36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 458 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C056AD99-5873-4B55-B560-7D0F7EDBC60E (resized).jpeg
8A14F7B4-B179-4F83-828B-EC185445CFFB (resized).jpeg
26773D0F-4FD5-4E7B-97CC-DA96C2C797AD (resized).jpeg
AED62A6A-61B1-4491-BEAF-31B678B30CB8 (resized).jpeg
B9F57588-114F-4B6E-B0D3-1F8B2E2556FB (resized).jpeg
F9156697-C525-4A99-871F-B58F17041AB4 (resized).jpeg
85096983_2744213662472750_6419540544766083072_n (resized).jpg
86182960_1396212940560914_1562695327771787264_n (resized).jpg
86283458_2582210305384732_7349456575586631680_n (resized).jpg
BDFF1D4D-A795-4E6E-AC3E-0B6E4B5DCA52 (resized).jpeg
DC481A62-11A3-4E64-AABA-B372A5E6EAA4 (resized).png
20200205_184729 (resized).jpg
BK plastic (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
70B9C42D-D422-4111-B9E1-627A3C5B1975 (resized).jpeg
704836B4-89E3-49FE-A068-1FDE2B4DCB55 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (11 months ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (11 months ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1440 4 months ago

I haven't been here in a few years, but since I bought a Premium and have had it for ~2 months I figured I should come here and see what people have to say. It took me most of a week to read the whole thread, and I've already learned a good deal so far, and I have quite a bit to say, but I'll just start with one item: the magna-save button.

I don't like where it is on the lock-down bar. Sure, it's easier for new players to find, and I can hit it with my left hand while I still keep my right hand on the right flipper button, but it introduces some problems. A large part of the time when I hit the button, my ring goes >crack< on the playfield glass, and I've accumulated a whole mess of fingerprints on the playfield glass. Also, they had to change how the lockdown bar is released-- sure, they included a flyer with how to release it with the machine, but there are going to be many servicepeople that need to maintain a BKSOR that will have never seen the flyer.

Plus, my magna-save button likes to stick down about 1 time in 3 or 4, and that's with a machine that's only ever been played in my basement by me. When someone on location spills some carbonated beverage on one of these buttons, or hits it with overly sticky hands, that button is going to get stuck down and be unusable.

Has anyone else had any problems with a sticky magna-save button, or is it just me?

#1443 4 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Stern have been using this new type of lockdown bar for almost 4 years now. I think most folks have got it. In my view its a huge improvement over the lever mech.

Okay. It's new to me-- my second-newest machine is a Doctor Who.

2 weeks later
#1512 3 months ago

I have a question for everyone who has a Premium or Limited Edition: when you flip the right flipper, which flips first, the upper flipper or the main flipper?

I'm at the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Nashville and they have a LE here, and on it the upper flipper flips first followed by the main flipper, but on the Premium in my basement at home the main flipper flips first and then the upper flipper-- which sometimes doesn't flip or is delayed enough that I miss the shot, which is annoying. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with mine.

#1517 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

That is wrong. Should be the other way around.
From what I understand the pros are exploiting the game in tournaments by trapping balls on the lower flippers and using the upper flipper for endless loops during multiball. Swapping the flipper wires to make the upper flipper go first would put an end to that.

Thanks for the info. I still think there's something wrong with my right flipper button, but at least it's flipping in the correct order.

#1518 3 months ago

A few items I'd like to see addressed in the next code release:

The game is inconsistent about clearing messages by flipping both flippers. None of the mode score totals can be cleared by flipping both flippers, for example. I can't count how many times I've muttered nasty things under my breath as it tells me War Hurry-Up Total: 100,000 and I'm flipping both flippers and it does nothing to make that damn message go away. I can live with the Skill Shot/Super Skill Shot animations not being interruptible, but IMHO the rest should be.

On the other hand, if you flip both flippers to skip the Extra Ball animation or the Extra Ball Is Lit animation, it goes away entirely immediately, whereas I think it should skip to the last frame and hold that for a second or two, like what it does when you abort the Mystery Award animation.

Regarding the War Hurry-Up-- sometimes during it it's spinning the flail and having the shield lowered, and sometimes it isn't. When it is, I have to hit the flail or shield multiple times to get credit for it in War Hurry-Up-- is that how it's supposed to be? If it is, it's annoying; if it isn't, it should be fixed.

The Triple Knights ball lock sequence should be aware of when there are other balls in play, and not turn off all the playfield lights in that situation, or at least turn them off for a much shorter period of time.

At the start of ball 3, I'd like to see the lowest high score that I haven't beaten yet, not just the replay value.

It would also be nice if the game would tell you when you finished a mode and it tells you the total for that mode, if that's a new champion score for that mode.

3 weeks later
#1711 83 days ago

I found out what was wrong with my upper flipper on my BKSOR Premium. On the right flipper button, the second leaf switch for the upper flipper was only just making contact when the flipper button was pushed absolutely all of the way in. Attacking it with a pair of needle-nosed pliers now has it making contact a good 2mm or so before the flipper button bottoms out, like it should be, and my upper flipper problems have disappeared, hooray!

I've now adjusted the center target twice to get it away from the post to the right that it seems to want to get jammed into. Hopefully this time it'll take.

3 weeks later
#1840 62 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Here's an odd request... can anybody get me a close-ish photo of the black knight mech with a tiny Santa sat on? Like stolen from the elf on a shelf or something? Need it by noon. Reasons.

My girlfriend always puts a small Santa hat on her fullsize Sauron statue. Currently he's also holding Jack Skellington's head.

1 week later
#1947 50 days ago
Quoted from gkralicek:

There is adjustment of callouts to temper the amout of "soft" talk from the black knight. It's written in the "New" section of the features list (adjustment of the backpedaling speech, default to "NONE" and amount of soft talk can be set up in percentage)

Personally I would like to see a setting where he doesn't backpedal until you've defeated him at least once.

#1973 46 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Personally, I’d like to defeat him once. LOL
I think I’m a pretty decent player. Couple hundred games on it. Farthest I’ve gotten is the last monster “reset” (the bunch of shots you need to move on to the next thing). And that was with two extra balls. Sadly I don’t see that it’s feasible for me to really fight him much less beat him once.

Right there with you. I've reached the BK2K wizard mode several times, but I've only made it to the Black Castle twice, and the first time I drained almost immediately. I've driven up replay to 237M and my GC is in the 700M range, but there are still three of the champions that are still the stock scores: the two involved with the Black Castle, and the War Hurry-up (I'm terrible at that mode, sometimes I consider trapping the ball and letting the mode expire since it often induces drains).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,599.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside