IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3139 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Personally I love the alt soundtrack way more.. seems more adventureish.. the original just gets so repetitive.

Can you change which soundtrack plays without opening the coin door?

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

No setting 110 under adjustments

Thats too bad. It should be a "hold both flippers before game start" option so location players could choose their preference. And allow the operator to set which is the default.

3 weeks later
#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

when it goes to reset sometimes it will reset and sometimes it won't. It pops up and acts like it's not catching

so it goes up but doesnt stay up? you could stretch the spring a little bit so there isnt so much downward pressure.

It could also be that the plunger that resets the bank isn't travelling quite far enough for that specific drop target to catch on its lip

1 week later
#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I did with the card update, so all was erased. No problem, time to set a new high score. Also if code changes to much you should delete scores anyway since it could be much harder to get a high score.

Even if you update through the SD card method, there is an option in the settings, I think in the install menu, to backup settings (including high scores) and then another option to restore settings. So you can back them up, update the SD card and then restore your settings including all of the little settings adjustments you may have made.

But I definitely agree about resetting high scores if the code changes significantly affect a games overall scoring.

#3343 3 years ago

You could implement an additional use of the action button by holding it. Hit it normal for magnasave, hold it for a few seconds for something else.

#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Doesn’t really seem like much point to update.

I really dont see why you wouldnt update, obviously thats your choice but I don't see the benefit of not updating even if the code update isnt as significant is it could be.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Try taking a hand off the flipper button to hold the action button "for a few seconds" mid-game and see how that goes

Shoot into the left vuk, hold action button, cash out super modes. Or shoot into pops or shoot the center ramp. There's definitely room for a mechanic like that to be worked into the game.

2 weeks later
#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are we ever going to see the much needed low hanging fruit tweaks that this game needs?

Maybe after they get Led Zeppelin out the door and ready to go. I imagine Tim has been very busy in the lead up to that release. Maybe by the time I actually find one on the used market, the code will receive it's final polish.

4 weeks later
#3519 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

There is a fan mod. It is being talked about in other threads. Not sure who is making it. Pinmonk I think?

I put them on my TMNT and it makes a huge difference in a longer game. Pretty easy to install, a bit pricey, but 100% worth it!

3 months later
#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Recently been having the game eject two balls during play (for example when locking one in catapult and having it auto fire a new one). Any thoughts? Optos, or auto plunger adjustment? I almost think it’s trying to fire a ball, and it gets hung up, and then the game thinks it didn’t try to eject one so then it ejects two.

Check to make sure the connectors to the trough opto board (attached to the trough itself) are firmly seated. I had a recurring problem on my ghostbusters where the connector would loosen up over time and the issue would pop up intermittently, reseat connector and it would work fine for a few months.

2 weeks later
#3902 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dean is a fan of pinball from way back ... but not a “Pinside” pinball fanatic like us.

You could definitely tell from his questions/comments that he knows pinball, not necessarily the absolute latest fanatic stuff though. I thought it was a really good interview with great appeal outside our bubble.

2 months later
#4165 2 years ago

1 month later
#4300 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

[Black Castle]
All other monster battles let you continue when lose your ball. Even if they time out, you can start them again by hitting the flail/knight/shield X number of times. After all the effort in reaching this battle, it's so deflating being sent back to the start should you fail. There's no ball save at the start. No ball save available with in the mode. You can't stack multi ball with it. You're forced to hit the 3 most dangerous shots in the game 12 times. The flail and shield are well known for sending the ball straight down the middle with no opportunity for the player to react. By all means have an option to send the player back to the start under comp settings. But in the home environment, the current set up should never have been the default. It otherwise has an awesome music track and is an enjoyable shot layout to battle against the Black Knight. But the way in which the player is punished (often due to bad luck from the shield or flail) is not fun.

I can't agree more! I played on location yesterday and got to Black Castle 3 times. I got to one shot away from completing it and drained, drained after my first shot ricochetted to the left outlane and then drained without taking a single shot on a flipper fumble trying to trap the ball.

3 weeks later
#4346 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

And give us more ways to earn letters so RANSOM is a little more common too. Less spotted letters initially, but more ways to earn them would be awesome.

Totally agree, plus adding another MB would provide one more opportunity for a RANSOM letter. 1 letter for collecting a maxed out super mode? That would give more reason to go for that "Super Jackpot" outside of the first Retro MB.

1 month later
#4397 2 years ago

That ball save addition to Black Castle is a nice change.

#4401 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I still would have loved to see more ways to earn KNIGHT letters to help get there in-game.

What are the ways to earn RANSOM Letters? From each of the modes, Triple Knight MB Super Jackpot, War Hurry Completion, is that all?

#4408 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah, I think those are all. I mostly only see them from modes. WAR are dangerous death shots. Yeah, I still get suckered into trying, but usually regret it, LOL. I can rarely keep Triple Knight going long enough to get a super. Yeah I know..play better. But there could have been way more ways of earning them. Super Skill Shot especially, which would give a reason to actually bother with it. As of now, no reason to try for the SSS since you are giving up a WAR letter to hit it.

I feel like things like, X# of ball save standup completion, X# of magna save target bank completions, maybe "u-turns" as well. And I've also noticed if you have KNIGHT spelled out, and get another letter, it wont carryover to your 2nd KNIGHT completion.

1 week later
#4475 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

So he fixed the new code but never added the multi ball for the pro WTF????

If you expected that he was gonna add the MB in this most recent bug fix update, you really only have yourself to blame. Now, if Tim had said publicly that he was going to add it, that'd be a different story but the idea of adding catapult or any additional mb is a wishlist item of fans, not an actual plan.

1 month later
#4624 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Making the decision to collect it during Knight mode is difficult since it's current value not shown on the UI at all - so hard to make a call if it's worth collecting. Why implement supers in the way they are then hide the value during the most valuable mode for them, leaving the player to guess!?

I still think we could have collection via a hold instead of a press. Hold and Press detection work fine in Mandalorian when the game chooses between using an item or the flame thrower. That could easily be used here for super collection.

I totally agree with you on this. Or even if a successful Super Mode collect didn't burn your magnasave (essentially a successful collect would immediately re-light maganasave).

One note about the 2X and 3X achievements, if you collect the 3X it wont count as collecting the 2X one, so you need to do them separately. Not a big deal, but it sort of seems like the 2X collect is implied in the 3X, at least based on my experience with video game achievements.

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

So you want a 5x jackpot?

The risk/reward on that makes sense to me, use it early to cash in, or gamble to get 2x or 1x.

I was actually just talking about the Insider Connected Achievements for collecting a 2X Super Mode Jackpot and a 3X Super Mode Jackpot.

As for collecting Super Mode, I do think the previous suggestion of holding the button rather than pressing it would be a better solution than arbitrarily having to burn your magnasave to collect it.

But while we're talking about Magnasave, Id like to see an adjustment added to the game to enable a short, timed outlane ball saver when you press it. Probably not on by default but it would be a good option to have.

#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Is this to catch cases where the magna save fails to catch the ball?

Yeah exactly. Well moreso to allow even fast moving balls to be saved when magnasave obviously has no chance to catch it. I would also say that the magnasave should need to be activated BEFORE the outlane switch is hit as well.

1 month later
#4680 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Why is this game not well thought of?

The game lacks depth and, probably more importantly, the Pro lacks an upper playfield which is a signature of the previous two machines in the series so I think that plays into it heavily. Personally, I was excited for the rumoured Stern BK game and thought it would be my first NIB game but when it was revealed, I was disappointed by the lack of upper playfield.

With that being said, it's a great game and I love playing it on location but I have no desire to make it part of my home collection. I also really like it in tournaments because it's pretty drainy and relatively simple for all players to understand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.