IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Theyll be livestreaming the new code on a pro at INDISC 2020 this weekend, maybe tomorrow. On twitch.iepinball

more info on the hour ?

#2011 4 years ago

zut (lol)

ok tanx

1 week later
#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

... why has the code not been released?

Tim said more tests & few things he sees & need to improve...

2 weeks later
#2166 4 years ago

seems there're some points qwak with the "super" features, as this one for example :

- Super Lanes Level 3 (Red) -- 115,000 >>> should be 105.000 if logical...

or

- Super Pops Level 3 (Red) -- 95,000 >>> ...

but OK, its a minus point
i do not have the pin, but interested to see/read feedback

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from gkralicek:

For the ppl willing to check out the new soundtrack, you can get it here :

as said on YT, nice played & tanx for sharing

#2239 4 years ago

to you guys owner of a BKSOR (eve more if you're a "player"), can i ask how good/better is the pin now in 1.01 ?

and i'll also explain few little things about me (& the BKSOR) :

- as lots of others guys, it is a dream theme
- in my head, a BK pin would have been a BK pin only with a second level playfiled (but ok, i'll tell more later about that), than i admit i first forget about the PRO and didnt really play it
- on a LE, i was a bit upset because it is more than easy (from factory & even without the STERN addon) to keep the ball on that upper playfielfd (with some good nudge... but in the same time the catapult lock is not an easy shoot)
- from what just said above, i feel BK was not for me, to much time spend on that upper part, trying to lock ball, again & again...
- than Romain made his sword mod, making ball going from left scoop to left inlane/flipper (mod is still under development), and seems this is changing the way we can feel the PRO playing, with no more 3 returns on the right inlane VS 0 to the left, i believe this could equilibrate that "bad" sensation i firstly have with the PRO
- than i've watched the Doctor Pinball 2 new videos/1.01 code, and i really enjoyed what i've seen, about the gameplay, about the nostalgia mood (KNIGHT modes), and of course about the theme including animation, sound & lightning, which is really great

and than, back to my initial ask (about the PRO version which i may now consider), is this really a good pin or not !?
tanx in advance

edit : i know it will be better to me to play/test it myself, but there's no BK available in my area

1 month later
#2372 4 years ago

tanx Walter
of course this is GREAT !!!

but i still think having a "animated" backglass with lights/flahers is better
as in the old time, this was giving the feeling pinball was alive (which indeed this BK topper does)

and as an ask, which was the last pin to have lights/flashers in the backbox ? i know in recent ones, ST PREM/LE have few but...

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

I love the new code. I just really really wish that it didn't end the mode I'm in if I start knight multiball in the middle of a mode. It's more of a punishment if you're trying to get to the black knight. I wish it would just put the mode on hold and continue the mode after the multiball has ended.

i'm far for being 100% on understanding the code (didnt have the pin home, while only played it few times)
than i understand it ends the mode, and you have to restart it from the begining (than not hold where you were already), right ?

while i know Tim is reading here, and surelly he may have some ideas about that...

what about this one, quite simple to code, and tactically interesting from a player point of view :

- you're in a mode, and than KNIGHT became available
- you start it, and this will complete/succeed the mode you were playing
- could be nice if you've just starting playing the mode and finish it in 1 shot (for example as "BIG BANG" in Dialed In)...
- could be bad (and losing that kind of "joker") if only 1 or 2 shoots were remaining to finish the mode...
- and more : to add some more tactic, ending mode like that should NOT give points

!?

#2396 4 years ago

do we have a video of beating BLACK CASTLE ?
didnt found nothing on the net...

#2398 4 years ago

(missed it) tanx

#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Beat the Black Knight by yourself to discover it !

when/if i got the pin, think i'll beat it, doesnt seem/feel to hard (you know me lol)

1 week later
#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I didn't expect this today. As far as I can tell everything seems to work perfect. This puts the game over the top![quoted image]

its missing a cat !!!???

#2452 4 years ago

now its complete

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I like how the Black Knight is looking at your cat suspiciously.

are you sure its not the cat looking at the BK !?

2 weeks later
#2492 3 years ago

yep, very cool effect, well done

in the same time, the changing lights on the speakers panel doesnt really do it (for me) while working together with your mod
may be only using red, but nothing/no light would be even better !?

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I have to experiment with my speaker lights (from speakerlightkits.com, of course ) as they were one of the very first mods I installed when I received my game back in June - long before the fire bulb idea would pop into my pea brain. I'm afraid to actually try turning them off, though, as I'd hate to love that look (so to speak) the best. I can't see myself deactivating them and I've always liked their pulsating cycling. But again, time will tell.

of course, its your pin, you simply set it as you love it

2 weeks later
#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anyone here have a decent amount of playing time on both versions?
I dig my BK pro. Bought it shortly after release. Opted for it over Prem because I was underwhelmed with the sparse upper pf, and seems like the ball is up there a lot. Also didn't like that it was a clear plastic pf, like Elvis & WPT, as opposed to wood w/artwork and inserts etc. Looked cheap. Anyway, that's what drove my initial purchase. That and the fact the Pro is really fun.
Is this one of those titles where you should definitely go Premium, like AC/DC, or is it not so clear, like Metallica? Seems like the latter, but I have very little time on the Prem/LE, so I'm really not sure.
I am open to upgrading if the playing experience is really that much better.

the answer seems as an evidence :

if you're a (good) player, go for PRO
if you're a collector, go for PREM/LE

because the upper playfield is really easy, not to make the shots, but to just keep the ball there again & again (and again), and finally its killing the game
PRO didnt have this prob of course, and than much more speed & flow on it

my 2 cents

3 weeks later
#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Wow. Wonder how many people have ever done it. Has to be under 5. What was your score?

really !? i dont feel that BK is a hard game to finish...
will tell you more when i get the luck to get one home

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

You're just showing off Or are you playing 5 ball? The game is unforgiving at the best of times

well, not sure what i can reply, i'm a tournament player with a good level, not more, not less

1 month later
#2730 3 years ago

good point !

i dont have the game, but its already on my wishlist as i enjoy playing it
i understand what you are saying, in fact not much things to add in the code, but in the end that could be the difference between a good pin and a great pin (even more when Tim is also a "player")

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Thanks! Such great things in this machine

yes, it's another sequel/tribute to the "last chance" in the 1st Black Knight...

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bowen would be ideal really.

Bowen is/would be ideal on every pin

1 month later
#2930 3 years ago

second time i went to a location near our house to play BK PRO (mainly, and a few games on STh, which really is not for me)
i really enjoy playing it like this, on the wild, and not sure it will be the same if i get it home !? as let's admit its very repetitive, and also mainly using right flipper only
but OK, the fact is that i enjoyed my afternoon a lot, its a true adrenaline pin, theme is very nice (if you're a '80 boy), you sweat for sure while you're playing this

about the code, and as a "player", think i have to say the same as lots of guys here : surelly this needs some minor adjustements (Tim if you're reading, tanx)
KNIGHT letters not easy to get (only reached 1 time NIGHT mode level 2 ), and didnt fully beat the BK as getting there 2 times on the afternoon...
if this pin could get an update, than may be i'll think to buy one

here's what i left to the others (lol), MIC is my tag...

1 week later
#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

C’mon, Tim - how about at least one more code update before the game is shelved?!

right now without a pin home and a freeplace to fill, if this happends in the next few days, than i'll be in the club !

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

second time i went to a location near our house to play BK PRO (mainly, and a few games on STh, which really is not for me)
i really enjoy playing it like this, on the wild, and not sure it will be the same if i get it home !? as let's admit its very repetitive, and also mainly using right flipper only
but OK, the fact is that i enjoyed my afternoon a lot, its a true adrenaline pin, theme is very nice (if you're a '80 boy), you sweat for sure while you're playing this
about the code, and as a "player", think i have to say the same as lots of guys here : surelly this needs some minor adjustements (Tim if you're reading, tanx)
KNIGHT letters not easy to get (only reached 1 time NIGHT mode level 2 ), and didnt fully beat the BK as getting there 2 times on the afternoon...
if this pin could get an update, than may be i'll think to buy one
here's what i left to the others (lol), MIC is my tag...

last day of my vacation, than decided to spend some houres on that BK again...
same as before, i've enjoyed it for sure, but than there's really something that can/should/could be done with the code, that black castle is so frustrating again (but not in the way you wanna get there again)
compare to all others modes, which are OK, completing the wizard mode seems more to be a matter of luck than of skill !? of course you will say : "well, we are battling against the black knight !!!"

i've than scored 1.5B, reaching 2 times the BC in the same game (also got 3 knight modes) :
1st time i lose at 3rd shot, with the middle target sending ball back at 300MPH SDTM...
2nd time, gone to 5 ou 6 shots, than right slingshot send a great airball perfectly in the left outlane !!! oh dear, did i really deserve that ? (lol)

Tim, are you reading ? (said friendly of course)

1 week later
#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So now that the game has been out for a while, is the pro a good choice, or premium the way to go.

easy :

you're a player ? go PRO
you're a collector ? go PREM/LE

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

... Tagged Tim in a post on TiltForums asking for any hint of an update on the way, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

after this : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/60#post-5858686

i've PMed/asked him, no reply

i really wanted to go/buy a BK PRO, but now for sure, until i see a code update (?), its 100%... "no way !" (as the BK said)
pity, but that's how i see it for me

#3029 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I will have one sooner or later, but it has to be the double decker version [quoted image][quoted image]

again, absulotly not agree with this
first, i was thinking like every pinball fans, a BK should have 2 levels playfield !!!

but than, after playing the 2 versions of the BK3, i didnt like the upper playfield, not much to do there, and its really to easy to keep the ball (even without the adjustement from STERN !!!)

than again, if you're a good player, go PRO
else its OK to go PREM/LE...

#3034 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not all are pinball gods.

well, you are quoting me, but i'm not that good (lol), and than still far away for the true pinball wizards

#3037 3 years ago

my son wanna go to visit the location this afternoon, let's see if we can break, again, some higher scores (as of course its becoming hotter each time)

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my son wanna go to visit the location this afternoon, let's see if we can break, again, some higher scores (as of course its becoming hotter each time)

"the A team : i love it when a plan comes together"

and than, just back home, we didnt beat my 1.5B score, but we all two fully beat the BK !

first my son for his 1st time to black castle, not bad heh :

and few games later, me :

again, let's admit the TILT is set way to loosy (than yes we abuse the pin)

#3058 3 years ago

the cameo video when beating the BK is very nice...
i suppose evbd saw it !? if not, shuuuuuuuuuuuut and no spoiler

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

How do I get to this. Only had game for a short time and still learning. Haven’t found a good tutorial yet just gameplay.

well easy pin/rules to understand : just complete all modes to get to the last one : black castle

1 week later
#3107 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Anyone know if an updated code is going to happen?

funny

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Where do I get this post from? Stern? The LE i bought doesn't have it. [quoted image]

just forget about this, its already "easy" enough to keep the ball on that upper PF, nudging IS the only skill there (even with a sensitive TILT)

1 month later
#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've said it before, but KNIGHT letters should be more like TWD's multikills. Instead of one per mode or the crazy dangerous hurry-ups only, have them earn-able for additional goals. Super skill shot. Certain number of u-turns. Super jackpot. So many drop bank completions. Etc, etc. That's a way better solution to making RANSOM more obtainable without just spotting more letters.
I agree Black Castle should be able to continue on ball drain. Every other mode works that way, so why make the hardest, most dangerous, difficult to get to mode a one-shot deal? Even with the continue, it is still a super hard mode to complete. I have gotten there many times, but only finished it to see RAGE twice.
The game, especially the pro just needs more obtainable_ content. The sad part is that the cool content is there, it's just locked behind insanely difficult requirements that the average player will never, or very rarely, see. That's ok for a very deep game, like TWD, TSPP, etc...but for a game with the simplicity of BK, you can't lock half the game behind those walls.
If you want to keep RANSOM and RAGE that difficult to get to, then give us more lower level content. Catapult multi on the pro would be a nice start, and very easy to implement by lighting lock with the drop bank, then lock in the left scoop. Done. That adds much needed content utilizing assets that already exist, and gives us a reason to shoot at the right side of the playfield. Win-win. Everyone's happy with a minimal amount of work. I'd love to see more than one monster per realm, but I'm sure that's a pipe dream and would be a much bigger undertaking.
The supers system has potential to be awesome, but it needs...something. At least a better way of cashing out other than wasting a magna-save. Not sure what to do here. I don't hate it as-is, but it seems like something could be better. That's the least of my wants though.
Seriously, this game is so close to amazing that it's infuriating to see it stagnate as-is. With a small amount of effort it could be so much better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but rapidly loosing hope at this point. I enjoy the game as-is...but it could be so much more with a few minor tweaks.

for the super and the magnet, its very easy to code :

IF magnet use & IF collecting super THAN relight the magnet

done !

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

since there's no second button the side of the cabinet for magna save

what a mess, really !
and this to just save few bucks... :/

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Is there a way to reach him for all these ideas?

he's member and reading here : Timballs
try you luck, already wrote in private to him, no answer...

1 month later
#3489 3 years ago

GREAT !

3 weeks later
#3543 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterTinkerer:

What’s the extra plastic you guys are talking about? Can you post a pic? How does it help?

its a diverter on the upper PF that makes the ball bumping/jumping (left to right) when rolling to the upper flipper...
this makes the game even more easy and really, if you're a good player, you will quite never lose the ball from that upper PF !!! it become quickly a real nonsense

that's why :

Quoted from newpinbin:

Played both. Enjoy the pro (no upper playfield) much more.

+1 !

of course the PRO is missing the catapult multiball, and than the fact that you can score big if you could manage these 2 multiballs in the same time
and also its a pity, because the BK franchise means you need to have a upper PF !!!

but as a player, i also prefer the PRO : more speed, more rush, no long ball time on that upper PF (on which you have quite nothing to do/aim)

#3549 3 years ago

of course (about upper PF & multiballs)

beating BC need skills, but (let's admit) even more luck...
i've done it once, and my son too, on a BK PRO in a bowling/bar near our house

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Finally someone has the pinballs to say it! I own a Hot Wheels and it’s my least favorite pin in my collection. It’s a big piece of plastic with 2 ramps and 2 orbits and that’s pretty much it. I still think it’s a fun shooter but one of those pins you’d rather just play on location than have taking up space in your house.

can i simply ask why you did bought it ?
mainly because its was said early that (after Houdini+Oktoberfest) HW will be a pin with a "fan layout", and i see AFM & MM in your collection, which are already in that same style

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Realize the question wasn’t directed at me, and I don’t want to drag this more off topic from BKSOR, but although HW might sort of kind of be a fan layout...it really isn’t. It’s absolutely nothing like AFM or MM in shooting feel...or anything feel.
Hey, while I’m on my complaining and off topic pedestal, let me say that I played a Zeppelin pro the same night last week, and was also really let down. Thankful that we have BKSOR with some real action and wild shots. What a wide-open, blank playfield snooze fest that LZ pro was (and I love the band). Steve must have gotten exhausted from designing the Knight lol

well, not talking about playing feeling (which i agree with you), but more about design aspect of the PF elements
let's forget AFM & MM would you prefer an inverted IRON MAN ?

1 week later
#3578 3 years ago

nice, clever, usefull mod of course... but seeing this is making me feeling as i was overclocking my DURON 600@1000Mhz, long long long time ago

1 week later
#3596 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Hit the billion point club tonight. 998m on ball 1, and then 22m more on all the rest lol.
Only the second time since Sept 2019 that I’ve gotten to BK2K mode and the final Black Castle. Sadly drained in 28 seconds of the battle and that was that.

nice !

i would know (but its impossible of course), how much is easier (because it is !) to score on PREM/LE than on a PRO !?

1 week later
#3631 3 years ago

BK is still on my wishlist, BUT only with a final code update

what makes me upset is that Tim is also a tournament player, than why no reaction !? i would understand if Lonnie was on code...
well, not evbd is like Lyman

1 week later
#3657 3 years ago

linked to previous post, yes, BK should have a upper PF... but its not that good on this pin (and again to easy to keep the ball there) :/

than PRO also !

only need a last code update and than i'll search for one

1 week later
#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

What am I doing wrong?
[quoted image]

well, ask friends to play better

more seriously the solution should be easy to found in the setup (didnt have a spike2 here to check)

#3700 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Got myself a pro was told is much faster and fun vs the premium, everyone I talk to highly recommend the pro. I think I agree
[quoted image][quoted image]

PRO is more for players
LE/PREM is more for collectors

#3701 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

... he made a thicker post that goes on the upper playfield to bump the ball out and into the flipper on loops...

this makes the pin too easy ! with ball time way too long on that upper PF...
but of course try it, and set it to your own feeling/pleasure

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Both are players games ones just nicer looking then the other one. There basicly the exact same but with premium you get catapult lock and catapult mball. Does the pro have something similar as the last chance mode that you shoot 3 balls in the catapult in a certain amount of time after ball 3 drains? During all the multiballs you dont even play on the upper playfield really.

you have been corrected already by Tilted81

and also, the fact is, if you're a good player, while not in multiball, you can keep the ball on that upper PF for (to much) long time, even without the STERN add-on

finally, the PRO is playing much faster

#3744 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats! You made the right choice

i still didnt understand that... why is this the right choice ? based on what ? which criteria ?

let me ask : i'm still thinking that the PRO is not only faster, but simply harder to play (not only because of not having these "calm" moments on the UP, but also because from a code point of view, you dont have that catapult multi, which can help a lot on various occasion)

are you agree with this ? if yes than i'm right : the PRO is more for the players, the PREM/LE for the collectors (there's no bad judgement in this)

and finally, these talks no really matter, you bought what you like, that's the only real point

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

How do I prevent this ball stuck situation under the upper playfield?

you need to remove the UP...
than unscrew down right & push it max to the right/scew, and if not enough unscrew down left push a bit to the left/screw (keeping enough space for the A or you have to continue to move them all to the left)
and if still not enough change the small ruber with even smaller ones

4 weeks later
#3840 3 years ago

yes, looks nice... but than, no airball on yours ???

1 week later
#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Can't beat Black Knight and Star Trek in the lineup! [quoted image]

very nice ! even more for the one in the center...

#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

After reading the rules a few times I have one question for the champions in this club...Where’s the playfield multiplier?

the sword (when full)

3 weeks later
#3935 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have the pro. The issue is people who are new to pinball or just not that good, loose interest in the game quickly...

BK is a hard game in the way you can't miss a shot... this because features are close from the flippers, and all the posts from the ramp to the scoop are more than deadly

else, the pin is easy when talking about code/rules
if i can give you 1 and only 1 advice : you have to learn what to shoot with which flipper (understand that most of the shots are safer in backhand)

#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Whoever said backhanding shots was easier on this game wasn't kidding. It's so much easier and less prone to instant drains.

that guy may be : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/79#post-6306900
and yes lol, why should i was kidding !? that's one of the 1st trick playing BKSOR...
to give you more confidence, my hi on the PRO version is 1.5B (but i admit i abuse the pin while the TILT was very loose, it is a pin set in location not far from our house... and even better it was set on FREEPLAY for a moment to get guys have some drinks in the place )

2 weeks later
#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

So I saddle up to give my Star Trek (daughter's current favorite) some love last night, and my seven year old moves her step stool over to BK and pulls off a 96M. Way to go, kiddo!
[quoted image]

bravo !

3 weeks later
#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Dang - and I was feeling good about my 790B score tonight (HS #3 on my Premium) till I saw your post.
Got to Black Castle and just over 640B on my first ball. Black Castle was done after only 6 hits and then the monsters started over.

meanwhile the PRO is for sure harder to play/score
and 6 hits only ? easier setting or something changed in the setup ? if i remember well, i had to hit something like 15-20 time to beat him

#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

6 hits only? You trolling me? That center target is a bitch.....drain monster 75% of the time.
Farthest I've gotten is 16 hits on Black Castle before I drained, so thinking it's 20.

i misunderstood than, was thinking you did beat BC with 6 hits...

#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Aha, that makes more sense! Sad to say, in 15 or so months of ownership, I have YET to get past Black Castle. I can get there about 1 out of very 5 or 6 games, but I just can't get past it. I will eventually, tho!

we're OK now
sad that Tim did not tweak his code (even if of course he surelly think it is as it has to be !)

i've beaten BC because pin on which i did it was very friendly with the tilt setting (operator pin), else i would not have done it, let's admit...
good luck !

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

God, you won’t believe this. After a few games I defeated all monsters and saw the purple lightning bolt for the first time, which I can only assume is BK. Missed my first two shots cause I’m amped up and the third shot I hit and he seemingly threw the shield down to block; is this a thing? Seconds later I drain… FAHK….

that's the BK ultra-secret trick to f*ck the player !!! well done to have discover this new easter egg

#4130 2 years ago

I don't believe they are. It's a 2019 game that didn't really sell very well. JP and IM appear to be doing much better for them. Not surprising with JP, and IM is just such a good game, I'm not surprised there either. Kinda like Metallica which they made for 47 years lol
Sadly for a lot of people I think BKSOR will end up just being a forgotten game and will never truly get the acclaim it deserves. Too damn many games coming out these days certainly doesn't help imo.

mainly STERN fault
this pin could be another gem, the perfect last piece of the trilogy, but...

(a cab magna save button, and Tim polishing the code)

3 weeks later
#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Right, cracked a billion, guess I can sell it now.

not bad RD even while the PREM/LE is easier than the PRO

#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sure thing - if you cracked 1b on a Pro...

yep, and my 1.5B are not really informative, as, again, the TILT on that location BK was way too friendly (even more for hardcore players)
must be honest & admit i wouldnt have scored that on a pin settled as in my home

3 weeks later
#4258 2 years ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

Have you tried doing war over and over? I'm convinced that is the primary source of points in some of my higher scoring games.
Otherwise cash in your supers during Knight multiball. If you have good stacks it isn't crazy to score over 100m.

well, not sure what you mean with "hi scoring", but aiming again & again these dangerous shoots (mainly the center one) can't drive you to really big score, as more soon than later you'll lose the ball...

#4264 2 years ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

On the pro. It's a sucker shot but every time you make it it is worth more points. I try to do two or three wars during the triple knight challenge since the risk is less then.
Been working on cracking a billion so I'm interested in hearing more ideas of scoring on the pro.
[quoted image]

i cant help you about a real tactic sry

the 1.5B i've made is only because i had a very long game (2 times to black castle) due to the TILT being (to much) friendly on that location pin
may be next time i'm going to that location i must concentrate to found some way of playing it, but as said above, its not a pin you can score really big on 1 or 2 "tricks"

1 month later
#4370 2 years ago

not everybody is like Lyman... :/

1 month later
#4402 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That ball save addition to Black Castle is a nice change.

That ball save addition to Black Castle SEEMS a nice change

more later with feedback, but than no carry over next ball
i suppose Tim final choice remain to not play the game as it (and even if i was hopping to have this as a menu option, i can say i finally dont like this on IRON MAN & JERICHO, having to finish it in 1 ball is way more exciting)

#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Poor Dwight. I don't know all of the stories I'm sure.. I was always frustrated with my T3 code, but he also is attributed with ST-TNG, TSPP and many other well regarded titles. Always some issues, but complex games for sure.

it may be wrong, but for what we know (...) TSPP main coder/ideas was Keith

1 week later
#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

...A couple of things on retro mode that caught my eye...

really pity ! simply because we have here (and there) some guys, good players, who are ready to help in beta testing & fresh ideas, and what !?

- i've proposed my help for Dialed In : was OK to Joe K. & Ted E. ...
- i've proposed my help for Oktoberfest : was OK to Joe S. ...
- i've proposed my help for Houdini : was OK to Josh K. ...
- i've proposed my help for Ghostbusters : heu... well... you know what i mean... :/

of course i know i'm just nobody (...) but than, in the other way, i also know there's a small part of me (and my son) in the 3 first games listed above

2 weeks later
#4551 2 years ago

reading your advices guys

to me, not saying BK is bad...
but for sure this could be so much better, just needing a little more love from Tim (even if i understand not evbd is Lyman)

1 week later
#4573 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I love black knight. Its just fun. I sold my Le to start a business and picked up a pro in a trade a few weeks ago. I have artistic dementia and could not help myself. I made a three headed dragon that the left vuk launches the ball into the mouth and feeds to right flipper. I then added a left return rail that the left ramp feeds back to left flipper just to break up the 3 shots to right. I had to move the spinner to wireform for space issues, but I like it. I figured I would share this mod in the owners club. I could make a basic set of left and right rails not as crazy as the dragons if anyone is interested in something like that please pm me.
Video of game play with the dragon head catching balls.

great !

except, may be, for the spinner which is now not more on the same shoot (but is this a prob !? i dont know)

1 week later
#4590 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

I installed black knight code on AIQ when the new code came out. Mixed up usb sticks updating them. That was slightly scary.

Quoted from koji:

Wow.. what happened? did it give an error? does it start up? seems like a trip.

i remember, with my TWD, when swapping the CPU board (dead) with another old one (compatible) caming from an ACDC... works !!! of course not as intended, but works, see :

acdc twd (resized).jpgacdc twd (resized).jpg

i than have to just reinstall the correct code on it

#4594 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Rosie the Well Walker

sounds good !!! lol

Quoted from koji:

Too bad the licenses would never stand for it.. but mashups could be so much fun!

+1 ... as you may not know, but my other hobby is djing, mainly making megamixes & mashups...

#4598 2 years ago

I'm wildly unfamiliar with the pro but that wireform mod above looks CRAZY. Awesome work. The pro looks like an absolute punisher of a game, lol. I love (and miss! -- it's not at my house and is on its way to being sold soon) my premium..but I couldn't imagine it being any MORE difficult than it already is!

PRO is more difficult, not only the no catapult multiball, but mainly the fact that you're not having "rest" time period on the easy upper playfield

#4602 2 years ago

A BK game with no upper just seems like no BK game at all, to me. Not even getting into the "is the pro better or is the premium?" argument, I just can't get past a BK game with no upper.
That said, I already committed to letting mine go in order to bring in my two top wishlist games (not my favorite decision of 2021, but it is what it is). I hope someday maybe I can rejoin the club, or that someone nearby buys one so I can keep playing. Mine has actually been out of my house for a few months now. NGL I do miss it.

as surelly most of all (old) pinball guys, i was also thinking this at first, and honestly i still think it
but, may be the truth is here : let's admit that this upper playfield is really poor to play (and way too easy) compare to BK & BK2K, this should be the keypoint :/
than, from a "player" perspective, the PRO seems the way to go, from a "collector" one, PREM or LE

#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Hmm, as a player I'd have to disagree. I find the upper to be a good challenge.. the first couple of catapults are kind of a gimme.. but from the third catapult onward, it becomes more difficult. I wonder if you are playing with the bump mod on the upper, which I would agree.. basically ruins the experience...

than NO about the mod...
as that's the point : its way to easy to keep the ball there (i'm a player)
last time i've played a LE, i really got pain at hands/wrist because of nudging/shaking and keeping forever the ball there (of course it serve nothing if you didnt make the shoots)

I mean, the upper is pretty sparse, at least compared to bk2k but my personal opinion is that the ONLY reason bk2k could cram so much up there is that there's just so little in the lower. So it's got a better upper at the cost of a pretty boring lower. Bksor imo has a much better lower at the cost of a much more boring upper, but is by far a better game than bk2k. I miss my bk2k but mostly just because of the music and callouts, some of the absolute best in pinball imo. The game actually felt kind of boring to me tbh. I've never once felt that about bksor.
I feel like the pro is the right choice for absolute stud pinball players who can really work a machine. The upper helps those of us who aren't so great to actually have some chance to keep the ball in play for a bit lol!

+1
BK2K is way to easy on the main playfield (until pin is set to easily grab the ball on the right flipper)
than its shoot the left ramp all day, back to the upper, and to me i even didnt play for the multiball, but well for the WAR hurry up, again & again...

#4611 2 years ago

I remember on my high score game, I eventually got so bored I just let the ball drain

12M if i get it right, right ?

and than, same for me, as few friends taunted me on what i explained about the gameplay, than that day there was a BK2K (with hi-scores reset to factory) in the "free zone" room where we were having a tournament, put 1 game on it, did this, and than i was the one with a laugh

#4612 2 years ago

now, as few already told me, setting the pin to "avoid" that easy control on the right flipper when ball falling from the upper PF (more slope, and/or sensitive slings) makes this game something completly different, and i believe it does, as the main playfield is very dangerous

2 months later
#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This one is an ass kicker.

still with last code ?

#4723 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The pro is an ass kicker

yes i know, as i beat it too on a previous code (should be 1.01)
and from than, never played it again with latest (easier ???) codes, thats why i was asking

4 months later
#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

has anyone actually defeated the black knight and completed the game?

yes, so my son too
let's admit you need some luck when you're in there, and need to make all that middle target shoots
(PRO version, factory settings, location pinball, with lose TILT... we did abuse of this)

4 weeks later
#4859 1 year ago

seems the last IC big update is causing more than few resets on more than few pinballs... :/

3 months later
#4971 1 year ago

this, as the STERN fix, is making the upper PF way to easy (to keep the ball there)...
but OK, evbd do as he wants

4 weeks later
#5036 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

... BK2K but it's a tough game ...

heu...

play the upper PF (mainly the WAR hurry up), ball came down, right flipper control, shoot the left ramp to the upper PF
repeat again & again, and you'll get easy big points

but i understand, if you want to play the pin and shoot/make all is available around, than yes its hard

#5040 1 year ago
Quoted from November:

You don't play this game the right way

that's "my" problem, being a tournament player...
but yes, i know it of course

3 weeks later
#5045 1 year ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

It’s SO MUCH BETTER!! Enjoy! Can’t imagine this game without the upper playfield. Love it!

not evbd will think the same...
even if the BK franchise means "with upper PF", i still think the PRO plays much better/faster

1 week later
#5062 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really don't get these creeps who think they can personally insult, whine, and berate their way into getting a code update.
That's not how it works. When people have jobs, they do what their assigned task is. They don't get to decide, "hey, I'm gonna put this stuff I'm getting paid to do aside and work on something else because some guy keeps emailing me and insulting me on a forum so I'll obey his personal whims. I mean it could get me fired but whatever, ballsack69 bought a game I worked on 5 years ago therefore he owns me!"
Come on folks; Get. A. Grip. You look petty, mean. It's not worth acting this way.

of course you're right Levi
but, about Tim, as a good pinball player (you know what i mean), its hard to understand why he didnt put his hands in it to tweak more than few things
but ok not evbd is like Lyman was...

1 month later
#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from blainedoe:

Installed a catwalk for the black knight to guard the entrance. This is an awesome game.

remind me this :

1 month later
#5168 12 months ago

so pity that Tim didnt gave a last push on this game, i really want to love it, but...

1 month later
#5190 10 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I'm getting one end of June, what is the upper playfield fix?

this is not a "fix"
it makes the pin way to easy to keep the ball on the upper playfield...

but i see the postive with Koji com, to than not need to nudge anymore (but hey, that's part of playing pinball !!! )

3 weeks later
#5204 10 months ago

wow ! bravo !
now i'm feeling bad with my "only" 1.5B...

3 months later
#5248 6 months ago

it could be "even better" if Tim would consider more than few ideas exposed in this thread...

#5263 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

there is not much to do on the upper and a lot of the time is spent up there bricking shots.
am I crazy?

no

of course, we all agree that the BK franchise "needs" an upper playfield... but the PRO play better !

1 month later
#5339 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really don’t understand what you guys are looking for.
BKSOR is done. Has been done. Will remain done now and in the near and distant future.
It’s done.

ok, done is a correct statut here
but Levi, you're a player, i than cant understand you're feeling happy with it as it !?
lots of nice ideas in this topic, and with some love this pin could become so much better...

1 week later
#5380 4 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Since there is a VE of BKSOR being made does this mean Tim will be working on an updated code for us?

Quoted from Kenz:

I think new code is coming.Think that was one of Steve’s moans is that Stern didn’t give his games more code time..

crossed fingers...

#5390 4 months ago

lol

i see the info on FB, than was thinking YES FINALLY !!!
than quick gave a look at the read.me... oh dear

4 months later
#5534 12 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks for the explanation. I do nudge quite a bit when playing, which really helps to keep the balls in play and I find it to be a crucial technique. I was nudging during play last night to make shots on the upper playfield, so if that bump plastic helps to kick the ball toward the third flipper, I think I'll go ahead and install it. This game is brutal enough, so anything that helps to keep the balls alive would be a plus. That center target and those posts near the Black Knight are deadly; have to nudge very quickly to save some of those STDM shots that rocket back toward the center. Steve's taunting callouts don't help either LOL

well, i feel it already quite easy to keep the ball up in there without the plastic... (but ok, with nudging of course)

and yes about about the rest

1 week later
#5555 5 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Does this mean Tim will update the code now?

do you stll believe in Santa ?

(friendly/joking of course)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.