IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider postmortem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#706 4 years ago

I think they hinted at something special being added to the wizard mode during the last live stream. I'm sure it's just currently incomplete.

1 week later
#788 4 years ago
Quoted from WeLoveScott:

Has anyone defeated the Black Knight? Is there a cool kill screen or anything of that sort? Good callout?

They havent added an ending yet. I'm sure they will though. As of right now (on the pro at least) black castle lasts as long as you can keep it going until you run out of time.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Minor bug with new code - I’m getting “extra ball is lit” playing after “extra ball” when I quickly light and collect.

Same here. If you get the ball in the shield before it has time to play the extra ball lit animation it will play them in reverse order.

#857 4 years ago

A .000 file is usually a compressed file.. try opening it with 7-zip and see if the spk file is inside of it. Or even try deleting the .001.000 off the end of the file name and see if that works.

#889 4 years ago

Pro owner here. New code is great. I love how the black knight's demeanor changes as you get closer to black castle "Is it too late to offer my gold?", "I was wondering if I could join your clan", "I can learn to be good". =D

#913 4 years ago

I love the new humourous callouts. I'd totally keep it set that way if given the option to switch back to serious.

#917 4 years ago

**Spoiler Alert**
What happens when you beat the black knight.

4 months later
#1738 4 years ago

Unfortunately the licensed games outsell non-licensed games by a whole lot, so they get more attention after launch =/

3 weeks later
#1911 4 years ago

I've never played the LE or Premium, but watching the pros play it online is kind of boring. Nothing but upper playfield over and over. Maybe it's more fun when you actually play it, I don't know. The Pro is really good in my opinion. If I were going to add anything I would make it so when you start a fight with a monster, on super rare occasion it will be a special rare monster fight. It could be the same monster you would normally fight with a palette change or something. Make the rare special version of the monster a little harder and make the reward something really special. I think that would add some excitement to the game.

1 week later
#1976 4 years ago

I avoid war hurryup unless I'm in multiball. I've gotten to black castle twice, but never came close to beating the black knight. It's so hard. I love the challenge though.

#1992 4 years ago

I can understand making the monsters harder for the le/premium games, but not the pro. Its already way too hard to beat this game.

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Good idea, what does the rage sword even do? I always have it filled within 2 monster or so and I don’t know what to do with it?

It lights "power"

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

more info on the hour ?

This was yesterday

20200112_133107 (resized).jpg20200112_133107 (resized).jpg
#2030 4 years ago

I sometimes get 2 balls in the shooter lane. I think it happens when the ball gets shot into the shooter lane and bounces back into the trough. The machine will kick out another ball and both will end up in the shooter lane

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Now I have only one problem left. Sometimes it happens that the ball get blocked at the left orbit. I have the feeling that the ball hits the ramp and that’s the reason the ball comes back and didn’t make the Loop. But not sure.
Anyone else with this problem?

Make sure the gate thing hasnt come loose. I had to tighten mine because it was lose and it was stopping the ball from going through it

2 weeks later
#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The Pro needs a two ball multiball, like the orig. BK had.

The pro technically has 4 multiball modes, but I'm only good enough to get to 2 of them

#2140 4 years ago

Looks like the new jurassic park code added an ultimate wizard mode and you can skip right to it for a challenge mode with it's own separate high score board. Would be cool to have this feature on black knight where it automatically puts you at black castle and you have 1 ball to beat the black knight and get rage multiball

1 week later
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've only made the castle once and never rage mode, so not sure how well they would play out like Escape Nublar. Having spent more time with EN now and experiencing what it's about, I think you're right in that assessment though. I really do love how they have added EN as a stand alone mode with its own score tables though. I find myself playing it on a regular basis as it's a lot of fun! It adds another element of variety to the game. What did cross my mind when I first saw EN, and something I've been giving more thought too while playing it is a "Boss Rush" style mode for Black Knight. No TKC, no war hurry ups, no flail hits to activate the next realm. Fight the monsters back to back to the castle. Similar to EN, have score tables for points and best completed times. As an ex game dev, I know it's more complicated to implement than it sounds (even though a huge chunk of the rules already exist). But I love the idea of giving owners a way to access more of the game content.
I spotted another small bug over the weekend with the 1.01 update. During some monster completed sequences the announcer calls out "Exit" instead of one of the new mode completed call outs. It sounds like it's taken from the "Exit, an extra ball" call out, with the rest of the words cut off. Seems to only happen on the first monster completed and not tied to any specific monster or final shot.

Exit? You sure it doesn't say "excellent, an extra ball"

1 month later
#2374 4 years ago

I love the new code. I just really really wish that it didn't end the mode I'm in if I start knight multiball in the middle of a mode. It's more of a punishment if you're trying to get to the black knight. I wish it would just put the mode on hold and continue the mode after the multiball has ended.

#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

do we have a video of beating BLACK CASTLE ?
didnt found nothing on the net...

Posted this video a while back

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/19#post-5120082

#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

when/if i got the pin, think i'll beat it, doesnt seem/feel to hard (you know me lol)

I own a pro and I can only beat it with the glass off

8 months later
#3316 3 years ago

I doubt its Tim's fault. Unfortunately its not a licenced theme so it didn't sell as well as the other stern machines. They have less incentive to put time into it =(

#3363 3 years ago

Anyone here know how to edit the code themselves? Maybe we can get an official unofficial rule set going on

1 week later
#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes I used Pinball Browser and I will take a look at the pro software. If I can make some changes to it I’ll make it available as well.

That would be awesome! Is it difficult to replace the music?

1 week later
#3426 3 years ago

I downloaded pinball browser and I can't even figure out how to open spk files.

#3430 3 years ago

How did you get pinball browser to open the 2 spk files? I assume i have to combine them somehow.

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There should be one file inside the zip. Open Pinball Browser, Open Firmware and open that file.

I figured it out. I'm supposed to use the SD card image instead of the spk files.

11 months later
#4506 2 years ago

I found a bug when playing 4 player ransom challenge mode, but I don't exactly know how to re-create it. It just happens sometimes. After player 4's bonus is awarded, sometimes player 3 will receive an additional bonus.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider postmortem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=postmortem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.