Translite, it is damaged. A long of this month I will try to scan and restore it. I have idea to design a custom pinball cards too.

Original pinball artwork "Black Rose Translite" (BALLY) for scanning and restoring by Mikonos (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Black%20Rose%20original%20print1b.JPG

Original pinball artwork"Black Rose Translite" (BALLY) for scanning and restoring by Mikonos (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Black%20Rose%20original%20print2b.JPG

Black Rose original print1b.JPGBlack Rose original print1b.JPGBlack Rose original print2b.JPGBlack Rose original print2b.JPG

I hope you enjoy with this kind of things!

Regards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.95
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/15?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.