4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PINTEC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaskett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi all! I recently moved and had the movers move my pins. Black Knight worked fine before the move but when i reset the head at the new house, It wouldn’t start a new game. I quickly realized that the third ball was not being kicked over to the shooter lane kicker under the apron. When i pushed the ball over to ball ramp thrower, the game starts! Plunge ball 1. Ball 1 drains. Game does not register the drain and does not kick ball over to ramp thrower. I Push the ball over again and ball 2 kicks out into shooter lane. Ball 2 drains and doesn’t recognize the drain... you get the gist. I clean the contacts of the outhole switch. That doesn’t fix it. Solenoid test reveals 01 Ball Release is not activating. It looks fine. Switch test reveals no locked switches with no balls loaded. Test also reveals Switch 20 outhole is registering when ball drains. What do i do next?

Thanks in advance!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Have you made sure there is power to the coil.
Can you ground the coil to make it activate?
If so then ground the corresponding transistor on the driver board.

No. Not sure how to do that. Do you know of a video tutorial or repair manual that describes what to do?

#5 4 years ago

Thank you so much! My fellow leaguer and all around great guy, nateluke85 Nate Luke of indianapolispinball.com , called me up and walked me through everything. Now i know how to use my multimeter. I had a ground wire that lost continuity. Reconnected a loose head connector and the Black Knight rides again just in time for family visiting for Thanksgiving! Nate is the man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaskett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-trouble-with-solenoid-01?tu=chaskett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.