IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1753 4 years ago

Im getting ready to buy my second pin and am waiting on the new stern announcement. But after watching a lot of gameplay of black knight I am really torn. This game looks awesome. I love the theme and the idea of a brutally hard pin. I havent gone thru the whole thread but whats the consensus on pro vs premium? Im not a huge fan of secondary playfields. But if the premium is better I am ok spending the money.

#1755 4 years ago

Thanks for that. Another question buying pins in general. Are distributirs willing to negotiate on nib pricing? When i see a BK premium for 7600 shoukd i expect to do better?

#1757 4 years ago

Good advise thx. To trll you the truth i most likly will buy and want the distributer to deliver and setup. Maybe I csn negotiate that part. I did that with my deadpool but that was from a pinsider who bought one and never opened.

#1762 4 years ago

thanks to the above and good advise. none of my main spots around me(im in NJ) have a black night yet. So I need to find someplace to try it out. Might just need to make an appointment at distributers showroom

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

If you can try them in a distributor's showroom, by all means do it. That way you'll be playing games that are far closer to what you'll get NIB than by finding ones on location that may not have had the best upkeep - even if it's not initially visible. You don't want someone's lack of attentive maintenance tainting your opinions of any or all models. Distributors are far more likely to have very well-functioning and well-maintained games to play on their display floor since it will hurt their sales if they don't.

I agree on this. There are games I love playing but cant stand playing them setup wrong(or just much different pitch) or in bad shape. Sorry to make everyone think theres a code update! Just wanted to pick brains. Im torn on my next purchase and this one is right there. Really depends on how stranger things looks if that is indeed the next stern.

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

There's some wiggle room for sure. My local distributor has a large showroom and 100 NIB pins in his warehouse. I've never bought anything there before. I walked in two weeks ago wanting to buy a BKSOR Premium and started playing the Pro, Prem, and LE machines in the showroom. When the sales guy came up to ask if he could help me with anything, I asked him if they'd discount the $7499 any if I paid in cash money. He said unfortunately no, and we continued to talk pins for a while. After a bit of chit-chat, he could tell I was serious and said he could come down to $7200 and he'd throw in a shaker motor. Sold. And he also knocked off $100 from the optional $199 delivery charge (for $99, it was worth it to have their two guys take it down to my basement without me and my 17yr old having to navigate the 3 corners down the narrow stairs). Brand NIB BKSOR Premium with shaker, delivered and set up for $8000 including sales tax.
The dealer installed the shaker onsite for me and I updated the .94 code to 1.00 before they left in case something went wrong.
The only downside (and it's no big deal) is that while it's NIB, it's an older manufacturing date (June) which means I need to do a few things:
- Install the Plastic Assembly #43 Replacement Kit for the upper playfield (actually did that this week)
- Install the missing washer in the upper flipper stack that causes the ball to occasionally get stuck on the ironing-board-looking-plastic (slated to do this weekend)
- Install a smaller rubber ring around the post to the right of the "R" at the top of the bottom playfield so slow balls don't get stuck there (slated to do this weekend)
As I understand it, all of the above have been corrected on the assembly line with the later machine builds.

Thats helpful. Thx

1 year later
#3454 3 years ago

about to join the club next week with a premium. Anyone know where I can find the stern shooter rod? Shops I usually check are sold out.

Side note- What is the best pitch to set the game at?

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I’m looking for it too think it’s done ?

Ugh. Luckily I am acquiring a topper as well. My first topper, couldnt resist.

1 week later
#3483 3 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday with a premium complete with topper and a bunch of mods like powder coating, art blades, pops upgrades, shaker and invisiglass coming. I know its early and honeymoon period but Im really enjoying this game. I had never played it before but have seen a bunch of streams and always wanted it. Initally wanted a pro but I actually really like the upper playfield. The music, animations and style are just awesome. I have a bunch of complicated games in my collection and this seems like a nice straight forward throwback. Anyways joining the club now and love it so far.

#3494 3 years ago

Im failing at trying to find the BK shooting rod anywhere. Anyways funny story from NYE. We celebrated outside with some socially distanced fireworks. My neighbor who I am not particularly friendly with heard I have a few pins. I started to tell him I have 5 newer machines which surprised him they were making new ones. He said "tell me you have BK 2000, I LOVE that game" I told him I had the NEW BK and he was besides himself. Heh, so once things are a bit better Ill have him down to the basement to play some pinball.

#3503 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What is a fair price for a used topper? I see people asking a ton but what is reasonable?

mine was 1k but thats just what the dude selling said he wanted as part of a trade/with cash. Was part of a bigger purchase so I went with it. Normally would not spend that kind of money on a topper. But it is amazing...

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, thanks! I might sell my topper and my BKSOR le seperate. I have an opportunity to buy my brothers jjp potc and can’t turn it down. Need to sell something to make room and my BKSOR le was routed so I think it will make more sense to separate them if we sell It

Makes sense. Ive only had mine 10 days now and Ill be in love with it a while.

#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, it’s a really tough decision. I don’t want to sell but potc is pretty awesome. I need to pick something from the lineup. Not sure yet but we do like BKSOR a lot. If he wasn’t wanting to sell potc I’d be perfectly ok with keeping our current lineup

Im out of room for now too with a 5 pin lineup. Ive done a lot of shuffling this year and like what i have now. Might add GnR or whatever stern announces if I can squeeze one more in. But im in no rush

1 week later
#3525 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterTinkerer:

Picking up a Limited Edition today - my first personal pinball machine!

enjoy it! I got my premium a few weeks ago and love it. Just know that you will have an unquentiable thirst to add more games.....and fast

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

First time I’ve had this happen. Probably pretty slim odds. Played the multiball with one ball and then nudged to loosen these up when needed.

heh nice. Ive had the ball get stuck between the metal ramp and flail before, but not two balls!

#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

I need some honest feedback. I am thinking about added a BKSOR premium to my line up, but I'm not 100% sure. I can't play one with the lockdowns in my area, but if I do decide to purchase it, my local distributor will allow for a curbside pick up. I've never purchased a pin without playing it several times first. The wife and I watched Jack play the pin on his Deadflip youtube channel and it looks fast, cool and really engaging, my wife referred to it as a supercharged MM and she thinks it is amazing.
I have a couple of Steve Ritchie titles in my collection (SM and GOT) and I like the flow and speed of his designs, I'm just not sure and need some help to make this decision a little easier. Whenever I add a pin to my line up I typically want to keep it for a long while, I need something that I won't get bored of easily.
Any feedback and info would be great.

I bought my premium without ever playing it. I just watched a ton of videos including deadflips. I know I like fast/Ritchie style games. I love my SW Premium. And I LOVE the theme/tone of BK with the music/video. Once I was able to find one with a topper included I jumped on it(Premium with some mods).

1 month later
#3720 3 years ago

Finally reached the black knight tonight. I didnt realize it was a one and done mode as I had an extra ball waiting. Having to hit that middle shot blows! Of course I left that for last, tried it and insta drain. Figured Id have another shot but I guess you need to go through his minions again first. Anyways was a great game and almost hit 500m. Game kind of reminds me of deadpool in that you make your way through minions and then get change at the Boss. Just wish it wasnt a one ball mode....

2 weeks later
#3816 3 years ago

anyone buy a used premium lately? I have a premium with a bunch of mods(and topper) and wondering what I should out it on market for. Thanks

10 months later
#4674 2 years ago

A while ago we heard rumors of stern making more toppers. Was BK one of those? I may be buying an LE

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

It was not in the list.

Darn. This will
Be my second time owning bk. Last time i had a premium with topper. Hard not to have it!

#4683 2 years ago

Question on mods. The Premium I had in the past had a flaming led mod under the inlanes I believe. Does anyone know wwhat thats called and who makes it?

#4693 2 years ago

Looking for a BK topper if anyone wants to sell one. Could also trade a nib ehoh topper if someones looking

#4696 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

guess you should have bought mine lol

Stop taunting me about it!

4 weeks later
#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Just joined the club , and whoever said SW is more difficult then BK is nuts … this game is so Fkn brutal , SR you have another winner

pro or premium? SW premium is definetly harder than BK premium imho. But BK pro is harder than premium

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I have a Pro and my SW was a premium . I kicked ass on SW but BK seems a more difficult

yea, BK pro is way harder than the premium/LE. SW pro is easier than the premium due to the ramp shot. Both tough games.

1 month later
#4771 1 year ago

Finally beat the black knight when logged into Insider connected. Was kind of dramatic though. Last ball, last shot to beat him. Hit the shot but ball drains sdtm... I scream, but then see the achievement pop up that I beat him. So I guess we killed eachother at the same time.....

2 months later
#4808 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I would imagine that makes for a nicer right hand return, rather than SDTM, lol.

haha first thing I thought when I saw that picture was "hrm how do I make mine that way"

2 months later
#4899 1 year ago

I actually had my first power outage yesterday even after the update. Got to black knight multiball, flippers died, game lights did wierd stuff, ball finder kicked in and gave me a ball but never got to play the multiball

4 weeks later
#4935 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Yep, Pro is the one to get for this title

Where can I find one for $1500? Please let me know, serious question

Me2

4 months later
#5139 1 year ago

I would buy that topper from you if the price isnt insane. Pm me

#5142 1 year ago

Wow an LE with topper just went for 11700. Maybe the topper is coming down with everything else(mostly hoping)

I want a topper for my LE but not at 3k. I did that for r2d2 and regretted it.

#5145 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I thought it would’ve been more.

I really thought about buying that game, just taking the topper for myself and then selling the LE seperately. Id love to have the topper(ive owned it in the past when I had a premium), but 3k is a bit much. Id probably buy one if I saw for 2500 ish tops just because my LE looks lonely without it. And BK and R2D2 could talk to eachother.

8 months later
#5354 5 months ago

I have an Le with topper. Paid 2500 for topper but glad more folks who want one can get it. I think an LE re release is a mistake though. They arent going to sell at 13k… but please give us more code!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.