New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 239307)

Black Knight - Sword of Rage Club - Honourable Knights Only

By NeilMcRae

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,007 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Loganpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Black Knight - Sword of Rage Club - Honourable Knights Only”

• Pro 83 votes
    36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 611 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

261E428A-4BD8-4418-AE9D-F824F718B13B (resized).jpeg
36B8CAFA-7FCB-432A-9293-0D01EFA14673 (resized).jpeg
ED89B97B-015B-4DBA-8C2C-1F3737EA80E9 (resized).jpeg
SOR-welds (resized).png
F6D63B3A-491F-43D4-A14D-E05830DDD488 (resized).jpeg
75E76BE0-DD03-4331-BFFB-1E2EBA386FCA (resized).png
5913A892-ECBF-4610-BE91-7A0FED55F367 (resized).png
AA00CE52-994C-4EB0-84BE-25F7E1630C3D (resized).jpeg
CA42C9CB-1F58-4D42-8345-FFC4EC6CB3AF (resized).jpeg
160BDDB8-ADD8-47A3-BD57-E99636E67347 (resized).jpeg
26FEA3CD-908A-4C59-B97A-9B5EEE67F67F (resized).jpeg
Last Chance (resized).png
20200913_070835 (resized).jpg
IMG_8843 (resized).jpg
C44E5FA7-65D8-40D2-B34A-899816B4DAF0 (resized).jpeg
040CA86C-E561-4504-8A92-C2B19414F7C7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Ok I'm in for an LE - who else?

#3 1 year ago

Feature Matrix.

Black-Knight-Sword-of-Rage-Features-Matrix-1 (resized).jpg

#19 1 year ago

I've broken that rule also and especially after the disappointment of the munsters its high risk time. But Steve Richie and Tim Sexton are both epic folks so I'm confident as if it was a Lyman game. I'm seriously tempted to fly to MGC to play it.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I just wonder if the pro will get virtual locks for the Prem/LE upper playfield or will it be like GOTLE where the castle mb is only in the Prem/LE versions. Could be a huge factor in this title IMHO for getting the premium instead of the pro.

I think thats the most interesting question is how they play differently, from what I am hearing most folks seem interested in the Premium/LE...

Neil.

#23 1 year ago

Looking at the play field it looks like they designed the premium and then took stuff out for the Pro?

#27 1 year ago
36adb33653b4f67a512c061f995df3df1802bbdb.jpeg (resized).jpg
#33 1 year ago

waiting to find out if I got an LE!!!

#53 1 year ago

won't get my LE until June most likely.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Looking for the sword of rage club can anyone point me in the right direction?

always the wise guy

sorted

1 week later
#74 1 year ago

anyone who has the game I'd really appreciate a picture of the HDMI out port?

#75 1 year ago

oh and anyone know when the manual is likely to go on the stern website?

2 months later
#585 1 year ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Anyone know if you can add a shaker to the PRO model?

yes. I recommend the stern one, its plug and play.

#586 1 year ago

Video of my LE love stacking MB and retro!

#612 1 year ago

great job from Stern last night on showing the new code and for Steve/Tim and the other team members to give us his feedback directly, its so refreshing to see that! Looking forward to playing the new code tonight.

Neil.

1 month later
#933 1 year ago

Update worked fine for me. Usual method. No problems.

#943 1 year ago

I streamed the new code a few knights ago

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow. I really like the new code. The game is much more balanced now and the upper playfield is blocked by the flail and the drop target more than before. Seems like a little more on the light and sound end of things too. Hopefully a couple more polish releases, but this game is pretty complete at this point.
I did have a minor bug tonight. The game awarded me an extra ball and followed that by saying extra ball is lit. I must have hit the extra ball the first instant that it was available and the effects go reversed!

Yeah I think I hit that bug also.

1 month later
#1133 1 year ago

*** Check your play fields ***

Folks, couple of guys have posted on the mega chipping thread that they have BK:SOR with chipping. Can I ask you to all check and if you have chipping to report it to your dealer...

thanks,
Neil.

#1141 1 year ago

thanks John. Key thing is to report it, and lets give Stern a chance to figure out whats going on and respond;

1 week later
#1178 1 year ago

I've got a couple of the LE speaker light kits from Doug and I have to say they are freaking brilliant. Must have item on your LE

Neil.

2 weeks later
#1260 12 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm already seeing bubbling around the posts around the center ramp. It'll eventually chip off, I'm sure.[quoted image]

which model and date build?

Neil.

#1305 11 months ago

anyone have a date for the topper? need xmas ideas for the wife

#1311 11 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well unless she’s a huge pinball fan make sure it’s not the only present. Trust me.

lol no, her buying for me - I'm very hard to get stuff for apparently . I get all her stuff at the LV shop

1 week later
#1363 11 months ago

BOOOM!

This topper is rocking !!

#1390 11 months ago

more...

#1442 11 months ago
Quoted from Finrod:

I haven't been here in a few years, but since I bought a Premium and have had it for ~2 months I figured I should come here and see what people have to say. It took me most of a week to read the whole thread, and I've already learned a good deal so far, and I have quite a bit to say, but I'll just start with one item: the magna-save button.
I don't like where it is on the lock-down bar. Sure, it's easier for new players to find, and I can hit it with my left hand while I still keep my right hand on the right flipper button, but it introduces some problems. A large part of the time when I hit the button, my ring goes >crack< on the playfield glass, and I've accumulated a whole mess of fingerprints on the playfield glass. Also, they had to change how the lockdown bar is released-- sure, they included a flyer with how to release it with the machine, but there are going to be many servicepeople that need to maintain a BKSOR that will have never seen the flyer.
Plus, my magna-save button likes to stick down about 1 time in 3 or 4, and that's with a machine that's only ever been played in my basement by me. When someone on location spills some carbonated beverage on one of these buttons, or hits with overly sticky hands, that button is going to get stuck down and be unusable.
Has anyone else had any problems with a sticky magna-save button, or is it just me?

Stern have been using this new type of lockdown bar for almost 4 years now. I think most folks have got it. In my view its a huge improvement over the lever mech.

2 weeks later
#1519 10 months ago

Anyone heard anything about topper ship date? My wife wants to get me it for xmas and she keeps asking me when it will be available?

#1520 10 months ago
Quoted from Finrod:

I have a question for everyone who has a Premium or Limited Edition: when you flip the right flipper, which flips first, the upper flipper or the main flipper?
I'm at the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Nashville and they have a LE here, and on it the upper flipper flips first followed by the main flipper, but on the Premium in my basement at home the main flipper flips first and then the upper flipper-- which sometimes doesn't flip or is delayed enough that I miss the shot, which is annoying. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with mine.

Absolutely the lower flipper!

1 week later
#1574 10 months ago

hell yes on shaker!

1 month later
#1847 9 months ago

remember the Star Wars topper got stuck in approval purgatory

1 month later
#2177 7 months ago

thanks to timballs and the Stern gang for a great update!

Just cleaned and waxed the game today ready for a tournament at my house in a couple of weeks and getting this code was perfect timing!

Cheers,
Neil.

1 month later
#2428 6 months ago

mine is stuck in a container in Chicago along with a load of other stuff that isn't moving

#2432 5 months ago

Friends, Knights and countrymen, lend me your ears!!!!

It's time for the Knights of the Black Table Club to come together!

The Sword is mightier than the light beam!

The Stern Showdown meatbag wimps that be have decided that Tron is a match for the mighty Black Knight.

HA HA HA!

NO WAY!

We must unite under thy might Black Knight's leadership to have off with these fancy lights pant wearers and send them back to their virtual mommys!

Lets give the Black Knight the the mighty catapult he deserves!

Cheers,
Knight Minion McRae

4 weeks later
#2509 4 months ago

anyone know anywhere with the topper in stock?

1 month later
#2634 3 months ago

I need a topper topper is what I need. can't find one!

3 weeks later
#2667 87 days ago
Quoted from Asael:

New Siderails for my Premium, now I just wait for the topper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice, where did you get them?

2 weeks later
#2693 70 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

is there a place I can purchase the digital copy of the BK:SOR soundtrack?
Failing that, can someone please send me the files?

id appreciate that also.

#2732 64 days ago

can;'t see another update coming out for this game sadly but its the only game that I play that I need a sit-down and a beer after playing it - its so frenetic!

1 week later
#2800 53 days ago

anyone know who has extras?

2 weeks later
#2850 39 days ago

got my topper also epic service from cointaker! PA to the UK in two days!

Marcospec had them.

1 week later
#2878 31 days ago

GG confirmed another code update for Black Knight:SOR - hahahaaaaaa!

#2895 30 days ago
Quoted from Jesder:

That's excellent news - is there a link to an article or podcast where it's mentioned?

posted on Jack Dangers post on facebook about the audio DJ thingy.

#2896 30 days ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Just received the awesome inner art blades from Stern. Has anyone had experience installing them?
[quoted image]

my advice. Borrow a friend. Lift the play field completely out of the cabinet (you don't need to disconnect it but you can just mark the connections) have a couple of stools to balance it on parallel to the game.

I start at the top and practise the alignment with the backing paper on. Then peel off the wide edge and focus on getting the angle and the hole and the top edge where it meets the inside of the cabinet (there is a wood piece there that if its too far back it won't stick flat, it should all be on the side of the play field and not on the lip at the top end.

I used soapy water in a spray gun first time I did it and wet the decals so they are easy to lift and recommend this for first timers but I've done it so many times I don't do this now. Watch out for the two little metal catches that centre the plafield when down. on one install I was a little too low so had to undo that and put it back in with the lip over the side blades.

Then put the playfield back in carefully with a friend.

Get a blue sharpie and write "side blades" on the metal bar the lockdown connects to. This is to remind you that they are there so when you lift the playfield in and out you take extra care.

twice I've tried to do it with the playfyield in the machine, twice I've had to order replacement decals

4 weeks later
#2999 1 day ago

premium in all cases imo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside