(Topic ID: 266544)

Black Knight trough switches

By bobnatlanta

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Some of my BK's trough switches (top & bottom) were occasionally iffy even after the usual business-card-method cleanings. Even with a drop of tuner cleaner spray soaked into the card. Very very aggravating. Saw a tip in Pinside someplace about using something a little stronger like Mother's Mag polish so I rubbed a tiny smidgeon of that into the card and wiped once and then ran a strip of thin cotton sheet thru them several times to be sure they were totally clean, that did the trick. Worked on a EBD drop switch too which sometimes failed to register. Has anybody put brand new leaf switches in BK and *still* had them be glitchy? I suppose switches that are held closed like the trough would cause more issues than ones that are only closed momentarily since they need to reliably be closed whenever they need to be read by the game as closed or open, but my Stern Lightning's multiball holes and troughs have never once failed like this. Makes me wonder maybe it is just a difference on how much extra-stubborn 'gunk' happens to be on them. Unless the flashing really is worn thru of course.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-trough-switches?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.