New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 17384)

Black Rose Broadside shot does not hold ball

By HighSpeedMike

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Elioc1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

As topic says, we hit the ball directly into Broadside on Black Rose, and the ball bounces back about 70% of the time. We have the wireframe on the inbound of the shot, but i noticed that there is no spring on it. Does it need one? Has anyone else seen this issue?
Thanks.

1 year later
#2 7 years ago

I have one that as well is a pain in the butt to keep the ball in there. Has anyone come up with any mod for this? The gate is in good shape but it does not adjust or anything. If it drops in it's fine but a medium to hard shot it comes right back out. Very frustrating. Instead of angles steel to help drop the ball down in the hole it has a post behind the hole. Crappy design. anyone ever try installing something else or do any type of mod to make it better? Looking for suggestions!

Thanks!

11 months later
#3 6 years ago

Bump! I've got a Black Rose with the same problem.

Any medium or hard shot to the broadside (including the cannon fire) bounces right back out. If the ball bounces/roll in at slow speed the mechanism works fine.

Any suggestions are appreciated. (I cleaned out the mechanism and playfield, so I don't think it's a dirt issue.)

4 months later
#4 5 years ago

I took that post out. I tried to add some felt to soften the impact, but it didn't help much. On mine, the most reliable cannon shot is to bounce it in off the left side. Sometimes it gets on a roll and accepts multiple broadsides in a row, but at times it will turn evil and shut you down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside