IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuffalopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3597 3 years ago

Just got my hands on a pro b/c a bar closed down and I had it on route there. Babysitting it for a few months until COVID clears up and places reopen.

Anyways, totally digging it. Very fun and addicting.

Couple of questions:

-What the heck is with the "100K Super Jackpot". Am I missing something? First, no idea how I even get it. But more importantly, 100K?? I'm SUPER confused (pun intended).

-I remember on the early code when I played it, there was a moment in the game where you could rip the spinner for insane points. Is that still there? I can't even remember what I did to trigger that 2 years ago.

-Love the BK2K music in the retro multiball mode, but let down by the fact that when it comes on, it just seems so...muted? You'd think that would be a good moment in the game where something cool happens and the music cranks up, not get muted! (more of a gripe than a question).

Anyways, when I reviewed this on "Bro, Do You Even Talk Pinball" a couple of years ago, I gave it a 7.5. I may have to revisit this on our next podcast.

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Assuming you're running the latest code, you collect the super jackpot by activating magna save and the ball rolling over the right return lane switch. Older code had the super jackpot collected via the left saucer. That will bring up the Super Jackpot screen and you'll be awarded whatever points have been built up.

Wow, really? That's...interesting.... but super, super not intuitive. I appreciate Tim thinking outside of the box here, but the game needs to provide some direction that that is how you do it (callouts, text in video, etc).

It's also crazy that there's no callout when the sword is charged, that I'm aware of. I mean, isn't that the name of the game? Speaking of name, why when you spell RAGE, it doesn't charge the sword, but it lights mystery? How does that make any sense?

This game is fun, I'm addicted. But it still only feels like 85% done in terms of things needing things in place to make it the great game that's hiding in there.

I'll look back to try and find your recommendations, thanks. Podcast is not until the end of the month. I've probably played a solid 5 hours worth in the last 48 hours alone.

#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I think you might be right on the lack of a call out when the sword is charged. It's a good idea, and certainly something that would add to the polish.
I added the list from my older post to my post above to save you time searching for it.
I completely agree with you that the game feels about 85% finished. Despite my long list, there is a lot of good in this game for both PRO and Prem/LE owners. But I think in its current state, Tim has let himself (and owners) down with the lack of polish. Especially when I see other games getting solid updates. I hold out hope though.
Will keep an eye out for your next podcast!

Thanks man.

One other immediate thought that I had and didn't see is that it would be nice if the enemies that you fight had a health bar, like in Deadpool. It's just a nice touch that connects you to the game and helps indicate how close you are to beating it.

#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I do not like that bar style. You always see how many shots you need to make, once a shot is made. Also I like the timer. That is more clear to me than a bar that just decreases if an enemy hits you. Also I like you can progress in this game with the next ball on the mode. Not like Avengers where you drain you loose the gem.

You wouldn't have to get rid of a mode timer if you included a bar. And you could even have text saying how many shots left. In other words, it doesn't have to be an either/or thing.

1 week later
#3637 3 years ago

I'm having an issue where sometimes I'll hold down the left flipper to set it up for a super skill shot, but it doesn't work. It works most of the time, yet sometimes doesn't. Is this a known issue? Any fix?

#3658 3 years ago

If Stern was smart, they would rerun the topper. Heck, charge $1K. If there's any topper that's worth that price point, it's that one.

5 months later
#4195 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Having trouble figuring out how those kinds of marks would be normal play? I've worked on old machines with a similar plastic and typically any usage marks are minor surface scratches that can be buffed out.

If I had to guess, original owner used the balls from Stern that came with the game. Those balls tend to be complete shit. He probably never changed them, even after ton of play, and they tore that plastic up, along with some of the clear on the playfield.

Sounds like the game is now in better hands.

3 months later
#4387 2 years ago

I'd love a mod to replace this stupid plastic that broke off....

received_584912566151107.jpegreceived_584912566151107.jpeg
#4392 2 years ago

I appreciate the modding suggestions, thanks everyone.

Whenever an official modder makes one, you've got my money.

1 month later
#4559 2 years ago

Jesder, you're the man! That's an awesome compilation and should make their job easier.

One thing that annoys me about the game is how you're pretty much punished for completing the WAR lanes. When doing so, you're somewhat locked into hitting really hard shots. I do my best to NOT spell WAR, unless I'm in a multiball, but that seems stupid. I'm on the PRO, so maybe it's different in the other versions, but it's just not worth lighting that unless I'm in a mutliball, if I'm trying to make my way through the game.

100% also agree that Jackpots in Triple Knights Challenge should be worth more. As it stands, multiball is really just a tool to get through modes, not a reward in and of itself.

It's funny: you can say this game didn't sell well, and therefore doesn't deserve a ton of attention. But also, if the rules are not great, that leads to a game being less desirable. You really have a horse/cart scenario going on here...

2 months later
#4718 2 years ago

Just beat the game and made the Black Knight my bitch (Pro version, stock settings).

Spoiler alert: The Rage multiball/Wizard Mode that follows is terrible. Seriously, zero effort was put into it. I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin the disappointment for anyone to experience first hand.

BK Beat (resized).jpgBK Beat (resized).jpg
#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You happen to film this one, Nick? I'd be interested to see it. Congrats on beating it. This one is an ass kicker.

Wish I had it filmed, but no such luck. And thank you.

The trick was putting in the Insider Connected. I felt motivated to get through the game, in a way that I never was before.

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I now have two games with IC and as jank as some of thought this would be....it's surprisingly fun. You're playing and bam!...you hear that you've unlocked something. Really diggin' it.

Yep, it just works.

Now though, it needs more, it's super basic. I know more is coming, but it's been awhile since this was released, and impatience is kicking in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuffalopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=nickbuffalopinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.