Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am getting an old Black Pyramid that has been stored for a very long time playable again.

I seem to be having a couple of issues I need help with....

The right flipper will fire (if you hit the button) even when the game is in attract mode. The left flipper fires about one in 10-15 times but only if in a game. Occasionally the left sling will fire when the left button is pressed.

Suggestions???

#2 9 years ago

Looked though the forum search but no answers on where to start.

It also seems like I have power issues. The displays all fade and flicker now if the game is on for more than a couple of minutes.

#3 9 years ago

Connectors are a real problem for the old Bally's.

The flipper could be a bad relay on the SDB.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-quick-bally-driver-board-repair-bulletproofing

#4 9 years ago

Like Vid said, there's a flipper enable relay on the solenoid driver board. It should pull in during gameplay to give the flipper coils a path to the cab switches. A locked on flipper relay would explain the flippers being active in attract mode.

J1 and J2 are where the flippers coils and cab switches connect to the driver board. Any intermittent connections here would cause intermittent flipper behavior. It's always a good idea to rebuild these as they're quite prone to failure. Also check to make sure left cab switch and EOS are clean and properly adjusted.

The phantom sling fires could be a number of things. First check to make sure the sling switch contacts aren't gapped too close. If they're good, try clipping one leg of the ceramic disc capacitor wired across the sling switch. If the phantom closures go away, replace the cap.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks guys...will do some testing and post results!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-pyramid-flipper-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.