(Topic ID: 207436)

Black Knight (sys. 7) - no solenoids and yet F2 fuse is good, what gives?

By solarvalue

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Do you have voltage at the coils?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Thanks Zacaj, I only have a tiny bit of voltage at the coils, 0.6V.

You'll need to trace that back through the chain of connections etc and find where the problem is. Hopefully you have voltage at the rectifier? I think from there, it goes into the power supply board, through the fuse, out of the board again, and then through the playfield-head connector.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

It turns out that the 8A SB fuse has blown (I have the extra fuses installed before the rectifiers). Should I go ahead and replace this fuse or does that mean I need to do something else as well?

Test the rectifier, it could have failed internally.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Do I have to remove the spade connectors to test it? It looks like they have been soldered on.

I've never tried it when it's connected still, not sure if you'll still get good readings. Mine always had the spade connectors for easy removal.

Simple way to test it: put in a really low value fuse (1A fast blow), unplug the power connector going into the PSU (6J1?), and then just fire it up again. If the fuse blows, it's definitely bad

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sys-7-no-solenoids-yet-f2-fuse-is-good-what-gives?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.