36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191211_202019 (resized).jpg
Bkmeme (resized).jpg
BK+BKSOR (resized).JPG
atlantis (resized).jpg
IMG_7376 (resized).jpg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpg
BKAlbum_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
ee41df12ae70c269e3402f6784481c38085d070c (resized).jpg
PB060052 (resized).JPG
PB060048 (resized).JPG
20191124_155756 (resized).jpg
20191124_125417 (resized).jpg
15742254669904232458066232414407 (resized).jpg
20191116_010056 (resized).jpg
20191115_211145 (resized).jpg
20191115_211142 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wackybrakke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 8 months ago

In for an LE! This has been an expensive year so far

#48 8 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Curiosity question here, and it really doesn't matter, but how often do people put games down listed in their collections before they actually have them? Do you do this as you put money down for a deposit or what? I just looked at the game listing for this on the machine database, and according to that, there's already 14 pinsiders with it.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/black-knight-sword-of-rage-le

As soon as I’ve committed to buy a game it goes on my list.

1 month later
#180 7 months ago

The power switch in the head it literally the dumbest thing they ever did. What’s worse is they know we hate it and that it’s a bad idea yet they don’t do anything about it.

#190 7 months ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Put a playfield protector on today. Very easy.
Remove: Flips, slingshot plastics, wireform, backboard (yes, the whole backboard). This will allow you to bend the pf protector into place. No hangup issues on this one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Playfield protectors SUCK

2 weeks later
#405 6 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Any reason to plunge to lower playfield ?

Yep! I like to stack the multi balls. Load 2 in the catapult then focus on the 3 behind the shield. Then once you start that multi lock the last one in the catapult for 6 ball multi ball. Such fun! So after I lock 2 in catapult I launch to lower so I can finish the shield one.

#465 6 months ago

Have yet to figure out why they sell the whole shooter assembly when all you really need in the knob and rod. Hell they could sell just the knob and rod for the same price and double their profit.

#492 6 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Seems there is only one multiball in this game. Which is a three ball multiball, plus one add a ball for a total of four balls. The game holds six balls. Am I missing something?

You can stack catapult and shield multiballs for a 6 ball frenzy! It’s my favorite

#494 6 months ago

You playing a pro or premium

#499 6 months ago

Does the pro not have catapult multi ball? I know it doesn't have the upper play field with the catapult mech, but is there a "virtual" catapult? If so would be the same theory to stack the MB for 6 ball MB. If not then that's a HUGE difference and a reason for sure to get the Prem/LE. I love the upper anyways, but didn't realize maybe it has a whole extra MB

#557 5 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Yes BKSOR has an interlock switch now.

My LE doesn’t

#581 5 months ago

Love this tip!

“Power off. Take the glass off the playfield. Get a ball out of the trough. Level the Flail horizontally with your hand and rub the ball along both side walls and the floor *simultaneously* in the flail lane up and down from top to bottom. If you feel a click on the ball passing over one or more of the screws securing the flail lane floor, grab a #2 Phillips screwdriver and tighten them until you don't feel the click anymore. Screws sticking up too high will make it difficult to get the ball up to the upper playfield. The ball will slam into stuff on the the bottom of the upper playfield.”

That’s exactly what’s happening on mine! Yay I’ll fix it tomorrow. Thanks Steve!

3 weeks later
#765 4 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have found that people diss on every single game out there. For people that love pinball they sure hate pinball machines!

I find it has a lot to do with people praising what they own and dissing what they don’t have to pat themselves on the back for owning the best games in the world and to hope to hold up their “investment” by talking everything else down.

1 week later
#829 4 months ago

Been trying to update and can't get it to work. The file name is sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.zip
I tried:
1) Putting the sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.zip file in a USB and the game doesn't see it
2) Removing the .zip from the file and the game rejects it
3) Extracting the zip on my computer and I get a folder with a sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 file it in. I tried copying the folder with file to USB and game doesn't see it. Tried just the .000 file in the root and game doesn't see it.
4) Tried renaming the sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 file to sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk and the game rejects it.

I know I've run into this with Stern Spike updates before but cant remember the secret sauce. If you look at the Game of Thrones LE download it's just a .spk file, which is what I would expect. IDK why BK is a .zip.

If anyone figures out the magic please let us know!

#833 4 months ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

Did that, no dice. Plus that folder doesn’t contain a spk file, it’s a .000 file

#852 4 months ago

Something isn't right. Anyone with a LE or Premium able to update?
The Premium/LE code is a .zip file on the download site sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.zip
The Pro is a .spk file sword_of_rage_pro-1_00_0.spk

Sounds like the Pro file works fine. If anyone with a Premium/LE was able to update please let me know what you did. If I unzip the file I get sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 and the game rejects it. Seems like Stern posted the wrong file

#854 4 months ago
Quoted from Jalford20:

I was able to update my premium last night. I didn't do anything different than you describe.

Did you unzip the file? If so was it sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000
IF you ended up with a .spk file please let me know what you used to unzip it. I'm using Windows 10 with it's default extraction tool, maybe that's the issue.

#863 4 months ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Just loaded new code. Thanks to my wife, she just Printed out the instructions and followed them no problems loaded perfect.

Pro?

#866 4 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I've got an LE, code loaded up fine. Download the zip, extract it and copy what it extracts onto a thumb drive. Turn off game, insert usb, turn on game, update. Easy.
Thoughts on the code:
I feel like it was a mistake lowering the default mode difficulty to Easy. On the Prem/LE you can destroy modes on the upper playfield just smashing into the Light Lock switch (especially after adding in the new plastic/bump that knocks the ball right back to the flipper). I'm getting Knight spelled on pretty much every game (even the bad ones) as a result of this. Basically, with the default factory settings with this code you can almost guarantee you'll be getting an extra ball, spelling knight and progressing through at least a few modes on every game. It's just too easy now.
My second game on this code and I put up a 126 Mil game completing only like 3 or 4 modes (with a 7.5 deg slope and a relatively sensitive tilt). I'm probably going to be doing some menu diving just so I don't feel like I'm close to finishing the game every time I play.
That being said, most of the update is really great, and I'm excited to get to the new wizard mode.

Huh, the extraction tool must been the issue, what tool did you use to extract?

#872 4 months ago

I tired 7-zip, same hot mess.

Capture (resized).JPG
#874 4 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Have you tried just loading that file onto a stick and running it?

Yes

#876 4 months ago

The game rejects the zip file and rejects the .001.000 files. Ive also tried renaming both to end in .spk and the game rejects it as an invalid file. Curious is ANY Premium or LE people successfully updated and if so, detailed steps of how please. The PRO file is fine.

#877 4 months ago

MAYBE I need to reformat my USB stick, have not tried that but have used it in the past for successful spike updates so IDK

#881 4 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I successfully updated and I'm on LE. I followed the steps Stern gives:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

OK thanks. Guess it's just me then. funny thing is I'm and IT guy an have tired everything known to man. now that I know it's just me I'll shutup and try and figure it out. maybe my trusty USB stick died

#883 4 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

You could also try re-downloading the archive, unlikely, but it could have been corrupt.

Yeah, downloaded like 3 times now...….

#894 4 months ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Thanks. I just tried your procedure -- it didn't work either.

Same here, my game said it isn't a valid spk file. I'm just going to bag this update and wait for the next. Never had so much trouble with an update on Spike before. Something is wrong

1 month later
#1152 3 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a HUO BKSOR LE at a great price. I just don't get how anyone can hate on this game, it's a fucking blast!!! Does Stern HD glass have any special markings to look for? I think I just got a regular sheet of glass with mine which is fine for the price I paid for it.[quoted image]

My precious! Ha ha. I put the original glass back in it. It’s the stern HD. I ran it with PDI. You are good to go great game.
I think if you look at an angle it’s got a greenish hue to it. Anyways, you got the original glass, unused.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cypress, TX
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wackybrakke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside