36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 607 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F6D63B3A-491F-43D4-A14D-E05830DDD488 (resized).jpeg
75E76BE0-DD03-4331-BFFB-1E2EBA386FCA (resized).png
5913A892-ECBF-4610-BE91-7A0FED55F367 (resized).png
AA00CE52-994C-4EB0-84BE-25F7E1630C3D (resized).jpeg
CA42C9CB-1F58-4D42-8345-FFC4EC6CB3AF (resized).jpeg
160BDDB8-ADD8-47A3-BD57-E99636E67347 (resized).jpeg
26FEA3CD-908A-4C59-B97A-9B5EEE67F67F (resized).jpeg
Last Chance (resized).png
20200913_070835 (resized).jpg
IMG_8843 (resized).jpg
C44E5FA7-65D8-40D2-B34A-899816B4DAF0 (resized).jpeg
040CA86C-E561-4504-8A92-C2B19414F7C7 (resized).jpeg
81FEA149-D47A-441E-A27B-DA9B607BFE6C (resized).jpeg
9781C0CE-5705-4A6B-91E2-261A27A6FA73 (resized).jpeg
47A507F3-01D9-430A-8665-EB43305D6D4F (resized).jpeg
5F8A84A8-AF7F-4159-871A-A3292C1F4A74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago

On the list for an LE... Last LE I bought was STLE.

1 month later
#225 1 year ago

My LE comes tomorrow. Does anyone sell clear plastic protectors yet? How about Cliffy protectors? Anyone adding mylar or other protection want to share?

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Who did you buy it from?

Trent

#247 1 year ago

I took the day off today to wait for my LE arrival. Trying to figure out which game moves to the garage to make room.

#252 1 year ago
20190517_144948 (resized).jpg
#260 1 year ago

While unpacking, I was surprised to see how sturdy the cabinets are now. Even the bottom board is super nice 3/4 inch plywood. In comparison my Star Wars has 1/2 inch particle board. There are plenty of corner braces now too.

20190517_203554 (resized).jpg
#287 1 year ago

One of the first things I do with new Stern games is put mylar under the front on the apron to keep the edge from digging in to the clear coat. I just got a 3D printer, so I'm looking for quick projects to hone my skills. I whipped up some channel molding that snaps in place and fits perfectly.

20190520_081041 (resized).jpg
#297 1 year ago

Just a heads up. When you don't plunge the ball hard enough to get it to the upper playfield, it comes back, drops off the ramp and hits the playfield just below the entrance to the right orbit. There probably should be mylar there from the factory but there isn't. I went ahead and installed a square of mylar there just to keep from getting too worn over time.

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Full set protectors:
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/Vht9yuFZo06d7XYKcRU2Sg
While they are spendy, I might hold out for a colored set. They look really good on my IMDN.

No premium/LE set. I much prefer clear over colors.

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Any adjustments people are making on their games?
My LE was pretty much plug and play but it seems like the music is down from when I was at MGC (makes sense). I'm also having a heck of a time with the metal ramp shots making it up top. I know all the inner shots are pretty tight on this but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do. I'd say only 1 in 4 'solid' shot make it up top.

Yeah my LE was total plug and play too. Not the slightest problem out of the box. Any shot with decent speed makes it to the upper playfield from the flail lane ramp, so there must be something out of whack on yours?

The only changes I've made was to install protectors on the shooter lane, under the front of the apron and on the sling and flipper lane plastics. I would really like a full set of CLEAR plastic protectors because there are a lot of plastics on this game that I suspect will not last long otherwise. I would also like some cool speaker lights with cutouts and possibly a Cliffy protector for the shield lock. Today I'm installing the real knocker and the quiet fan mod. Also, will be connecting the game to a Polk subwoofer today!

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What's your raw material & source? Looks great. Did you have to flame polish the edges or anything or does it cut clean?

Lowes and Home Depot sell small sheets of Lexan or Polycarbonate. Do not use acrylic. A scroll saw does a nice job, drill press for the holes and then a progression of sandpaper grades to smooth the edges.

#351 1 year ago

Still no plastic protectors for Premium/LE??? I know they will be released as soon as I make my own...

#360 1 year ago

That is a pretty sizeable update for only going from .93 to .94! Hopefully a few more like that before we hit 1.0 and beyond! Downloading now...

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Anyone have trouble downloading the new code I keep hitting the download but It keeps sending me to the read me file.

You clicking the correct link?

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I don’t understand why it wasn’t there from the factory? Chances of me getting that on bubble free since being riddled w/ divots is about 0% I’d say.

Bubbles have a lot more to do with technique than dimples. Sure doing it before the dimples would be preferable, but doing a piece of mylar that size is not easy even on a perfectly smooth playfield. If you do it right, roll it down slowly and keep the bubbles out as you go, it will be fine. I've laid mylar on old Williams games that were as dimpled as can possibly be and had no bubbles...

#392 1 year ago

Has anyone installed the Pinball Life knocker yet? I just installed mine and it doesn't work. I've installed many knockers over the years on SAM and SPIKE and this is the first one that has not worked. I double checked all of the wiring, fuse and the menu settings. One thing that I notice is the power cord to the node board on the BKSOR LE has an extra capacitor in line that is not there on my SW Premium.

Added 15 months ago:

Edit. Turns out my knocker board had a bad solder joint. Quick dab of solder and its working great now.

#416 1 year ago

I love the upper playfield. It adds a lot to the game. As others have mentioned, you can get a six ball multiball by building the catapult and knight mb at the same time. Trying to loop and then lock is tough as hell. No way is the upper playfield easy. Nice to have a Stern that is not 2-flippers. And yes, I don't care what anyone says, Black Knight is not Black Knight without the upper playfield.

#452 1 year ago

I ordered the plunger today. It looks really nice, plus it has a nice shape that should feel and function like a regular plunger. Something about having an odd shape like a stormtrooper just takes away from the feel of making a skill shot plunge.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

the music is stuck in my head, it's so awesome, fits the theme perfectly and is just badass!

So true

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from TREX:

Plunger is pressed in.

He is talking about the whole rod including the new skull head. Normally you take off the rubber tip, remove the clip and spring, slide the plunger rod out and then install the new one in the opposite order. Why sell the entire thing including the housing????

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

How did you get the screw loose? I am having a heck of a time on mine want to do the 90 degree as well.

Do you guys have the factory shaker? Mine seems fine...

The screw probably has locktite on it so will be a bear to loosen.

#482 1 year ago

Just wanted to post an update. The Pinball Life knocker works great in this game. Mine initially a bad solder joint on the board. It's fixed now and loud at hell. I have it striking the back of the lower cabinet instead of the cross member.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Am I missing it, or are there not plastic protector sets out for the LE?

None that I've seen. I'd imagine LSOG will have some soon. Also, the playfield protector people make full sets and they are just getting back from vacation.

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

I'm just looking for the plastic protectors, but thank you for letting me know.

Sorry I implied playfield protectors but meant plastic protectors. They have a huge set for Pro and I would expect a set for the premiums/LE. There are a ton of tiny plastics on this game that I worry about!

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/23/Plastics-Protectors

#551 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Can you add an external sub to these game just by alligator clipping onto the existing sub posts?
Just put the game in the basement yesterday and this is the first thing I'm thinking about.

I've got a Polk sub on mine. Sounds great!

Installed apron cards yesterday!

20190615_205632 (resized).jpg
#562 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Where did you feed the speaker wire out of the cabinet? The sub hole?

Out the holes in the back of the cabinet on the bottom. You have to carefully lift up the screen and slip the wire out.

#578 1 year ago

For those who are getting in Premiums, I will report the one thing that was wrong on my LE when I pulled it out of the box a few weeks ago. Having never played the game or watched videos online it took me at least 20 games to realize that I hadn't started any modes and the flail didn't spin very much. It didn't take long to find both problems were because the exit switch actuator from the center ramp was stuck upward. It was hidden behind the catapult so I didn't notice it! Two seconds to fix and the game suddenly got 100x more fun!

#594 1 year ago

The one thing I would really like to see changed in future software is the Black Knight (SR) voice call-outs. The bass is way saturated or something and it makes at least half of the callouts sound muddy or garbled. I wish they could remix or re-record them to get the voice more clear to understand and make it sound a little more like the original game from 1980.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from newtoit:

So when is tim sexton, steve ritchie, or deadflip going to inform us where we can get the 2 plastic protectors and "playfield enhancement?" As shown in the livestream.

I thought I heard on the video it would take a couple weeks and then buyers would get an email and instructions for getting one.

#647 1 year ago

Got the Last Chance and Super Catapult MB tonight. Very cool. Obviously it didn't start out a good game but it ended up being a lot of fun. Very cool and innovative feature in the software.

#651 1 year ago

Tonight I found a gray shooter spring in my spare parts pile and put it on my Stern skull shooter mod in BKSOR. This spring is just right for the job! Gray is two steps stronger than the orange spring that came with the mod. The extra power in this spring easily makes the upper playfield without being overly powerful. So anyone buying a stronger spring for the replacement shooter, I would go with gray/silver.

Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

1 week later
#714 1 year ago
Quoted from November:

White LED are way too cold for this game with red/orange nuances. Maybe Warm white will fit better...still prefer the red ones

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and say it: those cool white bulbs look terrible. I love the stock colors not sure why change? To each their own I guess.

I'm expecting my full set of plastic protectors to come in soon. That will take care of those ugly metal washers.

#717 1 year ago

That's a big set of protectors. Will take a while to install all of them.

20190709_184055 (resized).jpg
#718 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I contacted Chas at Stern about the spring on the shooter rod I purchased. They are sending me a replacement silver spring.

I have the silver. It's perfect without being too strong. The orange was too weak for that heavy shooter.

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Hey John_I- who has the plastic protectors?

I ordered them from Germany. They only have the Pro on the website and the Premium/LE coming soon. I emailed them and badgered them into sending me a set early for my LE.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/23/Plastics-Protectors

#728 1 year ago

Interesting. This would be a much simpler way of distributing it than trying to go through Stern or your distributor.

2 weeks later
#923 1 year ago

Wow. I really like the new code. The game is much more balanced now and the upper playfield is blocked by the flail and the drop target more than before. Seems like a little more on the light and sound end of things too. Hopefully a couple more polish releases, but this game is pretty complete at this point.

I did have a minor bug tonight. The game awarded me an extra ball and followed that by saying extra ball is lit. I must have hit the extra ball the first instant that it was available and the effects go reversed!

#962 1 year ago

How do we buy that sound track?

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Wow ... well someone was nice enough to pick one up for me I won’t be selling mine !!!

LEs should have come with one. Just sayin'.

#999 1 year ago

Got the new Speakerlightkits.com LE kit with mirrored acrylic inserts. Easy installation and they look fantastic. Here is a quick video on the out of box setting:

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

there is no reason for me to buy it other than just to have it.

That is what I keep telling myself when I look on eBay. Not to mention that I don't own a turntable, nor would I want to open the package if I bought it.

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from LowScores:

My upper flipper still drags back to its starting position.
I can't tell if my issue is with the coil at all. Everything seems tight. Are there any known issues or adjustments with the shaft and component stack up through to the upper play field? It feels like the resistance is in the rotation on that axis and not the coil/sleeve setup.

Can you pull the flipper straight up away from the playfield even the slightest bit? There is supposed to be a millimeter of play or so.

#1020 1 year ago

I got my upper playfield enhancement kit yesterday from Pinball Life and it has the original plastic in it without the additional hole for the new post. Oh well. Email sent to Pinball Life to see what the story is.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Here's a picture of mine. I just drilled a new hole in the old one. I'm just going to keep the new one as a spare, I measured it and it's 7/16 of an inch over and 1/8 of an inch up on that left corner. Drill bit size is 5/32".
[quoted image]

Thanks. I sized your picture the same as the plastic and held my plastic up to the screen so I could mark the spot for the hole. Worked great.

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from djgoaway:

Why did they cut a hole and insert a plastic insert piece underneath the upper playfield flipper? Not sure how this passed quality control. The ball gets stuck frequently.[quoted image]

This has been discussed many times. This allows the upper playfield to be removed without removing the flipper. Some games are missing a washer or something under the plate. Easy fix. Search this thread.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I am hoping to have 5.25" speaker plates (as well as various colored speaker surrounds) available in the future to make the 4" to 5.25" speaker upgrade a more affordable option. The target goal is to make it so a person can do the speaker WITH speaker light upgrade for a comparable price to what the speaker upgrade alone is currently.
Also... I already have 2 different style of Speaker Light Kits that are designed for BK:SoR Pro on my website now. I should have the BK:SoR acrylic design from the video listed on my website next week sometime.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Had a party last weekend and got nothing but positive comments on the LE speaker lighting kit. They look awesome!!!

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from Jared:

BKSOR LE #425 Has landed in Rockwall Texas! Super Proud of Steve and Tim on this one!!! Awesome!!!!! Also thanks to dugfreez for the RAD light rings!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL, we're those speaker lights installed before the first game played?

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

No offense, but do you think guests at your party are going to tell you they suck or don't like them though? . And I'm not saying I don't like them, just that guest opinions are usually skewed on things out of courtesy.

That skews both ways. I have a couple of friends who basically don't like any mod and will certainly speak up at every opportunity.

In this case even the most hardened anti mod, anti clown puke, anti LED curmudgeon will most likely have to admit that this mod looks cool.

#1085 1 year ago

Sure would be nice if someone made stickers to replace the seizure warning with some cool artwork. I managed to get a full decal set for Metallica and it included a few apron decals with artwork instead of the warning.

1 week later
#1103 1 year ago

Has anyone actually confirmed a "black nub of death" on a BKSOR instead of blue? Are they available for purchase anywhere?

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Found this on YouTube. (Video of upper playfield removal)

Might interest some.

I put a pad on the game to the left of BK and put the upper playfield there while working underneath.

#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:*** Check your play fields ***
Folks, couple of guys have posted on the mega chipping thread that they have BK:SOR with chipping. Can I ask you to all check and if you have chipping to report it to your dealer...
thanks,
Neil.

Yes, everyone check your BKSORs carefully.

No chipping here, but my BKSOR LE has some of the pooling of clear around the posts. Shows up as a ripple around the posts. Not bad compared to the Wonka and JJPPOTC games as I've seen and it is only on a handful of post and not on others. I have contacted my distributor and sent a bunch of detailed pictures. Basically the clear has not fully cured. It is soft. I went ahead and put clear washers underneath the two worst of the posts. To me this is not bad enough to warrant a whole new populated playfield, but I would like to at least get a spare playfield out of this at some point.

20190826_181344 (resized).jpg20190826_182005 (resized).jpg
#1149 1 year ago

Anyone get a coin door lockout harness and switch yet from Stern? What is the approved route for that - if any?

2 weeks later
#1215 1 year ago

Any word on the topper yet?

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Topper screenshot[quoted image]

I assume it will be a little more finished when it is released...

1 month later
#1516 10 months ago
Quoted from Finrod:

I'm at the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Nashville and they have a LE here, and on it the upper flipper flips first followed by the main flipper,

That is wrong. Should be the other way around.

From what I understand the pros are exploiting the game in tournaments by trapping balls on the lower flippers and using the upper flipper for endless loops during multiball. Swapping the flipper wires to make the upper flipper go first would put an end to that.

2 weeks later
#1676 9 months ago

I bought the album. Less than $10 to ship to Florida. Glad I didn't buy one of those off of eBay for $100+ a few months back.

#1683 9 months ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

But speaking for myself since I’m only interested in the music, none of those makes a difference to me.

I don't even have a turn table. Doubt I will ever open it. I will display it on the wall in my game room and pass it along with the machine in a couple of years when I sell it. To me this should have come with the LEs in the first place...

#1693 9 months ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

You really ought to open it - it comes with a code for a digital download of the music inside.

Cool! Thanks, I will certainly download the digital copy.

1 week later
#1746 9 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Don't ask me how I know, but don't expect the topper by Christmas. The Star Wars topper has taken priority in the production queue.

Fine with me, I'm getting both.

#1778 9 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

That's what I feared. So there's no way to change that "meh" soft warm white...

Just pull the board out and put another in. Or replace it with a socket.

#1802 9 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Puttin deject protectors on maiden and bksor and can’t figure out how to put these right side ones on. It’s like they need extra holes in them...[quoted image]

The right side ones slip under the metal rail. You have to loosen the wood screws from underneath the playfield enough to slip it in. Then adjust it just right as you tighten them down. I know there are a couple of different models. I had to drill an extra hole in the right side protector for Star Wars but not for BK.

#1818 9 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So, has anyone actually gone ahead and installed a second magna-save button in the side of the cabinet like science and Jebus intended?
I'm thinking of doing it to my pro. Sorry if someone did and I missed it.

I'm working on a concept that would require no permanent modification to the cabinet and make the button super quick to hit. When I get back from vacation I plan on making a prototype to test

#1822 9 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The button position isn't the problem with the magna-save. It's the power and/or position of the magnet. I am hopeful they can make it a little more effective with a software update, but I'm not holding my breath.

Its also the speed of the game. The ball zings by so fast, there is really only a chance to catch a percentage of right drains that are either slower or clang around a little. Those slow floaty right drains on BK1 are a thing of the past.

1 week later
#1882 8 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I'd tried installing Hooked flipper swords without the decals under them, and after 1-2 shot of flipper, they all went out in outer space

I had the same experience. No way am I putting them back even with better glue. I figure they might come off while someone else is playing my game and maybe get under the flipper or somehow do serious damage to the playfield. Just not worth it.

#1884 8 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Did you had the decals installed? I've seen many pictures of people using them with decals and they look fine.
And yeah, I had the "brilliant" idea to use better glue to make them stick and same result. Went flying after 1-2 shots. Thing is, now I have glue residu on all my flippers and I need a way to hide that. Flipper decals? of give another shot to hook with decals?...

I liked the look better without the black decal. Apparently they have better glue now, but I'm still not willing to try.

#1959 8 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Fluo Orange Plastic Protetors

I can't stand protectors that change the color of the plastics. Clear is the only way that I roll.

#2006 8 months ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

The thread with the custom apron cards by Coindropper got me thinking. His cards are way too nice looking to just have the corners stuck in the apron. Had the guys at the shop come up with some variations on a frame for the cards. Here is what we settled on. Pics of the right and left side with a custom card mounted in my LE, and one with the stock cards. The top surface on these does not have the final surface finish I want. They will look nicer. Made of plastic. Round pins machined onto the bottom surface just pop into the slots. Easy to remove too. Have a couple of tweaks to this setup, but it is almost finalized. Thinking about offering these if there is any interest. Probably somewhere between $20 and $30 each.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look nice!

#2012 8 months ago

They had some video of the BK topper last night on INDISC. It looks SICK! 100% chance that I buy one!

1 week later
#2060 8 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

You’re right. They only make formal announcements over orange records.

20200105_200557 (resized).jpg
#2086 7 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just installed Hooked’s pop bumper caps. They turned out great! The knight and Premium playfield blocks them a little, but they look so much better than the plastic version.[quoted image][quoted image]

I was kind of surprised when I got mine and they were made out of metal! Definitely a quality mod!

2 weeks later
#2189 7 months ago

Nice big update considering it went from 1.00 to 1.01 haha. Anyway this is a good sign and hopefully one or two polish updates after this one. Can't wait to get the topper!!

#2237 7 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Join the Facebook

No thanks

#2249 7 months ago

Right now I'm all about the topper. I put the new code in, played one game and shut it off. Once the topper is on I will be playing non stop. Until then I have a couple new EMs to tweak and will continue on my quest to roll Paragon and Joker Poker.

1 week later
#2289 6 months ago

Anyone who has the toppers IN STOCK or knows where they are in stock, please post here or IM me. I am tired of waiting for my SW topper and not going to make the same mistake this time. I will order one immediately if I know it is in stock and ready to ship.

#2302 6 months ago

Ordered my topper from LSOG. It's on backorder, so fingers crossed it isn't too long.

1 week later
#2326 6 months ago

Stern's distribution method for toppers seems to be completely random and really pisses me off. I order my Star Wars topper from a large distributor many months ago when they officially came available. It seems like every other distributor in the world has gotten them in but crickets on mine.

The other thing is that the toppers should be available either at game release or shortly there after. I've had my BK for almost a year now and would have bought one with the machine if I could have.

#2355 6 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I ordered my topper the day it came available and just shipped yesterday.

Who from?

2 weeks later
#2414 5 months ago

I have a feeling the BK toppers are dried up until after the shutdown is over. Long after. I realize Stern has a topper department, but still it will be all hands on deck getting games out the door for the foreseeable future once they are back in the factory.

I finally was able to track down a Star Wars topper and in calling around the BK toppers are nowhere to be found. I do still have one on order at LSOG, but at this point I will be glad to get it within a couple of months.

1 month later
#2504 4 months ago

The design of the cabinet and playfield position don't allow for the buttons to be positioned like they are on the older games like BK2K and the original BK. That's why Stern went with the button below the regular flipper button on the Munsters. Personally I hate that position because I constantly hit that second button by mistake. No big deal on Munsters, but it would waste my Magnasave on BK.

I have been trying to come up with a surface mount button that would not require drilling. Wireless would be great but I can't find a suitable circuit.

The other thing that I have noticed is that I do save a ball every once in a while when it is moving slowly. Problem with the Magnasave on this game is the game is just blazing fast. It's not like the old slow motion days where you have time to react and the ball is moving slow enough to snatch it to a stop. It doesn't matter where the button is, you will never be able to save the ball as frequently as you could in the older games, plain and simple.

2 weeks later
#2546 4 months ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

for designing pretty much the greatest pinball topper ever created.

Sure wish I could get one...

1 week later
#2583 4 months ago

You guys who got your toppers today; who did you order them from?

#2586 4 months ago

The Star Wars toppers are infamous for wiring problems and having heat shrink that is not even shrunk. Most of that is in the LEDs though and SPIKE is smart enough not to be smoke if the LEDs are shorted. Im guessing yours has a short in the power circuit or a defective part, or bound motor?

I order mine through LSOG. The way Stern works they seem to seen a batch out to dealers one at a time. So I could get mine tomorrow or a week from next August depending on the order they are shipping.

#2589 4 months ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Yeah…………...so...…..I observed smoke coming from the motor. Motor not locked as motor still rotates. Anyway...………….that's where the smoke is coming from.

You know what they say about the magic smoke that everything electrical runs on? Once you let it out, the device is generally dead. Considering it is a new $450 component, my next move would be contacting Stern for advice, replacement or possibly to send you a new motor if you are handy with this sort of thing.

#2604 3 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I ordered from LSOG in March. Radio silent, though I’m not too worried about it. Looking forward to getting it soon.

I ordered mine from them on Feb 26th still nothing. Hopefully that day is getting closer.

1 week later
#2618 3 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Anyone getting any word on more toppers? I sure would like to get one......

Basically Stern has started making toppers again and right now they're running the Black Knight. Slowly but surely they're trickling out to the dealers to fill back orders.

3 weeks later
#2660 87 days ago

Seems like topper deliveries have dried up? I guess they are making JP2 toppers for a while and then hopefully back to BK toppers?

2 weeks later
#2677 71 days ago

Haha I never noticed the Hooked website shows their caps installed over top of the original caps! I took the original caps off, but have to admit they look good with the plastics underneath. I'll need to go back in tonight and put the originals back in underneath the Hooked set.

#2679 68 days ago

Something is definitely not right, I've never seen an air airball on my upper Playfield.

1 week later
#2741 56 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

For those who had topper orders with little shop of games last year, I emailed them looking for an update on my order. Below is thier reply back.
"We have been told that they are making them this week and should be shipping to us in the following week. 
audio,
Marshall Dickson"

Cautiously optimistic. Hopefully they get a big enough batch to cover all the orders.

#2743 56 days ago

A while back I installed a Magna Save button on the right side of my BKLE. I didn't want to drill the LE side rails, so I 3D printed a raised button holder that is held on with double sided tape. The mod can be completely removed in a couple of minutes and never know it has been there. I loosened the side rail and ran two small gauge wires up under and into the cabinet and clipped directly to the button on the lock bar. So both buttons work. Took me a while to get used to it, in fact the first Magna Save success after the installation was with the lock bar button - duh. Even though it is raised a bit, the button is very sensitive and I can get to the magna save in a fraction of the time now.

It looks a little funky as an external installation, but would be very simple to make it look factory on a Premium or Pro where drilling is not an issue.
20200530_100236 (resized).jpg20200531_164705 (resized).jpg

#2775 51 days ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Got my topper today and it’s is amazing.... hope everyone is getting theirs as well !!

Who did you order from, if you don't mind my asking?

#2783 49 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper just shipped!!!!!
Ordered February 27 through LSOG.

Just got notice from LSOG that mine shipped too!

Ordered 2/26. Being in Florida, there is a chance it will get here tomorrow.

#2799 47 days ago

20200805_155859 (resized).jpg

#2820 41 days ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

New to club, two weeks I believe. Wanting to put sling and lane protector on. Whats a good choice of color. Fluorescent Orange Protector,
Fluorescent Yellow Protector,
Fluorescent Red Protector.
Blue, Green or what looks best.
Thanks
[quoted image]

In my opinion clear always looks best. Why change the original colors of the plastics to a single washed out color?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#2922 19 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

While you are totally correct on the examples of other supply and manufacturing issues, I have little sympathy for Stern, as they have no issue cranking out NIB machines to sell, one being BKSOR. So why does it take 6 months (and counting) for me to get replacement parts for a machine they are actively making? Unacceptable.

From what I hear the factory is making machines at a much slower rate than before. There are problems with the supply chain just like everyone else and not to mention their number one tech support guy for the last 30 years just died...

#2926 18 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I know what I need, yet I can’t speak to a human being there to send it to me.

That does suck. I might suggest going through your distributor that you got it from or local Stern dealer if you bought it second hand.

#2932 15 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Surely someone must have a better solution to this P.O.S. design?

Yours must be bent or the stack up is still not right. I have never had a ball even slow down in that area let alone get stuck. I've had the upper playfield out at least three times to install mods and plastic protectors and it just goes right back in and lines up with the plug perfectly every time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside