(Topic ID: 90032)

black knight upper drop targets wiring... fixed...

By newtoit

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by newtoit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140506_225853.jpg
100_7343.jpg
100_7342.jpg
P1110255.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Ive got the bk up and running. Ive put a good 20 games on it so far, tweeking things out as necessary.
Its got a couple issues and I hope someone on here with a bk can help me.
The upper drop targets are not registering when hit, the coil works and they reset after each ball but during play if you drop the targets they stay down.
When I did the playfield swap I noticed there was a green wire with a black stripe not soldered to anything. This wire is with the wires going to one of the upper drop targets, could this wire be my problem.? I cant find any schematics specifically for bk so im hoping someone with a bk can take a look at theirs.
it is not the light green wire with the black dashes which goes to the drop target switches, it is a dark green wire with a solid black stripe. Any insight is appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

I just had this issue on black knight. There is a green something wire attached to the left drop target (switch I think) of the right bank. This had broke loose and the targets acted as you just explained. I will take a look inside a little later if nobody else has the answer by then.
Ed

#3 5 years ago

The Green w/ Black wire should be connected to the same spot on the drop target as the other Green w/ Black wire that is already there.

(Manual)
The green w/ black switch wire is the column power for the top drop targets and jet bumper.
P1110255.JPG

#4 5 years ago

The first picture is the right bank. Each bank of drop targets has a bundled set of wiring. That may help you determine which green goes to which bank of targets.100_7342.jpg100_7343.jpg

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for all the help. Hereven is a picture just to clarify. The green with black dashes is connected to the first switch on the drop target assembly. The green with solid black stripe is not connected to anything. This is the upper left drop target.20140506_225853.jpg

#6 5 years ago

yeah, your disconnected wire should be connected to the same spot on the drop target switch as the other Green w/ Black wire that is shown in the picture.

#7 5 years ago

Mine has 2 green wires attached. I am guessing Williams used a different type of tracer marking on the second green wire on yours. Could be a difference in production dates. Mine is an early production game with system 6 power supply.

#8 5 years ago

That fixed it... thanks for all the help!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside