• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 38.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That would be because I'm working on it.

Boom! Mike drop!

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

epthegeek
May your anchor be tight
May your cork be loose
May your rum be spiced
May your compass be true
And may your DMD be colored

#653 6 years ago

Where does the line start?

#655 6 years ago

tore mine down yesterday...cleaned....waxed.....installed cointaker LED kit that my kids bought me for Christmas at least 3 years ago....I almost think it plays to fast now

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fantastic ... I can't wait ... that is great news

#657 6 years ago

Got formal confirmation from ColorDMD that BR is being worked on "by someone else"...

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Got formal confirmation from ColorDMD that BR is being worked on "by someone else"...

What does that mean? Another product? Or that they are outsourcing ?

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What does that mean? Another product? Or that they are outsourcing ?

It relates to my previous posts around offering to help ColorDMD with colouring Black Rose. They came back and told me someone else is doing that, basically confirming epthegeek's post that he was the one doing it. Almost all of the colouring work to my understanding is outsourced.

#660 6 years ago

It relates to my previous posts around offering to help ColorDMD with colouring Black Rose. They came back and told me someone else is doing that, basically confirming epthegeek's post that he was the one doing it. Almost all of the colouring work to my understanding is outsourced.

Gotcha - thanks! Can you ask someone to re-do Twilight Zone and Doctor Who? The Orange Daleks are driving me crazy!

2 weeks later
#661 6 years ago

I'm overseas for work currently so a few thousand kilometres away from my machine. Will try remember when I'm back.

Any chance on posting a pic of the Mirrored sides?

1 month later
#662 6 years ago

Finally joined the club yesterday!

Looking forward to reading up on this tread. The game is in very nice shape, with no wear around the cannon.
The canon body has a small crack in it i hope to glue(?)

#663 6 years ago

New to the Black Rose club. My machine needs a new translite but I've had some issues trying to find one. Does anyone have any leads?

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from Berty:

New to the Black Rose club. My machine needs a new translite but I've had some issues trying to find one. Does anyone have any leads?

The best person to ask would be Rick at Planetary pinball (PPS). They have made the replacement Black Rose translites in the past. I was looking for one a while ago, but everyone was sold out back then too. Hopefully they will run some more soon.
GL!

#665 6 years ago

Hey all! Just curious what a players (let’s assume minimal playfield wear) BR goes for? I really enjoy this game but have been foolish enough to go for other titles instead of this great one

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from Berty:

I could use a translite to. Been looking awhile.
Also need the cannon hard shell assembly. I have the door. Need the housing.

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey all! Just curious what a players (let’s assume minimal playfield wear) BR goes for? I really enjoy this game but have been foolish enough to go for other titles instead of this great one

Hard to say with the current pinball market, but the pinside estimate of 2200-2500 seams pretty reasonable based on the crazy prices pins are selling for these days...

If you are looking at one, be sure to look at the cannon body for cracks or damage, and check the end of the center wire ramp by the flippers they are often repaired (not a big deal just make sure the repair is nice). These parts are currently hard to find if they have issues...

#668 6 years ago

Hi guys.
I have a BR stored for about a month now.
Today I began the "restoration".

Playfield has soooo much dirt on it, that I cant say if it has playfield wear or not.
But surprisingly the back board, and all the boards are in absolute pristine state. No hacks, no burnt connector or traces.
The only oddly thing is that the fliptronic board is missing 1 TC36. I assume that board was used to repair another.

Regards to all

1 month later
#669 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Are you allowed to share any details on your progress? If so I'm sure a few of us would appreciate some news.

Cheers,

#670 6 years ago

My cannon is broken off at the base of the door as indicated by white.
Any suggestions on how to make it work until it is possible to buy the new one?

sorry to IceMaster for stealing your picture.

Skjermbilde 2018-02-21 kl. 10.08.37 (resized).pngSkjermbilde 2018-02-21 kl. 10.08.37 (resized).png

#671 6 years ago

Are you allowed to share any details on your progress? If so I'm sure a few of us would appreciate some news.
Cheers,

He told me that there were some difficulties with some of the animations. "Yeah, I'm working on it for ColorDMD. It's got some unexpected problematic bits that are slowing things down a bit. Like when you sink a ship, those explosions are entirely random, so detecting things can be a b****". But that was a few months ago, hope he got that worked out!

#672 6 years ago

Hi All,

I just picked up a Black Rose and so far really enjoying it although i do need to fix a few issues for it to be playing nicely.

I have the common issue of the GI connectors and pins being burnt but will replace them shortly. The settings are never retained even when batteries are installed so i'm assuming there may be a solder issue with the holder itself (Hopefully). I'll be installing a remote battery holder instead anyway but will fix the holder also. Both wireforms are broken but i'll get them welded and powdercoated black.

Unfortunately i also have a broken cannon door which is on order. I still need to get a replacement cannon decal.

But the biggest issue i have is the installation of the cliffy. I have two installed but the bottom one was installed partially over mylar which has caused it to lift at a couple of the points and impact the flow of the ball. Can you remove and re-adhere the cliffy or is it too thin? I was thinking i would remove the mylar underneath (hopefully the diamond coat will prevent any damage from removal) and then either put this one back on if possible or get a new one.

Obviously i need to give the playfield a good clean but i'm expecting some good things out of it when it's finished. Once that's done i'll post a pic of it all lit up and looking nice.

Cheers,
Andy

20180217_164526 (resized).jpg20180217_164526 (resized).jpg

20180217_154255 (resized).jpg20180217_154255 (resized).jpg

20180217_154240 (resized).jpg20180217_154240 (resized).jpg

20180226_162217 (resized).jpg20180226_162217 (resized).jpg

#673 6 years ago

Welcome to the club Andy! I had to redo the GI connectors as well when I got mine. Just make sure you replace the pins on the board as well as the cable connector - if you leave the manky pins they’ll continue to give you grief. Can’t offer anything on the cliffy issue - I don’t have one on mine.

It’s looking very likely the next ColorDMD title is Black Rose which is awesome - I installed a display a little while back in preparation!

#674 6 years ago

I *thought* the cliffy is supposed to be installed on the top of the canon to protect that leading edge of the PF?

5b9524333bb54252af51a8fc2ad25f2bbda32f72 (resized).jpg5b9524333bb54252af51a8fc2ad25f2bbda32f72 (resized).jpg

BR_cannon-worn1 (resized).JPGBR_cannon-worn1 (resized).JPG

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

I *thought* the cliffy is supposed to be installed on the top of the canon to protect that leading edge of the PF?

Ive seen it both ways, top and bottom. Depends on where you playfield wear is.
I also seen one top and one on bottom on same machine at show.
I always thought it would be cool to have 4, one for each side.

#676 6 years ago

Let me know if you figure out the resetting issue. Mine does the same thing even through the battery was upgraded to lithium.

#677 6 years ago

Welcome to the club Andy! I had to redo the GI connectors as well when I got mine. Just make sure you replace the pins on the board as well as the cable connector - if you leave the manky pins they’ll continue to give you grief. Can’t offer anything on the cliffy issue - I don’t have one on mine.
It’s looking very likely the next ColorDMD title is Black Rose which is awesome - I installed a display a little while back in preparation!

Thanks mate. I'm actually going to be re-pinning the boards and installing the remote battery holder today. Supposed to be building a retaining wall but the rain is giving me a break here and there

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Mine has two installed. One at the top and one at the bottom. If I don't find any damage under it when I remove it I'll probably not put another on.

20180303_104228 (resized).jpg20180303_104228 (resized).jpg

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from PinNewb:

Let me know if you figure out the resetting issue. Mine does the same thing even through the battery was upgraded to lithium.

Define what you mean by resetting.

#680 6 years ago

Does anyone put down mylar where the ball exits the ship and drops on the playfield on the top right loop?

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from St0n3PiraT3:

Does anyone put down mylar where the ball exits the ship and drops on the playfield on the top right loop?

Mine had it there stock

#682 6 years ago

Thanks...looks like I should...

#684 6 years ago

Whaa Hooo pirate's!
Colordmd released!!!!
Led display is an easy install.
This is a game changer for Black Rose.
Looks great in color.

#685 6 years ago

This is very exciting. Nice work #epthegeek!

Especially cool because this title utilizes the DMD/video modes so much. Can't wait till Friday!

#686 6 years ago

Just placed my order for a ColorDMD! The preview looks really nice!

#687 6 years ago

Already got my display installed... just need the ROM now...

#688 6 years ago

Already got my display installed... just need the ROM now...

Friday, sat evening for you. Couple small things to clean up. Looks awesome. You will be very happy.

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Just placed my order for a ColorDMD! The preview looks really nice!

I just ordered one to the preview looks really nice

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Friday, sat evening for you. Couple small things to clean up. Looks awesome. You will be very happy.

Fantastic...I can't wait

#691 6 years ago

My BR won't know itself... I have a LED kit, Pinstadium and now ColorDMD ROM to install..

#692 6 years ago

ROM is posted!

8873B4A8-F913-4319-B2A7-50E0C8919D4A (resized).jpeg8873B4A8-F913-4319-B2A7-50E0C8919D4A (resized).jpeg

#693 6 years ago

This is an amazing colorization by Eric P.
Makes it a whole new game.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is an amazing colorization by Eric P.
Makes it a whole new game.

Agreed! His name should be in the credits with Dr Flash & Brian Eddy.

Really brings the game to a new level.

#695 6 years ago

Quick question for other Black Rose owner/fixers. I'm paying some long overdue attention to my Black Rose and noticed that when I set it up again, everything was fine. But after a score of plays, I find that the Davey Jones Locker pop-up ramp will no longer come cleanly down to meet the playfield (it rubs against the side to the ramp walls). That prevents the ball from being shot from the plunger lane and cleanly making it up the Davy Jones Locker ramp. It was working fine and flat for a while, and now it's binding.

When checking it, nothing was loose, but I can also not see an obvious way to make it come down clearing the sidewall (on the side closeset to the middle of the playfield). Has anyone encountered this before and is there an obvious adjustment or bent part that I am not seeing?

I'm not a newcomer to fixing pins, mechanical or electronic, but I've never had a part binding like this where I can't easily determine which part has bent out of shape.

Thanks!

P.S. I also fixed the Cannon mechanism playfield level - which is the buagboo of this game. I actually have a new cannon as well, waiting in the wings that was vacuum formed from molds of the original, but they are ALL warped. What I did was clamp the cannon body to a flat glass surface and then heat up the plastic cannon body to it's acrylic glass transition temperature and allow and lightly push the relaxed plastic to conform to the flat glass surface. This allowed me to cool the cannon perfectly flat on top and was thereafter much easier to level with the playing field. I also put in TWO hex screws per levelling post as that made more sense in terms of better tightening of the levelling mechanism (although more awkward to tighten) and making the set level much more stable once the lock nut is tightened up into place.

P.P.S. IMHO, the Cliffy protector for the Compass Rosette here is somewhat questionable. I had one and it only makes things worse as it causes more of a lip for the ball to get hung up on, and so I took mine off and discarded it. I wouldn't advise anyone to buy it as if they don't have to. While it "might" help cover playfield wear, it is just as easy to use a thinner vinyl or mylar patch if the wear isn't too bad, or with some effort do a bondo and repaint repair - but having it on the playfield definitely plays havoc with the ball trajectory (and scratches your balls). Your mileage may vary.)

#696 6 years ago

Loving the Color DMD! Looks great... I just purchased some Pinstadium lights and mirrored sides!

pinstatdiummirrortop (resized).jpgpinstatdiummirrortop (resized).jpg

pinstadiummirrorside (resized).jpgpinstadiummirrorside (resized).jpg

mirrrorside (resized).jpgmirrrorside (resized).jpg

pinsidemirrortop (resized).jpgpinsidemirrortop (resized).jpg

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Loving the Color DMD! Looks great... I just purchased some Pinstadium lights and mirrored sides!

Very nice...love the shark

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Very nice...love the shark

Yeah thanks... I got a hook up for plastic sharks if your interested.

#699 6 years ago

Love the shark! Could you not run the wiring on the other side?

#700 6 years ago

Love the shark! Could you not run the wiring on the other side?

Yeah, I could. I moved the shark when I was installing everything and quickly reattached for pictures. Wires are now hidden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/14?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.