• Latest reply 6 years ago by steveopdx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180129_204526 (resized).jpg
1842746760.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

If the game is booting into audits, you have a bad battery or bad RAM on the CPU board.

Reflow the solder on the diagnostic switch connector on the CPU board or replace the header pins entirely. If that's been done, replace the IDC connector with a new crimp on style connector.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I've changed the battery, where is the RAM on the CPU?

Did you carefully inspect the battery socket to make sure the contacts are not corroded? With the game off, measure the voltage between pin 8 and 22 on the RAM chip to make sure you have 4.5 to 5V

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

OK, so it didn't last. The game started playing up again. I replaced the RAM chip with a new one from Great Plains Electronics. Everything works now, even the diagnostic switches which I was surprised about.
One thing to note is that I bought 5 x 5101s from Great Plains. When I put the first one in, the game wouldn't boot at all, so some of these chips might be bad.

You might have a bad socket there. Old single wipe sockets don't last forever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-what-ails-thee-diagnostic-switches-game-start-issues?tu=schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.