IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Stern didn't seem to have a problem putting 2 extra flipper buttons on the cabinet for Munsters Premium and LE, so it's not like they couldn't put a second one on the right side of the cabinet for BKSOR Magna-Save. That said, I personally like the challenge of it - not only for having to move a hand (if not a gut) to hit the center button for Magna-Save, but also to unlearn the reaching for it on the side that has been drilled into me over many years playing BK2K.
Simply put, I see it as an "in this game, something that used to be there is now over here" - sorta like what happens on every playfield of every pin (the blatant rip-offs notwithstanding.)

I think I remember hearing SR state something to the effect that the center button location was done purposefully in order to add an additional element of challenge and force us to develop a new skill ("Play better!"). As for me, I also like the challenge and find it to be another cool thing that differentiates BKSOR from its dad and granddad.

5 months later
#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I contacted Stern and asked about the topper as well and they ignored my email. Asked my distributor if he’s heard anything and still nothing. Already paid for it upfront so I would hopefully get one of the earlier ones, but I struck out big time. Anybody else have a topper on order and waiting for delivery?
BTW.....have a premium and I love it! So glad I got it for my collection.

Ordered (and CC charged) 4/2 from LSOG, still waiting. I will probably call them today or Monday just to make sure I am still in the queue (no communication from them since the original order receipt email).

Love my prem too, but I have mostly avoided playing the game since ordering the topper just to try to maximize that "new again" feeling I'll have after a prolonged absence plus topper and new code!

4 months later
#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

I’m assuming this isn’t normal and that I’m missing a spacer on one side of my flail, right? The ball freely moves between the end of the rod and the spring. See pics.

Mine was like that too; yes, both ends should have the same spacer, which is just a black zip tie (don't remember the exact size, I just raided my junk box and eyeballed it).

1 year later
#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

So.... what you guys are saying is don't upgrade until these issues have been addressed?

That’s the “take-home” point I’m reading between the lines.

I decided long ago to stay far away from any software update with a version number ending in zero, regardless of the manufacturer or device, and it has no doubt saved me from a heap of frustration!

Hopefully we’ll soon get a “.1” fix, as the added features are definitely desirable.

#4425 2 years ago
Quoted from Andydn:

They’re looking into this, had a chat with George Gomez on messenger and he got very defensive which shocked me. Fingers crossed it gets fixed asap

Did you experience any problems beyond those already mentioned by ezatnova?

I am not sure how to read into Gomez’s demeanor, as defensiveness is a bit out of character for him. Perhaps they are getting inundated with problems (several titles had updates released today), and he is feeling a little overwhelmed? Regardless, if he says they are working on it I tend to believe him, so hopefully it won’t be too long.

#4433 2 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

My take away here- is people that have or want this pin are quite passionate about it. Myself included. I expect Stern will fix the most recent software update bugs (hopefully in short order). We may never get all the software upgrades we seek, but man, this pin is a real beauty.
I keep dreaming of more toppers.. cash in hand ready
Cheers

That’s the truth, this game really gets under your skin!

Don’t know what it is, but this is definitely a “pinball player’s pin” in the same way that Allan Holdsworth and Steve Vai are “musician’s musicians”.

I got lucky with a topper in early 2020; I know the desire is high out there, and I’m conflicted. We still love it and think it “completes” the game, but at the same time it’s hard to ignore that I could probably realize a 500% return on the “investment”. That being said, I feel gouging my pinball brothers and sisters like that would be kind of a dick move, and I’d prefer to be one of the “good guys”; however, THAT being said I’m no chump either, so the idea of benevolently selling at cost is also hard to swallow! (Therefore, it stays where it is.)

#4466 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

- Added adjustment "UPPER PLAYFIELD TARGET SPOTS SHOTS" that defaults to YES.
Competition install sets it to NO, and does not allow the Light Lock target
on the upper playfield to spot monster mode shots.
I just noticed this on the prem/LE code update. Being a pro guy, I hadn't paid attention to it. I have to admit...this one change has made me 100% more interested in a potential upgrade. Probably the biggest reason I prefer the pro (other than the obvious flow increase) is I HATE the idea of just bashing away at that target to complete the modes. One of the best things about this game are the unique battles...each one is completely different and fun. To me the prem/LE sucks the life right out of the battles by allowing you to just smack a standup target instead. I could see maybe allowing a spotted shot once per battle, but not all of the shots. Now that we can turn that ridiculous "feature" off, that's huge to me.
So why not...I'll just throw this out there. If anyone with a premium or LE within reasonable driving distance (from Plymouth, WI) wants to trade down to a pro plus cash, let me know. Maybe we can work something out. Still not positive I want to go there since I really love the flow of the pro, but it's worth thinking about!

I have a Prem (sorry, not selling) and have played Pro quite a bit, and I think the difference in flow is a little exaggerated (plus, the upper PF adds a little flow of its own). I think if you own a Premium for a while you’ll likely appreciate the minor trade-off, as the upgrades are worthwhile and add depth and variety to the gameplay. The ability to turn off shot-spotting fixes the major issue of the shots being unbalanced in favor of the upper playfield and even has the potential to delay the game getting stale.

(Plus, it never gets old trying to see how fast and how long you can get the ball ripping around the upper PF orbit; it’s short but sweet.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.