(Topic ID: 229087)

Black Rose cannon won’t fire a ball out.

By bighurb

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bonilla7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
0CA5F44C-93C9-4FD3-B3EE-01226DE546B5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bighurb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So I’m having a weird problem with my Black Rose that obviously makes the game kind of suck. When a ball goes into the cannon, you can’t fire it via the flippers or the fire button. The ball fires out when the machine searches for the missing ball though.
What I’ve done so far to figure it out...
1. Replaced the cherry switch in the catapult mechanism with a brand new one(new diode as well) ,wired to the normally open post. Switch operates fine in the switch edge test in the testing menu.
2. Fixed a broken wire in row one of the switch matrix that resolved the top subway switch from not registering.
3. Checked continuity from the new cherry switch all the way to the back box. Checked out good.
4. Solenoid works fine in the cannon test, as well as the motor and switch in the catapult.
5. Reset all audits and did a factory reset to see if any other test report items pop up after fixing the row 1 switch matrix issues.

The locker opens, the ball loads in the cannon, can’t fire the cannon, ball pops back out after the machine searches for the missing ball, then the cannon just keeps rotating nonstop.
Hopefully it’s something stupid I overlooked or maybe something will pop up in the test report? Anybody have an idea what to check next?

#2 5 years ago

Oh, one more thing, in the video modes the flippers still work just fine instead of the fire button. We’ve been using the flippers to fire the cannon and do all of the video mode stuff since we got the machine about a month ago.

#4 5 years ago

The cherry switch in the catapult arm registers in the switch test. Is there anything else I should be testing to see if the machine is recognizing a ball in there?

#5 5 years ago

This may sound stupid but I never put an actual ball in the switch to see if it registers in the edge test. I’m going to give that a go real quick.

#6 5 years ago

Of course it was the stupid reason! I never actually put a ball in the catapult arm to test the switch, I was just hitting it with my finger in the switch test☹️ Learn from my stupidity folks, test something like that with an actual ball I guess!
After I bent the arm on the new switch a bit, everything works great again. The 8 bottles of 75 minute Dogfish Head didn’t help the trouble shooting process!

0CA5F44C-93C9-4FD3-B3EE-01226DE546B5 (resized).jpeg0CA5F44C-93C9-4FD3-B3EE-01226DE546B5 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bighurb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-cannon-wont-fire-a-ball-out?tu=bighurb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.