IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

In on a pro. Pretty excited! The music, the animations, the freakin speech! And holy hell does that topper sound BA!

Where was this elusive topper I’ve heard about?

3 weeks later
#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yes i think you also get a letter for completing a WAR hurry up but i would have to make sure as i'm not one hundred percent confident on that.

Hopefully completing war will one day build playfield multipliers.

I was going to ask how code was coming along, but it appears much is missing still.

2 weeks later
#272 4 years ago

Put 80 games on a brand new BKSoR LE. Wow fun game. First 20 games I learned the shots, or more specifically where not to shoot. This game me confidence and next 20 games I learned the rules and what you are supposed to do and how to keep the ball alive. Those were practice games, but the next 40 games I got down and dirty.

Game looks stunning in red glow and playfield gi lighting low.

Game wants to drain so player needs to be ready to react at all times.

Gameplay is a mix of flow and some stop and watch. Ritchie fans may be confused initially, but there is plenty of speed during multiballs.

Final verdict is the game left me feeling I had played Black Knight. My preference is BKSoR > BK > BK2K

Prem and LE over the pro. I am of the camp that says without an upper playfield this is not Black Knight. The pro is still great by itself but it should almost be considered another game.

I estimate 75% of my games were spent locking and starting multiballs on both levels equally. Without the upper playfield you lose a major ball lock mech and multiball. Absence of upper playfield, your strategy and how you play the game changes for pro. Hence it is a different game. BK had a multiball on each level after locking 3/2 balls and this required one focus on starting each level multiball.

Another big advantage of having upper playfield is that during multiball you can spread the balls around better and “park” a stream of balls out of the way. Because you are keeping balls in play on 2 playfields you get that BK vibe. Congrats to entire Stern crew on a spectacular game.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How many of your 80 games were on the pro vs premium / le?

100% on LE. Hence my opinion you will want to own Prem or LE of this game.

I was initially concerned how to access the upper playfield, but soon confirmed three points of entry. The left lane is always available to put a ball up top, albeit you might need to hit the drop target first. The result is ease of moving between playfields. .... perfect. This allows player to navigate both levels at his own discretion and showcase their ball management skills

Accuracy of locking balls in catapult mech increases with practice. However your skills might plateau before reaching the level of being able to put a ball in at will. I can lock ball 20% of the time so need five trips up top times three balls to start catapult mb. Of course it can be done with three plunges, but I ain’t that great yet either. I could usually start catapult mb every game and sometimes 3 or 4 times. The upper playfield is a challenging, little mofo that must be conquered and is integral to the BKSoR experience!

The story line has you starting the catapult mb to attack castle gates so it only makes sense to start it often and enough to breech the door and find the black knight. With pro you still have the burning door but no upper pf and no catapult mb. You have to wonder around looking for him, instead of using the muscle of a badass medieval weapon.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You may consider it worth mentioning, while you declare the prem/LE to be the best version of the game, that you've never even played a pro.

You are correct, I have not played the pro and that might change my mind as to which version is preferable. My reasoning was if the upper pf is great to have, then not having it sux. But ignored concept of liking the flow more without it, as extreme as that sounded to me. But for now the BKSoR Prem/LE rocks hard. Also can’t wait to start knight mode, I hear it is fantastic.

1 week later
#398 4 years ago

Logged 200 games on LE v.93 code and having a ball. BKSoR Prem/LE for the win over pro model (still haven’t played a pro but I enjoy this upper playfield so much that I refuse to lose it). Looking forward to trying v.94 soon because big changes are afoot at the circle k.

Easy to reach upper pf from 3 paths, the left outlane is always available, hence it is the most reliable and least risky path from the bottom flippers. With the upper playfield comes an extra catapult multiball. Lately I’ve been getting 2+ catapult mb’s per game and 4 times on a great game. This in turn powers my ability to start the three knights multiballs on the main playfield. Lately I’ve been getting 2+ mb’s per games and 5 times on a great game, making it easy to imagine how much better I am doing over playing on a pro. Not just scorewise but codewise and funwise. Was having trouble progressing deeply into the modes before now, but with the new code things are aboot to become greta!

Significant v.94 changes were 1) allowing incomplete modes to continue playing the music and staying in the mode with the next ball, makes it more feasible to eventually complete 3 beast modes to qualify the final Black Knight mode. It has consequences too in that you are locked into that mode until all levels are finished and the mode is completed 2) both 3 ball multiballs run at same time more frequently because you can start one while playing the other without haste. There are other improvements and bug fixes, speaking of which I forgot to mention another big one 3) allows shield to stay up longer to clear a ball caught behind it. That may not have been like dripping water torture to you, but it was to me.

If you are on the fence about installing an incremental update rather than holding out for 1.0, I’d suggest upgrading now!

1 month later
#698 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I played BKSOR (both Pro and Premium) for the first time at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown in May and absolutely loved it - lived up to all the hype IMO. This afternoon I played a BKSOR Premium for 2 hours straight at the TILT Arcade in Louisville, CO and it solidified my belief that I absolutely have to have this game. I have 5 pins already and room for 6, but no pinball funds at present. I'm seriously, seriously considering selling my Harley - when I think about how much I've ridden it over the last 2 years (4 or 5 times) vs. how much I'd be playing BKSOR (daily), it seems like a no-contest from a usage/enjoyment perspective.

Step 1 is to sell Black Jack to begin funding your current goal BKSOR prem. This frees space for a second future pin.

1 week later
#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Anyone going to the San Diego Comic-Con? Stern is selling a limited print vinyl for BKSoR and I would love a copy! I guess there’s 100 copies only and it’s available at their booth only. I will gladly compensate anyone that can hook me up with a copy.

Only 100 copies is more rare than 500 BKSoR LE’s. Don’t have a turntable or I’d buy the vinyl and play it backwards to hear satanic messages from George or Gary.

1 month later
#1146 4 years ago

Anybody hear an update on the topper? Six months back Steve Ritchie announced that it was a bad ass design and that is was being made. There is no external sign off needed for this title so what could be the delay?

1 month later
#1395 4 years ago

Oh my, how the tables have turned. The Black Knight has gained the upper hand. BKSOR topper looks to be one of the best features of the game, yet it has been mia until now. Hope to grab one when available around year end.

Funny thing, Stern should consider converting one line to producing toppers. People have been awaiting TWD, SW, GB and BKSOR toppers, with no end in sight. If Stern makes 50 games a day, there is a seat for 50 toppers, so it is time for Stern to crank things up. Stern is a lifestyle brand that makes pinball toppers, sells t-shirt’s, manufactures pinball machines, streams pinball content, organizes a pinball pro circuit and fulfills dreams.

1 year later
#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

What to join the club if anyone is selling a premium

Contact musketd (above^) and shift into an LE. You are going to love the game and club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.