• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 38.
#551 6 years ago

I think he's talking about the plate nut:
large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
If you were working above the bottom speaker, see if it isn't stuck to the speaker magnet...

Can you post any photos of what you're working on? maybe this isn't the problem.

#552 6 years ago

I think you are looking for that plate...
It's part number 4 in the diagram:

IMG_3141 (resized).JPGIMG_3141 (resized).JPG

#553 6 years ago

This switch stack needs to attach itself to these two white holes.....

IMG_1278 (resized).JPGIMG_1278 (resized).JPG

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I think you are looking for that plate...
It's part number 4 in the diagram:

Hmm from your diagram it looks like #4 has shifted on me and my screws aren't reaching it so I'm gonna have to remove the whole underside of that pop bumper assembly.....hahahahaha oh boy.

#555 6 years ago

Maybe the plate is still in the white plastic, just sitting cockeyed. But there should be a plate-nut it threads into.

Ha, I was just typing that...

#556 6 years ago

I believe they come out as a full assembly, so hopefully it isn't too bad!

#557 6 years ago

So I peered in through the side with my super bright forehead lamp and seen that little sucker stuck sideways on me!!!! I knew it was in there because it was originally attached before I even messed with it...and there is no where for it to fall out. After thinking it through I grabbed my handy dandy pen super force pen magnet and jingled it all over that plastic mini cavern and it finally fell into place.....WHEW!!!! Crisis averted

#558 6 years ago

Awesome!

#559 6 years ago

Been offline...
Good news its fixed..
Ive had them go sideways to.
Sorry i wasnt more clear, hope i didnt make it worse.

Thanks for jumping and helpjng out.
Ive always said and known...
You have to break it sometimes to learn to fix it.

#560 6 years ago

Np Eric. You and jrock got me going in the right direction as I was getting annoyed so I needed to clear my head and dig into someone else's brains! Thanks for those cannons boysssss!

2 weeks later
#561 6 years ago

Ive mentioned it before. I have a complete cannon playfield assembly fully populated.
$250 shipped pinside price. Firm. Already loosing money on this one.
Pm me if interested and pics.
Thanks Eric

#562 6 years ago

Ive been working on my pins all weekend, espeacially Black rose.
The list grows....need a translight, new preferred.
Has anybody installed the Led OCD board on BR yet? Review's please.
Not getting clean led transitions.

2 weeks later
#563 6 years ago

Arrrr....no one wants that cannon?
250 shipped.

#564 6 years ago

The DMD on my BR is starting to play up. Has anyone fit the ColorDMD Sigma replacement? If so which one is the correct one to order:

http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

or:

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

Cheers,

#565 6 years ago

I have not put one in mine, but I think the LCD does not work due to the design of the back box. I thought I read on the Color DMD thread that the LED version will work for BR.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I have not put one in mine, but I think the LCD does not work due to the design of the back box. I thought I read on the Color DMD thread that the LED version will work for BR.

Correct, you have to use LCD for Black Rose and Gilligans Inland. If you can hold off i will test fit one after the 15th Aug, wont have a chance till then.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Correct, you have to use LCD for Black Rose and Gilligans Inland. If you can hold off i will test fit one after the 15th Aug, wont have a chance till then.

You mean LED right..?

So it seems like this is the one: http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

#568 6 years ago

I've asked this in a tech forum but maybe a Black Rose owner may have also seen this? - So here is a weird one. At the first replay score, I have the setting in the menu to award an extra ball. When achieving this score today the display showed the words 'Null Null' written one above the other. (I got the extra ball award). Feels like a software problem, I'm running version L-3, so by no means an early or beta version or anything. Any ideas would be welcome as to what's going on. Maybe I need to burn a new Eprom. Or perhaps re-seat some chips or something.
However the comment I've got so far seems to think this is a software issue. Anyone seen this?

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

You mean LED right..?
So it seems like this is the one: http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

Opps, yes LED, even meant to put that in.

#570 6 years ago

I wonder, has anyone recognised this on his Black Rose?
I was playing last time and I had a score of 1,200,000,000 something.
On the highscorelist it is displayed properly, but if you flip through the score right after playing, it shows like 200,000,000, so the billion is missing (again, on the higscorelist it shows correct).
I figured, that could be a bummer in a tournament and I would like to know if it's only my pin or a common BR behaviour.

#571 6 years ago

Ive never gotten that many points, wow.
Ive only broken 100 mil once. My games are set up pretty hard. Ya that's it.

3 weeks later
#572 6 years ago

Does anyone else's Black Rose have flipper optos? I've come across two places now claiming it doesn't use them, but mine has type 1 boards.

Also, anyone have a spare playfield they'd part with?

#573 6 years ago

Yup, mine has optos.

#574 6 years ago

Here is my Queen of the High Seas. I have installed an illuminated blue shark with red eyes and a flashing octopus for fun black rose 0 (resized).JPGblack rose 0 (resized).JPGblack rose 2 (resized).JPGblack rose 2 (resized).JPGblack rose 1 (resized).JPGblack rose 1 (resized).JPGblack rose 3 (resized).JPGblack rose 3 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#575 6 years ago

Anyone here know what the part number is for the one way gate that's located at the end of the shooter lane is? Mine is missing the gate there, and I can't seem to find it in the manual...

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Anyone here know what the part number is for the one way gate that's located at the end of the shooter lane is? Mine is missing the gate there, and I can't seem to find it in the manual...

I can't find it either but looking at my one way gate it looks exactly like this one though I can't tell if the gate itself is a bit long here from just a picture....,

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=12-7047

#577 6 years ago

Thanks,
The problem is, mine doesn't even have the gate itself... so I need the wire and the bracket...
I swore I found the part number a while back, I guess i should have wrote it down!

#578 6 years ago

Hi guys, I have this fun pinball. I have a black rose pinball but the top of the cannon is broken. Is the complete cannon playfield assembly still available @Ericpinballfan? Pm me if still available. Thanks.

#579 6 years ago

Last I heard, 8/16/17, they are in queue at the plastics company. I have a 3d printed cannon door coming from Australia in a few weeks. It's not clear like the original but I would rather have a functioning game for now. He makes the body as well. I won't recommend it until I have it and get it installed.

#580 6 years ago

Looking to pick this game up next. Had a blast playing it as a teenager. If anyone is selling or knows of a game for sale please pm? Thanks

#581 6 years ago

I'll wait for some news. Is it possible to buy ramps or the same problem to get it? Thanks.

#582 6 years ago

I had an email from Rick last Friday.
They are still being made...this time last year they were in the cue. Hopefully we should have them by christmas.
The problem i think, from what been told to me....the best way to do this was get about 30 parts made. This shell and cannon door part of a very large run of parts. Diner coffee cup, who dunnit upper ramp, few more subways, etc..
This will help keep costs down for rick that realisticly is not a bunch of popular parts. He makes cannon shell, 20 will sell fast. The other 80 will sit for a year or 2 till needed.
Pinball is hard, and expensive.
We are actully very lucky that Rick at PPS is even bothering to make these.

Quoted from chiwi:

I'll wait for some news. Is it possible to buy ramps or the same problem to get it? Thanks.

The cannon shell assembly i had sold quick.
Ramps are in the cue from starship fantasy. Middle next year my best guess there. Larry and i talked in May about those. Wire forms will also be available in 2018.
Keep waiting gang.

#583 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. The cannon and the ramps are very important parts of this pinball and we need spare parts to enjoy black rose. Hopefully we should have them by christmas.

#584 6 years ago

I have plenty of cannon doors if that helps

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wire forms will also be available in 2018.

Who makes the wireforms? PPS?

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I have plenty of cannon doors if that helps

Dont see them on your website. Looked a few minutes after you posted yesterday, checked again today.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Who makes the wireforms? PPS?

No, they dont make them. I believe they use the same guys as stern uses in Chicago, sorry i forgot name.

#588 6 years ago

Need a little help. Been gone on vacation for 2 weeks and came back today to find my cannon firing is barely making it up to the broad side ship. I didnt get any errors when it turned on. I can replace parts but im not very good at trouble shooting so any help on where to start woul be greatly appreciated .

#589 6 years ago

Exercise the catapult arm by hand with playfield proped up. If stiff, probably the coil sleeve, clean, look for build up of gunk. Pretty easy part. Check in solinoid test to.

#590 6 years ago

Eric, just re read your post. Turns out it was both the cannon arm AND the play field door. Cannon fired good with the playfield door open. But was losing strength because the playfield door was gunked up too. I cleaned both and now it fires better then ever. So thanks for the tips

#591 6 years ago

Got my 3d printed cannon door installed. $35 shipped from Australia in 3 weeks. It's not a perfect fit but at least I have a functioning Black Rose again. I did have to sand the inside of the holes where the shaft goes through and I sanded that curve on the inside that the ball presses against.

IMG_0909 (resized).JPGIMG_0909 (resized).JPG

IMG_0907 (resized).JPGIMG_0907 (resized).JPG

IMG_0910 (resized).JPGIMG_0910 (resized).JPG

IMG_0911 (resized).JPGIMG_0911 (resized).JPG

IMG_0914 (resized).JPGIMG_0914 (resized).JPG

#592 6 years ago

help.....just played a couple games in the dark....the general illumination in the back box is not on......flashers work......is there a setting i have turned off..afuse blown......bad connection......any ideas??????

#593 6 years ago

Check the connector for J120 on the power board. If it looks like this you'll need to replace it. Pretty easy to do - I had no GI lights in mine when I got it and replacing connector fixed it. Pretty common problem. Depending on the condition of the board pins you might need to replace them as well. More effort, but will be a better solution if you do that at the same time.

IMG_6654 (resized).jpgIMG_6654 (resized).jpg

#594 6 years ago

Bought a Black Rose tonight. Pick her up Saturday. So can join soon.

#595 6 years ago

my connector J121 looks like that, burnt on one end. where is a good place to get a replacement and what steps are there to removing the old one and replacing it?

#596 6 years ago

Marcos has them I'm sure - 11 pin IDC connector. You'll need to get the little tool to seat the wires into the connector as well. I just snipped the wires as close as possible to the old connector then inserted them into the new connector - 2 minute job. However, I would highly recommend taking a good look at the pins on the board too. If they look dull, dark or just plain shitty replace - the heat that damaged the connector is sure to have damaged the pins. To do that you'll need to remove the board from the backbox. Easy enough, but take pics of where all the connectors are before you remove them.

Now, you need to be pretty careful removing the pins from the board, so if this is your first time wielding a soldering iron I'd recommend you find someone experienced to do it for you. The pads on the board are easy to damage with excess heat. If you know what you're doing then carefully unsolder the pins using your tool of choice and remove from the board, insert the new pins and solder it in. Replace board in backbox, replace all the connectors and enjoy the warm glow of GI once again.

#597 6 years ago

thanks for the information......it may be awhile but I will report back after I get some new parts

#598 6 years ago

Ramps are in the cue from starship fantasy. Middle next year my best guess there. Larry and i talked in May about those. Wire forms will also be available in 2018.
Keep waiting gang.

Which ramps are planned to be made? I need the large left one really. Mines had a piece busted out by the entrance I glued and patched it for now it works but would love a new one.

#599 6 years ago

Does anyone know somebody who just sells individual plastic parts? Im only looking for the whirlpool guard. I have some extra plastic parts if someone is interested in trading

#600 6 years ago

Just joined yesterday, and I'm working out all the kinks that come with a brand new 20 year old machine. So far, I know I'm in on a return cannon wireform. Mine is not diamond plated either, so I may be looking at getting it clear-coated after a proper restoration. It's only my fourth, but I know this will be staying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.