IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 4 years ago

Arrived at the castle today. BK3LE #127. Good Times. Pictures to come. Some old and some new.

Kudos to Fun! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore in Mesquite, Texas for a turnkey purchase.

IMG_4235 (resized).JPGIMG_4235 (resized).JPG
#270 4 years ago

I suggest ditching the carpet and putting cobblestone in. Nice setup!

#307 4 years ago

Autographed badge for LE. #127

IMG_4260 (resized).JPGIMG_4260 (resized).JPG
#308 4 years ago

Backglass. Limited Edition

IMG_4265 (resized).JPGIMG_4265 (resized).JPG
#312 4 years ago

The upper playfield adds some deliciously pleasant shots. The 3 ball catapult is most excellent. An almost guaranteed multiball if your skills are not failing you. In addition, the upper playfield loop just absolutely pisses off the black knight. Especially when you can get the mojo and loop it 4-6 times consecutively. It takes a quick eye to flipper reaction, but is very satisfying. If you can spare a few extra bucks go premium/LE.

As far as the magna save location. love it! Center bar is the perfect spot. The key, use it or you lose it.

"Stick to the KISS principle."
IMG_4270 (resized).JPGIMG_4270 (resized).JPG

#319 4 years ago

QC issues at stern?

Missing flat head screw at the top ball drop scoop. I snooped around in playfield, looked under playfield in cabinet. Nada. Checked all magnets to see if they picked up any loose metal. Nada. Come on Rich! For 9k$ this machine should definitely not be missing a screw. Clearly a Robot did not put this machine together. Tried and true human error.

Fyi, this does cause the scoop to sag slightly which will in some instances catch the ball at the very end. It will hang before it slips through.

Stern pls. send me replacement screws? Hello from Texas!

IMG_4274 (resized).JPGIMG_4274 (resized).JPG
#322 4 years ago

That sucks. Another tip for the the newbs. Skip step 2 of machine setup... Do not pull the legs out. until you have cut the box open. The legs are not attached in the narrow box sleeves. The legs will stay in the box and will fall backwards in some cases. If you have the LE. Pray a tip of the metal leg does not hit the glass and break it.

Not cool!

It most cases it will hit the head box(wood). Not worth the chance. If you have Gorilla arms you can reach down in and grab the legs. My recommendation is to leave the narrow box tubes in machine. Cut the back box open then gently pull the box tubes with legs out.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

$0.20 and a trip to the hardware store should get you back online while you wait for screws to arrive.

Have the screws. But I don't like being screwed a screw. Hell even the boutiques like spooky have better quality control. Where's the love?

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Spooky is for sure not immune. My buddy’s TNA came out of the box with a non working LCD display.

Right on! I had a bad node board in my Stern AS LE NIB. I get it. PCB boards go bad or connectors wiggle loose. This is a nutz and boltz issue. Unacceptable.

1 week later
#379 4 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Hey I'm glad you posted this...I've only gotten a dozen games in but was hearing a clinking at the top of the shooter. I am missing the exact same screw. I emailed stern and my distributor (wasn't sure who to contact).[quoted image]

Chas or Patrick at Stern will send you the replacement screws. Very low profile screws. Not very many threads. I suggest if you use the stock screw to blue locktite them. They will work themselves out. Most of the ramps have them. With the Shaker motor going they will pop out. I added a dab of " blue" locktite on any I could get a screw driver to .

#406 4 years ago

Latest BK3 accessory listed. Seems like something they could have added to all machines and or the LE model at the very least. 92$ total with shipping.

BlackKnight-Plunger_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgBlackKnight-Plunger_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

#458 4 years ago

Be sure to tap the machine screw holes prior to putting on. Makes it a much easier install. For a hundo you would think we could get the screw holes covered prior to painting them. They are loaded with black paint overspray; thus making the machine screw an unfriendly fit.

Tappy tap tap!

A few sizing picks, old vs. new and on the machine. You know what the say about the longer the plunger head?..... It's compensation.

"Get off my yard!"

IMG_4338 (resized).JPGIMG_4338 (resized).JPGIMG_4340(1) (resized).JPGIMG_4340(1) (resized).JPG
#462 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Do you have to install the entire new plunger assembly, or could you just switch the plunger rods? Don’t have my game yet, so I can’t check it myself.

Plunger is pressed in. That would be an incredible PITA attempting that from what I can tell. Remove glass. Lift playfield and remove three machine screws. Tap the screw holes on new plunger assembly to remove over spray paint; install with the three machine screws. Lower playfield, insert glass and marvel at its beauty.

It's the shooter rod Blues...................

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He is talking about the whole rod including the new skull head. Normally you take off the rubber tip, remove the clip and spring, slide the plunger rod out and then install the new one in the opposite order. Why sell the entire thing including the housing????

I say scratch where it itches as far as method......It's the same housing. Selling it as an assembled unit.

1 month later
#740 4 years ago

Yes, but nothing a simple black 3/16 rub won't cure around the 2nd top most post in the upper playfield. The new plastic cut out is not cut very well and it would cut into the back cape of the Knight without a mod. Can't have that. Some locktite, kick ass topper and more code please ; this is what I crave.

#741 4 years ago

Point on upper PF decals. The nakedness of the upper playfield drop scoop. Two nice fireball decals on the two other ball drops and nothingness on the ball drop from the start....... Why would Master Stern eek out of this very minor but important detail?

IMG_4616 (resized).JPGIMG_4616 (resized).JPGIMG_4614 (resized).JPGIMG_4614 (resized).JPGIMG_4619 (resized).JPGIMG_4619 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#791 4 years ago

1) LE/PRE the catapult stopped sensing balls. It kicks the ball out. Noticed that sensor connector in the back was loose and not locked in place. Pulled playfield forward and you can get to the plug easier and snap it back in place. If it pops out again I'll hot glue it.

2)The assembled unit for upper playfield flipper is clearly an issue and needs adjustment. Ball will trap under the white plastic fitting below the flipper.

3) If the plunger rod accessory is ordered be sure to have them replace the orange shooter spring with a higher tension spring. The orange doesnt have enough balls to complete the task.

IMG_4629 (resized).jpgIMG_4629 (resized).jpg
#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Jalford20:

Yes sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 is the file name. Dowloaded zip file to desktop. Copied spk file out of zip file. Then copied/pasted file onto thumb drive. Worked fine. Not sure if I am running Windows 10. I can confirm when I get home tonight.

Interesting that you were able to load 1.0 Version with no .spk file appended. Its not listed as a spk file without it.

#961 4 years ago

Track listing for LE BKSOR soundtrack vinyl..... Nice piece of heavy metal history. Full of tasty shredology. Baby Blue vinyl color wouldn't have been my first choice............$20 retail. Street price is going up.........

IMG_4646 (resized).jpgIMG_4646 (resized).jpgIMG_4648 (resized).jpgIMG_4648 (resized).jpg
#963 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How do we buy that sound track?

It was only sold at the the 2019 comic con in California at the Stern booth. All 100 copies gone . Not sure if they will re release on digital or wax format.

2 weeks later
#1080 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

No offense, but do you think guests at your party are going to tell you they suck or don't like them though? . And I'm not saying I don't like them, just that guest opinions are usually skewed on things out of courtesy.

Someone needs a hug............

7 months later
#2415 4 years ago

Just added the side armor and the topper to LE. All the hardware is included with side armor and can be used as needed. The powder coat on the original rails does look nice, but the new armor does have a nice touch. I could give or take on the armor. Decision to leave on. Topper is a really cool feature. It tends to mimic the action and responses. The plastics surrounding it are super fragile. Two of the pieces on mine were busted up pretty bad on delivery. Once offices open back up they plan on sending me the replacements plastics. Few photos attached to show the goods.
IMG_6751 (resized).JPGIMG_6751 (resized).JPGIMG_6753 (resized).JPGIMG_6753 (resized).JPGIMG_6755 (resized).JPGIMG_6755 (resized).JPG

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

You had me confused because you said "art blades." I thought to myself "Why do you need to add art blades to an LE - they already come with ones pre-installed exclusively for the LE, don't they? It actually took me 1 minute before I noticed the side armor installed because I kept looking at the cabinet wall inside your game!
I have a Premium and was inclined not to get them. After seeing them on your LE, I don't think I'd like them on mine. But I've been looking for someone to post a nice picture of them installed on a game before deciding that, so thank you so much!
Very sorry to hear about the arrival condition of your topper. Hopefully they'll be able to get those replacements plastics to you soon. I can't imagine they need the line to be operating to fetch them off the floor for you, but I also don't know exactly how tight of a lockdown they're under/chose to implement with all the virus stuff apparently getting worse.

Had Blades to the brain. Side armor. Yeah, the boys at Stern replied back, once the places open back up they will ship me a couple replacements. Figured since the topper was 400+, I should have a topper that is not busted up. I patched up the pieces and the unit works with no issues. Fyi, hometown Iowa City. Go Hawks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=trex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.