36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 458 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C056AD99-5873-4B55-B560-7D0F7EDBC60E (resized).jpeg
8A14F7B4-B179-4F83-828B-EC185445CFFB (resized).jpeg
26773D0F-4FD5-4E7B-97CC-DA96C2C797AD (resized).jpeg
AED62A6A-61B1-4491-BEAF-31B678B30CB8 (resized).jpeg
B9F57588-114F-4B6E-B0D3-1F8B2E2556FB (resized).jpeg
F9156697-C525-4A99-871F-B58F17041AB4 (resized).jpeg
85096983_2744213662472750_6419540544766083072_n (resized).jpg
86182960_1396212940560914_1562695327771787264_n (resized).jpg
86283458_2582210305384732_7349456575586631680_n (resized).jpg
BDFF1D4D-A795-4E6E-AC3E-0B6E4B5DCA52 (resized).jpeg
DC481A62-11A3-4E64-AABA-B372A5E6EAA4 (resized).png
20200205_184729 (resized).jpg
BK plastic (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
70B9C42D-D422-4111-B9E1-627A3C5B1975 (resized).jpeg
704836B4-89E3-49FE-A068-1FDE2B4DCB55 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (11 months ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (11 months ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newtoit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 10 months ago

Have you guys made a deposit or paid for the machines yet or are they just reservations?

1 month later
#224 9 months ago

LE owners please post your machine # when you receive it.

#226 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

My LE comes tomorrow. Does anyone sell clear plastic protectors yet? How about Cliffy protectors? Anyone adding mylar or other protection want to share?

Who did you buy it from?

#234 9 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Why do you want to know the number?

Just think itd be fun to see who got what #.

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Black Knight LE #11 is in the house at Helicon Brewing in Oakdale PA! Can't wait to shoot it tonight!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now thats a good #

#250 9 months ago

Is the upper lock only a lock or does it open up to be used as a shot/ramp that lets the ball go thru it without it locking...

#309 9 months ago

Still waiting for an LE. Anyone else still waiting for an LE?

#356 9 months ago

What is a "shooter groove tune?"@

#362 8 months ago
Quoted from taz:

I don't know, more of a bug fix than anything else. I love the game, but I don't expect any improvements at this point, though I wish I was wrong.

What a pessimist. In spite of getting 2 huge updates in a matter of 2 weeks you think it wont advance much beyond this?? Wheres your logic?

#364 8 months ago

Just got word my LE will arrive tomorrow!

#380 8 months ago

Im in with #453! Unreal game it is Steve Ritchies Magna Carta.

20190531_133617 (resized).jpg20190531_133632 (resized).jpg
#391 8 months ago

My sound is scratchy as well but i installed code .94 without playing the code it came with.
I adjusted the music attenuation to -15 and the speech attenuation to 3. It amps up the music and cuts the vocals diwn a bit.

As far as the new modes rules. Id rather have to re acquire the mode then to start it from where i left off at the last ball. It feels weird to just start a ball in the middle of a mode.

#425 8 months ago

Dear Tim Sexton,
Please turn the music vocals up in the next update.
Sincerely,
Your biggest fan.

Also just to constructively critique.
1. More confirmation when modes are completed.
2.Clearification of progress to defeating modes.
3.More to do with the power features, like Iron Maiden.
4.Incorporate lower orbit gates open more.
5.Upper lock when not locking balls, leave open so as to act like a scoop shot back to the upper flipper and incorporate that into the game.
6. Combos & combo champ
7. More to do with power sword.

#428 8 months ago

Ive got the music attenuation to -10 and the speech to 3. But the vocals in the music need to be turned up. "You got the power, you got the might" part needs to be louder.

#433 8 months ago

"This is the biggest lizard I could find!"

#435 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah good point. That would be a great addition to all the modes to have the enemies show damage as you complete them.

Even just a health bar or percentage... i feel like the additional graphics for cutting off hydra heads and hell hand fingers might be asking too much.

#437 8 months ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

That would be a low end solution, but one that I would accept. Actual damage would be badass.

Id be happy if it just let me know when they were defeated. And id rather the mode end when the ball drains. Not end in completion but end and need to be re-acquired to complete

#448 8 months ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Thank you mathazar ! That was very nice of you to do for me! Should I post the design in here? Or no?

Yes

#460 8 months ago

I toned down the shaker in mine. It was shaking my house.
I turned one of weights on the shaker 90 degrees.

#470 8 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

How did you get the screw loose? I am having a heck of a time on mine want to do the 90 degree as well.

Its T-10 hex screw on the top of either weight on the shaker motor. Youll take the hex screw all the way out, rotate 90 degrees, and put the hex screw in the other hole.

#532 8 months ago

I imagine they have been on premiums for about a week.

1 week later
#579 8 months ago

Straight from the Kings mouth.

I hope someone will post the following onto the BKSOR thread. Thanks.

Hey Guys, I have some fixes for a couple problems you guys have mentioned on Pinside:

For JeffsPinballPalace:

Your Minion/Monster modes are set on difficult, and that's why you are frustrated! Go to game features adjustments. Adjustment #'s 21, 22, 23. 24, and 25 adjust the Worm, Hydra, Hell Hand, Magma Beast, and Lich Lords. Set them to Easy or Medium. I am not a good player and just completed 4 of them on Medium. There are not 3 levels to the modes. The modes are simple to achieve when set to factory Medium. Now we can calm down and enjoy some pinball!

To Anaraf, and anyone else who is having trouble shooting up the Flail lane to the upper playfield:

Power off. Take the glass off the playfield. Get a ball out of the trough. Level the Flail horizontally with your hand and rub the ball along both side walls and the floor *simultaneously* in the flail lane up and down from top to bottom. If you feel a click on the ball passing over one or more of the screws securing the flail lane floor, grab a #2 Phillips screwdriver and tighten them until you don't feel the click anymore. Screws sticking up too high will make it difficult to get the ball up to the upper playfield. The ball will slam into stuff on the the bottom of the upper playfield.

You could be having other problems with the flail lane, since you removed the upper playfield, which is no crime, but perhaps it didn't get fastened down correctly. Get a flashlight and see if you can see any obstruction in the ball's path up to the 180 degree scoop. You may have to take the playfield off again to see if wires or anything else are hanging down in the ball's path. Good luck!

Someone wrote that the Upper Playfield Cables running through the back panel don't all fit in the holes. Not true. If it were true, how did we ever build games and connect the connectors? The biggest connector goes in first, then the smaller cables on the left side. Form the wires coming out of the big connector to lay down parallel with the long edge of the connector a bit before you try this.

BKSOR definitely has flipper and other coil power adjustments! I suggest you use them before you alter your games.

Whip out your manuals and find all the adjustments you can make. There are more in BKSOR than ever before. Our engineers, Mark Guidarelli, Chuck Bleich, Tim Sexton and others have worked their butts off to advance our software and hardware. Put it to good use. Make your game fun for you, eliminate cranky posts, and enjoy your games as you like them.

Most of our games now have interlock switches on the coin door. When you open the door power is disconnected from the playfield. The interlock switch can be defeated for service by pulling it out (towards the coin door) a click. Voila! You can now enter diagnostics and make adjustments. Be careful.

Please read your manuals!

Steve Ritchie

#593 8 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did you email him?

No he posted that to facebook.

#621 8 months ago

So when is tim sexton, steve ritchie, or deadflip going to inform us where we can get the 2 plastic protectors and "playfield enhancement?" As shown in the livestream.

1 week later
#674 7 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

The screws are tight. Those balls are attached to springs, don't see any way to adjust the distance the balls stick out, my stainless ramp is getting a beating. I can't be the only one having this problem? Best I can figure, if to cut a look off the spring and re-attach, but that looks like a PITA.

Did you post a pic of the damage it caused, id like to see.

3 weeks later
#884 7 months ago

How is everyone liking the new code??

#902 7 months ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

To paraphrase the Joker “What happened? Did his balls drop off?”
Sorry, but these call outs completely ruin the image of the Black Knight for me. When I want humor with my knights and castles, I’ll play Medieval Madness.
So perhaps another adjustment can be created in the next code release. Call it Black Knight Persona. Options are Evil Badass or Bully Wuss.

To each their own.. i havent installed the new update yet but ill be sure to voice my opinion as well.

#948 6 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I did have a minor bug tonight. The game awarded me an extra ball and followed that by saying extra ball is lit. I must have hit the extra ball the first instant that it was available and the effects go reversed!

Same thing happened to me a couple times. All having to do with the extra ball. Once it played the extra ball acquired screen twice in a row but i only got one extra ball. Another time it played the acquired extra ball followed by extra ball lit but extra ball was not lit.

#1004 6 months ago

Yes. Stern is an ass for not letting LE owners get the first shot at those albums. I bid up to $140 on the ebay one last night... it sold for $202.
Theres no way I could have gotten one, i live on the other side of the country.

1 month later
#1223 5 months ago

Topper screenshot

Screenshot_20190921-175037_YouTube (resized).jpg
#1230 5 months ago
Quoted from monte_:

I am using the new code. I have an LE. Any other ideas? I will call Stern this week

Mine are always red but his chin/mouth changes color

1 week later
#1301 4 months ago

Just need my BK topper
20190930_180408 (resized).jpg

#1317 4 months ago

A couple sources said theyre not done with the code.

1 month later
#1499 3 months ago

No mention of anything new coming in the latest stern newsletter. Which is odd because of all the topper talk, maybe next month.

#1505 3 months ago

Havent turned my bksor le on for about a month. I wont sell it but it needs some help on the code. Hopefully Tim Sexton is working on it.

#1514 3 months ago

Steve says it should be updated by Christmas.

2 weeks later
#1645 87 days ago

Ill be up all night waiting for tomorrow mornings big news!!

#1648 86 days ago

Excitwd to see the topper today!

#1650 86 days ago
Quoted from Jesder:

There was a post on the Stern Facebook page today titled "Get Ready Meatbags! Black (Knight) Friday 11/29/19 9AM CST"
So fingers crossed that it's new code and topper info.

Well what is it?

#1652 86 days ago

Not the surprise i was hoping for. But Stern always does a promoted lackluster reveal immediately before doing a non promoted real reveal.

#1674 85 days ago

Stern goes out of their way to piss off their fans.

#1712 82 days ago

Maybe the stern of the union will address our concerns. Does it come out today?

#1715 82 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Aaaand, nothing on Stern of the Union. :/

Every first tuesday my ass

#1716 82 days ago

Not a peep about Black Knight on the newsletter. On a positive note i still have something to look forward to

#1727 79 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So my distributor took my order for the Black Knight topper today! It is supposed to be released any day.

How much?

#1733 79 days ago

Sterns asleep at the wheel with this one, topper and code.

#1785 74 days ago

Got the new BK album!

20191211_202019 (resized).jpg
#1788 74 days ago

I want the original baby blue one now. The blue ones were on ebay i should have got it back when i saw it

1 week later
#1811 67 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Where is the new code???

And the topper!

#1833 63 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Here's an odd request... can anybody get me a close-ish photo of the black knight mech with a tiny Santa sat on? Like stolen from the elf on a shelf or something? Need it by noon. Reasons.

Wish i could help. But im sure someone can.

#1859 59 days ago

As far as code, dont get your hopes up and you wont be let down. I was a big advocate for this game but my enthusiasm has died. It is the best looking game stern has put out but the gameplay is lacking. It could be a great game if the code had more to offer. I own an LE and havent played it in atleast a month but i do enjoy looking at it.

#1869 58 days ago

Its got everything but code/depth. Maybe Lyman can help Timmy out like he helped Lonnie.

#1915 54 days ago

Anyone else see the marketplace ads for this game. There are about 8 LE for sale for under 7500. I went to a distributor yesterday hes got one still in the box that he cant sell and people are trading them in for a fraction of what they paid.

Any idea why they made 600 of the BKSORLE but only make 500 LE of all other games?

#1917 54 days ago

I have it on good authority that there will be a code update preview within a couple weeks. It involves more text on screen, gameplay "tweaks" and many bug fixes. And of course major topper integration. Keep an eye on the tilt forums for change notes coming soon.

The topper manufacturer is the reason for the delay.

#1926 53 days ago

This club should be called the "wheres this screw go, wheres the code club"

#1932 51 days ago

From what i understand this is not the official notes. I was told there would be on screen text in the game as well. "Shoot this shoot that"

#1967 47 days ago

This is what I get for laughing at the ghostbusters crowd when they were whining about a code update.

Its sad to see a game with great potential get shafted.

#1984 45 days ago

Theyll be livestreaming the new code on a pro at INDISC 2020 this weekend, maybe tomorrow. On twitch.iepinball

2 weeks later
#2054 30 days ago

Its gone the way of the dodo bird.

#2058 29 days ago

^"the team"^

Im certain there is no team working on anything bksor. One guy maybe and its not Timmy Sexton. He stopped working on the code so long ago that he forgot what he did to it.

#2084 27 days ago

Finally played yesterday. First time in months. Its a good game and i enjoy it

1 week later
#2118 19 days ago

Cant wait for the stern of the union to finally shed some light on all things bksor!

#2124 19 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

No mention of the code whatsoever. Gonna be a while. Also love how the link they put for the topper leads to a blank white page. Seems about fitting. Lol

Hilarious i know. Should of just been a link to a pic of a middle finger.

#2135 17 days ago

You hear that Tim Sexton! We need a 2 ball multiball.

#2180 12 days ago

Yes!! What does the require mode for catapult lock mean/do? I always thought itd be great if the catapult would just let the ball come right back out at the flipper without the 1 second lock delay when its not lit.

Hope to update tonight!

#2223 11 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just found this: Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pinball-Behind the Curtain

This video really gives you a new appreciation for the game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newtoit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside