Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by BC_Gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

RampScrew (resized).jpg
Support (resized).jpg
Installed (resized).jpg
Now-Available (resized).png
RampScrew (resized).jpg
Support (resized).jpg
Installed (resized).jpg
962445FB-EB6A-4A08-9035-2D9ADCC90F2F (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
New Support v16 (resized).png

#1 8 months ago

Now-Available (resized).png

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-mods/black-pearl-ramp-support

- Helps support the top of the ramp to the BP
- Overall height screw adjustment (no tools)
- Independently adjustable port and starboard padded platforms
- Lifts ramp up over screw which digs in to the ramp
- No permanent modifications, uses existing mechanisms for install

Easy install, just a few screws to remove and a few minutes of adjustment.

In stock and shipping!

------------------------------------

Big thanks to koops for figuring this thing out and making the original. We've collaborated on some design changes and I'm working on some tweaks. I wanted to get a thread started for those who have been waiting on this and asking about it. I'll post some updates as it gets closer. Here's a view of the current iteration which is still getting some work done to it. The idea is that you should be able to adjust this as much as needed to level and support your ramp.
New Support v16 (resized).png
Installed (resized).jpgSupport (resized).jpgRampScrew (resized).jpg

#2 8 months ago

Looking good!

1 week later
#3 8 months ago

Just about there. Doing a fitment test once this is done printing. Overall height is adjustable and then each support piece is adjustable. I am going to see if I need to reinforce anything, already made some pieces thicker.

pasted_image (resized).png
#4 8 months ago
962445FB-EB6A-4A08-9035-2D9ADCC90F2F (resized).png
#5 8 months ago

That's how I feel watching the printer. The lower quality prints for this take like 2-3 hours but the higher quality ones when I get close to done take like 4-5 hours. I even got another printer... but it's printing parts for itself right now, lol. Gotta mod the printers!

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

That's how I feel watching the printer. The lower quality prints for this take like 2-3 hours but the higher quality ones when I get close to done take like 4-5 hours. I even got another printer... but it's printing parts for itself right now, lol. Gotta mod the printers!

I meant to say that I was an interested observer

#8 8 months ago

Looks great! Count me in!

#9 8 months ago

Very excited to get this installed!

Any idea on availability timeframe?

#10 8 months ago

Been printing witch parts. Gonna start on printing this next. I need to see how long the high quality version will take and then I'll get it posted to the site. I think we can start shipping next week. Brb!

#11 8 months ago

Been printing witch parts. Gonna start on printing this next. I need to see how long the high quality version will take and then I'll get it posted to the site. I think we can start shipping next week. Brb!

Excellent news!!!! Definitely in for one!

#12 8 months ago

Me too!

1 week later
#13 7 months ago

Tweaked and tested! Ready for ordering, in stock.

https://pinballmods.co/pinball-mods/black-pearl-ramp-support

- Helps support the top of the ramp to the BP
- Overall height screw adjustment (no tools)
- Independently adjustable port and starboard padded platforms
- Lifts ramp up over screw which digs in to the ramp

RampScrew (resized).jpg

Black Pearl Ramp Support

Installed

2 weeks later
#14 7 months ago

Anybody get one of these and install it? Any feedback so far?

1 week later
#15 6 months ago

I don't know if most people who bought are in this thread. I think a lot of it was driven in the POTC thread. I haven't heard much feedback either which I hope means it is working. I just tweaked my when reinstalling my ramp (had to replace the LED strip) and the ramp sits nice as butter. The wire ramp, on the other hand, is now all bent out of shape, lol. Gotta try to do some mechanical force manipulation to see if I can gently suggest it in to place.

It's like the 20th version by now and I think it perfect for its job. koops did a great job coming up with the concept and design. We added on a few touches and a lot of testing. If you want to grab one and don't like it I'll take it back.

#16 6 months ago

I don't know if most people who bought are in this thread. I think a lot of it was driven in the POTC thread. I haven't heard much feedback either which I hope means it is working. I just tweaked my when reinstalling my ramp (had to replace the LED strip) and the ramp sits nice as butter. The wire ramp, on the other hand, is now all bent out of shape, lol. Gotta try to do some mechanical force manipulation to see if I can gently suggest it in to place.
It's like the 20th version by now and I think it perfect for its job. koops did a great job coming up with the concept and design. We added on a few touches and a lot of testing. If you want to grab one and don't like it I'll take it back.

Cool; I will probably order in Jan; I need to finish installing some other stuff I bought two months ago first . Plus I had a new project game unexpectedly fall into my lap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside