IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I remember on my high score game, I eventually got so bored I just let the ball drain. BK2K was such a cool game...but it's just not very fun. Still, I'd probably 'waste' a slot for it in an 8-pin collection just because of the music, callouts, and overall 'cool factor' of the game. I think I could be okay playing it sparingly so I could have all the ambiance it offers. Maybe someday I'll fall into one again. I hope!

Agree there. BK2K is a gorgeous borefest, in my opinion. Oh, I drained to the lower pf, shoot back up top, repeat. It hits on all factors except fun.

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Too funny, my general description of BK2K is that it has everything you'd want in a pinball machine except for gameplay. lol
I wish BKSOR had a bit less cheesy callouts but that's one of very few gripes for me. I think it's an awesome game and is way underappreciated.

I kinda like the cheese. "Let's have a brew and talk". LOL

2 months later
#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Just beat the game and made the Black Knight my bitch (Pro version, stock settings).
Spoiler alert: The Rage multiball/Wizard Mode that follows is terrible. Seriously, zero effort was put into it. I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin the disappointment for anyone to experience first hand.
[quoted image]

You happen to film this one, Nick? I'd be interested to see it. Congrats on beating it. This one is an ass kicker.

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

still with last code ?

The pro is an ass kicker. Premium is too easy. I haven't put many games on the new code, though.

#4729 2 years ago

I would have to think that there are, or at least were, plans to add another stackable multiball to the pro. The game uses 6 balls, but as far as I'm aware, you can only ever have 4 in play at once, on the pro, currently. Hopefully, we will get a nice fat update later, like with GB and GOT. Maybe we aren't whining loud enough lol.

#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think RAGE might use all 6, but I'm not positive. I also can't remember for sure how many RANSOM uses. But either way, I agree that another multiball would really finish the game off nicely. I have said it enough to be a broken record, but there is literally no reason we couldn't have catapult multiball, and since the assets are already made, it should be a relatively easy thing to implement. Use anything you want to light the lock (I think I would use a drop bank completion since they aren't physically labeled as a specific function, but you could also use the Add Time standups or even the orbits), and use the left saucer as a virtual lock. The upkicker looks like a catapult anyway, so it makes sense. You could easily flash or pulse the lightening insert in front of it (if memory serves they are RGB, so you could use green, or alternate colors when needed for mode shots) to indicate the lock is lit. I am no programmer, but I am guessing this should be a pretty easy thing to do, and would be such a HUGE adder for the pro. I realize Catapult multiball was an "exclusive" mode for the prem/LE guys, but since they aren't being made anymore, and we are a few years down the road, I wouldn't think anyone would be offended that it trickled down to the lowly pros at this point.
Then again, there really isn't any incentive for them to add it either, other than to make us happy and build trust for future customer loyalty. It's probably hard for them to assign a dollar value to that to justify it. But...seriously...the assets are already there. I bet Tim could whip this up in a day or two! (again...I have zero idea if I'm talking out of my butt there...I don't know crap about programming).
Come on Tim...I'll treat you to foodtruck lunch at the next D82 tournament to show my gratitude!

And I'll provide the beverages.

Looking forward to The Great Lakes Open next month.

3 weeks later
#4749 1 year ago

I just played a Maiden Pro after my friend put his Stern IC kit in it. So, now the Pro has "Can I Play with Madness" mode like the Premium/LE, but it is only available if the game is connected to IC. I'm not sure if you have to be logged into IC to get it, but we were and it is there. I immediately went to the code readme and sure enough that feature was added with the IC update and is contingent upon the game being registered and online.

That got me thinking, we may see something like catapult multiball coming to BKSOR, as an IC bonus feature.

1 week later
#4752 1 year ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Anyone know how to disassemble the knight? Have major issues with fail getting stuck on ramp and notice the entire knight assembly is very loose. I see no way of getting to the screws without taking the night apart.
Video (ignore the test shims on right side): https://www.veed.io/view/fed06848-8d6b-4ec2-ade9-8e4ba189c888?sharingWidget=true
Also added a pic of a very loose bolt behind the assembly (not sure if this one is playing a part in the issue as well, or not)
[quoted image]

I haven't looked myself, but I would bet there is an exploded view in the manual. You can grab that from Stern's site under support section, I believe.

#4754 1 year ago

Anyone know if the LE cabinet art is available as a file somewhere? I wanted to make a customer insider connected instruction card and the Knight pointing his sword while on the horse would be perfect. Can't find any straight on shots to use, so far. Premium cab side would work too, but again, can't find any good files/pics.

#4755 1 year ago

Been playing with the Stern alt soundtrack. I really dig it. Makes the game feel like you're on a quest more than the metal soundtrack does. Got to the Black Castle the other night, but didn't beat the Black Knight. I hit the 3 lit shots and drained on the 3rd, as the whole playfield lit up purple to do more damage to him, I assume. The insider connected gave me the achievement for defeating the knight, even though I don't think I did. Had only been to the knight once before, on a non insider connected game and did not get very far, then, either....one more game.

#4756 1 year ago

Just found what I think may be a bug.

Logged into IC in case it matters.

Chose the Ransom Challenge mode.

Played the mode to completion with like 46 mil.

Expected to get the enter initials screen since it was the highest I've done the few times I've played it.

The game went into regular game mode with my 46 mil already there and was in ball 2.

I went ahead and played the game out to see what would happen.

Ended up at 226 mil or so and the game awarded me Ransom Champion with the full game score, not my 46.

Pretty sure that's a bug. Not sure if it has been reported.

#4758 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

You might want to report this, because I'm not running into this bug on the Pro version. This may just be isolated to the LE version only.

I'm on a pro, as well. I'll report it. Haven't tried to reproduce it, yet.

#4761 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just found what I think may be a bug.
Logged into IC in case it matters.
Chose the Ransom Challenge mode.
Played the mode to completion with like 46 mil.
Expected to get the enter initials screen since it was the highest I've done the few times I've played it.
The game went into regular game mode with my 46 mil already there and was in ball 2.
I went ahead and played the game out to see what would happen.
Ended up at 226 mil or so and the game awarded me Ransom Champion with the full game score, not my 46.
Pretty sure that's a bug. Not sure if it has been reported.

Played Ransom Challenge Mode a few more times and have not encountered this again, yet.

#4762 1 year ago

Is there a plastic protector available for the super skinny fragile plastic that wraps around the right side shield VUK? I can see that snapping at some point. I don't see it in any of the sets folks are selling. I use clear lexan washers for slings and stuff, but would buy a custom cut piece for that VUK plastic.

#4764 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Mine was snapped when I got it. Definitely a fragile piece.

Mine is good, so far. This game has almost 6000 plays on it and looks fantastic. I'll be installing my Cliffy saucer protectors soon. Waiting for my Nov Sword to arrive since I'll be working in that area and don't wanna dismantle the game multiple times. While I'm on the right saucer side, I'll see if there's any room for something or maybe trace that plastic and send to Cliff to see if he can make a metal protector. I don't think that plastic lights up, right?

#4772 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Finally beat the black knight when logged into Insider connected. Was kind of dramatic though. Last ball, last shot to beat him. Hit the shot but ball drains sdtm... I scream, but then see the achievement pop up that I beat him. So I guess we killed eachother at the same time.....

That's what happened to me. I wasn't sure if I actually beat him or not since it seemed like there was more happening and I did not reach RAGE wizard mode.

#4774 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Just joined the club with a pro model and I love this game but mine seems to have a weird issue on the right side. When the ball is rolling down the right orbit it hits the top slingshot post and bounces into middle of playfield instead of going to the flipper most times. Is this normal or do I need to start adjusting things?

Mine seems that way as well. Giving the cab a smack as it is on that right rail helps it to the flipper. My game is steep and level.

1 month later
#4804 1 year ago

I would imagine that makes for a nicer right hand return, rather than SDTM, lol.

1 week later
#4823 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

has anyone actually defeated the black knight and completed the game?

I have. On the Pro. Left the club last weekend. Traded for a Rush Pro to try and beat that one, now.

#4831 1 year ago

For any Pro owners that wanna get the NOV Sword Ramp mod developed by user November, I have mine available for sale. The person that I traded the machine to did not want the mod, so shoot me a PM if interested. I'm not sure if Romain is still making them, but I know I had to wait months and months for this and it's available now.

20220611_155446 (resized).jpg20220611_155446 (resized).jpg20220611_155512 (resized).jpg20220611_155512 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#4860 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

seems the last IC big update is causing more than few resets on more than few pinballs... :/

Yeah, I've seen it reported in a few threads across multiple games, for sure. No issues with my Rush Pro, so far, but I don't have it on for long periods of time.

1 month later
#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Looking at BK SOR Pro model. I love the theme and the look of the cabinet is fantastic but I'm old (50+) and whenever I watch videos of game play I can't get past the heavy metal music. Has anyone else ever owned this pin and let it go due to that? Just seems like to much in the YouTube vids.

I had a pro for a brief time and after day 1, I set the game to use the alternate soundtrack. It is very good. Questing music is what I'd call it. I'd give that a try before selling. I traded mine out after I beat the game. It was my rotator spot and you can't keep em all

#4914 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

How long did that take?

I had the game a couple months.

5 months later
#5117 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm more intrigued by the spinal columns hanging along side the machine...more specifically, where they came from.

Those are from the never to be released Predator pin. Or if they aren't, they were inspired by them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=rc_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.