New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 222134)

Black Light Serial Numbers

By callmesteam

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by georgejg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2023 (resized).JPG
IMG_3433 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

I randomly looked at a Judge Dredd playfield, that I have hanging on my wall, with a black light tonight and was surprised to see a number appear in the center. I then looked at my complete Dredd game and saw a number on its playfield as well. I checked the serial number, and the number matched. I checked Road Show, and no serial number. A quick Google search showed a few folks sharing pics of their Addams Family Gold playfield black light numbers, but that was about it. I've been in the hobby for about ten years and never knew about this. Pretty neat either way, so I figured I'd share the info...

IMG_2023 (resized).JPGIMG_3433 (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

Yep, this was done to help keep track of when distributors sold outside of their area, which was a no-no back then. There are probably a bunch of old threads kicking around with more detailed info about it and when the practice was started.

#3 2 years ago

I wonder how prevalent it was. I forgot to mention that I also checked Monster Bash, but it didn't have the number either.

1 year later
#4 7 months ago

Yes, my Getaway HSII has one and so does m Indiana Jones, my Addams Family does not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside