36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 407 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
bk pos 2 (resized).jpg
bk pops (resized).jpg
20191211_202019 (resized).jpg
Bkmeme (resized).jpg
BK+BKSOR (resized).JPG
atlantis (resized).jpg
IMG_7376 (resized).jpg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpg
BKAlbum_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
ee41df12ae70c269e3402f6784481c38085d070c (resized).jpg
PB060052 (resized).JPG
PB060048 (resized).JPG
20191124_155756 (resized).jpg
20191124_125417 (resized).jpg
15742254669904232458066232414407 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilted81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 8 months ago

In on a pro. Pretty excited! The music, the animations, the freakin speech! And holy hell does that topper sound BA!

#64 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Where was this elusive topper I’ve heard about?

2 more burning castle gates like in the game. And 3 motors to control black knights head! Smh no way! And tilts back to laugh at you! Bwahahaha! Stuff of legends man!

#65 8 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

2 more burning castle gates like in the game. And 3 motors to control black knights head! Smh no way! And tilts back to laugh at you! Bwahahaha! Stuff of legends man!

22BE62F7-44D7-4076-A2EE-D47FFA008A51 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#80 8 months ago

Ahwe man, the callouts in this game could be the best of all time! It’s like Steve’s greatest hits all coming together...the taunts at the start of the game are fantastic. “Come at me bro, bwahaha!”. I’m not sure what they did with the audio, but this thing sounds awesome outta the box. The music is outstanding!

1 week later
#93 7 months ago

Most of you know, but always blue loctite... NO RED

Also, after playing this I gotta say that the black knight mech as a whole is just really well done. Easily one of the best toys in pinball

1 week later
#124 7 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Crickey how do some of y'all get such good scores! I'm just past 100 games and my best is still around 36 million

I haven’t figured out scoring totally yet, but I like to sit on two ball locks until I have a at least one super feature going, and I like to have a mode lit to start at TKC. As I’m hitting jackpots in triple knights challenge I try and start more super features as they become available. I’m not sure how to get to retro mode, but somehow that seems to be the key for having games that are 100 mil plus. At least for me anyhow...

#126 7 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

So I had the knights challenge insert lit once but had a brick power drain and failed. I believe you have to spell knight on the playfield by hitting so many shots in modes and that gets you into the retro mode. I haven't done it yet so maybe someone else can confirm.

I agree, I thought that may have been how to start as well. I thought it gave me a letter for the 2nd consecutive shot on a mode light.. it’s just too hard to play and see how your progressing

#130 7 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else noticing that the super features and the combos do nothing in the code at this time kind of odd

They don’t increase scoring on that feature?

Also, what happens after you get the 3 hurry ups? You get a knight letter?

#135 7 months ago

Hell yea! ========================
Fixed:
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused balls to become trapped behind the
shield on weak shots.
- Fixed an issue that could cause top lanes to appear lit for skill shot
when they shouldn't have been.
- Removed top and bottom lanes from award light shows.
- Fixed an issue that prevented 2.5m from being scored as a possible award
and sometimes skipping mystery as a result.
- Fixed an issue where Mystery would show Light Super and Start a super
feature.
- Fixed an issue where multiple flail impact sounds could play.
- Fixed an issue which caused the shield diverter duty-cycle to
expire when it shouldn't have.
- Fixed an issue where some display effects would stop on the tilt display
effect.

Tweaked:
- Boosted the amount of sword power earned from drop target hits, bank
completions, and center shot hits.
- Added multiple scoreboxes to each Skeleton during a Pop Bumper session.
- Modified Wicked Cavern mode so it will never have only 1 shot lit on the
center target.
- Change the Ball 1 Locked and Ball 2 Locked videos so that they show as
full screen display effects.
- Modified the presentation order of effects on the Shield VUK. Mode Start
will always be the last display effect shown.
- Updated the light show for End of Ball Bonus.
- Added the Flame Panel to attract light show.
- Revised attract light show to make them more smooth.
- Default number of modes for extra ball updated to 2.
- Modified spinner display effect to use full-length scores instead of abbreviated.
- Speech, FX, and Music volumes and tweaks.
- Score balancing.
- Tweaked the order of some speech calls.
- Default lower flipper power set to Hard.
- Verified consistency in fonts to display scores.

New:
- Added additional high score entries.
- Combo Champion
- KNIGHT Champion
- Black Castle Champion
- WAR Champion
- Bonus Champion
- Triple Knight's Challenge Champion
- Molten Fire Champion
- Deep Freeze Champion
- Mud Bog Champion
- Wicked Cavern Champion
- Burning Sands Champion
- Super Champion
- Added sounds to sound test.
- Updated the UI to show the following information:
- Lightning Effect while POWER modifier is active during a mode.
- Pulsing background glow to running super feature icons.
- Values for Super Orbits, Super Lanes, Super Slings, and Super Targets.
- Super Feature Collect Jackpot value.
- Add game adjustment for Shield Diverter power.
- Add game adjustment for Trough power.
- Added 5 difficulty settings for KNIGHT letters. Install competition defaults to
Extra Hard (0 Letters spotted)
- Updates to Flail Motor:
- Enabled STALL TIMEOUT mechanism.
- Motor can detect stalls caused by a stuck ball.
- Enhanced flail motor opto detection/compensation
- Added start effects for Black Knight Original Multiball.
- Added light effect for Combos on the orbit shots.
- Added additional Black Knight Taunts throughout the game.
- Competition mode now makes the order of mystery effects deterministic.
- Added display effects for Magna Save Available and Ball Save Lit.

#136 7 months ago

I’m still hearing more taunts and callouts... very excited to hear there is gonna be EVEN MORE!

#139 7 months ago

Love what they did w/ start of retro mode! The taunts are certainly increased throughout gameplay!

#162 7 months ago

The kenwoods on mle are 5.25’s you mean your going to put 4” kenwoods in right?

#174 7 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Agreed- I hate the power switch location on the new Stern games. Plus when you have a pingulp cup in between it really sucks....

I hated it until I realized my kids were no longer turning games on and off for fun. Also, I remedied the pingulp problem by mounting them all forward facing. (Right hand gulp = forward facing left hand) and when ya have em all lined up it looks nicer that way

#176 7 months ago

I put a flipper fidelity big meaty and Beaty 10” 3 way kit in my game the other nite. Overall it improved the audio. It’s much clearer, the knights voice would distort the factory drivers pretty badly at moderate volume levels. I went with the 3way 10” because I plan on hooking this game up to an external amp via pinnovator output anyhow. This game rocks!

1 week later
#281 6 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Knight mode is awesome! Took me many games before I got there.

Are you talking about the retro mode, or the black castle? Both are BA

#317 6 months ago

I had the same issue with the ball getting stuck under the shield. On the pro the only other annoying thing I’ve had is the plastic on the upper left. I had to remove it because it kept coming loose and flopping over the wire form to catch and hold the balls going up the ramp.. frankly I’m surprised it didn’t break. I can’t believe that think doesnt have feet or something to keep it from shifting

#357 6 months ago

Ha I wondered the same. It’s gotta be the droning music at ball launch. Never bothered me btw

#374 6 months ago

Goes directly in front of the knight. Under his shield, and in front of the ramp... it’s like the whole area

#381 6 months ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I think we need it, I'm getting some dimples from the ball dropping right there.

I don’t understand why it wasn’t there from the factory? Chances of me getting that on bubble free since being riddled w/ divots is about 0% I’d say.

#386 6 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Bubbles have a lot more to do with technique than dimples. Sure doing it before the dimples would be preferable, but doing a piece of mylar that size is not easy even on a perfectly smooth playfield. If you do it right, roll it down slowly and keep the bubbles out as you go, it will be fine. I've laid mylar on old Williams games that were as dimpled as can possibly be and had no bubbles...

#387 6 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Bubbles have a lot more to do with technique than dimples. Sure doing it before the dimples would be preferable, but doing a piece of mylar that size is not easy even on a perfectly smooth playfield. If you do it right, roll it down slowly and keep the bubbles out as you go, it will be fine. I've laid mylar on old Williams games that were as dimpled as can possibly be and had no bubbles...

Agree.. and what I was really trying to say is it would have been preferable to have had it done at the factory.

#454 6 months ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Yeah. The storm-trooper head is really odd. I actually don't want to explain what it fells like to use it.

The jester for Aerosmith is the worst. It’s like a really bad handshake... every time

3 weeks later
#652 5 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tonight I found a gray shooter spring in my spare parts pile and put it on my Stern skull shooter mod in BKSOR. This spring is just right for the job! Gray is two steps stronger than the orange spring that came with the mod. The extra power in this spring easily makes the upper playfield without being overly powerful. So anyone buying a stronger spring for the replacement shooter, I would go with gray/silver.
Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

Good tip! You happy with the shooter as far as feel and everything goes? I’ve thought about picking one up a couple times now.. looks like it sticks out really far? Does it look it in person?

#668 5 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

when is the new code for the pro coming out ?

I’m pretty excited for some backbox animation man. Breath some life into it back there. Just going dark between lighting effects would be killer. This games so awesome...

1 week later
#722 5 months ago

Big shout out to Tilt Graphics on these decals for the rails. They really finish it off nice, and covers up some of that stainless in the back.
EF276060-B6E7-4558-8BEE-C1700C5D7704 (resized).jpegafterAE7A7B2E-D128-481B-AB0C-2415E43060F3 (resized).jpeg the lockdown bar plate is pretty awesome too!

#723 5 months ago

Cut this out of some of the remaining decal and put em on the spinner bracket. Kinda torn what do you guys think Leather or wood?

28F936D5-52B5-464E-AB7E-2810D06D05CF (resized).jpeg
#726 5 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did the blue rubber ball deflector come that color when you ordered your game? Mine is black.

Mines an early game... man I wish it was black

#735 5 months ago
Quoted from Lord_RyGuy:

My PRO has the blue as well.. It's dated April 18 2019 . I think that's a pretty early one.

Yea that’s an early one! Mines dated April 4th which is like a week before the public saw it. Prolly don’t get much earlier that that.

2 weeks later
#848 4 months ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Can you install from .94 to 1.00 or do you have to update to .97 first?

Yea, just install the newest code. You don’t have to step it up.

#887 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The code update wiped my high scores…is that normal?

It is this time around. Says so in the read me file.

#904 4 months ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Sorry, but these call outs completely ruin the image of the Black Knight for me. When I want humor with my knights and castles, I’ll play Medieval Madness.

100% this. Not a fan of the soft callouts. Really like the polishing the game got everywhere else, but I’ll likely revert back to .94 if 1.0 goes unchecked. I was totally turned off by it last nite!

#978 4 months ago

New stern art blades certainly add to the art package!

1711722A-D896-4F87-BF16-5E52E480C6EA (resized).jpeg89BD76A2-9CA6-4D16-A508-B66B8BD81278 (resized).jpegD0443F92-6C5E-4602-8B2F-F593C416A6F1 (resized).jpeg
#1001 4 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Got the new Speakerlightkit.com LE kit with mirrored acrylic inserts. Easy installation and they look fantastic. Here is a quick video on the out of box setting:

Dude, those are bad ass! Wish I could get em for my pro

2 weeks later
#1099 3 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just installed Flipper Fidelity’s Meaty Beaty Big and Bassy 10”3-way Speaker System in my Pro. Wow!!!! Clarity and sound impact is greatly improved! This speaker package is amazing and I personally think this is way better than their normal, more expensive 10” bass speaker kit I had put in my Walking Dead. Gonna be messing around with the sound levels to make it perfect to my liking. This pin has such an adrenaline filled soundtrack, I didn’t know what I was missing until I put these speakers in.
Jason[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got a set in mine too and love em! Noticed right away the distortion at factory settings was gone. Haven’t found an optimal setting yet but the cab speaker doesn’t seem to like going over +6.93db w/ the speech @ factory settings... I feel like it’s the breakpoint on speech distortion. The 3 way cab speaker is where it’s at, especially with THIS soundtrack!

2 weeks later
#1136 3 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

*** Check your play fields ***
Folks, couple of guys have posted on the mega chipping thread that they have BK:SOR with chipping. Can I ask you to all check and if you have chipping to report it to your dealer...
thanks,
Neil.

First I’ve heard of anything on bksor. Is it an isolated area?

1 month later
#1426 55 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Price is the same as The Munsters topper. Seems they raised the price $30 on any animated topper.

Actually they lowered em. Game of thrones was 5 Hundo.
Hoping to see what the new armor looks like on game... another big sword doesn’t seem like it’d fit on my pro

#1451 52 days ago

The ramp on the pro is money. Nice and smooth.. feeds the flipper at a good rate

2 weeks later
#1506 36 days ago

I’m hoping they could treat Either just the left, or both vuk’s on the pro as physical ball locks for another multi-ball sequence. It’d have to imagine it’s certainly possible with where we are in coding nowadays

2 weeks later
#1619 18 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks... acdc vault is interesting. I was sure the pf problems started with bk and went through JP etc.

Nope. St, AC/DC, Deadpool, Maiden, Munsters, bk, jp, or anything else that was produced from basically the beginning of 2018-now.

#1640 16 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallica LED and Iron Maiden both have these issues!

Ah, yea I hit maiden but forgot about Metallica. Not to derail the thread but how awesome is it that they produced that game for like 6 years

2 weeks later
#1801 1 day ago

Puttin deject protectors on maiden and bksor and can’t figure out how to put these right side ones on. It’s like they need extra holes in them...

image (resized).jpg
#1803 21 hours ago
Quoted from John_I:

The right side ones slip under the metal rail. You have to loosen the wood screws from underneath the playfield enough to slip it in. Then adjust it just right as you tighten them down. I know there are a couple of different models. I had to drill an extra hole in the right side protector for Star Wars but not for BK.

I remedied it by throwing them in the trash.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilted81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside