• Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31-1655-SET (resized).jpg
89539C62-A0DC-4B74-8286-5DD91D41FDC7 (resized).jpeg
20240203_192829 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240105_184120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e9d73b89c70d6495b6a0cb45dc76cce9 (resized).jpg
20210724_181347 (resized).jpg
372951015_1333173387326857_6297914620449767896_n.jpg
3588FEEE-F21F-4133-BD86-E554A175DC14 (resized).jpeg
webStore BR2 - 600x400 (resized).jpg
Bracket (resized).png
20230731_163944 (resized).jpg
20230731_163924 (resized).jpg
20230731_163833 (resized).jpg
20230731_163815 (resized).jpg
20230731_163615 (resized).jpg
20230731_163658 (resized).jpg
20230731_163553 (resized).jpg
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 38.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

they are 1/8" shorter.

Well forget that then... I'm a crap player as it is without widening the gap!!

#502 7 years ago

Yes, lighting flippers are shorter.
I bought normal blacks.
I suck too.

#503 7 years ago

I just posted on the PPS forum's "wish list", asking if they would be making the cannons again.
Hopefully I will get a response!

#504 7 years ago

Did PPS respond to the Wishlist ?

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from ColinLuxford:

Did PPS respond to the Wishlist ?

Not yet, I'm sure they have been busy with AFMr and Texas Pinball Festival. If I get some time today I'll send them an email.

#506 7 years ago

Talk about quick response! I just went ahead and emailed Rick and he got right back to me. Here's what he said:

"The supplier has about 30 or so injection parts that they are running, they
are trying to get similar plastics and colors together, so they will be run
(assuming there are no issues with the tool), but exactly when is difficult
to pin down."

So it sounds like they will be remade at some point, but just not sure how soon.

#507 7 years ago

Rick told me the same thing over the phone a couple weeks ago. Need this cannon plastic and door. I also need the diner coffee cup. They are being made by the same people. Who, i have no idea. This could take awhile.

#508 7 years ago

Sounds like we all need to email Rick to get the point across that many are ready to place an order.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Sounds like we all need to email Rick to get the point across that many are ready to place an order.

Mr gone, i asked rick if he thought he could have some by pin a go go.He said maybe, hes trying. Will see, hope so.

1 week later
#511 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mr gone, i asked rick if he thought he could have some by pin a go go.He said maybe, hes trying. Will see, hope so.

Any luck with this?

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from ColinLuxford:

Any luck with this?

Its going to happen....
This i know. Im not making excuses, but the guy in charge has been busy with martians.
The tooling was being done last i heard 2 months ago. So give it 4-5 months and they will be available. Ill ask him again in person at PAGG show in late may. You can only bug a person so much.

#513 7 years ago

Just FYI, here is a quick clip of my Black Rose with the Pinsound card and their original score during multiball, highly recommend this mod. Need a better camera than my phone and someone holding it, but it's all I have right now.

1 week later
#514 6 years ago

Its going to happen....
This i know. Im not making excuses, but the guy in charge has been busy with martians.
The tooling was being done last i heard 2 months ago. So give it 4-5 months and they will be available. Ill ask him again in person at PAGG show in late may. You can only bug a person so much.

Thanks Ericpinballfan. Understand the situation, just bummed out that Ive got a machine sitting at home that isn't playable from the day after I got it. Hope good news in late May.

#515 6 years ago

Can someone take a pic of their lockdown bar with the hole visible - ie button removed? Both sides would be great. My original LDB wasn't from a BR and has a rough hole drilled, that along with pop rivets holding the bar together were enough for me to seek out another, which I received thanks to a nice pinsider - however the replacement appears to not be from a BR even though it has factory drilled hole (no fault of pinsider who provided it). I'm guessing it's from a NBA FB, but I thought it was the same as BR? Either that or there's another game that has a button on the LDB...

Either way, I'm now back on the hunt for an actual BR LDB unless I can somehow get this other one to work - hence the request for pics.

Cheers,

#516 6 years ago

Can anyone help with a few pics?

Quoted from pocketscience:

Can someone take a pic of their lockdown bar with the hole visible - ie button removed? Both sides would be great. My original LDB wasn't from a BR and has a rough hole drilled, that along with pop rivets holding the bar together were enough for me to seek out another, which I received thanks to a nice pinsider - however the replacement appears to not be from a BR even though it has factory drilled hole (no fault of pinsider who provided it). I'm guessing it's from a NBA FB, but I thought it was the same as BR? Either that or there's another game that has a button on the LDB...
Either way, I'm now back on the hunt for an actual BR LDB unless I can somehow get this other one to work - hence the request for pics.
Cheers,

#517 6 years ago

Give me a few minutes I'll go grab mine right now.

#518 6 years ago

Here you go!

I need a new seal...

IMG_3045 (resized).JPGIMG_3045 (resized).JPG

IMG_3046 (resized).JPGIMG_3046 (resized).JPG

IMG_3047 (resized).JPGIMG_3047 (resized).JPG

IMG_3048 (resized).JPGIMG_3048 (resized).JPG

IMG_3049 (resized).JPGIMG_3049 (resized).JPG

#519 6 years ago

Thanks - can you take a measurement from the rear edge (i.e. the one closest to backbaox) of the bar to the edge of the hole, ignoring the notches if possible?

#520 6 years ago

Made this up, should be close enough.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Made this up, should be close enough.

Legendary. Thank you kind sir. I've got a new shiny bar on order.

Cheers!

#522 6 years ago

Im in need of the left ramp on my Black Rose. I found this one on Marco:http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8607 but it doesn't look like the correct ramp. Has anyone ordered this? Or know where I can get the correct ramp. Thanks

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott_S:

Im in need of the left ramp on my Black Rose. I found this one on Marco:http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8607 but it doesn't look like the correct ramp. Has anyone ordered this? Or know where I can get the correct ramp. Thanks

That's the subway

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That's the subway

So does anyone make the upper left ramp with decals

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott_S:

So does anyone make the upper left ramp with decals

Not that I know. I know it has been talked about.

#526 6 years ago

Glad you sorted your BR lock down bar problems mate. I attached a photo of my highly polished BR lock down bar it's the bottom one of the 4 I had polished recently.

IMG_0924 (resized).JPGIMG_0924 (resized).JPG

#527 6 years ago

Very shiny Leon!

#528 6 years ago

I have a spare, used, complete center cannon assembly fully populated for sale.
$350 shipped!!
The whole metal housing with motor. Lights switches, and shell and cannon door with decals.
Used...the shell is pretty beat, but the the whole unit functions.
Pm me for pics.
PPS is making the shells and door again. They will be for sale later in year. I repeat, later in year, should be available by say Oct.
Dont hold me to that, but they are coming.
Thanks Eric

#529 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me if it's a normal bulb or a flasher in the backbox directly behind the fire by the canon?

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can anyone tell me if it's a normal bulb or a flasher in the backbox directly behind the fire by the canon?

Flasher. I put in an led flasher in mine. It really pops.

#531 6 years ago

I forgot, if your coming to pagg...
The cannon assembly is $300, shipping on this 10 pound unit is expensive.
I will bring to swap meet at pagg Saturday morning. See you there.
Pm me for pictures.

#532 6 years ago

I found this wire in my back box and it wasn't connected. Curious if it needs connected and if so where?

20170516_171806 (resized).jpg20170516_171806 (resized).jpg

#533 6 years ago

That is the knocker!!
2 pieces of 8 Matty!

#534 6 years ago

149503680228115500073 (resized).jpg149503680228115500073 (resized).jpg

#535 6 years ago

I don;t get a knock when I sink a ship and that point total takes me over for a free game. I can;t remember but i don;t think I get a knock either if in just playing and go over the points total for a free game. I get the free game but no knock It knocks for matches and specials.
Is that normal for this game Thanks

#536 6 years ago

Yes, when you have more than one mode going, say millions for ramps, and you hit another point value..cpu doing more than one thing....no knock will happen if you just past reply value.
What code or rom are you using?

#537 6 years ago

Thanks for the info on the knock. I love that sound so I was nice to know something isn't broken on it
To be honest I'm not sure about the code. Im still learning about this machine. Is there more than one released for this machine? If so can you tell me what the latest one is? Thanks

#538 6 years ago

Thank you Eric. Now I'll have to see if I have the knocker in the there. I've had the game a few months now and loving it but now I know what it never knocks

#539 6 years ago

Can anyone confirm is this plug only had 2 yellow wires going into it and the slots the go in? One wire seems it's yellow with grey and one yellow with maybe purple

20170517_221140 (resized).jpg20170517_221140 (resized).jpg

20170517_221128 (resized).jpg20170517_221128 (resized).jpg

#540 6 years ago

I think you've got them backwards. In mine the two wire one is on the bottom. Colors match though. Should be a complete listing in the manual

#541 6 years ago

Yes, that's backwards! J137 is a 9-pin with 8 connections for playfield lamps. J138 is a 9-pin with 2 connections for insert lamps. See page 3-15 of manual.

BR-J137 (resized).jpgBR-J137 (resized).jpg

#542 6 years ago

Just sent my machine in for service to fix a row that was out and now I get the machine back home and all 3 flippers aren't firing. I checked all the connections and they all seem connected, any ideas?

#543 6 years ago

That is the knocker!!
2 pieces of 8 Matty!

Hi. What is a "knocker" and what does it do? (Ive bought a BR and am fixing it up). Thanks . Colin.

#544 6 years ago

Yesh -

The only things common to all three flippers is the Power Driver Board and the CPU. Make sure all the connectors are seated correctly on those boards.

I would be real surprised if three fuses are blown - the tech would/should have noticed.

#545 6 years ago

Colin -

The knocker is in the upper left of the head. It is what makes the noise when you win a game. It is a coil with a nylon tipped rod that strikes the roof of the cabinet to make the sound.

#546 6 years ago

Thanks Billc479. have managed to crack it for a free game a couple of times so far.

#547 6 years ago

I forgot, if your coming to pagg...
The cannon assembly is $300, shipping on this 10 pound unit is expensive.
I will bring to swap meet at pagg Saturday morning. See you there.
Pm me for pictures.

Bump for cannon, $300 shipped.

2 weeks later
#548 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced or rebuilt one of the pop bumpers ?? My top left pop bumper light was out and found out there was a cold solder joint that I needed to fix (course it was BIATCH to get to) and I had to unscrew the whole switch stack to make this happen. I CAN NOT get this switch stack screwed back into the white plastic from underneath the PF.....I've been fiddling with it for 45 mins to no avail. Any tips to get me on with this ?

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Has anyone replaced or rebuilt one of the pop bumpers ?? My top left pop bumper light was out and found out there was a cold solder joint that I needed to fix (course it was BIATCH to get to) and I had to unscrew the whole switch stack to make this happen. I CAN NOT get this switch stack screwed back into the white plastic from underneath the PF.....I've been fiddling with it for 45 mins to no avail. Any tips to get me on with this ?

Theres a little backer plate, sort of brown in color, it actually recieves the threaded screw. Same size as back of switch.
Ive done this and your post sounds like i was that day.
Finally found it in bottom of cabinet, has 2 screw holes.

#550 6 years ago

Theres a little backer plate, sort of brown in color, it actually recieves the threaded screw. Same size as back of switch.
Ive done this and your post sounds like i was that day.
Finally found it in bottom of cabinet, has 2 screw holes.

I'm not seeing it at all. Even if there was a backer plate how would it secure the switch stack to the plastic assembly that the pop bumpers are held onto....the holes where this switch attaches to are just clean holes with no threading...makes no sense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,896 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-club-owners-and-fans-welcome/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.