36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 358 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_20191021_20_38_33_Pro (resized).jpg
P1040028 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191017-171306_Gallery (resized).jpg
BlackKnightArmor-01_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).JPG
72567061_1216515658547312_8727104813663256576_n (resized).jpg
72571326_2423411631207372_6138830772313784320_n (resized).jpg
DSC_0523 (resized).jpg
DSC_0517 (resized).jpg
DSC_0513 (resized).jpg
DSC_0516 (resized).jpg
DSC_0512 (resized).jpg
DSC_0511 (resized).jpg
DSC_0509 (resized).jpg
DSC_0507 (resized).jpg
DSC_0502 (resized).jpg
DSC_0497 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (7 months ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (6 months ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 months ago

On the list for a Premium!

1 month later
#173 5 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Agreed- I hate the power switch location on the new Stern games. Plus when you have a pingulp cup in between it really sucks....

It's the worst. And the resulting lack of a service plug in the cabinet can be a major PIA on location. Whoever justified this should be fired.

#181 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

The power switch in the head it literally the dumbest thing they ever did. What’s worse is they know we hate it and that it’s a bad idea yet they don’t do anything about it.

At one point we had to put a sign on the front of the head at our location for these Spike games so the waitresses could find the power switches to turn the games on/off. We had a SW there that never got turned on for about a week because of this.

2 months later
#895 87 days ago

Guys I was able to update my Pro yesterday no issues to 1.0 code.

However, I now notice that the castle fire effect isn't working properly for me, the fire just flashes on and off without any of the "smooth" fire transitions, etc.

My game is on location so I didn't note if it was okay prior to the code update or not.

Anyone else had this kind of issue with the castle fire?

#932 85 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Game on location is like that the whole time.

Sorry, are you saying that you have a location game that behaves the same way?

My game wasn't like this before, but I only noticed it after I did the 1.0 update. Just wanted to make sure nobody else saw it after they updated code in case it was a code issue somehow.

#935 85 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes.

Try to install the update again. The thing I wanted to say was only that I think it's propably pretty easy a cable shakes loose so the the fire Panel won't work as it should. So I would check that if reinstaling the update won't change anything.

Ah I see. Well I did a Full Update with Verification so not sure if re-installing will do much. I also had a quick look at the wires going to that LED panel behind the backboard and all I noticed was a simple 2-wire power feed to it. I might have missed someting but it seems the fire effect is created via board in the panel itself, which maybe fails after extended use on location.

I'll give Stern support a call.

#954 85 days ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Uhm ... by the way it was marketed.
Perhaps you never saw any of the marketing, but take a look at the teaser trailer that kicked off the anticipation:
Then again, perhaps you saw it and it made you LOL. And that's OK if it did.
No pinball game is ultimately serious. But, just as in movies, video games and other fictional stories/worlds, you suspend your disbelief when you enter. But there still needs to be a fairly consistent and logical set of parameters established and followed to allow us to continue to maintain that suspension of disbelief.
Steve may have talked for 18 years about creating a "Beige Knight." Cool. But the game I bought specifically says "Black Knight Sword of Rage" not "Beige Knight Sword of Miffed."
For those of us who grew up with Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 and love the lawful evil nature of the character, suddenly giving the Black Knight in Sword of Rage an increasingly cowering sense of humor in a code update is not Black Knight 3 - it turns the game into a Black Knight reboot. And that's not what was advertised and why I bought one.
But again: just make it an adjustment along with adding an adult option and everyone will be very happy because whoever comes to own a BKSOR can select the Black Knight's persona based on where they're operating the game, thus tailoring it to everyone from HUO family with kids to adults-only locations.

Perhaps the Black Knight has just been misunderstood all these years, and he's really a pretty swell guy!

#993 82 days ago
Quoted from Lord_RyGuy:I set my speech attenuation to 5 and it sounds great. I equate it to lowering the "preamp" so it stops distorting and raising the volume of the "power amp" (by raising the main volume from the coin door) and it should be loud and clear.

This the is the answer. I don't have my settings in front of me but cranked down the callout levels by increasing the Speech Attenuation and increased the music via decreasing the Music Attenuation on my location game, so the callouts were less booming and overwellming and you could actually hear the rockin' guitar tunes.

2 weeks later
#1089 65 days ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I changed all of the GI bulbs to warm white, because I thought the red really hid a lot of the art, and the cool white didn't look "Black Knighty" enough.
If I could make a BKSOR wish, I would ask Tim to code a "Warmer Colors" mode that made RAGE and WAR look more warm like the original Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 colors. KNIGHT is cool as it is.
Anyway, here's what it looks like with Titan Warm Whites. If you were considering it, and you hated it, you can thank me for saving you some time.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So much better, it's not even close.

Did the same on my IMDN. I wish Stern would hire a light designer with a clue...

#1095 64 days ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The flames in the back don't work if the insert brightness is set below 100%.

Wow - thanks for posting this. I thought my flame panel was defective!

I updated my code to 1.0 awhile back and noticed the flames weren't working properly anymore, just flashing on and off. I didn't make the connection between setting my insert brightness <100%. I will try restoring this setting to 100% and see if it fixes it for now.

Nice catch!

3 weeks later
#1175 41 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't know. I gotta believe every LE game that Stern releases with the visible 5.25" speakers and the speaker surrounds were intended to be lit, but cut for cost. Why not pick up better than factory speaker lighting for those LEs?
Individual addressable RGB LED lighting with 358 different color / color transitions and adjustable brightness and speed. These "Deluxe SPIKE 2 - 5.25" Speaker Light Kits" should be listed soon at http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com
- Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

Which kit provides the speaker-only lighting like in your pic? The website ones all light up the entire speaker rectangle which I find unappealing.

#1176 41 days ago

Is anyone having issues with the top-left gate not opening to allow for a super-skill shot consistenly (Pro)?

On my game it works about 2/3rds of the time. Always been that way. I kind of figured it was a sw bug at first but now I'm not so sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside